|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the nuns decide to investigate Amara?
(a) To find out is she knew about God before.
(b) To find out how she ended up with wolves.
(c) To see if her parents are still alive.
(d) To please Fra Murta.
2. What do the servants where Palinor is staying demand of Fra Murta?
(a) That they bring Severo there.
(b) That they not beat Palinor.
(c) That they leave Palinor alone.
(d) That they arrest all of them.
3. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He writes a jounal.
(b) He listens to Severo.
(c) He preaches from parish to parish.
(d) He reads and studies.
4. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
(b) Why Josefa takes care of her.
(c) Why she thinks God exist.
(d) Why she has to eat vegetables.
5. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(a) Retrieve his body.
(b) Ask for a payment in gold.
(d) Exact a terrible revenge.
6. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will come for his body.
(b) They will have revenge.
(c) They will demand payment.
(d) They will torture Fra Murta.
7. What haunts Beneditx?
(a) The torture of Palinor.
(b) Palinor's fate and not being able to save him.
(c) The possibility of a fleet coming for Palinor.
(d) Not believing in God.
8. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not eating meat.
(b) Not having a lover.
(c) Obeying her father.
(d) Not telling Amara about God.
9. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
(a) That he will leave the island.
(b) That he will understand people more.
(c) That he can be bribed.
(d) That he will be killed soon.
10. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
(a) From Saracen's House.
(b) From Ciudad.
(c) From the mountains.
(d) From the convent.
11. What has Palinor the most afraid?
(a) Being decapitated.
(b) Not paying his debts.
(c) Not believing in God.
(d) Dying in fire.
12. Where do many mothers leave their babies?
(a) At the doctors.
(b) At the tavern.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the hospital.
13. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) He is indiffernt.
(b) They are horrible.
(c) It sounds dull.
(d) It sounds pretty.
14. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He realizes he never really believed.
(b) He thinks the church murders people.
(c) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
(d) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
15. Where does Jamie go to search for Amara's mother?
(a) To the waterfalls.
(b) High in the mountains.
(c) To the coast.
(d) Inside all the brothels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is the land of Aclar?
2. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
3. What does Fra Murta say will make Palinor confess his sins?
4. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
5. Who did the Christian encounter in Severo's dream?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)