|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
2. What color is the telephone that Mikage uses at the eatery?
3. How long does Mikage live with Eriko and Yuichi?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
4. How does Mikage travel to Isehara?
(a) By bike.
(b) She jogs.
(c) By bus.
(d) By taxi.
5. What does Yuichi become during her and Mikage's dinner together?
6. Which of the following is a major theme throughout Chapter Two?
(b) Heavy romance.
(d) Sexual ambiguity.
7. What does Mikage feel when she is in the elevator with Yuichi?
(a) That life never is the same without Eriko.
(b) That she is madly in love with Yuichi.
(c) That she only needs Yuichi to be happy.
(d) That she needs to make a clean break from Yuichi.
8. Where does Mikage last see Eriko?
9. What wish does Mikage have when she is in Izu Peninsula and thinking to herself?
(a) That she is a better chef.
(b) That she starts a family with Yuichi.
(c) That she spends her life traveling.
(d) That she sees Eriko one more time.
10. How does the tone change in Chapter Two?
(a) From somber to despair.
(b) From somber to hopeful.
(c) From hopeful to somber.
(d) From anxious to hopeful.
11. Where does Mikage ask Yuichi to go before she fulfills his request?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Book store.
12. Who consoles Mikage after Okuno confronts her?
(b) Kuri and Nori.
(c) A grandmotherly lady.
13. Chika tells Mikage to go after Yuichi to a specific location. Where does Yuichi go?
(a) An inn.
(b) A club.
(d) A restaurant.
14. Where does Mikage sleep when she returns to the Tanabe home?
(a) The kitchen floor.
(b) Eriko's bed.
(c) The sofa.
(d) A futon in Yuichi's room.
15. Which word best describes Mikage's feelings when she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Nori and Kuri work?
2. Who teaches Mikage to cook?
3. Who does Yuichi ask to go out on a date with him as a result of Eriko's death?
4. Who does Mikage call from the eatery?
5. Who is Okuno?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)