|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Josefa is ill?
(a) Amara asks about her.
(b) Amara hides.
(c) Amara reverts to her old ways.
(d) Amara cries in the corner.
2. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(b) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
3. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
(a) She is turns out to be male.
(b) She is female.
(c) She is very strong and can hurt people.
(d) She only eats raw meat and the nuns do not eat meat.
4. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She screams curses at them.
(b) She drops to all fours and howls.
(c) She cries.
(d) She pretends to be possessed.
5. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
(a) 1450 in Catalina.
(b) 1100 in Tasmania.
(c) 1450 in Mallorca.
(d) 1500 in Atlantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
2. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
3. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
4. What does Amara ask Josefa?
5. Who sends a priest for the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joffre tell Palinor about Dolca?
2. How does Amara get away from the convent?
3. What does Josefa do to help Amara's recovery?
4. What does Severo think about as he falls asleep the first night of visiting Palinor and Beneditx?
5. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
6. What does Severo tell the nuns about Amara's suffering?
7. Who is waiting for Severo when he returns home?
8. Why is Beneditx angry and what does he remember about his mother's anger?
9. What did Joffre ask Palinor and what was his reply?
10. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)