|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yuichi falls asleep after dinner, what does Mikage do?
(a) Sweeps the kitchen.
(c) Looks at photo albums.
(d) Washes dishes.
2. How does Mikage feel about Nori and Kuri?
(a) She is often hurt by the way they look at her.
(b) She is jealous of them.
(c) She likes them.
(d) She thinks they are too bossy.
3. What does Mikage cut when she tries to get into Yuichi's room?
4. When does Mikage learn to cook?
(a) Last spring.
(b) Last fall.
(c) Last winter.
(d) Last summer.
5. Where does Mikage last see Eriko?
6. In what time of year is Eriko killed?
7. How does Eriko's wife die?
8. How does the tone change in Chapter Two?
(a) From somber to despair.
(b) From somber to hopeful.
(c) From anxious to hopeful.
(d) From hopeful to somber.
9. Who does Yuichi ask to go out on a date with him as a result of Eriko's death?
10. What color is the telephone that Mikage uses at the eatery?
11. How long does Mikage spend cooking for Yuichi her first day back at his home?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
12. Who kills Eriko?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) A thief.
(c) A man who is obsessed with her.
(d) A man driving a car.
13. Who consoles Mikage after Okuno confronts her?
(b) A grandmotherly lady.
(d) Kuri and Nori.
14. Where does Eriko work when she is killed?
(a) A school.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A gay bar.
(d) A hospital.
15. What wakes up Mikage the morning after she makes dinner for Yuichi?
(a) A cartoon on television.
(b) A buzzing alarm.
(c) Yuichi's laughter.
(d) A phone ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mikage travel to Isehara?
2. Who does Mikage call from the eatery?
3. What represents a new beginning for Mikage in Chapter Two?
4. What is Mikage's job?
5. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)