|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Steve's position at Brasserie Les Halles?
(a) Executive chef.
(c) Line cook.
(d) Night porter.
2. What does weeded mean?
(a) Someone who is high on marijuana.
(b) Running behind.
(c) A crowded restaurant.
(d) A spoiled entree.
3. What disturbing memory does Bourdain remember about a chef colleague in "Department of Human Resources"?
(a) His chef colleague was fired for losing his temper at a new sous-chef.
(b) His chef colleague fired a cook and the cook hung himself later that day.
(c) His chef colleague cut his thumb off while working and could not work again.
(d) His chef colleague burned his arms and feet when a vat of boiling water fell on him.
4. What does Bourdain do if someone has a substance abuse problem?
(a) Bourdain seeks out the help of a professional.
(b) Bourdain fires them.
(c) Bourdain talks to them as a friend, rather than a boss.
(d) Bourdain tries to tolerate it.
5. What is Bourdain's first thought when waking up in the morning?
(a) His first thought is about the special of the day.
(b) His first thought is about ingredient selection.
(c) His first thought is about the menu.
(d) His first thought is about food preparation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bourdain tolerate Steve and Adam's juvenile antics?
2. What sorts of customers does Tom H attract?
3. Which chef does Bourdain consider the best?
4. What position does the chef of Le Madri give Bourdain?
5. Where does the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's plan to open more restaurants?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)