|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
2. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
3. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
2. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
4. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
5. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
6. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
7. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
8. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
9. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
10. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of fear and Tara's fears in the narrative. What has led to Tara's fear of losing her parents? How is Tara's condition affected when her father is hospitalized? How does the isolation from her friends affect Tara? What does Tara claim her greatest fear is in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)