|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(b) If there is a God.
(c) If she can be free.
(d) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
2. What happens when Josefa is ill?
(a) Amara hides.
(b) Amara asks about her.
(c) Amara cries in the corner.
(d) Amara reverts to her old ways.
3. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
(a) He has not yet decided.
(b) Baptize her.
(c) Give her to Palinor to take with him because they have the means of helping her in his homeland.
(d) Mercifully kill her.
4. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
(a) She kneads bread, feeds the farm animals, and cards wool.
(b) Nothing yet.
(c) She can sweep the floor; that's about it.
(d) She can knead bread, feed the farm animals, and card wool, sew and cook.
5. What stimulates Severo?
(a) The intellectual discussions.
(b) The wolf child's speech.
(c) The idea of no god.
(d) The idea of no angels.
6. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Jump rope.
(c) Play with jarts.
7. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
(a) To let her run wild.
(b) To pray near her all the time.
(c) To keep her imprisoned.
(d) To love her.
8. What is it that they find in a cave?
(a) A lion and cubs.
(b) A rabid wolf.
(d) A wild child.
9. How many words can Amara speak?
(a) Almost a dozen.
(b) A couple dozen.
10. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
(a) Who he is.
(b) Why Beneditx has not been successful with Palinor.
(c) Who God really is.
(d) Why Palinor is there.
11. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
(a) Imagine God in Palinor's mind.
(b) Confess his sins.
(c) Imagine an angel.
(d) Lie to be able to leave the island.
12. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(b) The Mother Superior.
(d) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
13. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
(a) Some hunters.
(b) No one.
(c) A wild cave man.
(d) Some shepherds.
14. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
(a) From a position of being on another planet.
(b) From a position of an angel hovering above the island.
(c) From a position of an ant.
(d) From eye level.
15. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(b) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
(c) He is not worried.
(d) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
2. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
3. What does Josefa realize about God?
4. Who is to stay with Palinor?
5. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)