|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
2. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
3. What does Tara do after her routing of putting her fingers on the doorknob in Chapter 15?
4. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
5. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the element of language and style in literature and in the novel. How is language used in "Kissing Doorknobs"? How is it used thematically with Tara's character? How do the characters interact with one another? Does this differ from how Tara's internal mind thinks?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss stereotypes in the novel and in real life. How realistic are the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna? Are these stereotypes realistic depictions of people you can relate to? Why or why not? Is there a basis in the stereotypes? Are they simply Tara's way of identifying people?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)