|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Mikage after the banquet?
2. What represents a new beginning for Mikage in Chapter Two?
3. What does Mikage feel when she is in the elevator with Yuichi?
4. How does Mikage feel about Nori and Kuri?
5. Where is Mikage when she first believes she is in love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the significant secondary characters throughout Kitchen? How does the author use secondary characters as catalysts for action in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Determine the tone of each chapter. Now, determine the tone of the entire book. Provide at least four quotes from the novel to give your arguments validity.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in all three chapters find a way to grieve. For example, in Full Moon, Yuichi chooses to run from his problems rather than to face them directly. Analyze different methods of grieving in the novel and how they contribute to the novel as a whole.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)