|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes Beneditx and Severo by surprise?
(b) The idea of Palinor being an angel.
(c) The mother nursing her newborn.
(d) The wolf child speaks.
2. From where is Palinor?
3. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) If there is a God.
(b) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(c) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
(d) If she can be free.
4. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
(a) To love her.
(b) To keep her imprisoned.
(c) To pray near her all the time.
(d) To let her run wild.
5. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) Esteban, the dog caretaker.
6. Where are they going to send Palinor?
(a) Back to his country.
(b) To the Praefect.
(c) To the Cuidad.
(d) To the gallows.
7. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) That he come visit regularly.
(b) About his wife's illness.
(c) About Amara's history.
(d) That he leave.
8. What does Palinor do?
(a) Leaves Joffre and Dolca alone in Palinor's bed.
(b) Has Joffre and Dolca in bed with him having sex.
(c) Apologizes to Joffre.
(d) Hits Joffre.
9. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
(b) A group of shepherds.
(c) A new fountain.
(d) A group of soldiers.
10. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
(b) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(c) He is not worried.
(d) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
11. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her stepdaughter.
12. Who is there to greet Severo when he returns to the Cuidad?
(a) A bishop.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) An inquisitor.
13. What does Jaime question?
(a) The sheep are sickly.
(b) The gold.
(c) Severo's order for him to leave and forget the girl.
(d) The donkey's soundness.
14. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She screams curses at them.
(b) She drops to all fours and howls.
(c) She cries.
(d) She pretends to be possessed.
15. What does Palinor argue?
(a) That nothing is the only absolute.
(b) That there are no absolutes.
(c) That absolutes only exist in science.
(d) That science is the only absolute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beneditx doing?
2. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
3. What does Joffre reveal to Palinor?
4. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
5. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)