Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amara go?
(a) Out into the woods.
(b) To the cellar.
(c) To the sanctuary.
(d) To the top of the bell tower.
2. What toy has Jaime brought Amara?
(a) A doll.
(b) A drum.
(c) A top.
(d) A toy wagon.
3. Who is to stay with Palinor?
(a) No one.
4. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
(a) Reads from the gospel of Mark
(b) Tries another proof on Palinor.
(c) Gets a little drunk.
(d) Tells Severo that Palinor is a hopeless case.
5. What are the men doing at the snow house?
(a) Making snow blocks.
(b) Making wine.
(d) Melting the snow.
6. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
(a) 1450 in Catalina.
(b) 1450 in Mallorca.
(c) 1100 in Tasmania.
(d) 1500 in Atlantis.
7. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) A mountain.
(b) The sky.
(c) Many rivers.
(d) The ocean.
8. What does Palinor need?
(a) A moneylender to get his passage home.
(c) A wise man for advice.
(d) A wife.
9. How many words can Amara speak?
(b) A couple dozen.
(d) Almost a dozen.
10. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
(a) So the Mother Superior can give him advise.
(b) To ask if anyone might know who her parents are.
(c) For the nuns to care for her and teach her.
(d) So she can be allowed to die with dignity.
11. How is the reversal of roles succeeding between Beneditx and Palinor?
(a) It is too early to tell.
(b) It is creating some doubt in Beneditx about God.
(c) It is creating some doubt in Palinor about no God.
(d) It is not making Palinor come any closer to acknowledging a God.
12. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) He is not worried.
(b) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
(c) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
(d) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
13. Why is Jaime worried?
(a) He lied to a priest.
(b) He is afraid the wild child will not be baptized.
(c) He is not baptized.
(d) His sheep are still missing.
14. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(b) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
15. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
(a) Why Beneditx has not been successful with Palinor.
(b) Who God really is.
(c) Why Palinor is there.
(d) Who he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amara do with the salt water on her body?
2. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
3. What does Amara ask Josefa?
4. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
5. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)