|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
2. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
3. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
4. What is Eriko's former name?
5. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yuichi drink so much at his dinner with Mikage?
2. Describe Satsuki's first meeting with Urara.
3. How does Satsuki feel at the intersection where the car accident occurs?
4. Describe the will that Eriko leaves behind.
5. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
6. What does Hiiragi do that embarrasses Satsuki when they meet for the first time in the story?
7. Does Sotaro still have feelings for Mikage? Why or why not? Does Mikage still have feelings for Sotaro?
8. Describe Mikage's encounter with her previous landlord.
9. Why does Okuno visit Mikage?
10. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One common theme in the three chapters is escape. In what ways do characters escape? Use at least one quote per character to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the elements of foreshadowing in the novel, in all three chapters. Choose one example from each chapter to analyze.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze this statement: In Full Moon, seasons are used as catalysts for action in the story. Do you think that this is true in the other chapters as well? Why or why not?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)