|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(b) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
2. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
(a) Baptize her.
(b) Give her to Palinor to take with him because they have the means of helping her in his homeland.
(c) Mercifully kill her.
(d) He has not yet decided.
3. What is Beneditx doing?
(a) Baptizing animals.
(b) Making holy water.
(c) Writing a treatise on angels.
(d) Praying 24 hours a day.
4. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
5. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
6. Why is Jaime worried?
(a) He lied to a priest.
(b) His sheep are still missing.
(c) He is not baptized.
(d) He is afraid the wild child will not be baptized.
7. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright on straightened legs.
(b) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(c) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(d) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
8. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) About Amara's history.
(b) That he leave.
(c) That he come visit regularly.
(d) About his wife's illness.
9. What are the men doing at the snow house?
(a) Making snow blocks.
(b) Melting the snow.
(c) Making wine.
10. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(b) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
(c) She is growing into her head.
(d) She is eager to please now.
11. Why does Severo decide to visit Saracen?
(a) To see how Palinor and Beneditx are doing.
(b) To check on his vineyards,
(c) To get away from his duties for awhile.
(d) To exercise his horse.
12. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
(a) No one.
(b) Some shepherds.
(c) A wild cave man.
(d) Some hunters.
13. What seems to be helping Amara?
(a) An addictive elixir.
(b) Having a dog as a companion.
14. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
(a) If she thinks he is dead or if she has taken up with his cousin.
(b) If he has another woman.
(c) If he left her intentionally.
(d) If she is still alive.
15. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
(d) Angel eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor do?
2. What does Gillem offer to do?
3. Where does Amara go?
4. What does Josefa realize about God?
5. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)