|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He has a mild distaste towards him.
(b) He can't stand his company.
(c) He believes he is a saint.
(d) He admires him.
2. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
(a) God will answer his prayers.
(b) God does not exist.
(c) God cannot hear him.
(d) God is busy.
3. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
(a) A shepherd.
(c) Jamie's brother.
(d) A brothel owner.
4. Why is Severo allowed into Palinor's cell?
(a) He was sent by Fra Murta.
(b) He knows the jailer.
(c) He showed his ordination ring.
(d) He said he was sent by God.
5. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
(a) The top floor cell.
(b) One with a window.
(c) Deeper and darker.
(d) The cell in the basement.
6. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(a) Having sex with Dolca.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Resting in a hammock.
7. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
(a) He appreciates her childish wisdom.
(b) Fra Murta has rejected Amara's answers.
(c) He has accepted that she knows nothing of God.
(d) He wants to learn more from her.
8. What does Palinor wonder about passionately religious people?
(a) Why he had to land among them.
(b) Why they never came to his country.
(c) Why they believe in God.
(d) Why they are murderous and cruel.
9. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will come for his body.
(b) They will torture Fra Murta.
(c) They will demand payment.
(d) They will have revenge.
10. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
(a) He should be brought in for questioning.
(b) He shouldn't curse in God's name.
(c) The experiment is void.
(d) He shouldn't have prayed in front of her.
11. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why she has to eat vegetables.
(b) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
(c) Why she thinks God exist.
(d) Why Josefa takes care of her.
12. What does Beneditx tell Palinor about his idea of nonbelievers?
(a) That there are no nonbelievers.
(b) That Palinor is the only one he has known.
(c) That they are criminals.
(d) That Palinor has changed his mind about them.
13. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
(a) To condemn Palinor.
(b) To keep the nuns busy.
(c) To farther his own status.
(d) To entrap God.
14. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not telling Amara about God.
(b) Not eating meat.
(c) Obeying her father.
(d) Not having a lover.
15. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
(a) In a deep dungeon.
(b) In the church basement.
(c) In a cell with no windows.
(d) In the city jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amara say about the chapel?
2. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
3. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
4. What does Rafal do to fulfill the task Severo gave him?
5. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)