|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She pretends to be possessed.
(b) She cries.
(c) She drops to all fours and howls.
(d) She screams curses at them.
2. Who takes in Josefa?
(a) A tailor to be his wife.
(b) The local school system who need a new teacher.
(c) Josefa's older sister.
(d) The nunnery at Sant Clara.
3. What does Palinor ask to do?
(a) Work in the garden.
(c) Go home if he says he believes in God.
(d) Redesign the house.
4. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That Josefa needs a husband.
(b) That Josefa is pregnant.
(c) That Josefa has been insolent.
(d) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
5. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
(a) Who God really is.
(b) Who he is.
(c) Why Palinor is there.
(d) Why Beneditx has not been successful with Palinor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
2. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
3. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
4. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
5. What seems to be helping Amara?
Short Essay Questions
1. When a man comes up to Amara and Josefa as they cut nettles what does he tell them?
2. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
3. Why is Beneditx angry and what does he remember about his mother's anger?
4. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about the need to explain everything?
5. Who is waiting for Severo when he returns home?
6. What does Joffre tell Palinor about Dolca?
7. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
8. What do the nuns decide to do with Amara first and how do they do it?
9. How does Amara get away from the convent?
10. For what is Beneditx noted?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)