|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the most major theme in the first chapter?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(a) Cucumber salad.
4. Who seems most distraught about the death?
5. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) Each stage in Mikage's life.
(b) The houses that Mikage live in.
(c) The people Mikage meets.
(d) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
2. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
3. What is Eriko's former name?
4. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
5. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship that Hitoshi and Satsuki shared before Hitoshi's death?
2. Describe the apparition that Satsuki sees on the bridge.
3. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
4. Describe the first moment that Mikage realizes that she loves Yuichi.
5. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
6. What is it that makes Mikage jealous?
7. What is Mikage's saddest memory of Eriko?
8. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
9. What events in Satsuki's life foreshadow Hitoshi's death?
10. How is sexual ambiguity explored in the first chapter?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)