|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
(b) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
(c) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(d) They do not know she misses Josefa.
2. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
(a) Caring for Amara.
(b) Obeying men who do not know about them as individuals.
(c) Letting Josefa take different vows from the rest of them.
(d) Allowing a young boy to live at the nunnery.
3. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
(b) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
(c) That Amara is curious about God.
(d) That Amara remembers the past.
4. How is the reader supposed to view the setting?
(a) From eye level.
(b) From a position of an ant.
(c) From a position of being on another planet.
(d) From a position of an angel hovering above the island.
5. How does Amara scare away the group?
(a) She cries.
(b) She drops to all fours and howls.
(c) She pretends to be possessed.
(d) She screams curses at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words can Amara speak?
2. What does Palinor ask?
3. Who ends up caring for Amara?
4. Why does Severo decide to visit Saracen?
5. Why is Jaime worried?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)