|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Severo encounter at the entrance to his home?
(a) A new fountain.
(b) A group of shepherds.
(c) Amara who has run away from the nunnery.
(d) A group of soldiers.
2. How do they get Amara cleaned up?
(a) They use meat to lure her into a tub of water.
(b) They are not yet successful cleaning her.
(c) They lasso her and tie her tightly to a pole.
(d) They drug her with poppy seed water.
3. Why is Beneditx worried?
(a) That Beneditx may be getting too ill to stay and talk to Palinor.
(b) That Palinor refuses to convert and will be burned at the stake.
(c) He is not worried.
(d) That Palinor may convince him God does not exist.
4. What does Beneditx ask Palinor to do?
(a) Imagine an angel.
(b) Confess his sins.
(c) Imagine God in Palinor's mind.
(d) Lie to be able to leave the island.
5. What seems to be helping Amara?
(b) An addictive elixir.
(d) Having a dog as a companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Severo take Amara to the nunnery at Sant Clara?
2. Who captures and rapes Amara repeatedly?
3. Where does Severo send Palinor?
4. How does Amara walk now?
5. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)