|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(b) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
(c) He thinks the church murders people.
(d) He realizes he never really believed.
2. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
(a) That Palinor now believes in God.
(b) That he is leaving for England.
(c) That he has finished his task.
(d) That Palinor has convinced him.
3. What does Rafal do to fulfill the task Severo gave him?
(a) Rounds up everyone who was near Amara.
(b) Makes a general proclamation.
(c) Goes to the abbey and speak to Josefa.
(d) Finds Jamie.
4. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She had too much depth to be understood.
(b) She was playing dumb.
(c) She didn't understand the questions.
(d) She was too smart for him.
5. What does Severo wish he could do?
(a) Go back in time and change his first decision.
(b) Save Palinor.
(c) Stop believing in God.
(d) Kill Fra Murta.
6. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
(b) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
(c) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
(d) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
7. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
(a) He should have swum the other way.
(b) He will be more careful the next time.
(c) He should have let himself drown.
(d) He is bitter it happened.
8. What does Fra Murta believe about Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) That he would like to visit.
(b) That he is lying.
(c) That he should burn for them.
(d) That it does not exist.
9. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He believes it is not necessary.
(c) He relishes it.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
10. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He reads and studies.
(b) He listens to Severo.
(c) He writes a jounal.
(d) He preaches from parish to parish.
11. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
(a) To Ciudad.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To Severo's church.
(d) To the mountains.
12. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
(a) The fire in the next world.
(b) The fire that kills Palinor.
(c) The fire in the tavern.
(d) The fire at the blacksmith's.
13. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To try and find Aclar.
(b) To decide where he is going to go.
(c) To send Beneditx far away.
(d) To see where Amara came from.
14. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
(a) A brothel owner.
(b) Jamie's brother.
(c) A shepherd.
15. What does Severo do about Beneditx?
(a) Has him arrested for heresy.
(b) Has him try again with Palinor.
(c) Sends him back to Galilea.
(d) Sends him to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Severo insist that Palinor has not sinned?
2. Who does Amara say created her?
3. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
4. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
5. What does Fra Murta ask Palinor three days after he is confined?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)