|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The words he uses.
(b) The tone he uses.
(c) His body language.
(d) The look in his eyes.
2. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
3. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
4. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
5. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
(a) New family connections.
(b) Loss of another family member.
(c) Exact opposite dreams.
(d) The same dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
2. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
3. Who slaps Yuichi?
4. What does Mikage worry about in her dream?
5. Where are Mikage's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that makes Mikage jealous?
2. Describe Satsuki's first meeting with Urara.
3. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
4. Describe the relationship that Hitoshi and Satsuki shared before Hitoshi's death?
5. At what point is Mikage at peace for the first time since her grandmother's death? Why?
6. Why does Okuno visit Mikage?
7. What role do supernatural elements play in the story?
8. What stuns Mikage about Eriko?
9. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
10. What role does the kitchen play in Mikage's life before she moves in with the Tanabe family?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)