|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He has a mild distaste towards him.
(c) He can't stand his company.
(d) He believes he is a saint.
2. What does Fra Murta ask Palinor three days after he is confined?
(a) If he is a king.
(b) If he is a Christian.
(c) If he is a Jew.
(d) If he believes in God.
3. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
(a) He is tired of it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He is proud of it.
4. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) Margalida has died.
(b) He has a husband for her.
(c) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
(d) Her brothers miss her.
5. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) It is atheistic.
(b) People choose their own religion.
(c) There are no churches.
(d) It is Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
2. Why is Esperanca confused about Palinor?
3. Why does Severo send Rafal away?
4. What does Palinor wonder about passionately religious people?
5. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fra Murta ask Amara and how does she respond?
2. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
3. What happens with Beneditx?
4. What does Fra Murta tell Severo about Aclar?
5. What does Severo say to Fra Murta to explain his behavior concerning Palinor? How does the Fra feel about it?
6. Why is Severo looking on a map of the world?
7. What does Palinor see as he rides into Ciudad?
8. Why is Josefa pleased with the way Amara is thinking?
9. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
10. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)