|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) Her brothers miss her.
(b) He has a husband for her.
(c) Margalida has died.
(d) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
2. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He tells him God will take care of him.
(b) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
(c) He refuses to speak.
(d) He tells him his confession was false.
3. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To decide where he is going to go.
(b) To see where Amara came from.
(c) To send Beneditx far away.
(d) To try and find Aclar.
4. What does Severo suggest to Palinor?
(a) That he has amnesia and can't remember his religion.
(b) That he kill Severo and escape.
(c) That he claim a visit by an angel.
(d) That he admits he believed in God at one time.
5. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
(a) The fire in the next world.
(b) The fire that kills Palinor.
(c) The fire in the tavern.
(d) The fire at the blacksmith's.
6. What does Fra Murta believe about Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) That he should burn for them.
(b) That he would like to visit.
(c) That he is lying.
(d) That it does not exist.
7. Why does Jamie's mother suggest it was a whore who birthed Amara?
(a) She would get in trouble for unmarried sex.
(b) She would be too ashamed to leave the baby at the church.
(c) She would have not husband to help her.
(d) That all whores do that.
8. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
(a) To farther his own status.
(b) To condemn Palinor.
(c) To keep the nuns busy.
(d) To entrap God.
9. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
(a) An ice-keeper.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A barmaid.
10. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He kills Fra Murta.
(c) He cries.
(d) He accuses her of being coached.
11. Who does Amara say created her?
(b) Her mother and father.
(c) She doesn't know.
12. What do Severo and Fra Murta find out about Amara's knowledge of God?
(a) It is wise and profound.
(b) It is simple faith, like a child.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is deeply buried.
13. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(a) Retrieve his body.
(b) Exact a terrible revenge.
(d) Ask for a payment in gold.
14. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
(b) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
(c) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
(d) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
15. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
(a) It will not support the church.
(b) It will prove useless.
(c) It will confirm God's existence.
(d) It will condemn heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow does Josefa break?
2. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
3. Why does Fra Murta have a blacksmith with him when he visits Palinor?
4. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
5. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)