|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(b) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(c) A beached whale.
(d) Someone swimming towards shore.
2. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) God is in every little particle.
(b) She does not miss thinking about God.
(c) God does not know Amara.
(d) God does not exist.
3. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
(a) Read so sweetly.
(b) Refuse him.
(c) Plant good crops.
(d) Tell Severo.
4. What stimulates Severo?
(a) The intellectual discussions.
(b) The idea of no angels.
(c) The wolf child's speech.
(d) The idea of no god.
5. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
6. What seems to be helping Amara?
(a) Having a dog as a companion.
(c) An addictive elixir.
7. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her stepdaughter.
8. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
(a) About a reward she is expecting from Palinor.
(b) About her son's tendency to wander for days without working.
(c) About her fixing some clothing for the village idiot.
(d) About her desire to learn to read and write.
9. What does Palinor need?
(a) A moneylender to get his passage home.
(b) A wife.
(d) A wise man for advice.
10. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To swim away to another island.
(b) To convert to Christianity.
(c) To settle in the Cuidad.
(d) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
11. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
(a) Teach her to write.
(b) Take her to the seashore to collect mussels.
(c) Teach her to sing.
(d) Teach her to read.
12. What does Jaime question?
(a) The donkey's soundness.
(b) Severo's order for him to leave and forget the girl.
(c) The sheep are sickly.
(d) The gold.
13. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
14. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
(a) If there is such a thing as sin.
(b) Why he was interested in both Joffre and Dolca.
(c) If life is worth living as an atheist.
(d) Why he doesn't just lie and say he is a Christian.
15. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) An elderly nun named Maria.
(c) The mother superior.
(d) The nuns rotate turns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
2. What do the group who come to the convent want?
3. What does Palinor say truth is like?
4. What are the men doing at the snow house?
5. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)