|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A mountain.
(c) The sky.
(d) Many rivers.
2. Who sends a priest for the child?
3. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
(a) Teach her to write.
(b) Teach her to sing.
(c) Teach her to read.
(d) Take her to the seashore to collect mussels.
4. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(b) Help him in the garden.
(c) Read to him.
(d) Write a letter to his wife.
5. How many words can Amara speak?
(b) A couple dozen.
(c) Almost a dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
2. Why is Beneditx angry?
3. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
4. Who takes in Josefa?
5. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
2. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
3. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
4. What happened to Amara that put her into her present condition when brought back to the Abbey?
5. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
6. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
7. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
8. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
9. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
10. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)