|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To prison again.
(c) To Constantinople.
(d) To Severo.
2. What seems to be helping Amara?
(a) Having a dog as a companion.
(d) An addictive elixir.
3. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is eager to please now.
(b) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(c) She is growing into her head.
(d) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
4. Where does Amara go?
(a) Out into the woods.
(b) To the top of the bell tower.
(c) To the sanctuary.
(d) To the cellar.
5. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
(b) The idea of Palinor being an angel.
(c) The wolf child speaks.
(d) The mother nursing her newborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes in Josefa?
2. What does Josefa realize about God?
3. Why does Severo decide to visit Saracen?
4. What happens to Amara?
5. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the nuns upset and what does Pare Aldonza say and then suggest?
2. What happens when Palinor is tortured?
3. What does Jamie find out when he asks around about abandoned babies?
4. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
5. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
6. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
7. What does Sor Agnete realize about the crucifix in the chapel?
8. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
9. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
10. Describe Severo's night the night before Palinor is burned.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)