|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
2. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
3. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
2. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
3. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
4. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
5. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
6. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
7. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
8. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
9. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
10. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tara's father's medical condition. What led to his heart attack, and how serious was his condition at the hospital? How does Tara's father's heart attack affect Tara's relationship with her mother? How is Greta affected by her father's hospitalization?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Tara's experience at the carnival in Chapter 10. In what ways is this a pinnacle of demoralization for Tara? How does Tara's mother feel about her behavior? How does Tara's father react to the situation? What major lesson does Tara learn?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)