|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner of Mario's select Bourdain to do?
(a) Revamp his menu.
(b) Hand out fliers.
(c) Cater a large garden party.
(d) Test out his new dishes.
2. What is Luis' job?
(a) Chef de cuisine.
(b) Chef de garde-manger.
3. What singer gives an impromptu concert at the Rainbow Room when Bourdain works there?
(a) Billy Joel.
(b) Tony Bennett.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Barbara Streisand.
4. According to Bourdain, what does good cooking and good eating involve?
(a) A sense of adventure.
(b) A professional palate.
(c) Steady hands.
(d) A level of risk.
5. What might an unprepared restaurant owner do to improve business?
(a) Expand the menu selection.
(b) Offer discounts on certain meals.
(c) Distribute coupons and fliers.
(d) Have theme nights and happy hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chef of the restaurant called Mario's?
2. What does the role of the line cook require?
3. What is the name of the restaurant where Bourdain works during his summer away from college?
4. Where is the CIA?
5. What type of soup does Bourdain eat that changes his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bourdain do after his experience in France?
2. Why does Bourdain go to Tokyo in 1999?
3. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Billy's.
4. Who is Steven?
5. Whom does Bourdain consider to be the best chef in New York and why?
6. What does Bourdain do while in France?
7. What is Bourdain's job during his second summer at The Dreadnaught?
8. What does Bourdain realize while listening in on his workers' banter?
9. What does Anthony Bourdain want to share with the reader?
10. What are some tips for eating out?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)