|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the villagers tease Esperanca?
(a) About her desire to learn to read and write.
(b) About a reward she is expecting from Palinor.
(c) About her fixing some clothing for the village idiot.
(d) About her son's tendency to wander for days without working.
2. What does Severo feel about the shedding of blood?
(a) It is never a good thing.
(b) It is a grace for the church.
(c) It is a necessary evil.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
3. What does Palinor wonder about his wife?
(a) If she thinks he is dead or if she has taken up with his cousin.
(b) If she is still alive.
(c) If he left her intentionally.
(d) If he has another woman.
4. Why is Dolca afraid?
(a) She is not afraid.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She is afraid she will get in trouble for writing Palinor's wife.
(d) She does not usually read in front of anyone.
5. What does Margarlido tell her husband?
(a) That Josefa has been insolent.
(b) That Josefa needs a husband.
(c) That Josefa is pregnant.
(d) That he needs to put Josefa out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fra Murta demand of the nuns?
2. What does Palinor ask Dolca to do?
3. How does Amara walk now?
4. Who is to stay with Palinor?
5. How does Severo feel about Fra Murta?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)