|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) People choose their own religion.
(b) It is atheistic.
(c) It is Catholic.
(d) There are no churches.
2. Where will Jamie take Amara?
(a) To an ice house.
(b) To the mainland.
(c) To Severo.
(d) To his home.
3. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
(a) Deeper and darker.
(b) The cell in the basement.
(c) One with a window.
(d) The top floor cell.
4. Why is Esperanca confused about Palinor?
(a) That he is not a king.
(b) That he did not go home.
(c) That he has given her gold and diamonds.
(d) That he is in prison.
5. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) An ice-keeper.
(d) A housekeeper.
6. What do the people in Ciudad do when Palinor arrives?
(a) Spitting in his face.
(b) Lining the streets praying for him.
(c) Throwing rotten fruit at him.
(d) Fighting Fra Murta's men.
7. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
(a) He wants to get married.
(b) He is ill and dying.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He no longer believes in God.
8. Why do the nuns decide to investigate Amara?
(a) To find out is she knew about God before.
(b) To please Fra Murta.
(c) To see if her parents are still alive.
(d) To find out how she ended up with wolves.
9. Who does Amara say created her?
(a) She doesn't know.
(c) Her mother and father.
10. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
(a) To get his manacles taken off.
(b) Discussing a machine to pump water.
(c) To have a sword made.
(d) To get his horse shod.
11. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
(a) She was too smart for him.
(b) She was playing dumb.
(c) She had too much depth to be understood.
(d) She didn't understand the questions.
12. What does Esperanca say why Palinor cannot be a heretic?
(a) He is a king.
(b) He has promised her riches.
(c) He is from another country.
(d) He is too kind and gentle.
13. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He believes it is not necessary.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He relishes it.
14. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He has people coming to rescue him.
(b) He has confessed his heresy.
(c) He beat one of the guards.
(d) He refuses to confess.
15. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He has a mild distaste towards him.
(b) He admires him.
(c) He believes he is a saint.
(d) He can't stand his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the nuns distressed?
2. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
3. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
4. How does Galceran show he may have exposed Amara to God?
5. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)