|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
(a) She can knead bread, feed the farm animals, and card wool, sew and cook.
(b) She can sweep the floor; that's about it.
(c) Nothing yet.
(d) She kneads bread, feeds the farm animals, and cards wool.
2. What is it that they find in a cave?
(a) A wild child.
(b) A lion and cubs.
(d) A rabid wolf.
3. What does Palinor say truth is like?
(a) The sky.
(b) A mountain.
(c) Many rivers.
(d) The ocean.
4. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(a) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
(c) The Mother Superior.
5. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her stepdaughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her servants.
6. What does Joffre ask Palinor?
(a) Why he was interested in both Joffre and Dolca.
(b) If there is such a thing as sin.
(c) If life is worth living as an atheist.
(d) Why he doesn't just lie and say he is a Christian.
7. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
(b) To convert to Christianity.
(c) To settle in the Cuidad.
(d) To swim away to another island.
8. Who tells Beneditx he needs his assistance?
9. What do Severo and Beneditx debate?
(a) How many angels can sit on the head of a pin.
(b) Why God created them.
(c) The issue of Palinor's lack of belief in God.
(d) Whether the wolf child deserves baptism.
10. What does Joffre reveal to Palinor?
(a) That Dolca was once raped and will not have sex since.
(b) That Joffre is attracted to Palinor.
(c) That Dolca is actually his sweetheart, not his sister.
(d) That Dolca loves Palinor.
11. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) Someone swimming towards shore.
(b) A beached whale.
(c) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(d) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
12. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(b) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
(c) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
(d) He is not worried.
13. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
(b) The difference between God and Angels.
14. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) God is in every little particle.
(b) God does not exist.
(c) She does not miss thinking about God.
(d) God does not know Amara.
15. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara remembers the past.
(b) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
(c) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
(d) That Amara is curious about God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What toy has Jaime brought Amara?
2. What does Palinor argue?
3. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
4. What is Beneditx doing?
5. How does Amara scare away the group?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)