Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
2. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
3. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
Essay Topic 1
Define and identify dramatic irony and the tragic hero in narrative literature. How many different types of irony are there, and why does dramatic irony fit the situation in Chapter 3? Why is Tara's character tragic? What is ironic about her situation with her friends and family?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of fear and Tara's fears in the narrative. What has led to Tara's fear of losing her parents? How is Tara's condition affected when her father is hospitalized? How does the isolation from her friends affect Tara? What does Tara claim her greatest fear is in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the character of Greta in the narrative. How old is Greta in relation to Tara? What is Greta's relationship with Tara like? How does Greta get along with her family? How does Greta prove her loyalty to Tara as a sister in the novel?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)