|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Palinor the most afraid?
(a) Dying in fire.
(b) Not believing in God.
(c) Being decapitated.
(d) Not paying his debts.
2. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He relishes it.
(c) He believes it is not necessary.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
3. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(a) Exact a terrible revenge.
(b) Retrieve his body.
(c) Ask for a payment in gold.
4. Where will Jamie take Amara?
(a) To an ice house.
(b) To his home.
(c) To Severo.
(d) To the mainland.
5. What does Palinor wonder about passionately religious people?
(a) Why they never came to his country.
(b) Why they are murderous and cruel.
(c) Why they believe in God.
(d) Why he had to land among them.
6. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
(a) In the city jail.
(b) In a deep dungeon.
(c) In the church basement.
(d) In a cell with no windows.
7. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
(a) An ice-keeper.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A barmaid.
8. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That nothing is impossible.
(b) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
(c) That could cost him his life.
(d) That God just won't give him faith.
9. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
(a) She has told Amara about God.
(b) She has had an affair.
(c) She has eaten meat.
(d) She is ill.
10. Why does Amara begin climbing the mountain?
(a) To see the ocean.
(b) To find her sister's grave.
(c) To follow a wolf's spoor.
(d) To run from Jamie.
11. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
(a) He has accepted that she knows nothing of God.
(b) He wants to learn more from her.
(c) He appreciates her childish wisdom.
(d) Fra Murta has rejected Amara's answers.
12. What does Beneditx tell Palinor about his idea of nonbelievers?
(a) That Palinor is the only one he has known.
(b) That Palinor has changed his mind about them.
(c) That there are no nonbelievers.
(d) That they are criminals.
13. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To try and find Aclar.
(b) To decide where he is going to go.
(c) To send Beneditx far away.
(d) To see where Amara came from.
14. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He respects him.
(b) He doesn't like him.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He's indiffernt to him.
15. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
(a) God does not exist.
(b) God will answer his prayers.
(c) God cannot hear him.
(d) God is busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
2. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
3. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
4. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
5. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)