|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
(a) A brothel owner.
(b) Jamie's brother.
(c) A shepherd.
2. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He realizes he never really believed.
(b) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
(c) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(d) He thinks the church murders people.
3. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
(a) Straddle a large log with his hands bound.
(b) Wear a black hood.
(c) Go to his knees.
(d) Take communion.
4. What does Severo suggest to Palinor?
(a) That he admits he believed in God at one time.
(b) That he has amnesia and can't remember his religion.
(c) That he claim a visit by an angel.
(d) That he kill Severo and escape.
5. What does Beneditx tell Palinor about his idea of nonbelievers?
(a) That Palinor is the only one he has known.
(b) That they are criminals.
(c) That there are no nonbelievers.
(d) That Palinor has changed his mind about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
2. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
3. Where will Jamie take Amara?
4. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
5. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
2. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
3. What does Amara do after Jamie leaves her?
4. What does Eseranca say about Palinor?
5. Describe Severo's dream and what he sees is the moral in it.
6. What does Palinor think about as far as writings of St. Augustine?
7. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
8. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
9. Why are the nuns upset and what does Pare Aldonza say and then suggest?
10. What does Severo say to Fra Murta to explain his behavior concerning Palinor? How does the Fra feel about it?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)