Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage cut when she tries to get into Yuichi's room?
2. What does Mikage do in the Tanabe kitchen when Yuichi is gone?
3. What food does Mikage make when she comes home from work, after being confronted by Okuno?
4. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
5. What does Yuichi receive when Eriko dies?
Essay Topic 1
Determine the significance of life and death as themes in the novel. Do you think the author is trying to send a message to the reader in the way life and death are represented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In each chapter, the role of a kitchen or food is prevalent. Give one specific example of this from each chapter and use at least three quotes to explain its relevance. For example, Mikage loves to be in the kitchen and finds peace in the kitchen. What elements of this same habit or behavior are present in the other chapter or with other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Determine the tone of each chapter. Now, determine the tone of the entire book. Provide at least four quotes from the novel to give your arguments validity.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)