|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
2. Which of the following is the most major theme in the first chapter?
3. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
4. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
5. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
2. Which characters in Part Two are running from the past? How?
3. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
4. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
5. What role do the seasons play in Part Two?
6. Describe the apparition that Satsuki sees on the bridge.
7. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
8. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
9. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
10. What is Mikage's saddest memory of Eriko?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the story of Satsuki and the story of Mikage. How are the two characters similar? How are they different? How are the people in their lives similar and different? What about the events they face?
Essay Topic 2
The dreams in all three chapters have significance to the rest of the story. Describe one dream, or dream-like element of each chapter, and analyze the significance to its specific chapter.
Essay Topic 3
In all three chapters, characters seek to find normalcy and routine to cope with grief. How do they seek this sense of routine? What do the characters find instead?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)