|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through So You Want to be a Chef? A Commencement Address and Kitchen's Closed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience does Bourdain detest?
(a) Working for the owner of Let's-Call-It-Gino's.
(b) Working long hours at a new restaurant.
(c) Working at a restaurant in Baltimore.
(d) Working in New York City.
2. Whom has the instructor for the Escoffier Room been rumored to have worked with?
(a) Auguste Escoffier.
(b) Fernand Point.
(c) Pierre Troisgros.
(d) Paul Bocuse.
3. What does the owner of Billy's tell Bourdain to do?
(a) Sing happy birthday to celebrating customers.
(b) Search everyone that enters the restaurant.
(c) Fire anyone wearing gold chains, jewelry, and tattoos.
(d) Reuse the customer's leftovers.
4. Why does Bourdain keep hiring Steve?
(a) They are comfortable with one another and can both manage any situation in the kitchen.
(b) Steve tries his best, which is enough for Bourdain.
(c) Bourdain has never met anyone as talented as Steve.
(d) Steve is the only person that Bourdain feels he can fully trust in a kitchen.
5. What does the night porter do?
(a) Cleans the restaurant and takes out the trash after closing.
(b) Operates the phones and deals with administrative tasks after closing.
(c) Balances the books after closing.
(d) Escorts the customers to the valet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Bourdain's boss in Tokyo?
2. What are crunchies?
3. When is seafood normally delivered?
4. What are some things that Bourdain tries to tolerate in his workers?
5. What has yet to arrive in the culinary world in the 1970's?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)