|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
(a) They quit feeding Amara meat.
(b) They teach Amara more language.
(c) They kill Amara.
(d) They cast Amara out.
2. Why does Jamie's mother suggest it was a whore who birthed Amara?
(a) That all whores do that.
(b) She would get in trouble for unmarried sex.
(c) She would have not husband to help her.
(d) She would be too ashamed to leave the baby at the church.
3. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) Her brothers miss her.
(b) Margalida has died.
(c) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
(d) He has a husband for her.
4. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
(a) She has told Amara about God.
(b) She has had an affair.
(c) She has eaten meat.
(d) She is ill.
5. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
(a) Deeper and darker.
(b) The cell in the basement.
(c) The top floor cell.
(d) One with a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo ask Rafal to do?
2. How does Galceran show he may have exposed Amara to God?
3. Where will Jamie take Amara?
4. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
5. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Beneditx?
2. Why is Severo looking on a map of the world?
3. What do the servants at Saracen's house demand of Fra Murta?
4. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
5. What does Rafal tell Severo and what does Severo do?
6. What do the nuns believe about Amara and what do they do about it?
7. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
8. Why doesn't the abbess care about Amara?
9. What does Beneditx say to Palinor about his new knowledge of nonbelievers? What does Palinor say to him?
10. What does Jamie find out when he asks around about abandoned babies?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)