|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the reversal of roles succeeding between Beneditx and Palinor?
(a) It is creating some doubt in Palinor about no God.
(b) It is too early to tell.
(c) It is not making Palinor come any closer to acknowledging a God.
(d) It is creating some doubt in Beneditx about God.
2. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
3. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
(c) The difference between God and Angels.
4. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
5. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
(a) Read so sweetly.
(b) Plant good crops.
(c) Refuse him.
(d) Tell Severo.
6. Why has Jaime come to Sant Clara?
(a) To see Amara.
(b) To ask for prayers for his wife.
(c) To ask if Amara can go free.
(d) To ask if he can take Amara home.
7. Who is to stay with Palinor?
(a) No one.
8. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
(a) To Severo.
(b) To Constantinople.
(c) To Rome.
(d) To prison again.
9. What is it that they find in a cave?
(b) A rabid wolf.
(c) A wild child.
(d) A lion and cubs.
10. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She screams curses at them.
(b) She drops to all fours and howls.
(c) She pretends to be possessed.
(d) She cries.
11. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) If she can be free.
(b) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(c) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
(d) If there is a God.
12. Where are they going to send Palinor?
(a) To the Cuidad.
(b) To the gallows.
(c) Back to his country.
(d) To the Praefect.
13. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
(a) She kneads bread, feeds the farm animals, and cards wool.
(b) She can sweep the floor; that's about it.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) She can knead bread, feed the farm animals, and card wool, sew and cook.
14. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
15. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(d) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beneditx doing?
2. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
3. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
4. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
5. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)