Prologue | Chapter 1
• The author states that this work of fiction is set during a time like 1450, but it is not really 1450.
• The island the story takes place on is like Mallorca, a Spanish island in the Mediterranean Sea, but it is not Mallorca.
• Jamie, a shepherd finds the nevados, men who cut ice to sell in town and tells them an animal is taking sheep. He asks for help.
• They track the animal to a cave and as Galceran starts to club the animal to death, Jamie stops him because it is a human child.
• The nervados keep the child to collect money to show her off, but end up giving her to Juan in exchange for two bottles of wine.
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
• Miguel and Lazaro, two fishermen see a man swimming in from the sea and rescue him. When he awakens he says he will reward them...
This section contains 2,983 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)