|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
4. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
5. What time does Mikage wake up after her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
2. Describe Eriko's death.
3. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
4. What events in Satsuki's life foreshadow Hitoshi's death?
5. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
6. What does Hiiragi do that embarrasses Satsuki when they meet for the first time in the story?
7. Describe the relationship that Hitoshi and Satsuki shared before Hitoshi's death?
8. Describe the daydream that Mikage has after her dinner with Yuichi.
9. Which characters in Part Two are running from the past? How?
10. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze this statement: In Full Moon, seasons are used as catalysts for action in the story. Do you think that this is true in the other chapters as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In all three chapters, characters seek to find normalcy and routine to cope with grief. How do they seek this sense of routine? What do the characters find instead?
Essay Topic 3
In each chapter, the role of a kitchen or food is prevalent. Give one specific example of this from each chapter and use at least three quotes to explain its relevance. For example, Mikage loves to be in the kitchen and finds peace in the kitchen. What elements of this same habit or behavior are present in the other chapter or with other characters?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)