|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
(a) Imagine God in Palinor's mind.
(b) Imagine an angel.
(c) Lie to be able to leave the island.
(d) Confess his sins.
2. Who approaches Josefa and Amara?
(a) A woman who says Amara is her child.
(b) Another nun.
(d) A man with scars on his face.
3. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is eager to please now.
(b) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(c) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
(d) She is growing into her head.
4. What happens to Amara?
(a) She becomes very ill.
(b) She escapes again.
(c) She dies.
(d) She begins speaking in sentences.
5. What happens when Josefa is ill?
(a) Amara reverts to her old ways.
(b) Amara cries in the corner.
(c) Amara asks about her.
(d) Amara hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor ask?
2. Where does Severo send Palinor?
3. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
4. Who does Palinor say he is?
5. How is the reversal of roles succeeding between Beneditx and Palinor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
2. What does Severo think about as he falls asleep the first night of visiting Palinor and Beneditx?
3. What did Joffre ask Palinor and what was his reply?
4. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
5. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
6. What happens when Dolca comes into Palinor's room on an errand?
7. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
8. What does Joffre tell Palinor about Dolca?
9. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
10. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)