|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
2. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
3. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
4. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
5. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Tara's experience at the carnival in Chapter 10. In what ways is this a pinnacle of demoralization for Tara? How does Tara's mother feel about her behavior? How does Tara's father react to the situation? What major lesson does Tara learn?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that religious obsession plays in obsessive-compulsive disorder. What other symptoms are significant which are displayed by Tara in the narrative? Would you have diagnosed Tara as OCD based upon her behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss anorexia and the female self image. What percentage of teenage girls today suffer from low self image? How does this relate to body issues and weight? What self image do each of Tara's friends project? How does each relate to Tara?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)