|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bourdain do after his family vacation to France?
(a) Bourdain immerses himself in the French style of cooking.
(b) Bourdain visits French restaurants in America to compare.
(c) Bourdain forgets about his France trip.
(d) Bourdain explores other cultures' cuisines.
2. What year does Bourdain graduate high school?
3. What is one of the qualities that Bourdain most values in a line cook?
(a) A line cook who can teach others new techniques.
(b) A line cook who never calls in sick.
(c) A line cook who gets along with co-workers.
(d) A line cook who learns quickly.
4. How does Bourdain approach food after his family vacation in France?
(a) With a new zeal.
(b) With a creative eye.
(c) With prejudice for French cuisine.
(d) With disinterest.
5. What does Bourdain learn while at the Rainbow Room?
(a) That the kitchen workers spit in customer's drinks.
(b) That the kitchen workers love betting on sports.
(c) That he is the least experienced worker there.
(d) That there is a strict hierarchy in place in the kitchen.
6. What must Bourdain endure at CIA?
(a) Buffet-style dishes.
(b) Alienation from classmates.
(c) Out-of-date appliances.
(d) Pompous teachers.
7. What does Bourdain fish for with the local fishing expert in France?
8. At CIA, what does Bourdain have that his classmates do not?
(a) Friends in the business.
(b) A creative flair.
(c) Professional culinary experience.
(d) A keen eye for detail.
9. What are just as important as using the proper culinary tool?
(a) Understanding why food is important.
(b) Teaching others.
(c) Trying new techniques.
(d) Learning about character and trust.
10. How does Bourdain describe Bigfoot?
(a) Meek, quiet, and clumsy.
(b) Brilliant, cunning, and intellectual.
(c) Charming, energetic, and knowledgeable.
(d) Menacing, talentless, and diabolic.
11. What does Bourdain love about Bobby?
(a) His loud laugh and kind heart.
(b) His desire to teach.
(c) His easy bravado and swagger.
(d) His never-ending patience.
12. What are the best nights for eating out?
(a) Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
(b) Tuesday through Saturday.
(c) Monday through Friday.
(d) Saturday and Sunday.
13. What is Luis' job?
(a) Chef de cuisine.
(b) Chef de garde-manger.
14. What does Bourdain do to Luis to gain respect from his co-workers?
(a) Bourdain punches Luis.
(b) Bourdain ignores Luis completely.
(c) Bourdain jabs Luis' hand with a fork.
(d) Bourdain throws a bucket of fish guts at Luis.
15. What is the name of the fishing expert in France?
(a) Monsieur Alain Bertrand.
(b) Monsieur Saint-Jour.
(c) Monsieur Frederick.
(d) Monsieur Dominique Francois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is CIA designed to do?
2. What does Bourdain witness for the first time at the restaurant he works at with Sam G and Dimitri?
3. Who is the instructor for the Escoffier Room?
4. What color is the wedding cake that Bourdain and Dimitri make?
5. According to Bourdain, what is just as critical as a cook's knives?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)