Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
2. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
5. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
6. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
7. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
8. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
9. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
10. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
Discuss stereotypes in the novel and in real life. How realistic are the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna? Are these stereotypes realistic depictions of people you can relate to? Why or why not? Is there a basis in the stereotypes? Are they simply Tara's way of identifying people?
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
Describe and analyze Tara's first experiences with stealing. What drives Tara back to confess in Chapter 12? How does this reflect Tara's morals? How does Father O'Malley react to Tara's confession? When before has Tara discussed the priest? What are her feelings about him?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)