Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
5. Who seems most distraught about the death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
2. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
3. Describe the process in which Yuji becomes Eriko.
4. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
5. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
6. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
7. Describe Eriko's death.
8. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
9. Why does Mikage decide she wants to move out? Why doesn't she?
10. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
Essay Topic 1
In each chapter, the role of a kitchen or food is prevalent. Give one specific example of this from each chapter and use at least three quotes to explain its relevance. For example, Mikage loves to be in the kitchen and finds peace in the kitchen. What elements of this same habit or behavior are present in the other chapter or with other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the story of Satsuki and the story of Mikage. How are the two characters similar? How are they different? How are the people in their lives similar and different? What about the events they face?
Essay Topic 3
Determine how one character from each chapter grows or develops as a result of action in one chapter of the novel. What causes this growth?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)