|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) The nuns rotate turns.
(b) The mother superior.
(d) An elderly nun named Maria.
2. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
3. What do the group who come to the convent want?
(a) To bring the nuns some food.
(b) To report they saw Josefa swimming naked.
(c) To see the wolf child.
(d) To ask the Mother Superior a question.
4. What seems to be helping Amara?
(a) Having a dog as a companion.
(b) An addictive elixir.
5. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
(a) A bishop.
(b) An inquisitor.
(c) A shepherd.
6. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
(a) He needs to go to the village and wants someone to watch the sheep.
(b) He is getting married that day.
(c) Something is stealing the sheep.
(d) An angel spoke to him.
7. While the four men are eating dinner, what does Beneditx do?
(a) Reads from the gospel of Mark
(b) Tries another proof on Palinor.
(c) Gets a little drunk.
(d) Tells Severo that Palinor is a hopeless case.
8. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
(a) A wild cave man.
(b) No one.
(c) Some hunters.
(d) Some shepherds.
9. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
(a) That Josefa is to weak to care for Amara.
(b) That the shepherds do penance by keeping the road in order.
(c) That Amara is possessed of the devil.
(d) That she should let Guillem kill Amara.
10. Where does Amara go?
(a) To the cellar.
(b) Out into the woods.
(c) To the sanctuary.
(d) To the top of the bell tower.
11. What is it that they find in a cave?
(a) A rabid wolf.
(b) A wild child.
(d) A lion and cubs.
12. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
(a) To ask him what he believes.
(b) To send him to his own country.
(c) To ask him to pretend to believe in God.
(d) To put him back in prison for a while.
13. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
(a) To let her run wild.
(b) To keep her imprisoned.
(c) To love her.
(d) To pray near her all the time.
14. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(b) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
(c) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
(d) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
15. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
(a) To Constantinople.
(b) To Severo.
(c) To prison again.
(d) To Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
2. What does Amara ask Josefa?
3. What does Severo decide to do with the wolf child?
4. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
5. Who does Palinor say he is?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)