|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) It is never a good thing.
(b) It is a grace for the church.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) It is a necessary evil.
2. What does Rafal do to fulfill the task Severo gave him?
(a) Rounds up everyone who was near Amara.
(b) Finds Jamie.
(c) Makes a general proclamation.
(d) Goes to the abbey and speak to Josefa.
3. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) It is atheistic.
(b) It is Catholic.
(c) People choose their own religion.
(d) There are no churches.
4. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
(a) He kills Fra Murta.
(b) He cries.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He accuses her of being coached.
5. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
(a) They quit feeding Amara meat.
(b) They kill Amara.
(c) They cast Amara out.
(d) They teach Amara more language.
6. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To decide where he is going to go.
(b) To try and find Aclar.
(c) To see where Amara came from.
(d) To send Beneditx far away.
7. Why does Severo insist that Palinor has not sinned?
(a) He has harmed no one.
(b) He is a kind and gentle man.
(c) He is a king.
(d) He has followed his conscience.
8. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not having a lover.
(b) Obeying her father.
(c) Not eating meat.
(d) Not telling Amara about God.
9. What has Palinor the most afraid?
(a) Being decapitated.
(b) Dying in fire.
(c) Not believing in God.
(d) Not paying his debts.
10. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
(a) The abbey far below.
(b) Black specks on the ocean.
(c) The pirates' cove.
(d) A pack of wolves.
11. Where does Jamie stay when he comes to take Amara?
(a) With Beneditx.
(c) Saint Jeronimo.
(d) Saracen's house.
12. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(a) Retrieve his body.
(c) Exact a terrible revenge.
(d) Ask for a payment in gold.
13. Why is Severo allowed into Palinor's cell?
(a) He said he was sent by God.
(b) He was sent by Fra Murta.
(c) He knows the jailer.
(d) He showed his ordination ring.
14. What does Severo wish he could do?
(a) Save Palinor.
(b) Stop believing in God.
(c) Go back in time and change his first decision.
(d) Kill Fra Murta.
15. What does Beneditx tell Severo.
(a) That he has finished his task.
(b) That Palinor has convinced him.
(c) That Palinor now believes in God.
(d) That he is leaving for England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
2. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
3. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
4. Where does Jamie go to search for Amara's mother?
5. Why does Jamie's mother suggest it was a whore who birthed Amara?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)