|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esperanca say why Palinor cannot be a heretic?
(a) He is from another country.
(b) He is too kind and gentle.
(c) He has promised her riches.
(d) He is a king.
2. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That God just won't give him faith.
(b) That nothing is impossible.
(c) That could cost him his life.
(d) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
3. What does Fra Murta believe about Palinor's descriptions of Aclar?
(a) That he is lying.
(b) That he should burn for them.
(c) That it does not exist.
(d) That he would like to visit.
4. What do the nuns believe about Amara and Fra Murta?
(a) Fra Murta has rejected Amara's answers.
(b) He wants to learn more from her.
(c) He appreciates her childish wisdom.
(d) He has accepted that she knows nothing of God.
5. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He thinks the church murders people.
(b) He realizes he never really believed.
(c) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(d) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
6. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
(a) He writes a jounal.
(b) He listens to Severo.
(c) He reads and studies.
(d) He preaches from parish to parish.
7. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
(a) He shouldn't have prayed in front of her.
(b) He should be brought in for questioning.
(c) The experiment is void.
(d) He shouldn't curse in God's name.
8. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) He has a husband for her.
(b) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
(c) Margalida has died.
(d) Her brothers miss her.
9. What does Palinor wish he had not done?
(a) Mentioned the name of God to Fra Murta.
(b) Had sex with Dolca and Joffre.
(c) Sent Joffre to the docks with a message for Aclar.
(d) Talked with Beneditx.
10. What does Severo say settled the question about Palinor's knowledge of God?
(a) Beneditx's long conversations with him.
(b) The fact that he is from another country.
(c) Amara not knowing about God.
(d) His honesty and integrity.
11. After being tortured what does Palinor say to Fra Murta?
(a) Severo is a heretic.
(b) Fra Murta will be killed if he does more to Palinor.
(c) He will be punished in hell.
(d) He believes in God and lied before.
12. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
(a) To get his horse shod.
(b) To get his manacles taken off.
(c) Discussing a machine to pump water.
(d) To have a sword made.
13. Why are the nuns distressed?
(a) Amara has run away.
(b) Severo is shutting down the convent.
(c) For sheltering a murderess.
(d) Josefa is returning home.
14. Where will Jamie take Amara?
(a) To the mainland.
(b) To his home.
(c) To Severo.
(d) To an ice house.
15. What do the people in Ciudad do when Palinor arrives?
(a) Spitting in his face.
(b) Lining the streets praying for him.
(c) Fighting Fra Murta's men.
(d) Throwing rotten fruit at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneditx feel when he tries to pray?
2. What does Severo wish he could do?
3. What does Jamie say Amara can be for work?
4. What has Palinor the most afraid?
5. What does Fra Murta believe about the eventual outcome of the "Amara" experiment?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)