|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mikage when she first believes she is in love?
(b) Yuichi's inn.
(c) Her own kitchen.
(d) The beach.
2. Who calls Mikage after the banquet?
3. Why doesn't Mikage want to go to sleep?
(a) She does not want to have bad dreams.
(b) She has nowhere to sleep.
(c) She has too much work to do.
(d) Sleep is a waste of time for her.
4. How long does Mikage plan to be gone when she travels?
(a) Two nights.
(b) One night.
(c) Three nights.
(d) One week.
5. How does Mikage feel about Nori and Kuri?
(a) She is often hurt by the way they look at her.
(b) She thinks they are too bossy.
(c) She is jealous of them.
(d) She likes them.
6. Why does Mikage's boss want Mikage to travel with them?
(a) To take cooking classes.
(b) For research purposes.
(c) To promote cooking classes.
(d) More opportunities to make money.
7. What causes Mikage to feel jealousy when she and Yuichi go out together for the first time?
(a) Yuichi opening the car door for her.
(b) Okuno coming to visit.
(c) Yuichi making dinner.
(d) Yuichi inviting Okuno to go out with them.
8. Where do Nori and Kuri work?
(c) Law office.
(d) Cooking school.
9. What is represented by Yuichi staying at the inn?
(a) That he loves Mikage.
(b) His mood towards death.
(c) He is running away from his problems.
(d) That he is avoiding death.
10. What time does Mikage arrive at Yuichi's inn?
(a) 12 P.M.
(b) 6 A.M.
(c) 12 A.M.
(d) 6 P.M.
11. How long does Mikage live with Eriko and Yuichi?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
12. What does Mikage feel when she is in the elevator with Yuichi?
(a) That she is madly in love with Yuichi.
(b) That she only needs Yuichi to be happy.
(c) That she needs to make a clean break from Yuichi.
(d) That life never is the same without Eriko.
13. What does Yuichi receive when Eriko dies?
(a) A ring.
(c) Everything except the club.
(d) Everything Eriko owns.
14. What wakes up Mikage the morning after she makes dinner for Yuichi?
(a) A buzzing alarm.
(b) Yuichi's laughter.
(c) A cartoon on television.
(d) A phone ringing.
15. Who does Eriko leave the club to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a major theme throughout Chapter Two?
2. When Yuichi falls asleep after dinner, what does Mikage do?
3. What does Yuichi ask Mikage for the day after she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
4. What plant does Eriko buy for his wife before she dies?
5. What season is it when Mikage learns that Eriko is killed?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)