|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
2. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
3. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
4. Tara's mother tells Tara that she did what when she was young in Chapter 3?
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
2. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
5. How has Greta's relationship with Tara shifted between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
6. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
7. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
8. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
9. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
10. How does Tara describe the summer between fifth and sixth grades in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the character of Greta in the narrative. How old is Greta in relation to Tara? What is Greta's relationship with Tara like? How does Greta get along with her family? How does Greta prove her loyalty to Tara as a sister in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the family of Donna to Tara's family. How are Donna's parents similar to Tara's? How do they differ? How does Donna feel about her mother versus her father? Do these feelings correspond to Tara's? Why or why not?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)