|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
2. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
3. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
5. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
2. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
3. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
4. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
5. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
6. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
7. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
8. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
9. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
10. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss anorexia and the female self image. What percentage of teenage girls today suffer from low self image? How does this relate to body issues and weight? What self image do each of Tara's friends project? How does each relate to Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of language and style in literature and in the novel. How is language used in "Kissing Doorknobs"? How is it used thematically with Tara's character? How do the characters interact with one another? Does this differ from how Tara's internal mind thinks?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)