|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
(a) The story of the blind man.
(b) The five proofs of St. Thomas.
(c) The three points of St. Augustine.
(d) The story of Beneditx's own conversion.
2. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) A donkey and cart.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) Two letters of recommendation.
(d) Enough gold to buy three fields.
3. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) He is not worried.
(b) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(c) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
(d) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
4. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(b) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
(c) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
(d) They drug her with poppy seed water.
5. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She screams curses at them.
(b) She cries.
(c) She drops to all fours and howls.
(d) She pretends to be possessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes in Josefa?
2. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
3. Why is Jaime worried?
4. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
5. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amara get away from the convent?
2. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
3. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
4. What happened to Amara that put her into her present condition when brought back to the Abbey?
5. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
6. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
7. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
8. What does Josefa do to help Amara's recovery?
9. For what is Beneditx noted?
10. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)