|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
2. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
3. What does Mikage worry about in her dream?
4. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
5. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mikage agree to move in with the Tanabe family?
2. Describe Satsuki's first meeting with Urara.
3. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
4. Why doesn't Yuichi tell Mikage that Eriko dies sooner?
5. Describe the process in which Yuji becomes Eriko.
6. Which characters in Part Two are running from the past? How?
7. Based on Mikage visiting Yuichi at the inn, what predictions can the reader make for their relationship?
8. What role do the seasons play in Part Two?
9. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
10. What role do supernatural elements play in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze this statement: In Full Moon, seasons are used as catalysts for action in the story. Do you think that this is true in the other chapters as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the climax of each chapter. What tone does the author write the climax in? What does the climax symbolize or foreshadow for the future of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the significant secondary characters throughout Kitchen? How does the author use secondary characters as catalysts for action in the stories?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)