Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
5. Who seems most distraught about the death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
2. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
3. Describe the process in which Yuji becomes Eriko.
4. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
5. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
6. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
7. Describe Eriko's death.
8. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
9. Why does Mikage decide she wants to move out? Why doesn't she?
10. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
Destiny and spirituality are themes in all three chapters of Kitchen. Analyze the way the author uses these themes to tell the story. How is destiny prevalent in the three chapters? What about spirituality? Why are these themes relevant?. Use at least one quote per chapter to prove your points.
Moonlight Shadow has supernatural elements in it. For example Satsuki sees the ghost of Hitoshi on the bridge. What is the significance of the supernatural elements in the story? How do these supernatural elements contribute to the story as a whole?
In all three chapters, there are eccentric secondary characters. How are these characters added to accelerate the events in the novel? How is sexual ambiguity explored using these characters? Why is this significant?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)