|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She had too much depth to be understood.
(b) She was too smart for him.
(c) She was playing dumb.
(d) She didn't understand the questions.
2. Why does Fra Murta have a blacksmith with him when he visits Palinor?
(a) To fit him with a neck iron.
(b) To make him ankle manacles.
(c) To chain his hands together.
(d) To cut off his manacles.
3. What does Fra Murta ask Palinor three days after he is confined?
(a) If he is a king.
(b) If he believes in God.
(c) If he is a Jew.
(d) If he is a Christian.
4. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
(a) One with a window.
(b) Deeper and darker.
(c) The cell in the basement.
(d) The top floor cell.
5. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
(a) To Severo's church.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To Ciudad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Galceran show he may have exposed Amara to God?
2. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
3. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
4. Why does Severo give Palinor to Fra Murta?
5. Why does Amara begin climbing the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Severo and Fra Murta question Amara for the second time?
2. Why doesn't the abbess care about Amara?
3. What does Amara do after Jamie leaves her?
4. Describe Severo's night the night before Palinor is burned.
5. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
6. What do the servants at Saracen's house demand of Fra Murta?
7. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
8. What does Palinor see as he rides into Ciudad?
9. How does Fra Murta finally get Palinor?
10. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta and why?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)