Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
2. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
3. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
5. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
2. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
3. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
4. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
5. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
6. How have Tara's relationships with her friends changed by seventh grade?
7. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
8. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
9. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
10. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
Describe and discuss anorexia and the female self image. What percentage of teenage girls today suffer from low self image? How does this relate to body issues and weight? What self image do each of Tara's friends project? How does each relate to Tara?
Describe and analyze Tara's experience at the carnival in Chapter 10. In what ways is this a pinnacle of demoralization for Tara? How does Tara's mother feel about her behavior? How does Tara's father react to the situation? What major lesson does Tara learn?
Define theme in narrative literature, and analyze the theme of isolation in the novel. How does Tara's character exhibit isolation? How has Tara become more isolated than ever before in Chapter 9? Is Tara's isolation self-inflicted? Why or why not?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)