|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) Two letters of recommendation.
(c) Enough gold to buy three fields.
(d) A donkey and cart.
2. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her stepdaughter.
(b) Her servants.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
3. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(b) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
4. Why is Jaime worried?
(a) He lied to a priest.
(b) He is not baptized.
(c) His sheep are still missing.
(d) He is afraid the wild child will not be baptized.
5. What is Beneditx doing?
(a) Baptizing animals.
(b) Making holy water.
(c) Praying 24 hours a day.
(d) Writing a treatise on angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
2. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
3. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
4. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
5. What stimulates Severo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amara get away from the convent?
2. What is the creature, the nervados, tracked doing when they see it and what happens in the first few minutes?
3. What does Josefa do to help Amara's recovery?
4. What happened to Amara that put her into her present condition when brought back to the Abbey?
5. What does Palinor tell Beneditx about his view of the truth?
6. Where does Palinor travel to find help and what does the prefect observe about him?
7. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
8. What happens when Dolca comes into Palinor's room on an errand?
9. Who is waiting for Severo when he returns home?
10. How does the author ask the reader to think about the island? What would those thoughts reveal?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)