|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
2. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
3. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
4. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
5. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Define and identify internal and external conflict in narrative literature. What conflicts does Tara face internally? What conflicts does she face in the world? How are these related in this novel? In what ways does Tara struggle with her own mind, and how does this struggle manifest itself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the element of language and style in literature and in the novel. How is language used in "Kissing Doorknobs"? How is it used thematically with Tara's character? How do the characters interact with one another? Does this differ from how Tara's internal mind thinks?
Essay Topic 3
Define theme in narrative literature, and analyze the theme of isolation in the novel. How does Tara's character exhibit isolation? How has Tara become more isolated than ever before in Chapter 9? Is Tara's isolation self-inflicted? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)