|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The words he uses.
(b) The look in his eyes.
(c) The tone he uses.
(d) His body language.
2. Who slaps Yuichi?
(a) Mikage's ex-boyfriend.
(b) His girlfriend.
3. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
4. Who seems most distraught about the death?
5. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend and another girl.
(b) Yuichi and his girlfriend.
(c) Eriko walking alone.
(d) A child with their grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
2. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
3. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
4. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
5. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eriko want Mikage to live with her and Yuichi?
2. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
3. Describe the first moment that Mikage realizes that she loves Yuichi.
4. Describe Mikage's encounter with her previous landlord.
5. What do the bridge and river represent in this story?
6. What does Hiiragi do that embarrasses Satsuki when they meet for the first time in the story?
7. How does Satsuki feel at the intersection where the car accident occurs?
8. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
9. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
10. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)