|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
(a) Plant good crops.
(b) Read so sweetly.
(c) Tell Severo.
(d) Refuse him.
2. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A bishop.
(c) An inquisitor.
3. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Jump rope.
(d) Play with jarts.
4. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To kill the rapists.
(b) To kill Amara.
(c) To take Amara to his home.
(d) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
5. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To Constantinople.
(c) To Severo.
(d) To prison again.
6. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) A group of shepherds.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A new fountain.
(d) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
7. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
8. From where is Palinor?
9. What is Beneditx doing?
(a) Writing a treatise on angels.
(b) Making holy water.
(c) Praying 24 hours a day.
(d) Baptizing animals.
10. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To convert to Christianity.
(b) To swim away to another island.
(c) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
(d) To settle in the Cuidad.
11. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
(a) To ask him to pretend to believe in God.
(b) To send him to his own country.
(c) To ask him what he believes.
(d) To put him back in prison for a while.
12. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) Enough gold to buy three fields.
(b) A donkey and cart.
(c) Two letters of recommendation.
(d) A herd of sheep.
13. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That Josefa needs a husband.
(b) That Josefa has been insolent.
(c) That Josefa is pregnant.
(d) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
14. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
(a) If there is such a thing as sin.
(b) If life is worth living as an atheist.
(c) Why he doesn't just lie and say he is a Christian.
(d) Why he was interested in both Joffre and Dolca.
15. What happens when Josefa is ill?
(a) Amara reverts to her old ways.
(b) Amara asks about her.
(c) Amara cries in the corner.
(d) Amara hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
2. What does Palinor argue?
3. Who diagnoses Amara?
4. What does Joffre reveal to Palinor?
5. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)