|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
5. Who seems most distraught about the death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
2. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
3. Describe the process in which Yuji becomes Eriko.
4. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
5. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
6. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
7. Describe Eriko's death.
8. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
9. Why does Mikage decide she wants to move out? Why doesn't she?
10. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
Essay Topic 1
Determine how one character from each chapter grows or develops as a result of action in one chapter of the novel. What causes this growth?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze this statement: In Full Moon, seasons are used as catalysts for action in the story. Do you think that this is true in the other chapters as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In all three chapters, there are eccentric secondary characters. How are these characters added to accelerate the events in the novel? How is sexual ambiguity explored using these characters? Why is this significant?
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)