|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place in the world does Mikage like best?
(a) The Tanabe's home.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Grandma's bedroom.
(d) The bridge.
2. What beverage is Mikage drinking in her dream?
(c) Warm milk.
3. Where is Mikage when she starts crying?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At the park.
4. What does Mikage's dream foreshadow?
(a) Time spent apart for Yuichi and Mikage.
(b) An upcoming change.
(c) More loss for both Yuichi and Mikage.
(d) That Mikage and Yuichi are meant to be together.
5. Which scene is the most pivotal in the first chapter?
(a) Eriko's transformation.
(b) Mikage riding on the bus.
(c) Yuichi getting slapped.
(d) Mikage arriving at the Tanabe home.
6. What is the one constant in Mikage's life?
(c) The kitchen.
7. Where does Eriko work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A club.
(c) A flower store.
(d) The library.
8. Who are Mikage's remaining relatives?
(a) Her cousin and her aunt.
(b) She has none.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her sister.
9. What is Mikage's last name?
10. What does Mikage fall in love with at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) The typewriter.
(b) Their kitchen.
(c) The view.
11. What is Mikage stunned by at the Tanabe apartment?
(a) Eriko's job.
(b) The apartment's view.
(c) Eriko's beauty.
(d) The cleanliness of the kitchen.
12. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
13. What do Yuichi and Mikage share at the end of Chapter One?
(a) New family connections.
(b) The same dream.
(c) Exact opposite dreams.
(d) Loss of another family member.
14. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) Yuichi joking.
(b) The sound of a kitchen.
(c) Eriko's gift.
(d) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
15. What does Yuichi want when he wakes up after Mikage has her dream?
(d) Cucumber salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
2. What is the name of Yuichi's mother?
3. What is a kitchen symbolic of in the first chapter?
4. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
5. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)