|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
2. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
3. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
2. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
3. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
4. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
5. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
6. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
7. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
8. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
9. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
10. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Tara's first experiences with stealing. What drives Tara back to confess in Chapter 12? How does this reflect Tara's morals? How does Father O'Malley react to Tara's confession? When before has Tara discussed the priest? What are her feelings about him?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify dramatic irony and the tragic hero in narrative literature. How many different types of irony are there, and why does dramatic irony fit the situation in Chapter 3? Why is Tara's character tragic? What is ironic about her situation with her friends and family?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)