|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He has confessed his heresy.
(b) He beat one of the guards.
(c) He refuses to confess.
(d) He has people coming to rescue him.
2. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He refuses to speak.
(b) He tells him his confession was false.
(c) He tells him God will take care of him.
(d) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
3. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That God just won't give him faith.
(b) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
(c) That could cost him his life.
(d) That nothing is impossible.
4. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
(a) He shouldn't have prayed in front of her.
(b) He shouldn't curse in God's name.
(c) He should be brought in for questioning.
(d) The experiment is void.
5. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(b) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
(c) He realizes he never really believed.
(d) He thinks the church murders people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
2. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
3. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
4. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
5. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)