|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
2. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
3. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
4. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
5. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
2. How does Tara describe the summer between fifth and sixth grades in Chapter 7?
3. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
4. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
5. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
6. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
7. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
8. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
9. How has Tara's erratic behavior evolved at the beginning of Chapter 4? What does Tara do about her condition?
10. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the element of sexuality in the novel. How do Donna and Tara's views on sexuality differ? When before has Tara discussed sexuality? What is the result of Donna's having unprotected sex? Who does Tara blame for Donna's pregnancy?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the family of Donna to Tara's family. How are Donna's parents similar to Tara's? How do they differ? How does Donna feel about her mother versus her father? Do these feelings correspond to Tara's? Why or why not?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)