|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) She does not miss thinking about God.
(b) God is in every little particle.
(c) God does not exist.
(d) God does not know Amara.
2. Who sends a priest for the child?
3. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) About his wife's illness.
(b) That he leave.
(c) About Amara's history.
(d) That he come visit regularly.
4. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) A mountain.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Many rivers.
(d) The sky.
5. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
6. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(a) Read to him.
(c) Write a letter to his wife.
(d) Help him in the garden.
7. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
(a) Imagine an angel.
(b) Imagine God in Palinor's mind.
(c) Confess his sins.
(d) Lie to be able to leave the island.
8. What does Palinor ask to do?
(a) Go home if he says he believes in God.
(c) Work in the garden.
(d) Redesign the house.
9. Who does Palinor say he is?
(a) A king in his own country.
(b) A physician.
(c) A prince in his own country.
(d) A lawyer.
10. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) A donkey and cart.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) Enough gold to buy three fields.
(d) Two letters of recommendation.
11. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To take Amara to his home.
(b) To kill the rapists.
(c) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
(d) To kill Amara.
12. What is it that they find in a cave?
(a) A wild child.
(c) A rabid wolf.
(d) A lion and cubs.
13. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(b) Upright on straightened legs.
(c) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
(d) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
14. What does Palinor do?
(a) Has Joffre and Dolca in bed with him having sex.
(b) Apologizes to Joffre.
(c) Hits Joffre.
(d) Leaves Joffre and Dolca alone in Palinor's bed.
15. Who takes in Josefa?
(a) The nunnery at Sant Clara.
(b) A tailor to be his wife.
(c) Josefa's older sister.
(d) The local school system who need a new teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who diagnoses Amara?
2. What does Palinor need?
3. Why is Dolca afraid?
4. Where does Severo send Palinor?
5. What seems to be helping Amara?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)