|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
(a) Time spent apart for Yuichi and Mikage.
(b) That Mikage and Yuichi are meant to be together.
(c) More loss for both Yuichi and Mikage.
(d) An upcoming change.
2. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The park.
(d) The kitchen.
4. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
(a) A ramen stand.
(b) The flower store.
(c) The book store.
(d) To get some tea.
5. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
(b) The people Mikage meets.
(c) The houses that Mikage live in.
(d) Each stage in Mikage's life.
6. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
(a) Drinks tea.
(b) Wakes Yuichi.
(d) Drinks water.
7. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
(b) The sound of a kitchen.
(c) Eriko's gift.
(d) Yuichi joking.
8. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
(a) Destiny and spirituality.
(b) Destiny and anxiety.
(c) Harmony and success.
(d) Growth and success.
9. Why does Yuichi get slapped?
(a) For being lazy.
(b) For living with Mikage.
(c) For quitting his job.
(d) For insulting Eriko.
10. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(b) The typewriter.
(c) Their kitchen.
(d) The view.
11. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) Eriko's job.
(b) Eriko's beauty.
(c) The apartment's view.
(d) The cleanliness of the kitchen.
12. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She is related to him.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She does not need him.
(d) They both lose family.
13. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) At the park.
(d) On the bus.
14. In whose kitchen does Mikage's dream take place?
(b) Her grandmother's.
15. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
2. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
3. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
4. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
5. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)