|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
2. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
3. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
5. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
2. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
3. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
4. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
5. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
6. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
7. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
8. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
9. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
10. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tara's father's medical condition. What led to his heart attack, and how serious was his condition at the hospital? How does Tara's father's heart attack affect Tara's relationship with her mother? How is Greta affected by her father's hospitalization?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)