|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
(a) Wakes Yuichi.
(b) Drinks water.
(d) Drinks tea.
2. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
(a) An upcoming change.
(b) Time spent apart for Yuichi and Mikage.
(c) More loss for both Yuichi and Mikage.
(d) That Mikage and Yuichi are meant to be together.
3. What is Mikage's last name?
4. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
(a) A word processor.
(b) A juicer.
(c) A typewriter.
5. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
(b) Eriko's gift.
(c) The sound of a kitchen.
(d) Yuichi joking.
6. What is Eriko's former name?
7. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
(a) Talking to Sotaro.
(b) The kitchen dream.
(c) Cooking for Yuichi.
(d) Talking to Eriko.
8. Where does Mikage hide to cry?
(a) In a church.
(b) An alley.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In her old apartment.
9. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(b) The view.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) Their kitchen.
10. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
(a) The kitchen.
11. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
12. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
13. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
(a) They have trouble communicating.
(b) They fear one another.
(c) They are constantly working.
(d) Their eccentricities.
14. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A new blender.
(b) A television.
(c) A word processor.
(d) A typewriter.
15. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The park.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
2. What keeps Mikage from thinking of her loneliness at night?
3. What is there plenty more of in Mikage's life?
4. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
5. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)