|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
(a) It will prove useless.
(b) It will condemn heresy.
(c) It will not support the church.
(d) It will confirm God's existence.
2. What did Dolca spend the money from Severo on?
(a) A good last meal for Palinor.
(b) A substance that emits a lethal fume when burned.
(c) A small house on the coast.
(d) A fine robe for Palinor to wear while he died.
3. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He can't stand his company.
(b) He has a mild distaste towards him.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He believes he is a saint.
4. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
(a) Sent Joffre to the docks with a message for Aclar.
(b) Had sex with Dolca and Joffre.
(c) Talked with Beneditx.
(d) Mentioned the name of God to Fra Murta.
5. What does Severo do about Beneditx?
(a) Has him arrested for heresy.
(b) Has him try again with Palinor.
(c) Sends him to Rome.
(d) Sends him back to Galilea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Severo insist that Palinor has not sinned?
2. Why does Severo examine the map?
3. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
4. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
5. Why does Jamie's mother suggest it was a whore who birthed Amara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
2. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
3. What does Severo say to Fra Murta to explain his behavior concerning Palinor? How does the Fra feel about it?
4. What does Rafal tell Severo and what does Severo do?
5. Why does Severo say the experiment with Amara is void?
6. What does Eseranca say about Palinor?
7. Why is Severo looking on a map of the world?
8. What do the servants at Saracen's house demand of Fra Murta?
9. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
10. Why is Josefa pleased with the way Amara is thinking?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)