|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
(b) A bishop.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) An inquisitor.
2. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) God is in every little particle.
(b) She does not miss thinking about God.
(c) God does not exist.
(d) God does not know Amara.
3. What does the shepherd tell the men at the snow house?
(a) He is getting married that day.
(b) He needs to go to the village and wants someone to watch the sheep.
(c) An angel spoke to him.
(d) Something is stealing the sheep.
4. What are the men doing at the snow house?
(a) Melting the snow.
(b) Making wine.
(c) Making snow blocks.
5. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
6. What does Severo give Jaime?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A donkey and cart.
(c) Two letters of recommendation.
(d) Enough gold to buy three fields.
7. What does Palinor have at home?
(a) Several children though his wife is dead.
(b) A grandson.
(c) A wife and son.
(d) A palace.
8. How does Amara walk now?
(a) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
(b) Upright on straightened legs.
(c) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(d) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
9. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(d) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
10. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her stepdaughter.
(d) Her husband.
11. What is one of Beneditx's outstanding characteristics?
12. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
(a) The story of the blind man.
(b) The five proofs of St. Thomas.
(c) The story of Beneditx's own conversion.
(d) The three points of St. Augustine.
13. What is Beneditx doing?
(a) Praying 24 hours a day.
(b) Writing a treatise on angels.
(c) Making holy water.
(d) Baptizing animals.
14. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is eager to please now.
(b) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
(c) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(d) She is growing into her head.
15. What happens to Amara?
(a) She becomes very ill.
(b) She begins speaking in sentences.
(c) She dies.
(d) She escapes again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
2. Who takes in Josefa?
3. From where is Palinor?
4. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
5. Who ends up caring for Amara?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)