|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
2. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
3. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 19, who asks Tara about her condition?
5. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
Essay Topic 1
Define theme in narrative literature, and analyze the theme of isolation in the novel. How does Tara's character exhibit isolation? How has Tara become more isolated than ever before in Chapter 9? Is Tara's isolation self-inflicted? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of sexuality in the novel. How do Donna and Tara's views on sexuality differ? When before has Tara discussed sexuality? What is the result of Donna's having unprotected sex? Who does Tara blame for Donna's pregnancy?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)