|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
2. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
3. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
4. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
5. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
2. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
3. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
4. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
5. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
6. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
7. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
8. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
9. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
10. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Donna in the novel. How old is Donna? What kind of surgery did Donna have on her eye? How is Tara affected by Donna's friendship? What is Donna's response to Tara's eccentricities? What forms the bond between the two girls?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that religious obsession plays in obsessive-compulsive disorder. What other symptoms are significant which are displayed by Tara in the narrative? Would you have diagnosed Tara as OCD based upon her behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)