|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Bourdain leave Vassar College?
2. According to Bourdain, what kind of job is the job of a line cook?
(a) It is a hard yet rewarding position.
(b) It is a thankless position.
(c) It is an important job.
(d) It is an unimportant role in a restaurant.
3. What does Bourdain learn from assisting the boiler man?
(a) How to plate the meals correctly.
(b) How to keep his station clean.
(c) How to manage the avalanche of meals each night.
(d) How to deal with customers.
4. How does Bourdain feel about the chef at the restaurant, Mario's?
(a) Bourdain feels he is talentless.
(b) Bourdain respects him.
(c) Bourdain despises him.
(d) Bourdain is in awe of him.
5. Why do Bourdain's parents not allow him and his brother into a fine dining establishment?
(a) Because it is too expensive.
(b) Because of their brooding behavior.
(c) Because their clothes are dirty.
(d) Because they will not like the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Bourdain start working with Sam G and Dimitri in New York?
2. Where does Bourdain's love affair with food start?
3. Whom does Bourdain acknowledge?
4. What do Bourdain, Sam G, and Dimitri feel improves their productivity?
5. What is the name of the boiler man at Bourdain's summer job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bourdain's experience at the restaurant Rick's Cafe.
2. What sort of worker does Bourdain value most?
3. What are the best nights to eat out and why?
4. What are some examples of prerequisites for a chef's preparation, according to Bourdain?
5. What does Adam mean when he tells Bourdain to "Feed the bitch or she'll die!"
6. What are the three categories of the line cook?
7. What is Bourdain's job during his second summer at The Dreadnaught?
8. What is The Escoffier Room?
9. What does Bourdain tell anyone considering a career as a chef to consider?
10. Who are Gianni Scappin and Pino Luongo?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)