|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
(a) Read so sweetly.
(b) Refuse him.
(c) Plant good crops.
(d) Tell Severo.
2. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) A donkey and cart.
(b) Two letters of recommendation.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) Enough gold to buy three fields.
3. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) A group of shepherds.
(b) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
(c) A new fountain.
(d) A group of soldiers.
4. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) The sky.
(b) A mountain.
(c) Many rivers.
(d) The ocean.
5. Why has Jaime come to Sant Clara?
(a) To see Amara.
(b) To ask if he can take Amara home.
(c) To ask if Amara can go free.
(d) To ask for prayers for his wife.
6. Why is Beneditx angry?
(a) That his intellectual pride has been so great and yet his mind has been useless.
(b) That Palinor laughs at him.
(c) That Severo is removing Beneditx from Palinor's presence.
(d) That Palinor refuses to convert.
7. What does Palinor have at home?
(a) Several children though his wife is dead.
(b) A grandson.
(c) A wife and son.
(d) A palace.
8. What toy has Jaime brought Amara?
(a) A toy wagon.
(b) A doll.
(c) A drum.
(d) A top.
9. Where does Amara go?
(a) To the top of the bell tower.
(b) To the sanctuary.
(c) To the cellar.
(d) Out into the woods.
10. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
(a) The mother nursing her newborn.
(c) The wolf child speaks.
(d) The idea of Palinor being an angel.
11. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
(a) If there is such a thing as sin.
(b) Why he was interested in both Joffre and Dolca.
(c) If life is worth living as an atheist.
(d) Why he doesn't just lie and say he is a Christian.
12. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
(b) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
(c) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(d) He is not worried.
13. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She still howls at the moon.
(b) She hates to be touched.
(c) She loves massages.
(d) She says a blessing before eating.
14. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To swim away to another island.
(b) To convert to Christianity.
(c) To settle in the Cuidad.
(d) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
15. What seems to be helping Amara?
(c) An addictive elixir.
(d) Having a dog as a companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
2. What does Jaime question?
3. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
4. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
5. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)