|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consoles Mikage after Okuno confronts her?
2. Once inside Yuichi's room, what does Mikage feel?
3. What does Yuichi ask Mikage for the day after she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
4. Where does Mikage sleep when she returns to the Tanabe home?
5. What color is the telephone that Mikage uses at the eatery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine the significance of life and death as themes in the novel. Do you think the author is trying to send a message to the reader in the way life and death are represented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Destiny and spirituality are themes in all three chapters of Kitchen. Analyze the way the author uses these themes to tell the story. How is destiny prevalent in the three chapters? What about spirituality? Why are these themes relevant?. Use at least one quote per chapter to prove your points.
Essay Topic 3
Determine the tone of each chapter. Now, determine the tone of the entire book. Provide at least four quotes from the novel to give your arguments validity.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)