|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Tara greet Sam with when he arrives in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
3. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
4. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
5. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
4. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
5. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
6. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
7. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
8. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
9. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
10. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss anorexia and the female self image. What percentage of teenage girls today suffer from low self image? How does this relate to body issues and weight? What self image do each of Tara's friends project? How does each relate to Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)