|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amara ask Josefa that shows she's thinking about more than what's in front of her?
(a) She asks if Josefa is married.
(b) She asks if they can find her sister.
(c) She asks what's for dinner that night.
(d) She asks what Josefa is thinking.
2. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
(a) The pirates' cove.
(b) The abbey far below.
(c) Black specks on the ocean.
(d) A pack of wolves.
3. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) Josefa is returning home.
(b) Severo is shutting down the convent.
(c) For sheltering a murderess.
(d) Amara has run away.
4. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
(a) God cannot hear him.
(b) God does not exist.
(c) God is busy.
(d) God will answer his prayers.
5. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He believes it is not necessary.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He relishes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
2. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
3. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
4. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
5. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
2. What does Eseranca say about Palinor?
3. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
4. Why is Josefa pleased with the way Amara is thinking?
5. Why does Severo say the experiment with Amara is void?
6. Describe Severo's night the night before Palinor is burned.
7. Why is Severo looking on a map of the world?
8. What does Jamie do when he comes for Amara and what does he do with her?
9. Describe Severo's dream and what he sees is the moral in it.
10. What do the nuns believe about Amara and what do they do about it?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)