|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
(a) So the Mother Superior can give him advise.
(b) For the nuns to care for her and teach her.
(c) So she can be allowed to die with dignity.
(d) To ask if anyone might know who her parents are.
2. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) The sky.
(b) A mountain.
(c) Many rivers.
(d) The ocean.
3. What happens to Amara?
(a) She escapes again.
(b) She begins speaking in sentences.
(c) She dies.
(d) She becomes very ill.
4. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(b) If there is a God.
(c) If she can be free.
(d) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
5. Where does Amara go?
(a) To the top of the bell tower.
(b) Out into the woods.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) To the sanctuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
2. Why has Jaime come to Sant Clara?
3. Who ends up caring for Amara?
4. How many words can Amara speak?
5. What are the men doing at the snow house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Palinor staying in Cuidad and what does Beneditx do about Palinor?
2. What happens when Dolca comes into Palinor's room on an errand?
3. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
4. What does Josefa do to help Amara's recovery?
5. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
6. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
7. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
8. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
9. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
10. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)