|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mikage's last name?
2. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) They both lose family.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is related to him.
(d) She does not need him.
3. What emotion do Yuichi and Mikage share in the first chapter?
4. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) Grandma's grave.
(d) Yuichi's girlfriend.
5. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
(a) Their eccentricities.
(b) They are constantly working.
(c) They fear one another.
(d) They have trouble communicating.
6. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
(b) Coffee shop.
(c) Flower store.
(d) Old apartment.
7. Who seems most distraught about the death?
8. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
9. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
10. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
(a) Drinks water.
(b) Drinks tea.
(d) Wakes Yuichi.
11. Where does Mikage hide to cry?
(a) In her old apartment.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In a church.
(d) An alley.
12. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(c) Warm milk.
13. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
(a) Whether or not to get plastic surgery again.
(b) Whether or not to remodel.
(c) Whether she goes to school or not.
(d) Whether or not to order take-out.
14. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
(a) Cleaning the floor.
(b) Cleaning the refrigerator.
(c) Wiping the counters.
(d) Washing dishes.
15. Where are Mikage's parents?
(a) In America.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) On vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
2. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
3. What is the first truly fun moment for Mikage since she experiences family loss?
4. Which of the following is the most major theme in the first chapter?
5. How does Yuichi know Mikage?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)