|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Mikage after the banquet?
2. Which word best describes Mikage's feelings when she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
3. What causes Mikage to feel jealousy when she and Yuichi go out together for the first time?
4. What does Mikage cut when she tries to get into Yuichi's room?
5. How long does Mikage plan to be gone when she travels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In all three chapters, there are eccentric secondary characters. How are these characters added to accelerate the events in the novel? How is sexual ambiguity explored using these characters? Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze this statement's validity as it relates to the entire book: A theme in the novel is that life continues even when a life ends.
Essay Topic 3
Determine the significance of life and death as themes in the novel. Do you think the author is trying to send a message to the reader in the way life and death are represented? Why or why not?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)