|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant where Bourdain works with Sam G and Dimitri?
(a) Dinner Time.
(c) Work Progress.
(d) Smith and Jones.
2. Bourdain says that line cooking is not about innovation, but what?
(c) Artistic expression.
3. According to Bourdain, what are most line cooks?
(a) Culinary geniuses.
(b) Social misfits.
(c) Immigrants from Spanish-speaking countries.
(d) High school dropouts.
4. What makes security personnel swarm the Rainbow Room while Bourdain worked there?
(a) A fire broke out in the kitchen.
(b) The chef had an altercation with a line cook.
(c) There was a bomb threat.
(d) The Kennedy children were at the Rainbow Room.
5. What does Bourdain do while in France with his family?
(a) Explores the beaches of Normandy.
(b) Visits a number of vineyards.
(c) Tests the food in Paris' cafes.
(d) Visits the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bourdain in a low period when Bigfoot hires him?
2. Where is Bourdain determined to enroll during the early 1970's?
3. What year does Bourdain graduate high school?
4. What does the owner of Mario's select Bourdain to do?
5. What does Bourdain want to do after his trip to France besides enjoy the food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bigfoot.
2. What sort of worker does Bourdain value most?
3. What tasks must Bourdain deal with as executive chef at Coco Pazzo Teatro?
4. What are some of the mistakes that unprepared restaurant owners make?
5. What does Bourdain tell anyone considering a career as a chef to consider?
6. Who are Gianni Scappin and Pino Luongo?
7. What does Bourdain do during the day to get ready for the dinner service?
8. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Billy's.
9. What is Bourdain tolerant of when it comes to his workers?
10. What do his parents not allow Bourdain and his brother to do and how does this affect Bourdain?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)