|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
(a) The kitchen dream.
(b) Talking to Sotaro.
(c) Talking to Eriko.
(d) Cooking for Yuichi.
2. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
3. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) Eriko's beauty.
(b) The cleanliness of the kitchen.
(c) Eriko's job.
(d) The apartment's view.
4. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
(a) They fear one another.
(b) They are constantly working.
(c) Their eccentricities.
(d) They have trouble communicating.
5. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
(a) Flower shop.
(c) Shoe store.
(d) Book shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yuichi get slapped?
2. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
3. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
4. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
5. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point is Mikage at peace for the first time since her grandmother's death? Why?
2. What does Hiiragi do that embarrasses Satsuki when they meet for the first time in the story?
3. What role does the kitchen play in Mikage's life before she moves in with the Tanabe family?
4. What role do the seasons play in Part Two?
5. What tone does the author use in Part Three of the book? How does the tone used in Part Three compare to the tones in the previous parts?
6. Describe Eriko's funeral.
7. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
8. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
9. Why does Hiiragi wear the women's uniform?
10. Describe the will that Eriko leaves behind.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)