|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
(a) He shouldn't have prayed in front of her.
(b) He shouldn't curse in God's name.
(c) The experiment is void.
(d) He should be brought in for questioning.
2. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That someone told her about God.
(b) That she is not to leave the abbey.
(c) That she can be freed.
(d) That he has found her mother.
3. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(b) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
(c) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
(d) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
4. Why do the nuns decide to investigate Amara?
(a) To see if her parents are still alive.
(b) To please Fra Murta.
(c) To find out how she ended up with wolves.
(d) To find out is she knew about God before.
5. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
(a) From Saracen's House.
(b) From Ciudad.
(c) From the mountains.
(d) From the convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo wish he could do?
2. What does Amara ask Josefa that shows she's thinking about more than what's in front of her?
3. Where will Jamie take Amara?
4. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
5. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
2. Describe Severo's dream and what he sees is the moral in it.
3. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta and why?
4. What does Beneditx say to Palinor about his new knowledge of nonbelievers? What does Palinor say to him?
5. What does Palinor think about as far as writings of St. Augustine?
6. What does Severo say to Fra Murta to explain his behavior concerning Palinor? How does the Fra feel about it?
7. What does Jamie do when he comes for Amara and what does he do with her?
8. What does Jamie find out about Amara's birth mother?
9. Why does Severo turn Palinor over to Fra Murta?
10. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)