|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneditx say can be seen in the eyes of a newborn?
(d) Angel eyes.
2. Why has Jaime come to Sant Clara?
(a) To ask if Amara can go free.
(b) To ask for prayers for his wife.
(c) To see Amara.
(d) To ask if he can take Amara home.
3. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
(a) To ask if anyone might know who her parents are.
(b) So she can be allowed to die with dignity.
(c) For the nuns to care for her and teach her.
(d) So the Mother Superior can give him advise.
4. What does Josefa realize about God?
(a) She does not miss thinking about God.
(b) God does not know Amara.
(c) God is in every little particle.
(d) God does not exist.
5. Who sends a priest for the child?
6. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
7. What does Josefa notice about Amara?
(a) She is eager to please now.
(b) She is different from Josefa's younger brothers.
(c) She is very talkative to all the nuns.
(d) She is growing into her head.
8. What is one odd characteristic of Amara?
(a) She still howls at the moon.
(b) She loves massages.
(c) She says a blessing before eating.
(d) She hates to be touched.
9. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(b) The nuns rotate turns.
(c) An elderly nun named Maria.
(d) The mother superior.
10. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
(b) Write a letter to his wife.
(c) Help him in the garden.
(d) Read to him.
11. What happens to Amara?
(a) She dies.
(b) She becomes very ill.
(c) She begins speaking in sentences.
(d) She escapes again.
12. What is it that they find in a cave?
(a) A lion and cubs.
(c) A wild child.
(d) A rabid wolf.
13. What happens when Josefa is ill?
(a) Amara cries in the corner.
(b) Amara hides.
(c) Amara asks about her.
(d) Amara reverts to her old ways.
14. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To his home.
(d) Back to the fishing village.
15. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright on straightened legs.
(b) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
(c) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
(d) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
2. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
3. What does Amara do with the salt water on her body?
4. What does Palinor tell Dolca she can do?
5. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)