|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(d) Warm milk.
2. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(c) Cucumber salad.
3. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
4. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
(a) New family connections.
(b) Exact opposite dreams.
(c) Loss of another family member.
(d) The same dream.
5. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In America.
(c) On vacation.
(d) In a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuichi want Mikage to make using the item he brings home?
2. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
3. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
4. Who slaps Yuichi?
5. In whose kitchen does Mikage's dream take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
2. What do the bridge and river represent in this story?
3. Describe the relationship that Hitoshi and Satsuki shared before Hitoshi's death?
4. How is sexual ambiguity explored in the first chapter?
5. At what point is Mikage at peace for the first time since her grandmother's death? Why?
6. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
7. What lifts Mikage's spirit when she is crying? Why?
8. How does Mikage know Yuichi before they become housemates?
9. Describe the first moment that Mikage realizes that she loves Yuichi.
10. Describe the will that Eriko leaves behind.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)