|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinor say is proof of what is?
(a) What people can see, taste, touch, and smell.
(b) There is no proof of what is.
(c) The way the wind can be felt but not seen.
(d) The way flowers grow.
2. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To take Amara to his home.
(b) To kill the rapists.
(c) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
(d) To kill Amara.
3. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
(b) He is not worried.
(c) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(d) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
4. Why does Severo give Palinor to Fra Murta?
(a) To show Beneditx what could happen to him.
(b) To keep Fra Murta from killing a woman.
(c) He's angry about Beneditx.
(d) To advance his standing in the church.
5. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A beached whale.
(b) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(c) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(d) Someone swimming towards shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
2. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
3. Who is to stay with Palinor?
4. Who ends up caring for Amara?
5. What does Severo wish he could do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)