|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is represented by Yuichi staying at the inn?
2. What does Mikage do in the Tanabe kitchen when Yuichi is gone?
3. Who consoles Mikage after Okuno confronts her?
4. Where does Mikage sleep when she returns to the Tanabe home?
5. When Yuichi falls asleep after dinner, what does Mikage do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze this statement: In Full Moon, seasons are used as catalysts for action in the story. Do you think that this is true in the other chapters as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in all three chapters find a way to grieve. For example, in Full Moon, Yuichi chooses to run from his problems rather than to face them directly. Analyze different methods of grieving in the novel and how they contribute to the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
The three chapters of Kitchen are titled Kitchen, Full Moon, and Moonlight Shadow. What is the significance of each chapter title? What about the name of the novel as a whole? Why do you think the author chooses these specific titles?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)