|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Severo give Palinor to Fra Murta?
(a) He's angry about Beneditx.
(b) To advance his standing in the church.
(c) To show Beneditx what could happen to him.
(d) To keep Fra Murta from killing a woman.
2. What does Mother Superior ask of Jaime?
(a) That he leave.
(b) About Amara's history.
(c) That he come visit regularly.
(d) About his wife's illness.
3. What do two fishermen see as they are mending their nets?
(a) A baby porpoise that seems lost.
(b) A huge shark about to engulf a boat.
(c) Someone swimming towards shore.
(d) A beached whale.
4. Why is Severo's dream important to him?
(a) He sees it as an allegory for Beneditx.
(b) He sees it as a symbol of his rising status.
(c) He sees it as a comment on how he treated Palinor.
(d) He sees it as a metaphor for Amara.
5. What does Severo suggest to Palinor?
(a) That he admits he believed in God at one time.
(b) That he has amnesia and can't remember his religion.
(c) That he kill Severo and escape.
(d) That he claim a visit by an angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow does Josefa break?
2. Why does Beneditx say his faith is gone?
3. What does Palinor have at home?
4. Who is to stay with Palinor?
5. What does Josefa teach Amara to do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)