|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
(a) The fire at the blacksmith's.
(b) The fire in the tavern.
(c) The fire that kills Palinor.
(d) The fire in the next world.
2. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
(a) To entrap God.
(b) To keep the nuns busy.
(c) To farther his own status.
(d) To condemn Palinor.
3. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) Amara has run away.
(b) For sheltering a murderess.
(c) Josefa is returning home.
(d) Severo is shutting down the convent.
4. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
(a) Black specks on the ocean.
(b) The abbey far below.
(c) The pirates' cove.
(d) A pack of wolves.
5. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will torture Fra Murta.
(b) They will have revenge.
(c) They will come for his body.
(d) They will demand payment.
6. What does Severo ask Rafal to do?
(a) Find out where Amara is.
(b) Pray without ceasing.
(c) Watch Fra Murta at all times.
(d) Cook dinner for a large crowd.
7. Where will Jamie take Amara?
(a) To his home.
(b) To an ice house.
(c) To Severo.
(d) To the mainland.
8. Who is the only person who ends up escaping all the consequences of Palinor's death?
(d) Fra Murta.
9. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He has a mild distaste towards him.
(c) He can't stand his company.
(d) He believes he is a saint.
10. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
(a) An ice-keeper.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A barmaid.
(d) A housekeeper.
11. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He is proud of it.
(d) He is tired of it.
12. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
(a) Beneditx's long conversations with him.
(b) His honesty and integrity.
(c) Amara not knowing about God.
(d) The fact that he is from another country.
13. From whom does Jamie find out about Amara's birth?
(a) A brothel owner.
(c) Jamie's brother.
(d) A shepherd.
14. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
(a) He has accepted that she knows nothing of God.
(b) Fra Murta has rejected Amara's answers.
(c) He wants to learn more from her.
(d) He appreciates her childish wisdom.
15. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
(a) It will condemn heresy.
(b) It will prove useless.
(c) It will not support the church.
(d) It will confirm God's existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
2. What do Severo and Fra Murta find out about Amara's knowledge of God?
3. What does Severo do when Amara answers Fra Murta's second set of questions?
4. What does Amara say about the chapel?
5. What does Severo do about Beneditx?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)