|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
(a) Scrubbing the sink.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Mopping the floor.
(d) Cleaning out the refrigerator.
3. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) On the bus.
(c) At the park.
(d) In a taxi.
4. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) The sound of a kitchen.
(b) Yuichi joking.
(c) Eriko's gift.
(d) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
5. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) The apartment's view.
(b) Eriko's job.
(c) The cleanliness of the kitchen.
(d) Eriko's beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
2. What is Eriko's former name?
3. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
4. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
5. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mikage agree to move in with the Tanabe family?
2. Describe Mikage's encounter with her previous landlord.
3. Why does Eriko want Mikage to live with her and Yuichi?
4. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
5. Why does Yuichi drink so much at his dinner with Mikage?
6. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
7. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
8. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
9. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
10. What stuns Mikage about Eriko?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)