|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(b) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(c) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
(d) They do not know she misses Josefa.
2. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) About his wife's illness.
(b) About Amara's history.
(c) That he come visit regularly.
(d) That he leave.
3. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) To Rome.
(b) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
(c) To his home.
(d) Back to the fishing village.
4. Who approaches Josefa and Amara?
(b) Another nun.
(c) A woman who says Amara is her child.
(d) A man with scars on his face.
5. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her stepdaughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
6. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
(a) Why Beneditx has not been successful with Palinor.
(b) Who he is.
(c) Who God really is.
(d) Why Palinor is there.
7. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
(b) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(c) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
(d) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
8. What do Palinor's hands look like?
(a) A woman.
(b) A swordfighter.
(c) Those of a prince.
(d) A working man.
9. What are the men doing at the snow house?
(a) Making wine.
(b) Making snow blocks.
(c) Melting the snow.
10. What happens to Amara?
(a) She begins speaking in sentences.
(b) She becomes very ill.
(c) She dies.
(d) She escapes again.
11. Where does Amara go?
(a) To the top of the bell tower.
(b) Out into the woods.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) To the sanctuary.
12. What does Amara do with the salt water on her body?
(a) Licks it.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Wipes it off.
(d) Breaks out.
13. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
(a) Refuse him.
(b) Plant good crops.
(c) Tell Severo.
(d) Read so sweetly.
14. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) God is in every little particle.
(b) God does not exist.
(c) She does not miss thinking about God.
(d) God does not know Amara.
15. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) A mountain.
(b) Many rivers.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beneditx angry?
2. What happens when Josefa is ill?
3. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
4. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
5. What does Gillem offer to do?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)