|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
(b) A new fountain.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A group of shepherds.
2. What does Joffre reveal to Palinor?
(a) That Dolca loves Palinor.
(b) That Dolca was once raped and will not have sex since.
(c) That Dolca is actually his sweetheart, not his sister.
(d) That Joffre is attracted to Palinor.
3. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
(a) She only eats raw meat and the nuns do not eat meat.
(b) She is turns out to be male.
(c) She is female.
(d) She is very strong and can hurt people.
4. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That there are no absolutes.
(b) That nothing is the only absolute.
(c) That absolutes only exist in science.
(d) That science is the only absolute.
5. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(b) Someone swimming towards shore.
(c) A beached whale.
(d) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that they find in a cave?
2. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
3. Where does Amara go?
4. What happens when Josefa is ill?
5. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
2. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
3. What happens when Dolca comes into Palinor's room on an errand?
4. What does Severo tell the nuns about Amara's suffering?
5. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
6. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
7. How does Severo respond to Jamie's story?
8. When a man comes up to Amara and Josefa as they cut nettles what does he tell them?
9. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
10. What does Severo think about as he falls asleep the first night of visiting Palinor and Beneditx?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)