|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(d) Warm milk.
2. What is the name of Yuichi's mother?
3. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
(b) Wakes Yuichi.
(c) Drinks water.
(d) Drinks tea.
4. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
5. What is a kitchen symbolic of in the first chapter?
6. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) His body language.
(b) The look in his eyes.
(c) The tone he uses.
(d) The words he uses.
7. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) At the coffee shop.
(d) At the park.
8. Who slaps Yuichi?
(a) Mikage's ex-boyfriend.
(b) His girlfriend.
9. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
10. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
11. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
(a) A child with their grandmother.
(b) Yuichi and his girlfriend.
(c) Eriko walking alone.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend and another girl.
12. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) On vacation.
(c) In America.
13. What does Yuichi want Mikage to make using the item he brings home?
(a) Change of address cards.
(c) Short stories.
14. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) The typewriter.
(b) The view.
(c) Their kitchen.
15. In whose kitchen does Mikage's dream take place?
(c) Her grandmother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
2. What is Eriko's former name?
3. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
4. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
5. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)