|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
(b) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
(c) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
(d) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
2. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He relishes it.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He believes it is not necessary.
3. What does Severo tell Fra Murta is the reason he didn't follow procedure with Palinor?
(a) He likes Palinor too much.
(b) He wants Beneditx to have practice on Palinor.
(c) He didn't explain his actions.
(d) He's performing an experiment.
4. Why does Amara keep climbing?
(a) She lost her way.
(b) She lost her spoor.
(c) Sh is meeting someone.
(d) She is not tired.
5. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
(a) To keep the nuns busy.
(b) To condemn Palinor.
(c) To entrap God.
(d) To farther his own status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
2. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
3. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
4. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
5. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
2. Why does Severo say the experiment with Amara is void?
3. What does Palinor see as he rides into Ciudad?
4. Why doesn't the abbess care about Amara?
5. Why are the nuns upset and what does Pare Aldonza say and then suggest?
6. Describe Severo's night the night before Palinor is burned.
7. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
8. What does Jamie do when he comes for Amara and what does he do with her?
9. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
10. What do the nuns believe about Amara and what do they do about it?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)