|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(c) Cucumber salad.
2. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
3. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
(a) They work together.
(b) He meets her at church.
(c) They go to school together.
(d) He helps carry her grandmother's stuff home.
4. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
(a) An upcoming change.
(b) Time spent apart for Yuichi and Mikage.
(c) That Mikage and Yuichi are meant to be together.
(d) More loss for both Yuichi and Mikage.
5. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A new blender.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A television.
(d) A word processor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
2. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
3. Who seems most distraught about the death?
4. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
5. What is a kitchen symbolic of in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eriko's funeral.
2. Why does Mikage agree to move in with the Tanabe family?
3. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
4. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
5. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
6. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
7. What events in Satsuki's life foreshadow Hitoshi's death?
8. Describe the will that Eriko leaves behind.
9. What do the bridge and river represent in this story?
10. How does Urara obtain Satsuki's phone number?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)