|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) Josefa is returning home.
(b) Severo is shutting down the convent.
(c) Amara has run away.
(d) For sheltering a murderess.
2. Why does Amara keep climbing?
(a) She is not tired.
(b) She lost her spoor.
(c) She lost her way.
(d) Sh is meeting someone.
3. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
(a) She was still with the wolves.
(b) She never knew her.
(c) She died the first day.
(d) She killed her.
4. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To see where Amara came from.
(b) To decide where he is going to go.
(c) To try and find Aclar.
(d) To send Beneditx far away.
5. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
(b) That God just won't give him faith.
(c) That nothing is impossible.
(d) That could cost him his life.
6. What does Amara say about the chapel?
(a) It is too stuffy.
(b) It is a bad place.
(c) It is peaceful.
(d) It is beautiful.
7. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
(a) He kills Fra Murta.
(b) He accuses her of being coached.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He cries.
8. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That someone told her about God.
(b) That she is not to leave the abbey.
(c) That she can be freed.
(d) That he has found her mother.
9. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
(a) That he will understand people more.
(b) That he can be bribed.
(c) That he will leave the island.
(d) That he will be killed soon.
10. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Having sex with Dolca.
(c) Resting in a hammock.
11. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
(a) To have a sword made.
(b) Discussing a machine to pump water.
(c) To get his horse shod.
(d) To get his manacles taken off.
12. Who does Amara say created her?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) Her mother and father.
13. What does Fra Murta think of Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) They are horrible.
(b) He is indiffernt.
(c) It sounds dull.
(d) It sounds pretty.
14. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
(a) He is bitter it happened.
(b) He should have let himself drown.
(c) He will be more careful the next time.
(d) He should have swum the other way.
15. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
(b) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(c) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
(d) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
2. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
3. Who did the Christian encounter in Severo's dream?
4. Why does Fra Murta have a blacksmith with him when he visits Palinor?
5. What does Severo wish he could do?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)