|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She is related to him.
(b) She does not need him.
(c) They both lose family.
(d) She does not love him.
2. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Loss of another family member.
(b) New family connections.
(c) Exact opposite dreams.
(d) The same dream.
3. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
(a) Yuichi and his girlfriend.
(b) A child with their grandmother.
(c) Eriko walking alone.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend and another girl.
4. What is there plenty more of in Mikage's life?
5. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
(a) They go to school together.
(b) They work together.
(c) He meets her at church.
(d) He helps carry her grandmother's stuff home.
6. What is Mikage's last name?
7. What motif does the glass have that Eriko gives to Mikage?
8. What is the one place Mikage finds peace?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The park.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
9. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
(a) 7 A.M.
(b) 4 P.M.
(c) 10 P.M.
(d) 7 P.M.
10. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
(a) A ramen stand.
(b) To get some tea.
(c) The book store.
(d) The flower store.
11. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) Eriko's gift.
(b) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
(c) Yuichi joking.
(d) The sound of a kitchen.
12. What does Banana Yoshimoto use as a catalyst for love?
13. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In a nursing home.
(c) In America.
(d) On vacation.
14. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
(a) Drinks tea.
(b) Drinks water.
(c) Wakes Yuichi.
15. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) Their kitchen.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slaps Yuichi?
2. Where does Yuichi work part-time?
3. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
4. What is Eriko's former name?
5. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)