|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Eriko?
(a) A man driving a car.
(b) A man who is obsessed with her.
(c) A thief.
(d) A co-worker.
2. Where does Eriko work when she is killed?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A gay bar.
3. When does Mikage learn to cook?
(a) Last winter.
(b) Last fall.
(c) Last summer.
(d) Last spring.
4. What floor of the inn is Yuichi's room on?
5. What does Mikage do in the Tanabe kitchen when Yuichi is gone?
(d) Clean it.
6. What leads to Eriko's decision to become a woman?
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) The birth of Yuichi.
(d) Eriko's friends encourages it.
7. What color is the telephone that Mikage uses at the eatery?
8. What plant does Eriko buy for his wife before she dies?
(a) A banana tree.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) An orchid.
(d) A pineapple plant.
9. What weapon is used to kill Eriko?
(b) A car.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
10. The first time that Mikage and Yuichi go out together, where do they go?
(a) A club.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A book store.
(d) A cafe.
11. Who consoles Mikage after Okuno confronts her?
(c) Kuri and Nori.
(d) A grandmotherly lady.
12. What does Yuichi become during her and Mikage's dinner together?
13. What season is it when Mikage learns that Eriko is killed?
14. Once inside Yuichi's room, what does Mikage feel?
(b) Destined to be there.
(c) A sense of foreboding.
15. What food does Mikage make when she comes home from work, after being confronted by Okuno?
(a) Cucumber salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mikage spends her first night at Yuichi's home after Eriko dies, what does Yuichi give to her before he goes to bed?
2. How does Mikage learn about Eriko's death?
3. Who is Okuno?
4. Which of the following is a major theme throughout Chapter Two?
5. Why doesn't Mikage want to go to sleep?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)