|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant where Bourdain works during his summer away from college?
(a) The Horses' Mouth.
(b) The Pen.
(c) The Dreadnaught.
(d) The Cove.
2. What does Bourdain learn from assisting the boiler man?
(a) How to plate the meals correctly.
(b) How to manage the avalanche of meals each night.
(c) How to deal with customers.
(d) How to keep his station clean.
3. Where is the CIA?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. What does Bourdain witness for the first time at the restaurant he works at with Sam G and Dimitri?
(a) "Running Customer Syndrome".
(b) "Failing Restaurant Syndrome".
(c) "Burnt Toast Syndrome."
(d) "Lazy Chef Syndrome."
5. Where does Bourdain attend college?
(a) Vassar College.
(b) Corning Community College.
(c) Buffalo State College.
(d) Berkeley College.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bourdain approach food after his family vacation in France?
2. What has yet to arrive in the culinary world in the 1970's?
3. How does Bourdain describe the line cooks in most kitchens?
4. What are the three categories of line cooks?
5. What is the Escoffier Room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the best nights to eat out and why?
2. Why does Bourdain not get the job at the steak house?
3. Whom does Bourdain consider to be the best chef in New York and why?
4. What does Bourdain do after his experience in France?
5. According to Bourdain, what will determine a person's success in the kitchen?
6. What is the role of the runner and night porter in a restaurant?
7. Who are Gianni Scappin and Pino Luongo?
8. What is Bourdain tolerant of when it comes to his workers?
9. What is the Rainbow Room?
10. What does Bourdain vow because of his experience at The Dreadnaught?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)