|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) He is not worried.
(b) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(c) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
(d) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
2. What seems to be helping Amara?
(a) Having a dog as a companion.
(d) An addictive elixir.
3. How many words can Amara speak?
(a) A couple dozen.
(d) Almost a dozen.
4. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara remembers the past.
(b) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
(c) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
(d) That Amara is curious about God.
5. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
(a) About a reward she is expecting from Palinor.
(b) About her fixing some clothing for the village idiot.
(c) About her desire to learn to read and write.
(d) About her son's tendency to wander for days without working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinor invite Severo to do?
2. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
3. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
4. How does Amara walk now?
5. How does Amara scare away the group?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)