|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amara ask Pare Aldonza?
(a) Why she is being kept at the abbey.
(b) Why she thinks God exist.
(c) Why she has to eat vegetables.
(d) Why Josefa takes care of her.
2. What does Fra Murta say will make Palinor confess his sins?
(a) Talking to the pope.
(b) Being tortured.
(c) Reading St. Augustine's writings.
(d) Nothing will make him confess.
3. Why is Severo allowed into Palinor's cell?
(a) He was sent by Fra Murta.
(b) He knows the jailer.
(c) He said he was sent by God.
(d) He showed his ordination ring.
4. What does Amara ask Josefa?
(a) If she can be free.
(b) Why Josefa never prays like the other nuns.
(c) If there is a God.
(d) To go back to the sea to collect mussels.
5. Where does Severo send Palinor?
(a) To Rome.
(b) The Saracen's House, a luxurious dwelling about two-hour's ride from Cuidad.
(c) To his home.
(d) Back to the fishing village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
2. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
3. What does Palinor need?
4. What kind of cell does Beneditx retreat to?
5. Why does Fra Murta believe Amara answered his questions as she did?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)