|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Palinor's hands look like?
(a) A woman.
(b) A swordfighter.
(c) Those of a prince.
(d) A working man.
2. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
(a) To send Palinor home before he changes everything at Severo's home.
(b) To hire him to make more changes to his gardens.
(c) To baptize Palinor in the fountain.
(d) To bathe in the fountain to wash off the dirt from the trip.
3. What does Josefa ask to do with Amara?
(a) Teach her to sing.
(b) Take her to the seashore to collect mussels.
(c) Teach her to read.
(d) Teach her to write.
4. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) Someone swimming towards shore.
(b) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(c) A beached whale.
(d) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
5. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her stepdaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Palinor, Severo, and Beneditx speak?
2. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
3. Who ends up caring for Amara?
4. What does Palinor have at home?
5. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)