|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuichi become during her and Mikage's dinner together?
2. Where do Nori and Kuri work?
3. Where does Mikage ask Yuichi to go before she fulfills his request?
4. What does Yuichi ask Mikage for the day after she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
5. How does Eriko's wife die?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in all three chapters find a way to grieve. For example, in Full Moon, Yuichi chooses to run from his problems rather than to face them directly. Analyze different methods of grieving in the novel and how they contribute to the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the climax of each chapter. What tone does the author write the climax in? What does the climax symbolize or foreshadow for the future of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the significant secondary characters throughout Kitchen? How does the author use secondary characters as catalysts for action in the stories?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)