|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo tell Fra Murta is the reason he didn't follow procedure with Palinor?
(a) He wants Beneditx to have practice on Palinor.
(b) He's performing an experiment.
(c) He likes Palinor too much.
(d) He didn't explain his actions.
2. What does Severo wish he could do?
(a) Go back in time and change his first decision.
(b) Stop believing in God.
(c) Kill Fra Murta.
(d) Save Palinor.
3. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He relishes it.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He believes it is not necessary.
4. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) It is never a good thing.
(b) It is a grace for the church.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) It is a necessary evil.
5. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
(a) He has accepted that she knows nothing of God.
(b) Fra Murta has rejected Amara's answers.
(c) He appreciates her childish wisdom.
(d) He wants to learn more from her.
6. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He has confessed his heresy.
(b) He refuses to confess.
(c) He beat one of the guards.
(d) He has people coming to rescue him.
7. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) It sounds dull.
(b) He is indiffernt.
(c) They are horrible.
(d) It sounds pretty.
8. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
(a) She was born to a whore.
(b) Her mother died when she was born.
(c) She was a twin.
(d) She wasn't born on the island.
9. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) People choose their own religion.
(b) There are no churches.
(c) It is Catholic.
(d) It is atheistic.
10. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
(a) The top floor cell.
(b) One with a window.
(c) Deeper and darker.
(d) The cell in the basement.
11. Who did the Christian encounter in Severo's dream?
(a) An angel with a flaming sword.
(b) A Saracen prince.
(c) Fra Murta.
(d) St. Augustine.
12. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not telling Amara about God.
(b) Obeying her father.
(c) Not having a lover.
(d) Not eating meat.
13. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
(a) That Palinor now believes in God.
(b) That Palinor has convinced him.
(c) That he has finished his task.
(d) That he is leaving for England.
14. What does Severo do about Beneditx?
(a) Has him arrested for heresy.
(b) Sends him to Rome.
(c) Has him try again with Palinor.
(d) Sends him back to Galilea.
15. What has Palinor the most afraid?
(a) Not paying his debts.
(b) Dying in fire.
(c) Not believing in God.
(d) Being decapitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
2. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
3. What did Dolca spend the money from Severo on?
4. What does Amara ask Josefa that shows she's thinking about more than what's in front of her?
5. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)