|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest Tara goes to for confession in the novel?
2. Why has Donna taken to wearing sunglasses all the time in Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of Tara's little sister?
4. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
5. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
2. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
3. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
4. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
5. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
6. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
7. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
8. How has Greta's relationship with Tara shifted between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
9. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
10. How is the character of Greta depicted in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tara's father's medical condition. What led to his heart attack, and how serious was his condition at the hospital? How does Tara's father's heart attack affect Tara's relationship with her mother? How is Greta affected by her father's hospitalization?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze Tara's experience at the carnival in Chapter 10. In what ways is this a pinnacle of demoralization for Tara? How does Tara's mother feel about her behavior? How does Tara's father react to the situation? What major lesson does Tara learn?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze Tara Sullivan as the protagonist of "Kissing Doorknobs". How old is Tara in Chapter 1? What can be discerned about her personality? How does Tara evolve and grow as a character throughout the narrative? How old is Tara at the end of the book?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)