|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dolca spend the money from Severo on?
(a) A fine robe for Palinor to wear while he died.
(b) A small house on the coast.
(c) A good last meal for Palinor.
(d) A substance that emits a lethal fume when burned.
2. Where is Palinor confined by Fra Murta?
(a) In a deep dungeon.
(b) In the church basement.
(c) In the city jail.
(d) In a cell with no windows.
3. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
(a) The cell in the basement.
(b) The top floor cell.
(c) Deeper and darker.
(d) One with a window.
4. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She had too much depth to be understood.
(b) She didn't understand the questions.
(c) She was playing dumb.
(d) She was too smart for him.
5. Where do many mothers leave their babies?
(a) At the tavern.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the doctors.
(d) At the hospital.
6. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will have revenge.
(b) They will torture Fra Murta.
(c) They will come for his body.
(d) They will demand payment.
7. What does Jamie find out about abandoned babies?
(a) It usually occurs when the mother dies.
(b) It is a common practice.
(c) It never happens.
(d) It is usually the father that makes the mother do it.
8. What do Fra Murta's minions force Palinor to do?
(a) Go to his knees.
(b) Take communion.
(c) Wear a black hood.
(d) Straddle a large log with his hands bound.
9. Who does Amara say created her?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) Her mother and father.
10. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He tells him God will take care of him.
(b) He refuses to speak.
(c) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
(d) He tells him his confession was false.
11. What vow does Josefa break?
(a) Not having a lover.
(b) Not eating meat.
(c) Not telling Amara about God.
(d) Obeying her father.
12. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) Josefa is returning home.
(b) Amara has run away.
(c) For sheltering a murderess.
(d) Severo is shutting down the convent.
13. What does Amara ask Josefa that shows she's thinking about more than what's in front of her?
(a) She asks what's for dinner that night.
(b) She asks what Josefa is thinking.
(c) She asks if they can find her sister.
(d) She asks if Josefa is married.
14. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
(a) To have a sword made.
(b) To get his horse shod.
(c) Discussing a machine to pump water.
(d) To get his manacles taken off.
15. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That she is not to leave the abbey.
(b) That he has found her mother.
(c) That someone told her about God.
(d) That she can be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
2. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
3. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
4. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
5. Why does Severo insist that Palinor has not sinned?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)