Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She is related to him.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She does not need him.
(d) They both lose family.
2. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
(a) Growth and success.
(b) Destiny and spirituality.
(c) Harmony and success.
(d) Destiny and anxiety.
3. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
4. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The park.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
5. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) On vacation.
(d) In America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
2. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
3. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
4. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
5. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hiiragi wear the women's uniform?
2. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
3. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
4. Describe Eriko's funeral.
5. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
6. What role does the kitchen play in Mikage's life before she moves in with the Tanabe family?
7. Describe Satsuki's first meeting with Urara.
8. Which characters in Part Two are running from the past? How?
9. Based on Mikage visiting Yuichi at the inn, what predictions can the reader make for their relationship?
10. How does Mikage know Yuichi before they become housemates?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)