Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She is related to him.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She does not need him.
(d) They both lose family.
2. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
(a) Growth and success.
(b) Destiny and spirituality.
(c) Harmony and success.
(d) Destiny and anxiety.
3. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
4. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The park.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
5. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) On vacation.
(d) In America.
6. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
(a) An upcoming change.
(b) That Mikage and Yuichi are meant to be together.
(c) More loss for both Yuichi and Mikage.
(d) Time spent apart for Yuichi and Mikage.
7. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Mopping the floor.
(c) Cleaning out the refrigerator.
(d) Scrubbing the sink.
8. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
9. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
(a) Whether or not to remodel.
(b) Whether or not to order take-out.
(c) Whether or not to get plastic surgery again.
(d) Whether she goes to school or not.
10. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
11. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
12. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(b) Their kitchen.
(c) The view.
(d) The typewriter.
13. What does Mikage make for the Tanabe family?
(a) Cucumber salad and rice with eggs.
(b) Broccoli and rice with eggs.
(c) Carrot salad and noodles with eggs.
(d) Chicken salad and rice.
14. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) The cleanliness of the kitchen.
(b) Eriko's beauty.
(c) Eriko's job.
(d) The apartment's view.
15. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
(a) Mikage riding on the bus.
(b) Eriko's transformation.
(c) Mikage arriving at the Tanabe home.
(d) Yuichi getting slapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mikage wake up after her dream?
2. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
3. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
4. What is Eriko's former name?
5. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)