|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) Enough gold to buy three fields.
(b) A herd of sheep.
(c) Two letters of recommendation.
(d) A donkey and cart.
2. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Write a letter to his wife.
(d) Help him in the garden.
3. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
(b) The mother nursing her newborn.
(c) The wolf child speaks.
(d) The idea of Palinor being an angel.
4. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her stepdaughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
5. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(b) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
6. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To kill the rapists.
(b) To take Amara to his home.
(c) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
(d) To kill Amara.
7. What does Palinor do?
(a) Has Joffre and Dolca in bed with him having sex.
(b) Leaves Joffre and Dolca alone in Palinor's bed.
(c) Apologizes to Joffre.
(d) Hits Joffre.
8. What do the group who come to the convent want?
(a) To bring the nuns some food.
(b) To ask the Mother Superior a question.
(c) To report they saw Josefa swimming naked.
(d) To see the wolf child.
9. Why is Dolca afraid?
(a) She is afraid she will get in trouble for writing Palinor's wife.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She does not usually read in front of anyone.
(d) She is not afraid.
10. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She says a blessing before eating.
(b) She loves massages.
(c) She hates to be touched.
(d) She still howls at the moon.
11. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) Many rivers.
(b) A mountain.
(c) The sky.
(d) The ocean.
12. Why is Beneditx angry?
(a) That Severo is removing Beneditx from Palinor's presence.
(b) That Palinor laughs at him.
(c) That his intellectual pride has been so great and yet his mind has been useless.
(d) That Palinor refuses to convert.
13. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) About his wife's illness.
(b) That he leave.
(c) About Amara's history.
(d) That he come visit regularly.
14. What does Joffre reveal to Palinor?
(a) That Joffre is attracted to Palinor.
(b) That Dolca was once raped and will not have sex since.
(c) That Dolca loves Palinor.
(d) That Dolca is actually his sweetheart, not his sister.
15. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That there are no absolutes.
(b) That science is the only absolute.
(c) That absolutes only exist in science.
(d) That nothing is the only absolute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
2. What is it that they find in a cave?
3. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
4. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
5. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)