|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
(a) Her sister.
(b) She has none.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her cousin and her aunt.
2. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
(a) The flower store.
(b) To get some tea.
(c) A ramen stand.
(d) The book store.
3. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The look in his eyes.
(b) The words he uses.
(c) His body language.
(d) The tone he uses.
4. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
(a) Whether or not to get plastic surgery again.
(b) Whether or not to remodel.
(c) Whether she goes to school or not.
(d) Whether or not to order take-out.
5. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
2. What does Mikage make for the Tanabe family?
3. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
4. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
5. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eriko want Mikage to live with her and Yuichi?
2. Describe the daydream that Mikage has after her dinner with Yuichi.
3. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
4. Describe Mikage's dream.
5. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
6. Which characters in Part Two are running from the past? How?
7. What begins to lift Mikage's spirits once she establishes herself in the Tanabe household?
8. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
9. In what ways does Mikage cope with the loss of her grandmother?
10. Why does Hiiragi wear the women's uniform?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)