|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(c) Cucumber salad.
2. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The Tanabe's home.
(d) Grandma's bedroom.
3. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) Their kitchen.
(c) The view.
(d) The typewriter.
4. In whose kitchen does Mikage's dream take place?
(c) Her grandmother's.
5. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
6. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) At the park.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In a taxi.
(d) At the coffee shop.
7. Who slaps Yuichi?
(c) Mikage's ex-boyfriend.
(d) His girlfriend.
8. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A word processor.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A television.
(d) A new blender.
9. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
10. What is Mikage's last name?
11. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
(a) Mikage arriving at the Tanabe home.
(b) Yuichi getting slapped.
(c) Eriko's transformation.
(d) Mikage riding on the bus.
12. What does Mikage make for the Tanabe family?
(a) Broccoli and rice with eggs.
(b) Cucumber salad and rice with eggs.
(c) Chicken salad and rice.
(d) Carrot salad and noodles with eggs.
13. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
(a) The kitchen.
14. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) They both lose family.
(b) She is related to him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She does not need him.
15. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) The houses that Mikage live in.
(b) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
(c) Each stage in Mikage's life.
(d) The people Mikage meets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
2. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
3. What time does Mikage wake up after her dream?
4. Where does Eriko work?
5. What does Yuichi want Mikage to make using the item he brings home?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)