|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bridge.
(c) Grandma's bedroom.
(d) The Tanabe's home.
2. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
3. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her aunt and uncle.
(c) She has none.
(d) Her cousin and her aunt.
4. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
5. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A word processor.
(b) A new blender.
(c) A television.
(d) A typewriter.
6. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(b) Cucumber salad.
7. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
8. Where does Eriko work?
(a) A club.
(b) A flower store.
(c) The library.
(d) A restaurant.
9. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
10. Who seems most distraught about the death?
11. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The park.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
12. Where does Mikage hide to cry?
(a) In a church.
(b) An alley.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In her old apartment.
13. Who slaps Yuichi?
(b) Mikage's ex-boyfriend.
(d) His girlfriend.
14. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) The houses that Mikage live in.
(b) The people Mikage meets.
(c) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
(d) Each stage in Mikage's life.
15. What is Mikage's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
2. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
3. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
4. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
5. What is Eriko's former name?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)