|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mikage's parents?
2. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
3. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
4. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
5. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mikage know Yuichi before they become housemates?
2. Based on Mikage visiting Yuichi at the inn, what predictions can the reader make for their relationship?
3. What role do the seasons play in Part Two?
4. Why does Hiiragi wear the women's uniform?
5. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
6. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
7. What events in Satsuki's life foreshadow Hitoshi's death?
8. What stuns Mikage about Eriko?
9. How is sexual ambiguity explored in the first chapter?
10. What is it that makes Mikage jealous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Determine the significance of life and death as themes in the novel. Do you think the author is trying to send a message to the reader in the way life and death are represented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
One common theme in the three chapters is escape. In what ways do characters escape? Use at least one quote per character to back up your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Moonlight Shadow has supernatural elements in it. For example Satsuki sees the ghost of Hitoshi on the bridge. What is the significance of the supernatural elements in the story? How do these supernatural elements contribute to the story as a whole?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)