|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
2. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
3. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
4. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
5. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
2. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
3. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
4. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
5. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
6. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
7. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
8. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
9. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
10. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Donna in the novel. How old is Donna? What kind of surgery did Donna have on her eye? How is Tara affected by Donna's friendship? What is Donna's response to Tara's eccentricities? What forms the bond between the two girls?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the character of Greta in the narrative. How old is Greta in relation to Tara? What is Greta's relationship with Tara like? How does Greta get along with her family? How does Greta prove her loyalty to Tara as a sister in the novel?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)