|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To swim away to another island.
(b) To settle in the Cuidad.
(c) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
(d) To convert to Christianity.
2. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
(b) Jump rope.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Play with jarts.
3. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright on straightened legs.
(b) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
(c) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(d) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
4. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
(a) The way the wind can be felt but not seen.
(b) What people can see, taste, touch, and smell.
(c) There is no proof of what is.
(d) The way flowers grow.
5. Who does Palinor say he is?
(a) A king in his own country.
(b) A physician.
(c) A prince in his own country.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Josefa is ill?
2. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
3. What is Beneditx doing?
4. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
5. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joffre ask Palinor and what was his reply?
2. What does Josefa observe about Amara especially when thinking about her younger brothers?
3. What does Palinor say about men who break the law?
4. What happens when Dolca comes into Palinor's room on an errand?
5. When a man comes up to Amara and Josefa as they cut nettles what does he tell them?
6. How does Amara get away from the convent?
7. For what is Beneditx noted?
8. Why is Beneditx angry and what does he remember about his mother's anger?
9. Who rescues Palinor and how did they do it?
10. Why don't Margalida and Josefa get along?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)