|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is eager to please now.
(b) She is growing into her head.
(c) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(d) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
2. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) A new fountain.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A group of shepherds.
(d) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
3. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
(a) No one.
(b) Some hunters.
(c) A wild cave man.
(d) Some shepherds.
4. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That absolutes only exist in science.
(b) That there are no absolutes.
(c) That nothing is the only absolute.
(d) That science is the only absolute.
5. What seems to be helping Amara?
(a) An addictive elixir.
(d) Having a dog as a companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
2. What does Palinor ask to do?
3. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
4. What is Beneditx doing?
5. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amara get away from the convent?
2. What does Severo tell the nuns about Amara's suffering?
3. How is Amara doing now and what does she gain by it?
4. Who is waiting for Severo when he returns home?
5. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
6. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
7. For what is Beneditx noted?
8. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
9. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
10. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)