|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do many mothers leave their babies?
(a) At the doctors.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the tavern.
2. With what chores is Amara helping the nuns?
(a) She can knead bread, feed the farm animals, and card wool, sew and cook.
(b) She kneads bread, feeds the farm animals, and cards wool.
(c) She can sweep the floor; that's about it.
(d) Nothing yet.
3. What does Gillem offer to do?
(a) To take Amara to his home.
(b) To kill Amara.
(c) To carry Amara to the pen the nuns have for her.
(d) To kill the rapists.
4. Who ends up caring for Amara?
(a) The nuns rotate turns.
(c) The mother superior.
(d) An elderly nun named Maria.
5. Why is Severo allowed into Palinor's cell?
(a) He was sent by Fra Murta.
(b) He said he was sent by God.
(c) He knows the jailer.
(d) He showed his ordination ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fra Murta do while on the island?
2. Who sends a priest for the child?
3. Where do they decide to send Palinor?
4. What does Palinor say truth is like?
5. Who accidentally lets Amara out among some dogs?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)