|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
(a) She is very strong and can hurt people.
(b) She only eats raw meat and the nuns do not eat meat.
(c) She is female.
(d) She is turns out to be male.
2. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
3. How many words can Amara speak?
(a) Almost a dozen.
(d) A couple dozen.
4. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(b) If she can be free.
(c) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
(d) If there is a God.
5. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) Back to the fishing village.
(b) To Rome.
(c) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
(d) To his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gillem offer to do?
2. Who is to stay with Palinor?
3. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
4. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
5. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
2. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
3. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
4. What does Severo tell the nuns about Amara's suffering?
5. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
6. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
7. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
8. Why is Beneditx angry and what does he remember about his mother's anger?
9. For what is Beneditx noted?
10. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)