|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(a) Help him in the garden.
(b) Read to him.
(d) Write a letter to his wife.
2. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara is curious about God.
(b) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
(c) That Amara remembers the past.
(d) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
3. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(b) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(c) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
(d) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
4. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
(a) Something is stealing the sheep.
(b) An angel spoke to him.
(c) He is getting married that day.
(d) He needs to go to the village and wants someone to watch the sheep.
5. What do Severo and Beneditx debate?
(a) Why God created them.
(b) How many angels can sit on the head of a pin.
(c) Whether the wolf child deserves baptism.
(d) The issue of Palinor's lack of belief in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
2. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
3. What does Palinor have at home?
4. What is Beneditx doing?
5. Why does Severo decide to visit Saracen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
2. What did Joffre ask Palinor and what was his reply?
3. What does Severo tell the nuns about Amara's suffering?
4. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
5. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
6. Why is Beneditx angry and what does he remember about his mother's anger?
7. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
8. How does Amara get away from the convent?
9. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
10. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)