|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fra Murta say will make Palinor confess his sins?
(a) Being tortured.
(b) Reading St. Augustine's writings.
(c) Talking to the pope.
(d) Nothing will make him confess.
2. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
(a) In a deep dungeon.
(b) In the church basement.
(c) In the city jail.
(d) In a cell with no windows.
3. Why is Severo allowed into Palinor's cell?
(a) He said he was sent by God.
(b) He showed his ordination ring.
(c) He knows the jailer.
(d) He was sent by Fra Murta.
4. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He no longer believes in God.
(c) He wants to get married.
(d) He is ill and dying.
5. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She was playing dumb.
(b) She didn't understand the questions.
(c) She was too smart for him.
(d) She had too much depth to be understood.
6. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
(b) Her brothers miss her.
(c) He has a husband for her.
(d) Margalida has died.
7. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) Amara has run away.
(b) Josefa is returning home.
(c) Severo is shutting down the convent.
(d) For sheltering a murderess.
8. What does Fra Murta ask Palinor three days after he is confined?
(a) If he is a Christian.
(b) If he is a Jew.
(c) If he believes in God.
(d) If he is a king.
9. Where does Jamie stay when he comes to take Amara?
(b) With Beneditx.
(c) Saint Jeronimo.
(d) Saracen's house.
10. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He has confessed his heresy.
(b) He has people coming to rescue him.
(c) He beat one of the guards.
(d) He refuses to confess.
11. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) People choose their own religion.
(b) There are no churches.
(c) It is Catholic.
(d) It is atheistic.
12. Where do many mothers leave their babies?
(a) At the tavern.
(b) At the doctors.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the hospital.
13. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That could cost him his life.
(b) That God just won't give him faith.
(c) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
(d) That nothing is impossible.
14. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
(b) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(c) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
(d) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
15. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
(a) From the mountains.
(b) From the convent.
(c) From Saracen's House.
(d) From Ciudad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
2. What does Amara say about the chapel?
3. What does Rafal do to fulfill the task Severo gave him?
4. What does Severo wish he could do?
5. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)