|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
2. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
3. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
4. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
5. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the character of Greta in the narrative. How old is Greta in relation to Tara? What is Greta's relationship with Tara like? How does Greta get along with her family? How does Greta prove her loyalty to Tara as a sister in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss both religious allusion and the narrative voice in the novel. Is the novel written in present or past tense? From whose point of view? What religion is Tara? How does she feel about her religion? Why does Tara find solace in religion?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)