|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The words he uses.
(b) The tone he uses.
(c) The look in his eyes.
(d) His body language.
2. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) In a taxi.
(b) At the coffee shop.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At the park.
3. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She does not need him.
(c) They both lose family.
(d) She is related to him.
4. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A juicer.
(d) A word processor.
5. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slaps Yuichi?
2. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
5. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Satsuki have such a busy schedule?
2. Describe the dreams that Satsuki has about Hitoshi.
3. Describe the will that Eriko leaves behind.
4. What role does the kitchen play in Mikage's life before she moves in with the Tanabe family?
5. What begins to lift Mikage's spirits once she establishes herself in the Tanabe household?
6. How is the Tanabe family good for Mikage?
7. Describe the major themes in Chapter One.
8. Describe Eriko's death.
9. How does Urara obtain Satsuki's phone number?
10. Describe Mikage's last encounter with Eriko before her death.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)