|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
2. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
3. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Tara's first experiences with stealing. What drives Tara back to confess in Chapter 12? How does this reflect Tara's morals? How does Father O'Malley react to Tara's confession? When before has Tara discussed the priest? What are her feelings about him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the element of sexuality in the novel. How do Donna and Tara's views on sexuality differ? When before has Tara discussed sexuality? What is the result of Donna's having unprotected sex? Who does Tara blame for Donna's pregnancy?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the family of Donna to Tara's family. How are Donna's parents similar to Tara's? How do they differ? How does Donna feel about her mother versus her father? Do these feelings correspond to Tara's? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)