|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Inside the CIA and The Return of Mal Carne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bourdain do after his family vacation to France?
(a) Bourdain explores other cultures' cuisines.
(b) Bourdain immerses himself in the French style of cooking.
(c) Bourdain forgets about his France trip.
(d) Bourdain visits French restaurants in America to compare.
2. How does Bourdain approach food after his family vacation in France?
(a) With disinterest.
(b) With prejudice for French cuisine.
(c) With a creative eye.
(d) With a new zeal.
3. What is the name of Bourdain's aunt?
(a) Tante Veronique.
(b) Tante Emilie.
(c) Tante Jeanne.
(d) Tante Monique.
4. While Bourdain works at his summer job in the early 1970's, what does he vow?
(a) To learn everything he can about French cuisine.
(b) To travel to France again.
(c) To go to law school to please his parents.
(d) Not to be stuck in subordinate kitchen roles.
5. What sorts of food does Bourdain begin to eat after his trip to France?
(a) Deer and moose meat and exotic fruits and vegetables.
(b) Anything spicy.
(c) Stinky cheese, sweetbreads, and horsemeat.
(d) Sashimi and raw eel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bourdain feel during his time at college?
2. Who is the instructor for the Escoffier Room?
3. What is CIA designed to do?
4. What does Bourdain fish for with the local fishing expert in France?
5. Where does Bourdain's love affair with food start?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)