|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Nori and Kuri work?
2. Where does Mikage last see Eriko?
3. Where does Mikage walk after the banquet?
4. Who does Yuichi ask to go out on a date with him as a result of Eriko's death?
5. The first time that Mikage and Yuichi go out together, where do they go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and love are both significant themes in the novel Kitchen. In the first two chapters, death is even the cause for love. Analyze these statements as they relate to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In each chapter, the role of a kitchen or food is prevalent. Give one specific example of this from each chapter and use at least three quotes to explain its relevance. For example, Mikage loves to be in the kitchen and finds peace in the kitchen. What elements of this same habit or behavior are present in the other chapter or with other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Determine the tone of each chapter. Now, determine the tone of the entire book. Provide at least four quotes from the novel to give your arguments validity.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)