|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
(a) Destiny and spirituality.
(b) Destiny and anxiety.
(c) Harmony and success.
(d) Growth and success.
2. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
(a) Whether or not to order take-out.
(b) Whether or not to remodel.
(c) Whether she goes to school or not.
(d) Whether or not to get plastic surgery again.
3. In whose kitchen does Mikage's dream take place?
(d) Her grandmother's.
4. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The park.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bookstore.
5. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
(a) 7 A.M.
(b) 10 P.M.
(c) 7 P.M.
(d) 4 P.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
2. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
3. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
4. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
5. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Satsuki coping with Hitoshi's death?
2. Why does Mikage decide she wants to move out? Why doesn't she?
3. Describe the relationship that Hitoshi and Satsuki shared before Hitoshi's death?
4. What causes Mikage to cry on the bus?
5. How is sexual ambiguity explored in the first chapter?
6. What is Mikage's reaction to hearing of Eriko's death?
7. Describe Satsuki's first meeting with Urara.
8. Based on Mikage visiting Yuichi at the inn, what predictions can the reader make for their relationship?
9. What role do supernatural elements play in the story?
10. Why doesn't Satsuki greet Hiiragi when she sees him walking on the street without the uniform?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)