|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
2. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
3. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
4. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
2. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
3. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
4. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
5. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
6. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
7. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
8. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
9. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
10. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss stereotypes in the novel and in real life. How realistic are the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna? Are these stereotypes realistic depictions of people you can relate to? Why or why not? Is there a basis in the stereotypes? Are they simply Tara's way of identifying people?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)