|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) An elderly nun named Maria.
(b) The mother superior.
(d) The nuns rotate turns.
2. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
3. Who takes in Josefa?
(a) The nunnery at Sant Clara.
(b) The local school system who need a new teacher.
(c) Josefa's older sister.
(d) A tailor to be his wife.
4. What do Palinor's hands look like?
(a) A working man.
(b) A swordfighter.
(c) Those of a prince.
(d) A woman.
5. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
(b) If there is a God.
(c) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(d) If she can be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
2. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
3. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
4. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
5. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
2. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
3. Describe Severo's dream and what he sees is the moral in it.
4. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
5. What does Josefa do to help Amara's recovery?
6. What does Eseranca say about Palinor?
7. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
8. Summarize the discussion between Severo and Fra Murta about conscience and Palinor.
9. What does Severo think about as he falls asleep the first night of visiting Palinor and Beneditx?
10. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)