|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chika tells Mikage to go after Yuichi to a specific location. Where does Yuichi go?
2. What color is the telephone that Mikage uses at the eatery?
3. Where does Mikage last see Eriko?
4. What causes Mikage to feel jealousy when she and Yuichi go out together for the first time?
5. What wakes up Mikage the morning after she makes dinner for Yuichi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in all three chapters find a way to grieve. For example, in Full Moon, Yuichi chooses to run from his problems rather than to face them directly. Analyze different methods of grieving in the novel and how they contribute to the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Death and love are both significant themes in the novel Kitchen. In the first two chapters, death is even the cause for love. Analyze these statements as they relate to the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do the characters find peace in the novel? What coping mechanisms do the characters use? Are they effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)