|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Palinor feel about Aclar?
(a) He is proud of it.
(b) He is tired of it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He hates it.
2. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why she has to eat vegetables.
(b) Why Josefa takes care of her.
(c) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
(d) Why she thinks God exist.
3. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(b) Resting in a hammock.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Having sex with Dolca.
4. What does Severo decide he used Amara for?
(a) To condemn Palinor.
(b) To entrap God.
(c) To farther his own status.
(d) To keep the nuns busy.
5. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) It is Catholic.
(b) People choose their own religion.
(c) It is atheistic.
(d) There are no churches.
6. What does Amara ask Josefa that shows she's thinking about more than what's in front of her?
(a) She asks what Josefa is thinking.
(b) She asks what's for dinner that night.
(c) She asks if they can find her sister.
(d) She asks if Josefa is married.
7. What does Palinor wonder about passionately religious people?
(a) Why he had to land among them.
(b) Why they believe in God.
(c) Why they never came to his country.
(d) Why they are murderous and cruel.
8. Where does Palinor go with Fra Murta?
(a) To Ciudad.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To Severo's church.
(d) To Rome.
9. To what fire is Fra Murta referring?
(a) The fire in the tavern.
(b) The fire in the next world.
(c) The fire at the blacksmith's.
(d) The fire that kills Palinor.
10. Why is Palinor bound with cordeles and garrotes?
(a) He refuses to confess.
(b) He has confessed his heresy.
(c) He has people coming to rescue him.
(d) He beat one of the guards.
11. What does Palinor wonder about as he waits for the morning?
(a) Whether all the people on the island will be killed.
(b) How Severo will kill him before the fire.
(c) Why his ships have not returned for him.
(d) Why Severo turned him over to Fra Murta.
12. What does Palinor say his country will do if they harm him?
(a) Retrieve his body.
(b) Exact a terrible revenge.
(c) Ask for a payment in gold.
13. What does Severo tell Fra Murta is the reason he didn't follow procedure with Palinor?
(a) He's performing an experiment.
(b) He likes Palinor too much.
(c) He wants Beneditx to have practice on Palinor.
(d) He didn't explain his actions.
14. Why does Rafal tell Severo he can no longer serve him?
(a) He wants to get married.
(b) He no longer believes in God.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He is ill and dying.
15. Who does Amara say created her?
(b) She doesn't know.
(d) Her mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Severo say when he hears about Galceran?
2. How does Fra Murta seem to feel about being an inquisitor?
3. What does Amara see when she is high on the mountain?
4. Where will Jamie take Amara?
5. Why is Palinor at the blacksmith's shop?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)