|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
2. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
4. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
5. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
2. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
3. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
4. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
5. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
6. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
7. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
8. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
9. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
10. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Tara's first experiences with stealing. What drives Tara back to confess in Chapter 12? How does this reflect Tara's morals? How does Father O'Malley react to Tara's confession? When before has Tara discussed the priest? What are her feelings about him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of fear and Tara's fears in the narrative. What has led to Tara's fear of losing her parents? How is Tara's condition affected when her father is hospitalized? How does the isolation from her friends affect Tara? What does Tara claim her greatest fear is in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)