|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Donna and Tara go so that Donna can smoke in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
3. Tara tells her new psychiatrist that she looks like what, in Chapter 19?
4. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
5. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
2. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
3. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
4. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
5. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
6. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
7. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
8. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
9. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
10. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the character of Greta in the narrative. How old is Greta in relation to Tara? What is Greta's relationship with Tara like? How does Greta get along with her family? How does Greta prove her loyalty to Tara as a sister in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Tara's experience at the carnival in Chapter 10. In what ways is this a pinnacle of demoralization for Tara? How does Tara's mother feel about her behavior? How does Tara's father react to the situation? What major lesson does Tara learn?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)