|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
2. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
3. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that religious obsession plays in obsessive-compulsive disorder. What other symptoms are significant which are displayed by Tara in the narrative? Would you have diagnosed Tara as OCD based upon her behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the family of Donna to Tara's family. How are Donna's parents similar to Tara's? How do they differ? How does Donna feel about her mother versus her father? Do these feelings correspond to Tara's? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)