|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
(a) Jamie's brother.
(b) A brothel owner.
(c) A shepherd.
2. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
(a) He wants to get married.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He no longer believes in God.
(d) He is ill and dying.
3. What does Fra Murta believe about Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That he is lying.
(c) That he should burn for them.
(d) That he would like to visit.
4. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
(a) Black specks on the ocean.
(b) The abbey far below.
(c) A pack of wolves.
(d) The pirates' cove.
5. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
(a) She has eaten meat.
(b) She has told Amara about God.
(c) She has had an affair.
(d) She is ill.
6. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She was too smart for him.
(b) She had too much depth to be understood.
(c) She didn't understand the questions.
(d) She was playing dumb.
7. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He listens to Severo.
(b) He writes a jounal.
(c) He reads and studies.
(d) He preaches from parish to parish.
8. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
(a) She wasn't born on the island.
(b) Her mother died when she was born.
(c) She was born to a whore.
(d) She was a twin.
9. What did Dolca spend the money from Severo on?
(a) A substance that emits a lethal fume when burned.
(b) A small house on the coast.
(c) A good last meal for Palinor.
(d) A fine robe for Palinor to wear while he died.
10. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
(a) He is bitter it happened.
(b) He should have swum the other way.
(c) He should have let himself drown.
(d) He will be more careful the next time.
11. What does Esperanca say why Palinor cannot be a heretic?
(a) He has promised her riches.
(b) He is too kind and gentle.
(c) He is from another country.
(d) He is a king.
12. Where does Jamie go to search for Amara's mother?
(a) Inside all the brothels.
(b) To the coast.
(c) To the waterfalls.
(d) High in the mountains.
13. Why do the nuns decide to investigate Amara?
(a) To see if her parents are still alive.
(b) To find out how she ended up with wolves.
(c) To find out is she knew about God before.
(d) To please Fra Murta.
14. What does Severo wish he could do?
(a) Save Palinor.
(b) Kill Fra Murta.
(c) Go back in time and change his first decision.
(d) Stop believing in God.
15. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) It is a necessary evil.
(b) It is a grace for the church.
(c) It is never a good thing.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
2. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
3. What does Severo suggest to Palinor?
4. What does Fra Murta say will make Palinor confess his sins?
5. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)