|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
(a) The fact that he is from another country.
(b) Beneditx's long conversations with him.
(c) His honesty and integrity.
(d) Amara not knowing about God.
2. What did Dolca spend the money from Severo on?
(a) A fine robe for Palinor to wear while he died.
(b) A substance that emits a lethal fume when burned.
(c) A small house on the coast.
(d) A good last meal for Palinor.
3. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not having a lover.
(b) Not eating meat.
(c) Obeying her father.
(d) Not telling Amara about God.
4. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
(b) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
(c) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
(d) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
5. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
(a) Sent Joffre to the docks with a message for Aclar.
(b) Had sex with Dolca and Joffre.
(c) Talked with Beneditx.
(d) Mentioned the name of God to Fra Murta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
2. Where do many mothers leave their babies?
3. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
4. What has Palinor the most afraid?
5. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
2. What does Fra Murta ask Amara and how does she respond?
3. What does Jamie find out when he asks around about abandoned babies?
4. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
5. What does Fra Murta tell Severo about Aclar?
6. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
7. Describe Severo's night the night before Palinor is burned.
8. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
9. What does Palinor see as he rides into Ciudad?
10. What does Beneditx say to Palinor about his new knowledge of nonbelievers? What does Palinor say to him?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)