|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides culinary proficiency, what determines a person's kitchen success?
(a) A person's ability to upstage the chef.
(b) A person's ability to handle any situation.
(c) A person's ability to show up on time and learn quickly.
(d) A person's ability to take and give insults.
2. How many days a week does Bourdain work at Coco Pazzo Teatro?
(a) One or two.
3. Who is the second most important person in the restaurant after the chef?
(a) The customer.
(b) The bartender.
(c) The sous-chef.
(d) The waiter or waitress.
4. What does Bourdain say he is always aware of in "Department of Human Resources"?
(a) The potential impact of his words or actions on the staff.
(b) The long list of administrative work to deal with.
(c) The importance of maintaining an enjoyable work environment.
(d) How his workers probably feel underpaid and underappreciated.
5. What does Bourdain order for his first meal in Japan?
(a) A dish of noodles, pork, rice, and pickles.
(b) Starbucks coffee.
(c) Donkatsu with sake.
(d) Sushi and sashimi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's?
2. What do Bourdain's purveyors know not to do?
3. What does Bourdain do if someone has a substance abuse problem?
4. What famous movie is the restaurant Rick's Cafe a theme of?
5. Which chef does Bourdain consider the best?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)