|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
(a) She has told Amara about God.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She has had an affair.
(d) She has eaten meat.
2. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
(a) It will confirm God's existence.
(b) It will prove useless.
(c) It will condemn heresy.
(d) It will not support the church.
3. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He relishes it.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He believes it is not necessary.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
4. What do Severo and Fra Murta find out about Amara's knowledge of God?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is wise and profound.
(c) It is simple faith, like a child.
(d) It is deeply buried.
5. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
(a) She killed her.
(b) She died the first day.
(c) She never knew her.
(d) She was still with the wolves.
6. Why does Amara keep climbing?
(a) She is not tired.
(b) She lost her way.
(c) Sh is meeting someone.
(d) She lost her spoor.
7. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is tired of it.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He loves it.
8. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) It is a necessary evil.
(c) It is never a good thing.
(d) It is a grace for the church.
9. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He doesn't like him.
(c) He's indiffernt to him.
(d) He respects him.
10. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(b) Having sex with Dolca.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Resting in a hammock.
11. Who does Amara say created her?
(a) Her mother and father.
(c) She doesn't know.
12. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
(a) He should be brought in for questioning.
(b) He shouldn't curse in God's name.
(c) He shouldn't have prayed in front of her.
(d) The experiment is void.
13. What does Severo ask Rafal to do?
(a) Cook dinner for a large crowd.
(b) Find out where Amara is.
(c) Watch Fra Murta at all times.
(d) Pray without ceasing.
14. What has Palinor the most afraid?
(a) Not paying his debts.
(b) Being decapitated.
(c) Not believing in God.
(d) Dying in fire.
15. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
(a) Take communion.
(b) Go to his knees.
(c) Wear a black hood.
(d) Straddle a large log with his hands bound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the nuns distressed?
2. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
3. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
4. What does Rafal do to fulfill the task Severo gave him?
5. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)