|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
(a) If life is worth living as an atheist.
(b) Why he doesn't just lie and say he is a Christian.
(c) If there is such a thing as sin.
(d) Why he was interested in both Joffre and Dolca.
2. From where is Palinor?
3. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
(a) Baptize her.
(b) Give her to Palinor to take with him because they have the means of helping her in his homeland.
(c) Mercifully kill her.
(d) He has not yet decided.
4. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
(a) Gets a little drunk.
(b) Reads from the gospel of Mark
(c) Tells Severo that Palinor is a hopeless case.
(d) Tries another proof on Palinor.
5. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(a) Write a letter to his wife.
(b) Help him in the garden.
(c) Read to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to stay with Palinor?
2. Where are they going to send Palinor?
3. What stimulates Severo?
4. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
5. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
2. How does Severo respond to Jamie's story?
3. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
4. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
5. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
6. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
7. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
8. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about the need to explain everything?
9. What does Severo tell the nuns about Amara's suffering?
10. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)