|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
4. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
5. Which of the following is the most major theme in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
2. Why doesn't Yuichi tell Mikage that Eriko dies sooner?
3. How does Urara obtain Satsuki's phone number?
4. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
5. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
6. What causes Mikage to cry on the bus?
7. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
8. Which characters in Part Two are running from the past? How?
9. What is the significance of the bell that Satsuki gives Hitoshi?
10. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
Essay Topic 1
The dreams in all three chapters have significance to the rest of the story. Describe one dream, or dream-like element of each chapter, and analyze the significance to its specific chapter.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in all three chapters find a way to grieve. For example, in Full Moon, Yuichi chooses to run from his problems rather than to face them directly. Analyze different methods of grieving in the novel and how they contribute to the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the elements of foreshadowing in the novel, in all three chapters. Choose one example from each chapter to analyze.
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)