|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amara go?
(a) Out into the woods.
(b) To the cellar.
(c) To the sanctuary.
(d) To the top of the bell tower.
2. What toy has Jaime brought Amara?
(a) A doll.
(b) A drum.
(c) A top.
(d) A toy wagon.
3. Who is to stay with Palinor?
(a) No one.
4. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
(a) Reads from the gospel of Mark
(b) Tries another proof on Palinor.
(c) Gets a little drunk.
(d) Tells Severo that Palinor is a hopeless case.
5. What are the men doing at the snow house?
(a) Making snow blocks.
(b) Making wine.
(d) Melting the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
2. What does Palinor say truth is like?
3. What does Palinor need?
4. How many words can Amara speak?
5. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Severo looking on a map of the world?
2. How does Amara get away from the convent?
3. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
4. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
5. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf girl?
6. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
7. For what is Beneditx noted?
8. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
9. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about the need to explain everything?
10. What happened to Amara that put her into her present condition when brought back to the Abbey?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)