|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
(a) That he is leaving for England.
(b) That Palinor has convinced him.
(c) That he has finished his task.
(d) That Palinor now believes in God.
2. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She was playing dumb.
(b) She didn't understand the questions.
(c) She was too smart for him.
(d) She had too much depth to be understood.
3. Who did the Christian encounter in Severo's dream?
(a) A Saracen prince.
(b) St. Augustine.
(c) An angel with a flaming sword.
(d) Fra Murta.
4. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He beat one of the guards.
(b) He refuses to confess.
(c) He has confessed his heresy.
(d) He has people coming to rescue him.
5. What does Beneditx tell Palinor about his idea of nonbelievers?
(a) That they are criminals.
(b) That Palinor has changed his mind about them.
(c) That Palinor is the only one he has known.
(d) That there are no nonbelievers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in Ciudad do when Palinor arrives?
2. What does Severo suggest to Palinor?
3. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
4. What religion is the land of Aclar?
5. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amara do after Jamie leaves her?
2. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
3. What do the nuns believe about Amara and what do they do about it?
4. Why does Severo say the experiment with Amara is void?
5. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
6. Why are the nuns upset and what does Pare Aldonza say and then suggest?
7. What does Eseranca say about Palinor?
8. What does Beneditx say to Palinor about his new knowledge of nonbelievers? What does Palinor say to him?
9. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
10. What does Fra Murta tell Severo about Aclar?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)