|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(c) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
(d) The Mother Superior.
2. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(b) She is growing into her head.
(c) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
(d) She is eager to please now.
3. How is the reversal of roles succeeding between Beneditx and Palinor?
(a) It is creating some doubt in Palinor about no God.
(b) It is creating some doubt in Beneditx about God.
(c) It is not making Palinor come any closer to acknowledging a God.
(d) It is too early to tell.
4. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(b) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(c) A beached whale.
(d) Someone swimming towards shore.
5. What happens to Amara?
(a) She dies.
(b) She escapes again.
(c) She begins speaking in sentences.
(d) She becomes very ill.
6. From where is Palinor?
7. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
(a) Letting Josefa take different vows from the rest of them.
(b) Obeying men who do not know about them as individuals.
(c) Caring for Amara.
(d) Allowing a young boy to live at the nunnery.
8. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She says a blessing before eating.
(b) She hates to be touched.
(c) She still howls at the moon.
(d) She loves massages.
9. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) To his home.
(b) Back to the fishing village.
(c) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
(d) To Rome.
10. Who is to stay with Palinor?
(c) No one.
11. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She drops to all fours and howls.
(b) She screams curses at them.
(c) She cries.
(d) She pretends to be possessed.
12. What do Severo and Beneditx debate?
(a) The issue of Palinor's lack of belief in God.
(b) Why God created them.
(c) Whether the wolf child deserves baptism.
(d) How many angels can sit on the head of a pin.
13. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(b) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
(c) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
(d) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
14. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
(a) Imagine an angel.
(b) Confess his sins.
(c) Imagine God in Palinor's mind.
(d) Lie to be able to leave the island.
15. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
(a) She can knead bread, feed the farm animals, and card wool, sew and cook.
(b) She can sweep the floor; that's about it.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) She kneads bread, feeds the farm animals, and cards wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that they find in a cave?
2. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
3. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
4. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
5. What does Gillem offer to do?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)