|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He is tired of it.
2. Why does Severo give Palinor to Fra Murta?
(a) To advance his standing in the church.
(b) To keep Fra Murta from killing a woman.
(c) To show Beneditx what could happen to him.
(d) He's angry about Beneditx.
3. Why does Severo examine the map?
(a) To decide where he is going to go.
(b) To send Beneditx far away.
(c) To try and find Aclar.
(d) To see where Amara came from.
4. Why does Taddeo want Josefa to return home?
(a) Her brothers miss her.
(b) He has a husband for her.
(c) Margalida has died.
(d) He likes her cooking better than his wife's.
5. What does Palinor tell Fra Murta about his captains?
(a) They will have revenge.
(b) They will demand payment.
(c) They will torture Fra Murta.
(d) They will come for his body.
6. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) It is a necessary evil.
(b) It is a grace for the church.
(c) It is never a good thing.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
7. What do the people in Ciudad do when Palinor arrives?
(a) Throwing rotten fruit at him.
(b) Lining the streets praying for him.
(c) Fighting Fra Murta's men.
(d) Spitting in his face.
8. What has Severo told the nuns about Amara?
(a) That she can be freed.
(b) That he has found her mother.
(c) That she is not to leave the abbey.
(d) That someone told her about God.
9. What does Severo tell Fra Murta is the reason he didn't follow procedure with Palinor?
(a) He likes Palinor too much.
(b) He didn't explain his actions.
(c) He's performing an experiment.
(d) He wants Beneditx to have practice on Palinor.
10. What does Beneditx tell Palinor when he says it's impossible to know if God exists?
(a) That nothing is impossible.
(b) That Palinor needs to get out of his head.
(c) That could cost him his life.
(d) That God just won't give him faith.
11. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He wants to get married.
(c) He no longer believes in God.
(d) He is ill and dying.
12. What does Amara say when asked about her twin?
(a) She died the first day.
(b) She was still with the wolves.
(c) She killed her.
(d) She never knew her.
13. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
(a) He thinks the world is too ugly to have been created by God.
(b) He realizes he never really believed.
(c) He thinks the church murders people.
(d) His reasoning upon which is was based was faulty.
14. Why does the inquisitor know he has Palinor?
(a) He tells him God will take care of him.
(b) He refuses to speak.
(c) He tells him his confession was false.
(d) He tells him God should rot him in hell.
15. Why does Fra Murta have a blacksmith with him when he visits Palinor?
(a) To cut off his manacles.
(b) To chain his hands together.
(c) To make him ankle manacles.
(d) To fit him with a neck iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
2. Why do the nuns decide to investigate Amara?
3. What does Severo do about Beneditx?
4. What does Severo wish he could do?
5. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)