|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
(b) That Josefa needs a husband.
(c) That Josefa is pregnant.
(d) That Josefa has been insolent.
2. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
(a) The difference between God and Angels.
3. What does Palinor do?
(a) Leaves Joffre and Dolca alone in Palinor's bed.
(b) Hits Joffre.
(c) Has Joffre and Dolca in bed with him having sex.
(d) Apologizes to Joffre.
4. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
5. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
(b) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
6. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) An elderly nun named Maria.
(c) The mother superior.
(d) The nuns rotate turns.
7. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She loves massages.
(b) She hates to be touched.
(c) She says a blessing before eating.
(d) She still howls at the moon.
8. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They drug her with poppy seed water.
(b) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(c) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
(d) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
9. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(b) Help him in the garden.
(c) Read to him.
(d) Write a letter to his wife.
10. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her stepdaughter.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her servants.
11. What do Severo and Beneditx debate?
(a) Whether the wolf child deserves baptism.
(b) The issue of Palinor's lack of belief in God.
(c) How many angels can sit on the head of a pin.
(d) Why God created them.
12. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That absolutes only exist in science.
(b) That there are no absolutes.
(c) That nothing is the only absolute.
(d) That science is the only absolute.
13. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) Someone swimming towards shore.
(b) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(c) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(d) A beached whale.
14. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
(b) Angel eyes.
15. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
(a) Something is stealing the sheep.
(b) He needs to go to the village and wants someone to watch the sheep.
(c) An angel spoke to him.
(d) He is getting married that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor say truth is like?
2. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
3. Who diagnoses Amara?
4. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
5. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)