|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
2. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
3. What does Mikage make for the Tanabe family?
(a) Cucumber salad and rice with eggs.
(b) Chicken salad and rice.
(c) Carrot salad and noodles with eggs.
(d) Broccoli and rice with eggs.
4. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
(b) The kitchen.
5. What is Mikage's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
2. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
3. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
4. What is the name of Yuichi's mother?
5. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
2. What causes Mikage to cry on the bus?
3. At what point is Mikage at peace for the first time since her grandmother's death? Why?
4. Describe Mikage's encounter with Chika.
5. How does Mikage know Yuichi before they become housemates?
6. How does Part Three have a dream-like quality?
7. What is it that Satsuki must not do on the bridge during the event? Why?
8. Why does Satsuki have such a busy schedule?
9. How is the Tanabe family good for Mikage?
10. Why does Mikage decide she wants to move out? Why doesn't she?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)