|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
(a) She can sweep the floor; that's about it.
(b) She kneads bread, feeds the farm animals, and cards wool.
(c) She can knead bread, feed the farm animals, and card wool, sew and cook.
(d) Nothing yet.
2. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To kill Amara.
(b) To kill the rapists.
(c) To take Amara to his home.
(d) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
3. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
(a) Tells Severo that Palinor is a hopeless case.
(b) Reads from the gospel of Mark
(c) Gets a little drunk.
(d) Tries another proof on Palinor.
4. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(b) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(c) Upright on straightened legs.
(d) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
5. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
(a) To love her.
(b) To pray near her all the time.
(c) To let her run wild.
(d) To keep her imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
2. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
3. What is Beneditx doing?
4. Where are they going to send Palinor?
5. What happens when Josefa is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
2. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
3. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about the need to explain everything?
4. What does Severo think about as he falls asleep the first night of visiting Palinor and Beneditx?
5. How does Amara get away from the convent?
6. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
7. Where is Palinor staying in Cuidad and what does Beneditx do about Palinor?
8. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
9. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
10. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)