|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(b) He realizes he never really believed.
(c) He thinks the church murders people.
(d) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
2. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
(a) That he has finished his task.
(b) That Palinor has convinced him.
(c) That he is leaving for England.
(d) That Palinor now believes in God.
3. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
(b) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(c) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
(d) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
4. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(b) Ask for a payment in gold.
(c) Exact a terrible revenge.
(d) Retrieve his body.
5. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He beat one of the guards.
(b) He has confessed his heresy.
(c) He refuses to confess.
(d) He has people coming to rescue him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rafal do to fulfill the task Severo gave him?
2. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
3. What has Palinor the most afraid?
4. What vow does Josefa break?
5. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Beneditx?
2. Why doesn't the abbess care about Amara?
3. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
4. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
5. Describe Severo's dream and what he sees is the moral in it.
6. What does Palinor think about as far as writings of St. Augustine?
7. What does Jamie do when he comes for Amara and what does he do with her?
8. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
9. Why does Severo say the experiment with Amara is void?
10. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)