|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Josefa happy about Amara's question?
(a) That Amara understands the idea of being free.
(b) That Amara is curious about God.
(c) That Amara can observe the difference between what Josefa does and what the other nuns do.
(d) That Amara remembers the past.
2. How do the nuns know Amara misses Josefa?
(a) Amara smiles when Josefa's name is mentioned.
(b) They do not know she misses Josefa.
(c) Amara makes a sound like Josefa's name.
(d) Amara grabs the nun's habit and shakes it.
3. What is the time and setting supposed to resemble?
(a) 1450 in Catalina.
(b) 1500 in Atlantis.
(c) 1100 in Tasmania.
(d) 1450 in Mallorca.
4. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A beached whale.
(b) Someone swimming towards shore.
(c) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(d) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
5. What does Palinor ask?
(a) To be allowed to leave rather than be burned as an atheist.
(b) To swim away to another island.
(c) To convert to Christianity.
(d) To settle in the Cuidad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest task ever asked of the nuns at Sant Clara?
2. What do the nuns decide the best approach is to helping Amara?
3. What are the men doing at the snow house?
4. What does Palinor have at home?
5. Who diagnoses Amara?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)