|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
2. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
3. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
4. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
5. Where do Donna and Tara go so that Donna can smoke in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
2. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
4. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
5. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
6. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
7. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
8. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
9. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
10. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)