|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
(a) From the mountains.
(b) From the convent.
(c) From Ciudad.
(d) From Saracen's House.
2. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) Black specks on the ocean.
(c) The pirates' cove.
(d) The abbey far below.
3. What does Amara say about the chapel?
(a) It is peaceful.
(b) It is too stuffy.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is a bad place.
4. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He has confessed his heresy.
(b) He has people coming to rescue him.
(c) He refuses to confess.
(d) He beat one of the guards.
5. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
(a) To get his manacles taken off.
(b) Discussing a machine to pump water.
(c) To have a sword made.
(d) To get his horse shod.
6. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He admires him.
(c) He doesn't like him.
(d) He's indiffernt to him.
7. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To see where Amara came from.
(b) To try and find Aclar.
(c) To decide where he is going to go.
(d) To send Beneditx far away.
8. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He relishes it.
(d) He believes it is not necessary.
9. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
(b) Margalida has died.
(c) Her brothers miss her.
(d) He has a husband for her.
10. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(a) Eating dinner.
(c) Resting in a hammock.
(d) Having sex with Dolca.
11. Where will Jamie take Amara?
(a) To his home.
(b) To Severo.
(c) To the mainland.
(d) To an ice house.
12. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
(b) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
(c) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
(d) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
13. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
(a) They kill Amara.
(b) They teach Amara more language.
(c) They cast Amara out.
(d) They quit feeding Amara meat.
14. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
(a) In a deep dungeon.
(b) In the church basement.
(c) In a cell with no windows.
(d) In the city jail.
15. Why does Severo send Rafal away?
(a) Severo wants to find Palinor's country.
(b) He cooks badly.
(c) Severo wants to be alone with his guilt.
(d) To find out who coached Amara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
2. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
3. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
4. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
5. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)