|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenges does the Tanabe face in helping one another?
(a) They have trouble communicating.
(b) They are constantly working.
(c) Their eccentricities.
(d) They fear one another.
2. What month does Mikage decide to stop being lazy?
3. What is it that lifts Mikage's spirits when she cries?
(a) The sound of a kitchen.
(b) Eriko's gift.
(c) Seeing Sotaro walk by happily.
(d) Yuichi joking.
4. Why does Mikage believe that she is able to understand Yuichi?
(a) They both lose family.
(b) She does not need him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is related to him.
5. Who seems most distraught about the death?
6. In Mikage's dream, what is she doing in the kitchen?
(a) Cleaning out the refrigerator.
(b) Scrubbing the sink.
(c) Mopping the floor.
(d) Washing dishes.
7. How long is Yuichi dating his girlfriend?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
8. What is the name of Mikage's ex-boyfriend?
9. Who does Mikage visit the day after she receives Eriko's gift?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) Grandma's grave.
(c) The landlord.
(d) Yuichi's girlfriend.
10. Where does Yuichi want to go in Mikage's dream?
(a) The book store.
(b) The flower store.
(c) A ramen stand.
(d) To get some tea.
11. What is Mikage's last name?
12. What does Mikage worry about in her dream?
(a) That they wake up her grandmother.
(b) That Yuichi's girlfriend is angry.
(c) That they wake up Eriko.
(d) That they make a huge mess.
13. How does Mikage tell that her ex-boyfriend no longer loves her?
(a) The look in his eyes.
(b) The words he uses.
(c) The tone he uses.
(d) His body language.
14. How many days after the funeral is Mikage still trying to come to terms with what happens?
15. Which relative of Mikage's dies recently?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuichi bring home from work for Mikage to use?
2. In Mikage's dream, what is Yuichi doing?
3. What does Eriko bring home for Mikage?
4. What does Mikage do when she wakes up from her dream?
5. What does the Tanabe family bring to Mikage's life?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)