|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
2. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
3. What do Tara and Donna go to purchase in Chapter 20?
4. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
2. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
3. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
4. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
5. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
6. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
7. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
8. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
9. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
10. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the element of language and style in literature and in the novel. How is language used in "Kissing Doorknobs"? How is it used thematically with Tara's character? How do the characters interact with one another? Does this differ from how Tara's internal mind thinks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Tara's first experiences with stealing. What drives Tara back to confess in Chapter 12? How does this reflect Tara's morals? How does Father O'Malley react to Tara's confession? When before has Tara discussed the priest? What are her feelings about him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)