|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant does Eriko buy for his wife before she dies?
(a) A banana tree.
(b) An orchid.
(c) A pineapple plant.
(d) An apple tree.
2. Who does Eriko leave the club to?
3. What does Mikage do in the Tanabe kitchen when Yuichi is gone?
(d) Clean it.
4. What food does Mikage make when she comes home from work, after being confronted by Okuno?
(c) Cucumber salad.
5. Where does Mikage walk after the banquet?
(a) Eriko's club.
(b) The beach.
(c) The book store.
(d) Yuichi's inn.
6. Why doesn't Mikage want to go to sleep?
(a) She has nowhere to sleep.
(b) Sleep is a waste of time for her.
(c) She does not want to have bad dreams.
(d) She has too much work to do.
7. What causes Mikage to feel jealousy when she and Yuichi go out together for the first time?
(a) Yuichi opening the car door for her.
(b) Okuno coming to visit.
(c) Yuichi making dinner.
(d) Yuichi inviting Okuno to go out with them.
8. When Mikage spends her first night at Yuichi's home after Eriko dies, what does Yuichi give to her before he goes to bed?
(a) Eriko's will.
(b) A ring.
(c) A picture of Eriko.
(d) A note from Eriko.
9. Who does Mikage call from the eatery?
10. Which of the following is a major theme throughout Chapter Two?
(a) Heavy romance.
(b) Sexual ambiguity.
11. When does Mikage learn to cook?
(a) Last winter.
(b) Last summer.
(c) Last fall.
(d) Last spring.
12. Where does Mikage ask Yuichi to go before she fulfills his request?
(a) Book store.
(d) Grocery store.
13. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
14. How does Mikage travel to Isehara?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By bike.
(c) By bus.
(d) She jogs.
15. Who kills Eriko?
(a) A thief.
(b) A man who is obsessed with her.
(c) A man driving a car.
(d) A co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used to kill Eriko?
2. Who is Okuno?
3. What type of food does Mikage sample on her last day of travel?
4. Which word best describes Mikage's feelings when she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
5. What wish does Mikage have when she is in Izu Peninsula and thinking to herself?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)