|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
(b) That Josefa is pregnant.
(c) That Josefa needs a husband.
(d) That Josefa has been insolent.
2. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She hates to be touched.
(b) She still howls at the moon.
(c) She says a blessing before eating.
(d) She loves massages.
3. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
(a) The mother nursing her newborn.
(b) The idea of Palinor being an angel.
(c) The wolf child speaks.
4. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
(a) Teach her to read.
(b) Teach her to write.
(c) Teach her to sing.
(d) Take her to the seashore to collect mussels.
5. Why does Severo decide to visit Saracen?
(a) To exercise his horse.
(b) To check on his vineyards,
(c) To get away from his duties for awhile.
(d) To see how Palinor and Beneditx are doing.
6. What do Palinor's hands look like?
(a) A working man.
(b) Those of a prince.
(c) A woman.
(d) A swordfighter.
7. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
(a) Refuse him.
(b) Plant good crops.
(c) Tell Severo.
(d) Read so sweetly.
8. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
(a) For the nuns to care for her and teach her.
(b) So the Mother Superior can give him advise.
(c) To ask if anyone might know who her parents are.
(d) So she can be allowed to die with dignity.
9. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(b) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
(c) They drug her with poppy seed water.
(d) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
10. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A beached whale.
(b) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(c) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(d) Someone swimming towards shore.
11. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
(c) Angel eyes.
12. Who approaches Josefa and Amara?
(a) Another nun.
(b) A woman who says Amara is her child.
(d) A man with scars on his face.
13. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
(a) Play with jarts.
(b) Play chess.
(d) Jump rope.
14. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) To Rome.
(b) Back to the fishing village.
(c) To his home.
(d) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
15. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) The mother superior.
(c) The nuns rotate turns.
(d) An elderly nun named Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amara ask Josefa?
2. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
3. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
4. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
5. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)