|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are they going to send Palinor?
(a) To the gallows.
(b) To the Cuidad.
(c) To the Praefect.
(d) Back to his country.
2. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
3. Who diagnoses Amara?
(a) A country medicine man.
(b) A famous Jewish physician.
(c) A nun trained as a nurse.
4. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
(b) That Josefa is pregnant.
(c) That Josefa needs a husband.
(d) That Josefa has been insolent.
5. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That science is the only absolute.
(b) That absolutes only exist in science.
(c) That there are no absolutes.
(d) That nothing is the only absolute.
6. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She says a blessing before eating.
(b) She still howls at the moon.
(c) She loves massages.
(d) She hates to be touched.
7. What is it that they find in a cave?
(b) A rabid wolf.
(c) A wild child.
(d) A lion and cubs.
8. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) The nuns rotate turns.
(b) The mother superior.
(c) An elderly nun named Maria.
9. How is the reversal of roles succeeding between Beneditx and Palinor?
(a) It is creating some doubt in Beneditx about God.
(b) It is not making Palinor come any closer to acknowledging a God.
(c) It is too early to tell.
(d) It is creating some doubt in Palinor about no God.
10. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
(a) To ask him what he believes.
(b) To ask him to pretend to believe in God.
(c) To send him to his own country.
(d) To put him back in prison for a while.
11. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(b) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
(c) They drug her with poppy seed water.
(d) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
12. What does Jaime question?
(a) The sheep are sickly.
(b) The gold.
(c) The donkey's soundness.
(d) Severo's order for him to leave and forget the girl.
13. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
(a) Teach her to read.
(b) Teach her to sing.
(c) Teach her to write.
(d) Take her to the seashore to collect mussels.
14. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
(b) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(c) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
(d) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
15. What does Palinor need?
(a) A wise man for advice.
(b) A wife.
(d) A moneylender to get his passage home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men doing at the snow house?
2. Why is Dolca afraid?
3. From where is Palinor?
4. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
5. How many words can Amara speak?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)