|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) On the bus.
(c) At the park.
(d) In a taxi.
2. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) Yuichi's girlfriend.
(c) Grandma's grave.
(d) The landlord.
3. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In America.
(b) On vacation.
(c) In a nursing home.
4. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
(a) The hum of the refrigerator.
(b) The breeze from the kitchen window.
(c) The crunching of the ice maker.
(d) The drip of the leaky faucet.
5. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
5. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
2. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
3. Describe Eriko's death.
4. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
5. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
6. Describe the will that Eriko leaves behind.
7. Why does Satsuki have such a busy schedule?
8. Describe Mikage's dream.
9. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
10. Describe Mikage's encounter with her previous landlord.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)