|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
(a) The people Mikage meets.
(b) The deaths that Mikage deals with.
(c) The houses that Mikage live in.
(d) Each stage in Mikage's life.
2. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
(a) Mopping the floor.
(b) Cleaning out the refrigerator.
(c) Scrubbing the sink.
(d) Washing dishes.
3. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
(a) A child with their grandmother.
(b) Eriko walking alone.
(c) Yuichi and his girlfriend.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend and another girl.
4. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
(a) Growth and success.
(b) Destiny and anxiety.
(c) Harmony and success.
(d) Destiny and spirituality.
5. What is Mikage's last name?
6. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) The apartment's view.
(b) Eriko's beauty.
(c) Eriko's job.
(d) The cleanliness of the kitchen.
7. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) On vacation.
(c) In America.
(d) In a nursing home.
8. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
9. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
(a) Coffee shop.
(c) Old apartment.
(d) Flower store.
10. What is Eriko's former name?
11. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
(a) Eriko's transformation.
(b) Mikage arriving at the Tanabe home.
(c) Yuichi getting slapped.
(d) Mikage riding on the bus.
12. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
(a) That Mikage and Yuichi are meant to be together.
(b) More loss for both Yuichi and Mikage.
(c) An upcoming change.
(d) Time spent apart for Yuichi and Mikage.
13. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(b) Warm milk.
14. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
(a) A new blender.
(b) A word processor.
(c) A television.
(d) A typewriter.
15. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
2. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
3. Which character is sexually ambiguous?
4. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
5. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)