|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
2. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
3. Who slaps Yuichi?
4. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
5. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mikage to cry on the bus?
2. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
3. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
4. How does Satsuki feel at the intersection where the car accident occurs?
5. Describe Eriko's death.
6. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
7. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
8. Describe the process in which Yuji becomes Eriko.
9. What lifts Mikage's spirit when she is crying? Why?
10. How does Mikage know Yuichi before they become housemates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine the tone of each chapter. Now, determine the tone of the entire book. Provide at least four quotes from the novel to give your arguments validity.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the elements of foreshadowing in the novel, in all three chapters. Choose one example from each chapter to analyze.
Essay Topic 3
Who are the significant secondary characters throughout Kitchen? How does the author use secondary characters as catalysts for action in the stories?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)