|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Palinor?
2. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
(a) About a reward she is expecting from Palinor.
(b) About her son's tendency to wander for days without working.
(c) About her desire to learn to read and write.
(d) About her fixing some clothing for the village idiot.
3. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She says a blessing before eating.
(b) She loves massages.
(c) She still howls at the moon.
(d) She hates to be touched.
4. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That there are no absolutes.
(b) That nothing is the only absolute.
(c) That absolutes only exist in science.
(d) That science is the only absolute.
5. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A beached whale.
(b) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(c) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(d) Someone swimming towards shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stimulates Severo?
2. Who diagnoses Amara?
3. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
4. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
5. What seems to be helping Amara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
2. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
3. How does Amara get away from the convent?
4. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
5. Who is waiting for Severo when he returns home?
6. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
7. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
8. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
9. Where is Palinor staying in Cuidad and what does Beneditx do about Palinor?
10. How does Severo respond to Jamie's story?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)