|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
2. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
3. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
4. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
2. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
3. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
4. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
5. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
6. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
7. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
8. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
9. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
10. How does Tara describe her best friends in Chapter 3? What grade is Tara in at this point?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Keesha, Kristin and Anna in the narrative. How old are the girls? What are their relationships with each other like? How do these friends feel about Tara and her quirks? How do their relationships evolve and change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss intrusive thoughts as symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder. How are intrusive thoughts defined? How are these symptomatic of OCD? How do intrusive thoughts differ from things like a passing crush or worry about a test? What are examples of intrusive thoughts in Tara's character?
This section contains 1,739 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)