|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through So You Want to be a Chef? A Commencement Address and Kitchen's Closed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of soup does Bourdain eat that changes his life?
(a) French onion soup.
(b) Cucumber soup.
2. What is the name of Bourdain's aunt?
(a) Tante Jeanne.
(b) Tante Monique.
(c) Tante Emilie.
(d) Tante Veronique.
3. How is the chef at Mario's described?
(a) As the most hard-working chef in the business.
(b) As the best chef in the area.
(c) As a difficult chef to work with.
(d) As the worst chef in the area.
4. How has Bourdain's wife affected his career?
(a) She has been a positive influence.
(b) She is the reason for his success.
(c) She has led him astray.
(d) She has convinced him to retire.
5. What are just as important as using the proper culinary tool?
(a) Teaching others.
(b) Learning about character and trust.
(c) Understanding why food is important.
(d) Trying new techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bourdain feel about going to Tokyo for Les Halles?
2. How does Bourdain describe the line cooks in most kitchens?
3. What kind of restaurant is the place where Bourdain works in the early 1970's?
4. According to Bourdain, what are most line cooks?
5. Where is the summerhouse that Bourdain shares with his friends?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)