|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
(a) About her fixing some clothing for the village idiot.
(b) About a reward she is expecting from Palinor.
(c) About her desire to learn to read and write.
(d) About her son's tendency to wander for days without working.
2. What are the men doing at the snow house?
(a) Making snow blocks.
(c) Making wine.
(d) Melting the snow.
3. What does Severo wonder as he lies on his pallet?
(a) Who he is.
(b) Who God really is.
(c) Why Palinor is there.
(d) Why Beneditx has not been successful with Palinor.
4. How does Amara walk now?
(a) Upright but her legs are still badly bent.
(b) She is not moving at all now because she can't walk upright or on all fours.
(c) Upright on straightened legs.
(d) On all fours, but with her legs straight out behind her.
5. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
(a) Obeying men who do not know about them as individuals.
(b) Caring for Amara.
(c) Letting Josefa take different vows from the rest of them.
(d) Allowing a young boy to live at the nunnery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
2. What is one problem about Amara as far as the nuns are concerned?
3. What does Palinor say truth is like?
4. What does Palinor argue?
5. How many parties does the reader see traveling on the mountain?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)