|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He realizes he never really believed.
(b) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(c) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
(d) He thinks the church murders people.
2. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will torture Fra Murta.
(b) They will demand payment.
(c) They will come for his body.
(d) They will have revenge.
3. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He writes a jounal.
(b) He preaches from parish to parish.
(c) He listens to Severo.
(d) He reads and studies.
4. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) For sheltering a murderess.
(b) Severo is shutting down the convent.
(c) Amara has run away.
(d) Josefa is returning home.
5. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She was too smart for him.
(b) She was playing dumb.
(c) She didn't understand the questions.
(d) She had too much depth to be understood.
6. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(b) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
(c) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
(d) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
7. From where have Joffre and Dolca walked?
(a) From Saracen's House.
(b) From Ciudad.
(c) From the convent.
(d) From the mountains.
8. What does Severo wish he could do?
(a) Stop believing in God.
(b) Save Palinor.
(c) Go back in time and change his first decision.
(d) Kill Fra Murta.
9. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
(a) They kill Amara.
(b) They teach Amara more language.
(c) They quit feeding Amara meat.
(d) They cast Amara out.
10. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
(a) That he will be killed soon.
(b) That he will understand people more.
(c) That he will leave the island.
(d) That he can be bribed.
11. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
(a) A brothel owner.
(c) Jamie's brother.
(d) A shepherd.
12. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
(b) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
(c) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
(d) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
13. What haunts Beneditx?
(a) Not believing in God.
(b) The possibility of a fleet coming for Palinor.
(c) The torture of Palinor.
(d) Palinor's fate and not being able to save him.
14. What does Fra Murta believe about Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) That he is lying.
(b) That he would like to visit.
(c) That it does not exist.
(d) That he should burn for them.
15. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
(a) Had sex with Dolca and Joffre.
(b) Talked with Beneditx.
(c) Sent Joffre to the docks with a message for Aclar.
(d) Mentioned the name of God to Fra Murta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo suggest to Palinor?
2. Why is Esperanca confused about Palinor?
3. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
4. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
5. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)