|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
2. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
3. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
4. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
5. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
2. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
3. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
4. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
5. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
6. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
7. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
8. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
9. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
10. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the element of sexuality in the novel. How do Donna and Tara's views on sexuality differ? When before has Tara discussed sexuality? What is the result of Donna's having unprotected sex? Who does Tara blame for Donna's pregnancy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Donna in the novel. How old is Donna? What kind of surgery did Donna have on her eye? How is Tara affected by Donna's friendship? What is Donna's response to Tara's eccentricities? What forms the bond between the two girls?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of language and style in literature and in the novel. How is language used in "Kissing Doorknobs"? How is it used thematically with Tara's character? How do the characters interact with one another? Does this differ from how Tara's internal mind thinks?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)