|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Tara greet Sam with when he arrives in Chapter 18?
2. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
3. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
4. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
5. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify dramatic irony and the tragic hero in narrative literature. How many different types of irony are there, and why does dramatic irony fit the situation in Chapter 3? Why is Tara's character tragic? What is ironic about her situation with her friends and family?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss anorexia and the female self image. What percentage of teenage girls today suffer from low self image? How does this relate to body issues and weight? What self image do each of Tara's friends project? How does each relate to Tara?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)