|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
(a) They have trouble communicating.
(b) They are constantly working.
(c) Their eccentricities.
(d) They fear one another.
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) The sound of a kitchen.
(b) Eriko's gift.
(c) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
(d) Yuichi joking.
4. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) They both lose family.
(b) She does not need him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is related to him.
5. Who seems most distraught about the death?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
2. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
3. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
4. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
5. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
2. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
3. Describe the process in which Yuji becomes Eriko.
4. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
5. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
6. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
7. Describe Eriko's death.
8. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
9. Why does Mikage decide she wants to move out? Why doesn't she?
10. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)