|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mikage learn about Eriko's death?
(a) Eriko's former co-worker tells her about it.
(b) Yuichi calls her and tells her about it.
(c) She reads about it online.
(d) She reads a newspaper obituary.
2. How does Mikage travel to Isehara?
(a) By bus.
(b) By taxi.
(c) She jogs.
(d) By bike.
3. Who is Okuno?
(a) Yuichi's classmate.
(b) Mikage's former co-worker.
(c) Yuichi's girlfriend.
(d) Eriko's friend.
4. What type of food does Mikage sample on her last day of travel?
5. What time does Okuno visit Mikage?
(a) 2 P.M.
(b) 12 P.M.
(c) 3 A.M.
(d) 6 P.M.
6. Who teaches Mikage to cook?
7. In what time of year is Eriko killed?
8. Where is Yuichi when he calls Mikage?
(a) Izu Peninsula.
9. What does Yuichi ask Mikage for the day after she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
(a) To write a letter.
(c) For a photo of Mikage and Eriko together.
(d) To make dinner.
10. What does Mikage do in the Tanabe kitchen when Yuichi is gone?
(d) Clean it.
11. Which word best describes Mikage's feelings when she spends the night at the Tanabe home?
12. Where does Mikage ask Yuichi to go before she fulfills his request?
(a) Grocery store.
(d) Book store.
13. How does the tone change in Chapter Two?
(a) From somber to hopeful.
(b) From anxious to hopeful.
(c) From hopeful to somber.
(d) From somber to despair.
14. What weapon is used to kill Eriko?
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A car.
15. What is represented by Yuichi staying at the inn?
(a) His mood towards death.
(b) That he is avoiding death.
(c) That he loves Mikage.
(d) He is running away from his problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
2. What is Mikage's job?
3. What wakes up Mikage the morning after she makes dinner for Yuichi?
4. Where does Mikage walk after the banquet?
5. Where do Nori and Kuri work?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)