|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In America.
(b) On vacation.
(d) In a nursing home.
2. Where does Eriko work?
(a) A club.
(b) A flower store.
(c) The library.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
4. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Grandma's grave.
(c) Yuichi's girlfriend.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
5. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
2. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
3. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
4. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
5. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
2. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
3. Describe Eriko's funeral.
4. Describe the major themes in Chapter One.
5. Describe the apparition that Satsuki sees on the bridge.
6. Does Sotaro still have feelings for Mikage? Why or why not? Does Mikage still have feelings for Sotaro?
7. Describe the first moment that Mikage realizes that she loves Yuichi.
8. Describe the apparition that Hiiragi sees.
9. Describe the daydream that Mikage has after her dinner with Yuichi.
10. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)