|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor wonder about passionately religious people?
(a) Why they believe in God.
(b) Why they never came to his country.
(c) Why he had to land among them.
(d) Why they are murderous and cruel.
2. What does Fra Murta believe about Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That he should burn for them.
(c) That he is lying.
(d) That he would like to visit.
3. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(a) Exact a terrible revenge.
(c) Retrieve his body.
(d) Ask for a payment in gold.
4. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
(a) He is ill and dying.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He wants to get married.
(d) He no longer believes in God.
5. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
(a) His honesty and integrity.
(b) The fact that he is from another country.
(c) Amara not knowing about God.
(d) Beneditx's long conversations with him.
6. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
(a) To entrap God.
(b) To keep the nuns busy.
(c) To farther his own status.
(d) To condemn Palinor.
7. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That could cost him his life.
(b) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
(c) That God just won't give him faith.
(d) That nothing is impossible.
8. What do Severo and Fra Murta find out about Amara's knowledge of God?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is deeply buried.
(c) It is wise and profound.
(d) It is simple faith, like a child.
9. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He tells him his confession was false.
(b) He tells him God will take care of him.
(c) He refuses to speak.
(d) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
10. Who does Amara say created her?
(a) Her mother and father.
(c) She doesn't know.
11. What do the servants where Palinor is staying demand of Fra Murta?
(a) That they leave Palinor alone.
(b) That they not beat Palinor.
(c) That they arrest all of them.
(d) That they bring Severo there.
12. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why she has to eat vegetables.
(b) Why Josefa takes care of her.
(c) Why she thinks God exist.
(d) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
13. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(a) Resting in a hammock.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Having sex with Dolca.
14. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He preaches from parish to parish.
(b) He writes a jounal.
(c) He reads and studies.
(d) He listens to Severo.
15. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He accuses her of being coached.
(c) He kills Fra Murta.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie go to search for Amara's mother?
2. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
3. Why does Amara keep climbing?
4. Where do many mothers leave their babies?
5. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)