|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
2. What is Mikage's last name?
3. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
4. Which of the following pairs are common themes in the first chapter?
(a) Destiny and spirituality.
(b) Growth and success.
(c) Harmony and success.
(d) Destiny and anxiety.
5. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) Their kitchen.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The view.
6. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
(c) The kitchen.
7. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) She is related to him.
(b) They both lose family.
(c) She does not need him.
(d) She does not love him.
8. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) Yuichi's girlfriend.
(c) Grandma's grave.
(d) The landlord.
9. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Cleaning the refrigerator.
(c) Wiping the counters.
(d) Cleaning the floor.
10. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
11. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
12. What time does Yuichi tell Mikage to arrive at the Tanabe home?
(a) 4 P.M.
(b) 7 A.M.
(c) 10 P.M.
(d) 7 P.M.
13. What is Eriko contemplating the first morning after Mikage moves in in the kitchen?
(a) Whether or not to get plastic surgery again.
(b) Whether she goes to school or not.
(c) Whether or not to remodel.
(d) Whether or not to order take-out.
14. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
(a) The Tanabe's home.
(b) The bridge.
(c) Grandma's bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
15. What does Mikage see that makes her cry?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend and another girl.
(b) Yuichi and his girlfriend.
(c) Eriko walking alone.
(d) A child with their grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
2. Mikage comes across several kitchens in the first chapter. What is each kitchen representative of?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
4. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
5. Where does Mikage meet up with her ex-boyfriend?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)