|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
2. Who takes in Josefa?
(a) A tailor to be his wife.
(b) The local school system who need a new teacher.
(c) The nunnery at Sant Clara.
(d) Josefa's older sister.
3. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
(b) To settle in the Cuidad.
(c) To convert to Christianity.
(d) To swim away to another island.
4. Who diagnoses Amara?
(a) A famous Jewish physician.
(b) A nun trained as a nurse.
(d) A country medicine man.
5. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her servants.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her stepdaughter.
6. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(b) Upright on straightened legs.
(c) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(d) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
7. What does Jaime question?
(a) The donkey's soundness.
(b) The gold.
(c) Severo's order for him to leave and forget the girl.
(d) The sheep are sickly.
8. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(b) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
9. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(b) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
(c) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
(d) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
10. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(c) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
11. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) She does not miss thinking about God.
(b) God is in every little particle.
(c) God does not know Amara.
(d) God does not exist.
12. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
(a) She is very strong and can hurt people.
(b) She is turns out to be male.
(c) She is female.
(d) She only eats raw meat and the nuns do not eat meat.
13. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
(b) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(c) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
(d) They drug her with poppy seed water.
14. What is Beneditx doing?
(a) Praying 24 hours a day.
(b) Baptizing animals.
(c) Writing a treatise on angels.
(d) Making holy water.
15. What do Palinor's hands look like?
(a) A swordfighter.
(b) A woman.
(c) Those of a prince.
(d) A working man.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
2. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
3. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
4. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
5. What does Palinor argue?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)