|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
(c) The difference between God and Angels.
2. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(c) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
3. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
(a) A wild cave man.
(b) No one.
(c) Some shepherds.
(d) Some hunters.
4. How is the reversal of roles succeeding between Beneditx and Palinor?
(a) It is creating some doubt in Palinor about no God.
(b) It is too early to tell.
(c) It is not making Palinor come any closer to acknowledging a God.
(d) It is creating some doubt in Beneditx about God.
5. Why is Dolca afraid?
(a) She is not afraid.
(b) She does not usually read in front of anyone.
(c) She is a virgin.
(d) She is afraid she will get in trouble for writing Palinor's wife.
6. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) A group of shepherds.
(b) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
(c) A new fountain.
(d) A group of soldiers.
7. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They drug her with poppy seed water.
(b) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
(c) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(d) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
8. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That Josefa is pregnant.
(b) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
(c) That Josefa has been insolent.
(d) That Josefa needs a husband.
9. How many words can Amara speak?
(c) Almost a dozen.
(d) A couple dozen.
10. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) If there is a God.
(b) If she can be free.
(c) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(d) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
11. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
(a) There is no proof of what is.
(b) The way flowers grow.
(c) What people can see, taste, touch, and smell.
(d) The way the wind can be felt but not seen.
12. What stimulates Severo?
(a) The idea of no angels.
(b) The intellectual discussions.
(c) The wolf child's speech.
(d) The idea of no god.
13. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
(b) A bishop.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) An inquisitor.
14. What do Severo and Beneditx decide to do about Palinor?
(a) To ask him what he believes.
(b) To ask him to pretend to believe in God.
(c) To put him back in prison for a while.
(d) To send him to his own country.
15. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
(a) That the shepherds do penance by keeping the road in order.
(b) That she should let Guillem kill Amara.
(c) That Josefa is to weak to care for Amara.
(d) That Amara is possessed of the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
2. What does Palinor need?
3. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
4. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
5. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)