|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest tell the Mother Superior?
(a) That the shepherds do penance by keeping the road in order.
(b) That she should let Guillem kill Amara.
(c) That Amara is possessed of the devil.
(d) That Josefa is to weak to care for Amara.
2. What does Beneditx think will convince Palinor of God?
(a) The three points of St. Augustine.
(b) The story of Beneditx's own conversion.
(c) The story of the blind man.
(d) The five proofs of St. Thomas.
3. What stimulates Severo?
(a) The idea of no angels.
(b) The intellectual discussions.
(c) The wolf child's speech.
(d) The idea of no god.
4. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
(a) Confess his sins.
(b) Lie to be able to leave the island.
(c) Imagine an angel.
(d) Imagine God in Palinor's mind.
5. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
(b) That Amara remembers the past.
(c) That Amara is curious about God.
(d) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
2. Who is Margarlida ordering around?
3. What does Amara ask Josefa?
4. What does Josefa realize about God?
5. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)