|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
(a) A word processor.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A juicer.
2. What is a kitchen symbolic of in the first chapter?
3. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
4. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(c) Warm milk.
5. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
(a) Coffee shop.
(c) Flower store.
(d) Old apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
2. Where are Mikage's parents?
3. What is the name of Yuichi's mother?
4. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
5. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mikage to cry on the bus?
2. Does Sotaro still have feelings for Mikage? Why or why not? Does Mikage still have feelings for Sotaro?
3. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
4. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
5. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
6. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
7. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
8. Why does Mikage agree to travel to the Izu Peninsula?
9. Describe the daydream that Mikage has after her dinner with Yuichi.
10. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)