|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) It is a necessary evil.
(b) It is a grace for the church.
(c) It is never a good thing.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
2. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To try and find Aclar.
(b) To decide where he is going to go.
(c) To see where Amara came from.
(d) To send Beneditx far away.
3. What did Dolca spend the money from Severo on?
(a) A substance that emits a lethal fume when burned.
(b) A good last meal for Palinor.
(c) A fine robe for Palinor to wear while he died.
(d) A small house on the coast.
4. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He beat one of the guards.
(b) He refuses to confess.
(c) He has people coming to rescue him.
(d) He has confessed his heresy.
5. Who does Amara say created her?
(a) She doesn't know.
(c) Her mother and father.
6. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That he has found her mother.
(b) That someone told her about God.
(c) That she is not to leave the abbey.
(d) That she can be freed.
7. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not telling Amara about God.
(b) Obeying her father.
(c) Not having a lover.
(d) Not eating meat.
8. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(a) Resting in a hammock.
(b) Having sex with Dolca.
(d) Eating dinner.
9. What has Palinor the most afraid?
(a) Dying in fire.
(b) Not believing in God.
(c) Being decapitated.
(d) Not paying his debts.
10. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
(a) She was a twin.
(b) She was born to a whore.
(c) Her mother died when she was born.
(d) She wasn't born on the island.
11. Where does Jamie stay when he comes to take Amara?
(a) Saracen's house.
(b) With Beneditx.
(d) Saint Jeronimo.
12. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
(a) Mentioned the name of God to Fra Murta.
(b) Sent Joffre to the docks with a message for Aclar.
(c) Talked with Beneditx.
(d) Had sex with Dolca and Joffre.
13. Why do the nuns decide to investigate Amara?
(a) To please Fra Murta.
(b) To find out how she ended up with wolves.
(c) To see if her parents are still alive.
(d) To find out is she knew about God before.
14. Why is Esperanca confused about Palinor?
(a) That he is in prison.
(b) That he is not a king.
(c) That he did not go home.
(d) That he has given her gold and diamonds.
15. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why she thinks God exist.
(b) Why she has to eat vegetables.
(c) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
(d) Why Josefa takes care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
2. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
3. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
4. What do the servants where Palinor is staying demand of Fra Murta?
5. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)