|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
(c) The kitchen.
2. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) The people Mikage meets.
(b) Each stage in Mikage's life.
(c) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
(d) The houses that Mikage live in.
3. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She is related to him.
(b) She does not need him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) They both lose family.
4. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Yuichi's girlfriend.
(d) Grandma's grave.
5. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
6. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
7. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(b) Their kitchen.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The view.
8. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
(a) Flower shop.
(b) Book shop.
(c) Shoe store.
9. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
(a) They work together.
(b) He helps carry her grandmother's stuff home.
(c) He meets her at church.
(d) They go to school together.
10. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her grandfather.
11. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
12. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
(a) Wiping the counters.
(b) Cleaning the refrigerator.
(c) Cleaning the floor.
(d) Washing dishes.
13. What does Yuichi want Mikage to make using the item he brings home?
(a) Change of address cards.
(d) Short stories.
14. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
15. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Mopping the floor.
(c) Scrubbing the sink.
(d) Cleaning out the refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
2. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
5. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)