|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is the land of Aclar?
(a) There are no churches.
(b) It is atheistic.
(c) People choose their own religion.
(d) It is Catholic.
2. Why was Pare Aldonza relieved of her duties at the convent?
(a) She has eaten meat.
(b) She has had an affair.
(c) She has told Amara about God.
(d) She is ill.
3. What is Palinor doing when Fra Murta comes upon him?
(a) Resting in a hammock.
(b) Eating dinner.
(d) Having sex with Dolca.
4. Who did the Christian encounter in Severo's dream?
(a) Fra Murta.
(b) St. Augustine.
(c) An angel with a flaming sword.
(d) A Saracen prince.
5. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
(a) Letting Josefa take different vows from the rest of them.
(b) Caring for Amara.
(c) Allowing a young boy to live at the nunnery.
(d) Obeying men who do not know about them as individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dolca afraid?
2. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
3. What does Gillem offer to do?
4. What do the people in Ciudad do when Palinor arrives?
5. Why does Jamie's mother suggest it was a whore who birthed Amara?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)