|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneditx tell Palinor about his idea of nonbelievers?
(a) That Palinor is the only one he has known.
(b) That there are no nonbelievers.
(c) That they are criminals.
(d) That Palinor has changed his mind about them.
2. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
(a) Take communion.
(b) Straddle a large log with his hands bound.
(c) Wear a black hood.
(d) Go to his knees.
3. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
(a) He should have let himself drown.
(b) He will be more careful the next time.
(c) He should have swum the other way.
(d) He is bitter it happened.
4. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He accuses her of being coached.
(c) He cries.
(d) He kills Fra Murta.
5. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
(a) That Palinor has convinced him.
(b) That he is leaving for England.
(c) That Palinor now believes in God.
(d) That he has finished his task.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
2. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
3. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
4. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
5. Why does Severo examine the map?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fra Murta tell Severo about Aclar?
2. What do the nuns believe about Amara and what do they do about it?
3. What does Jamie do when he comes for Amara and what does he do with her?
4. What does Jamie find out about Amara's birth mother?
5. Why is Josefa pleased with the way Amara is thinking?
6. What does Fra Murta ask Amara and how does she respond?
7. What does Beneditx say to Palinor about his new knowledge of nonbelievers? What does Palinor say to him?
8. Describe Severo's dream and what he sees is the moral in it.
9. What does Amara do after Jamie leaves her?
10. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)