|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Palinor?
2. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
(a) The story of the blind man.
(b) The three points of St. Augustine.
(c) The five proofs of St. Thomas.
(d) The story of Beneditx's own conversion.
3. What is it that they find in a cave?
(b) A rabid wolf.
(c) A lion and cubs.
(d) A wild child.
4. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her stepdaughter.
(c) Her servants.
(d) Her children.
5. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She cries.
(b) She screams curses at them.
(c) She drops to all fours and howls.
(d) She pretends to be possessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to stay with Palinor?
2. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
3. Why is Beneditx worried?
4. What does Palinor do?
5. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
2. What did Joffre ask Palinor and what was his reply?
3. What does Severo think about as he falls asleep the first night of visiting Palinor and Beneditx?
4. What does Joffre tell Palinor about Dolca?
5. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
6. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
7. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about the need to explain everything?
8. For what is Beneditx noted?
9. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
10. Who is waiting for Severo when he returns home?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)