|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Severo and Fra Murta find out about Amara's knowledge of God?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is wise and profound.
(c) It is simple faith, like a child.
(d) It is deeply buried.
2. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
(a) From the mountains.
(b) From the convent.
(c) From Saracen's House.
(d) From Ciudad.
3. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He believes it is not necessary.
(c) He relishes it.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
4. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
(a) He should be brought in for questioning.
(b) The experiment is void.
(c) He shouldn't curse in God's name.
(d) He shouldn't have prayed in front of her.
5. Who is the only person who ends up escaping all the consequences of Palinor's death?
(a) Fra Murta.
6. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
(a) The fire in the tavern.
(b) The fire in the next world.
(c) The fire that kills Palinor.
(d) The fire at the blacksmith's.
7. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
(a) God will answer his prayers.
(b) God is busy.
(c) God cannot hear him.
(d) God does not exist.
8. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Severo's church.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To Ciudad.
9. Why is Severo allowed into Palinor's cell?
(a) He was sent by Fra Murta.
(b) He knows the jailer.
(c) He said he was sent by God.
(d) He showed his ordination ring.
10. What does Amara say about the chapel?
(a) It is too stuffy.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is a bad place.
(d) It is peaceful.
11. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He tells him God will take care of him.
(b) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
(c) He tells him his confession was false.
(d) He refuses to speak.
12. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That she can be freed.
(b) That she is not to leave the abbey.
(c) That he has found her mother.
(d) That someone told her about God.
13. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
(a) They cast Amara out.
(b) They quit feeding Amara meat.
(c) They kill Amara.
(d) They teach Amara more language.
14. Where does Jamie go to search for Amara's mother?
(a) To the coast.
(b) High in the mountains.
(c) Inside all the brothels.
(d) To the waterfalls.
15. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
(a) Had sex with Dolca and Joffre.
(b) Talked with Beneditx.
(c) Mentioned the name of God to Fra Murta.
(d) Sent Joffre to the docks with a message for Aclar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
2. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
3. What does Severo wish he could do?
4. What does Amara ask Josefa that shows she's thinking about more than what's in front of her?
5. What does Severo ask Rafal to do?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)