|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amara do with the salt water on her body?
(a) Breaks out.
(b) Wipes it off.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Licks it.
2. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
(b) They drug her with poppy seed water.
(c) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(d) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
3. Who takes in Josefa?
(a) The nunnery at Sant Clara.
(b) Josefa's older sister.
(c) A tailor to be his wife.
(d) The local school system who need a new teacher.
4. Why is Dolca afraid?
(a) She is not afraid.
(b) She is afraid she will get in trouble for writing Palinor's wife.
(c) She does not usually read in front of anyone.
(d) She is a virgin.
5. What is it that they find in a cave?
(a) A wild child.
(b) A lion and cubs.
(c) A rabid wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
2. Why is Beneditx angry?
3. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
4. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
5. What does Palinor do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
2. How does Severo respond to Jamie's story?
3. For what is Beneditx noted?
4. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
5. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
6. Where is Palinor staying in Cuidad and what does Beneditx do about Palinor?
7. What does Joffre tell Palinor about Dolca?
8. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
9. How does Amara get away from the convent?
10. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)