|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage cut when she tries to get into Yuichi's room?
2. What does Mikage do in the Tanabe kitchen when Yuichi is gone?
3. What food does Mikage make when she comes home from work, after being confronted by Okuno?
4. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
5. What does Yuichi receive when Eriko dies?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in all three chapters find a way to grieve. For example, in Full Moon, Yuichi chooses to run from his problems rather than to face them directly. Analyze different methods of grieving in the novel and how they contribute to the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
The three chapters of Kitchen are titled Kitchen, Full Moon, and Moonlight Shadow. What is the significance of each chapter title? What about the name of the novel as a whole? Why do you think the author chooses these specific titles?
Essay Topic 3
In all three chapters, characters seek to find normalcy and routine to cope with grief. How do they seek this sense of routine? What do the characters find instead?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)