|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there plenty more of in Mikage's life?
2. What does Mikage worry about in her dream?
(a) That they wake up her grandmother.
(b) That they make a huge mess.
(c) That Yuichi's girlfriend is angry.
(d) That they wake up Eriko.
3. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
4. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A television.
(b) A new blender.
(c) A word processor.
(d) A typewriter.
5. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) The houses that Mikage live in.
(b) Each stage in Mikage's life.
(c) The people Mikage meets.
(d) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
6. What is Eriko's former name?
7. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(c) Warm milk.
8. What is a kitchen symbolic of in the first chapter?
9. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
(a) Old apartment.
(b) Flower store.
(d) Coffee shop.
10. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
11. What is Mikage's last name?
12. What time does Mikage wake up after her dream?
(a) 7 A.M.
(b) 12 A.M.
(c) 2 A.M.
(d) 4 A.M.
13. Where does Eriko work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A club.
(c) A flower store.
(d) The library.
14. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
15. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A juicer.
(d) A word processor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
2. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
3. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
4. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
5. What does Yuichi want Mikage to make using the item he brings home?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)