|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who ends up escaping all the consequences of Palinor's death?
(b) Fra Murta.
2. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He relishes it.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) He believes it is not necessary.
(d) He despises it.
3. What does Severo tell Fra Murta is the reason he didn't follow procedure with Palinor?
(a) He wants Beneditx to have practice on Palinor.
(b) He likes Palinor too much.
(c) He didn't explain his actions.
(d) He's performing an experiment.
4. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He beat one of the guards.
(b) He has confessed his heresy.
(c) He refuses to confess.
(d) He has people coming to rescue him.
5. What does Fra Murta say will make Palinor confess his sins?
(a) Reading St. Augustine's writings.
(b) Being tortured.
(c) Talking to the pope.
(d) Nothing will make him confess.
6. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
(a) She has told Amara about God.
(b) She has eaten meat.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She has had an affair.
7. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
(a) An ice-keeper.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A shepherd.
8. What does Severo wish he could do?
(a) Save Palinor.
(b) Kill Fra Murta.
(c) Stop believing in God.
(d) Go back in time and change his first decision.
9. What does Severo ask Rafal to do?
(a) Cook dinner for a large crowd.
(b) Watch Fra Murta at all times.
(c) Pray without ceasing.
(d) Find out where Amara is.
10. Why does Fra Murta have a blacksmith with him when he visits Palinor?
(a) To make him ankle manacles.
(b) To chain his hands together.
(c) To fit him with a neck iron.
(d) To cut off his manacles.
11. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
(a) It will confirm God's existence.
(b) It will not support the church.
(c) It will prove useless.
(d) It will condemn heresy.
12. Why does Severo send Rafal away?
(a) Severo wants to be alone with his guilt.
(b) Severo wants to find Palinor's country.
(c) He cooks badly.
(d) To find out who coached Amara.
13. What was unusual about Amara's birth?
(a) Her mother died when she was born.
(b) She was born to a whore.
(c) She wasn't born on the island.
(d) She was a twin.
14. What does Severo hope about Fra Murta?
(a) That he will be killed soon.
(b) That he can be bribed.
(c) That he will leave the island.
(d) That he will understand people more.
15. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He is tired of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
2. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
3. What does Palinor say about his fall from the ship?
4. What has Palinor the most afraid?
5. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)