|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
2. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
(a) The kitchen dream.
(b) Talking to Eriko.
(c) Cooking for Yuichi.
(d) Talking to Sotaro.
3. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
(a) Yuichi getting slapped.
(b) Mikage riding on the bus.
(c) Eriko's transformation.
(d) Mikage arriving at the Tanabe home.
4. What is the name of Yuichi's mother?
5. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(b) Warm milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
2. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
3. Where does Eriko work?
4. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
5. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
2. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
3. What begins to lift Mikage's spirits once she establishes herself in the Tanabe household?
4. What is Mikage's saddest memory of Eriko?
5. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
6. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
7. Describe Mikage's dream.
8. Describe Mikage's encounter with her previous landlord.
9. Describe the relationship that Hitoshi and Satsuki shared before Hitoshi's death?
10. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)