|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems most distraught about the death?
2. Which of the following is the most major theme in the first chapter?
3. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
4. What is a kitchen symbolic of in the first chapter?
5. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
6. What is there plenty more of in Mikage's life?
7. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
8. Where does Eriko work?
(a) A flower store.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The library.
(d) A club.
9. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
(a) Eriko walking alone.
(b) Yuichi and his girlfriend.
(c) A child with their grandmother.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend and another girl.
10. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
(a) New family connections.
(b) The same dream.
(c) Loss of another family member.
(d) Exact opposite dreams.
11. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A new blender.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A word processor.
(d) A television.
12. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
(a) She has none.
(b) Her cousin and her aunt.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her sister.
13. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her sister.
14. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The words he uses.
(b) His body language.
(c) The look in his eyes.
(d) The tone he uses.
15. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
4. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
5. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)