|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor do?
(a) Apologizes to Joffre.
(b) Leaves Joffre and Dolca alone in Palinor's bed.
(c) Hits Joffre.
(d) Has Joffre and Dolca in bed with him having sex.
2. Where are they going to send Palinor?
(a) To the Praefect.
(b) Back to his country.
(c) To the gallows.
(d) To the Cuidad.
3. What does Amara do with the salt water on her body?
(a) Breaks out.
(b) Licks it.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Wipes it off.
4. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
(a) To ask if anyone might know who her parents are.
(b) For the nuns to care for her and teach her.
(c) So the Mother Superior can give him advise.
(d) So she can be allowed to die with dignity.
5. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) About his wife's illness.
(b) About Amara's history.
(c) That he leave.
(d) That he come visit regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josefa realize about God?
2. Why is Beneditx angry?
3. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
4. What does Palinor have at home?
5. What does Jaime question?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Severo respond to Jamie's story?
2. For what is Beneditx noted?
3. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
4. When a man comes up to Amara and Josefa as they cut nettles what does he tell them?
5. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
6. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
7. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
8. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
9. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
10. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)