|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
(a) The fire that kills Palinor.
(b) The fire in the next world.
(c) The fire at the blacksmith's.
(d) The fire in the tavern.
2. Who is the only person who ends up escaping all the consequences of Palinor's death?
(d) Fra Murta.
3. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He has confessed his heresy.
(b) He has people coming to rescue him.
(c) He refuses to confess.
(d) He beat one of the guards.
4. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will have revenge.
(b) They will torture Fra Murta.
(c) They will demand payment.
(d) They will come for his body.
5. Where does Jamie stay when he comes to take Amara?
(a) With Beneditx.
(b) Saint Jeronimo.
(c) Saracen's house.
6. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
(b) Margalida has died.
(c) He has a husband for her.
(d) Her brothers miss her.
7. What haunts Beneditx?
(a) The torture of Palinor.
(b) Not believing in God.
(c) Palinor's fate and not being able to save him.
(d) The possibility of a fleet coming for Palinor.
8. What does Palinor wonder about passionately religious people?
(a) Why they are murderous and cruel.
(b) Why they believe in God.
(c) Why he had to land among them.
(d) Why they never came to his country.
9. What do the people in Ciudad do when Palinor arrives?
(a) Throwing rotten fruit at him.
(b) Spitting in his face.
(c) Lining the streets praying for him.
(d) Fighting Fra Murta's men.
10. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why Josefa takes care of her.
(b) Why she thinks God exist.
(c) Why she has to eat vegetables.
(d) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
11. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
(a) Black specks on the ocean.
(b) The abbey far below.
(c) The pirates' cove.
(d) A pack of wolves.
12. Where will Jamie take Amara?
(a) To his home.
(b) To the mainland.
(c) To Severo.
(d) To an ice house.
13. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
(a) Discussing a machine to pump water.
(b) To get his manacles taken off.
(c) To have a sword made.
(d) To get his horse shod.
14. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He relishes it.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He believes it is not necessary.
15. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He listens to Severo.
(b) He writes a jounal.
(c) He preaches from parish to parish.
(d) He reads and studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
2. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
3. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
4. What does Jamie find out about abandoned babies?
5. What does Severo do about Beneditx?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)