|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are they going to send Palinor?
(a) To the Praefect.
(b) To the gallows.
(c) To the Cuidad.
(d) Back to his country.
2. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
(b) That Josefa needs a husband.
(c) That Josefa has been insolent.
(d) That Josefa is pregnant.
3. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
4. What does Amara do with the salt water on her body?
(a) Wipes it off.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Breaks out.
(d) Licks it.
5. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
(a) An angel spoke to him.
(b) Something is stealing the sheep.
(c) He needs to go to the village and wants someone to watch the sheep.
(d) He is getting married that day.
6. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
(a) So she can be allowed to die with dignity.
(b) To ask if anyone might know who her parents are.
(c) So the Mother Superior can give him advise.
(d) For the nuns to care for her and teach her.
7. From where is Palinor?
8. Why has Jaime come to Sant Clara?
(a) To ask if Amara can go free.
(b) To see Amara.
(c) To ask if he can take Amara home.
(d) To ask for prayers for his wife.
9. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
(a) If he left her intentionally.
(b) If he has another woman.
(c) If she thinks he is dead or if she has taken up with his cousin.
(d) If she is still alive.
10. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
(a) 1450 in Catalina.
(b) 1500 in Atlantis.
(c) 1450 in Mallorca.
(d) 1100 in Tasmania.
11. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
(a) Caring for Amara.
(b) Letting Josefa take different vows from the rest of them.
(c) Allowing a young boy to live at the nunnery.
(d) Obeying men who do not know about them as individuals.
12. Who is to stay with Palinor?
(d) No one.
13. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
(a) About a reward she is expecting from Palinor.
(b) About her desire to learn to read and write.
(c) About her fixing some clothing for the village idiot.
(d) About her son's tendency to wander for days without working.
14. How does Amara walk now?
(a) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(b) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
(c) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(d) Upright on straightened legs.
15. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
(a) The story of Beneditx's own conversion.
(b) The three points of St. Augustine.
(c) The story of the blind man.
(d) The five proofs of St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
2. What stimulates Severo?
3. What happens when Josefa is ill?
4. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
5. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)