|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
2. Where does Mikage hide to cry?
3. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
4. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
5. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
2. How does Satsuki feel at the intersection where the car accident occurs?
3. Describe the daydream that Mikage has after her dinner with Yuichi.
4. What is the significance of the bell that Satsuki gives Hitoshi?
5. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
6. Describe Satsuki's first meeting with Urara.
7. What events in Satsuki's life foreshadow Hitoshi's death?
8. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
9. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
10. Describe Eriko's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moonlight Shadow has supernatural elements in it. For example Satsuki sees the ghost of Hitoshi on the bridge. What is the significance of the supernatural elements in the story? How do these supernatural elements contribute to the story as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the elements of foreshadowing in the novel, in all three chapters. Choose one example from each chapter to analyze.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the climax of each chapter. What tone does the author write the climax in? What does the climax symbolize or foreshadow for the future of the characters?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)