|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Yuichi's mother?
2. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
(b) Flower shop.
(c) Book shop.
(d) Shoe store.
3. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
(a) He meets her at church.
(b) They work together.
(c) He helps carry her grandmother's stuff home.
(d) They go to school together.
4. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(a) Warm milk.
5. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The words he uses.
(b) His body language.
(c) The tone he uses.
(d) The look in his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
4. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
5. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first moment that Mikage realizes that she loves Yuichi.
2. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
3. Why does Mikage agree to move in with the Tanabe family?
4. Describe Mikage's encounter with her previous landlord.
5. Describe the tone of Part Two.
6. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
7. Does Sotaro still have feelings for Mikage? Why or why not? Does Mikage still have feelings for Sotaro?
8. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
9. How does Satsuki feel at the intersection where the car accident occurs?
10. At what point is Mikage at peace for the first time since her grandmother's death? Why?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)