|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
2. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She cries.
(b) She drops to all fours and howls.
(c) She pretends to be possessed.
(d) She screams curses at them.
3. Why is Beneditx angry?
(a) That Palinor laughs at him.
(b) That Palinor refuses to convert.
(c) That his intellectual pride has been so great and yet his mind has been useless.
(d) That Severo is removing Beneditx from Palinor's presence.
4. What do the group who come to the convent want?
(a) To report they saw Josefa swimming naked.
(b) To bring the nuns some food.
(c) To ask the Mother Superior a question.
(d) To see the wolf child.
5. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright on straightened legs.
(b) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(c) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(d) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes in Josefa?
2. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
3. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
4. Why is Dolca afraid?
5. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
2. How does Sor Blancha realize Amara misses Josefa and what happens when she does?
3. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about the need to explain everything?
4. What do Severo and Beneditx debate about and what are each of their views?
5. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
6. What does Severo suggest to Beneditx?
7. What about Gaspar and his life does Severo think of while he is riding to see Palinor?
8. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
9. Why is Beneditx angry and what does he remember about his mother's anger?
10. For what is Beneditx noted?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)