|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
(a) Wear a black hood.
(b) Take communion.
(c) Go to his knees.
(d) Straddle a large log with his hands bound.
2. Why does Amara keep climbing?
(a) She is not tired.
(b) Sh is meeting someone.
(c) She lost her spoor.
(d) She lost her way.
3. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That he has found her mother.
(b) That someone told her about God.
(c) That she can be freed.
(d) That she is not to leave the abbey.
4. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(b) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
(c) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
(d) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
5. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She had too much depth to be understood.
(b) She was too smart for him.
(c) She didn't understand the questions.
(d) She was playing dumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amara begin climbing the mountain?
2. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
3. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
4. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
5. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamie do when he comes for Amara and what does he do with her?
2. What does Palinor think about as far as writings of St. Augustine?
3. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
4. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
5. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
6. What does Palinor see as he rides into Ciudad?
7. What does Fra Murta tell Severo about Aclar?
8. Why are the nuns upset and what does Pare Aldonza say and then suggest?
9. What does Amara do after Jamie leaves her?
10. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)