|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
(a) To Severo's church.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Ciudad.
(d) To the mountains.
2. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
(a) She was born to a whore.
(b) She wasn't born on the island.
(c) Her mother died when she was born.
(d) She was a twin.
3. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
(a) He has accepted that she knows nothing of God.
(b) Fra Murta has rejected Amara's answers.
(c) He appreciates her childish wisdom.
(d) He wants to learn more from her.
4. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He tells him God will take care of him.
(b) He tells him his confession was false.
(c) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
(d) He refuses to speak.
5. What do Severo and Fra Murta find out about Amara's knowledge of God?
(a) It is deeply buried.
(b) It is wise and profound.
(c) It is simple faith, like a child.
(d) It does not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo tell Fra Murta is the reason he didn't follow procedure with Palinor?
2. Who is the only person who ends up escaping all the consequences of Palinor's death?
3. Why does Severo give Palinor to Fra Murta?
4. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
5. What vow does Josefa break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
2. Describe Severo's night the night before Palinor is burned.
3. What does Jamie find out about Amara's birth mother?
4. What does Beneditx say to Palinor about his new knowledge of nonbelievers? What does Palinor say to him?
5. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
6. What do the nuns believe about Amara and what do they do about it?
7. What does Palinor see as he rides into Ciudad?
8. Why does Severo say the experiment with Amara is void?
9. What does Amara do after Jamie leaves her?
10. What does Fra Murta ask Amara and how does she respond?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)