|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What represents a new beginning for Mikage in Chapter Two?
(a) Eating at the banquet.
(b) Riding in the elevator with Yuichi.
(c) Eriko's death.
(d) Cleaning the kitchen.
2. When does Mikage learn to cook?
(a) Last summer.
(b) Last winter.
(c) Last spring.
(d) Last fall.
3. Who kills Eriko?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) A thief.
(c) A man who is obsessed with her.
(d) A man driving a car.
4. Where does Mikage ask Yuichi to go before she fulfills his request?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Book store.
5. Who does Yuichi ask to go out on a date with him as a result of Eriko's death?
6. What does Yuichi ask Mikage for the day after she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
(b) For a photo of Mikage and Eriko together.
(c) To make dinner.
(d) To write a letter.
7. How does Mikage learn about Eriko's death?
(a) Yuichi calls her and tells her about it.
(b) She reads about it online.
(c) Eriko's former co-worker tells her about it.
(d) She reads a newspaper obituary.
8. Why does Mikage's boss want Mikage to travel with them?
(a) To take cooking classes.
(b) To promote cooking classes.
(c) More opportunities to make money.
(d) For research purposes.
9. Who is Okuno?
(a) Yuichi's classmate.
(b) Yuichi's girlfriend.
(c) Eriko's friend.
(d) Mikage's former co-worker.
10. How does Eriko's wife die?
11. What plant does Eriko buy for his wife before she dies?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A banana tree.
(c) An orchid.
(d) A pineapple plant.
12. Where does Mikage walk after the banquet?
(a) The beach.
(b) Eriko's club.
(c) Yuichi's inn.
(d) The book store.
13. What causes Mikage to feel jealousy when she and Yuichi go out together for the first time?
(a) Yuichi inviting Okuno to go out with them.
(b) Yuichi opening the car door for her.
(c) Yuichi making dinner.
(d) Okuno coming to visit.
14. How long does Mikage live with Eriko and Yuichi?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
15. Why doesn't Mikage want to go to sleep?
(a) She has too much work to do.
(b) She has nowhere to sleep.
(c) Sleep is a waste of time for her.
(d) She does not want to have bad dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wish does Mikage have when she is in Izu Peninsula and thinking to herself?
2. Which word best describes Mikage's feelings when she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
3. What does Mikage cut when she tries to get into Yuichi's room?
4. What time does Mikage arrive at Yuichi's inn?
5. What does Mikage feel when she is in the elevator with Yuichi?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)