|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
(a) A ramen stand.
(b) The flower store.
(c) To get some tea.
(d) The book store.
2. What does Mikage make for the Tanabe family?
(a) Carrot salad and noodles with eggs.
(b) Broccoli and rice with eggs.
(c) Cucumber salad and rice with eggs.
(d) Chicken salad and rice.
3. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
(a) The drip of the leaky faucet.
(b) The hum of the refrigerator.
(c) The crunching of the ice maker.
(d) The breeze from the kitchen window.
4. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(c) Cucumber salad.
5. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) Eriko's gift.
(b) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
(c) The sound of a kitchen.
(d) Yuichi joking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
2. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
3. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
4. What is Eriko's former name?
5. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tone of Part Two.
2. How is sexual ambiguity explored in the first chapter?
3. Describe Mikage's dream.
4. Describe Eriko's death.
5. What stuns Mikage about Eriko?
6. Describe Mikage's meeting with Sotaro.
7. Why does Mikage bring food to Yuichi at night?
8. Why doesn't Mikage want to sleep the first day that she spends at Yuichi's home?
9. Why is the crying scene so pivotal in the book?
10. What does Satsuki hope to see on the bridge during the special event?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)