|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
(a) To prison again.
(b) To Severo.
(c) To Constantinople.
(d) To Rome.
2. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
(a) To love her.
(b) To pray near her all the time.
(c) To keep her imprisoned.
(d) To let her run wild.
3. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
(a) The way the wind can be felt but not seen.
(b) The way flowers grow.
(c) There is no proof of what is.
(d) What people can see, taste, touch, and smell.
4. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
(d) The Mother Superior.
5. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(b) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
(c) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
(d) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
6. What toy has Jaime brought Amara?
(a) A drum.
(b) A toy wagon.
(c) A top.
(d) A doll.
7. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) Back to the fishing village.
(b) To Rome.
(c) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
(d) To his home.
8. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
(b) The difference between God and Angels.
9. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To kill the rapists.
(b) To kill Amara.
(c) To take Amara to his home.
(d) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
10. What stimulates Severo?
(a) The intellectual discussions.
(b) The wolf child's speech.
(c) The idea of no god.
(d) The idea of no angels.
11. What does Palinor have at home?
(a) A palace.
(b) A wife and son.
(c) Several children though his wife is dead.
(d) A grandson.
12. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
(b) Play chess.
(c) Jump rope.
(d) Play with jarts.
13. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
(a) If he has another woman.
(b) If he left her intentionally.
(c) If she is still alive.
(d) If she thinks he is dead or if she has taken up with his cousin.
14. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
(a) The wolf child speaks.
(c) The idea of Palinor being an angel.
(d) The mother nursing her newborn.
15. Who sends a priest for the child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
2. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
3. Why has Jaime come to Sant Clara?
4. What is it that they find in a cave?
5. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)