|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
(b) That Amara is curious about God.
(c) That Amara remembers the past.
(d) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
2. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
(a) To put him back in prison for a while.
(b) To ask him to pretend to believe in God.
(c) To send him to his own country.
(d) To ask him what he believes.
3. What does Palinor need?
(a) A wise man for advice.
(b) A wife.
(c) A moneylender to get his passage home.
4. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
(a) An angel spoke to him.
(b) Something is stealing the sheep.
(c) He needs to go to the village and wants someone to watch the sheep.
(d) He is getting married that day.
5. What stimulates Severo?
(a) The idea of no god.
(b) The idea of no angels.
(c) The wolf child's speech.
(d) The intellectual discussions.
6. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
(d) The difference between God and Angels.
7. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
(a) Tries another proof on Palinor.
(b) Tells Severo that Palinor is a hopeless case.
(c) Gets a little drunk.
(d) Reads from the gospel of Mark
8. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
(a) 1450 in Mallorca.
(b) 1450 in Catalina.
(c) 1100 in Tasmania.
(d) 1500 in Atlantis.
9. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) A donkey and cart.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) Two letters of recommendation.
(d) Enough gold to buy three fields.
10. What does Palinor ask to do?
(a) Go home if he says he believes in God.
(c) Redesign the house.
(d) Work in the garden.
11. Why is Dolca afraid?
(a) She is afraid she will get in trouble for writing Palinor's wife.
(b) She does not usually read in front of anyone.
(c) She is not afraid.
(d) She is a virgin.
12. What is Beneditx doing?
(a) Baptizing animals.
(b) Writing a treatise on angels.
(c) Making holy water.
(d) Praying 24 hours a day.
13. Where are they going to send Palinor?
(a) To the Cuidad.
(b) Back to his country.
(c) To the gallows.
(d) To the Praefect.
14. What do the group who come to the convent want?
(a) To bring the nuns some food.
(b) To see the wolf child.
(c) To ask the Mother Superior a question.
(d) To report they saw Josefa swimming naked.
15. What happens when Josefa is ill?
(a) Amara cries in the corner.
(b) Amara hides.
(c) Amara asks about her.
(d) Amara reverts to her old ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor do?
2. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
3. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
4. Where does Severo send Palinor?
5. How does Amara scare away the group?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)