|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
2. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
3. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
4. Who does Tara go and sleep with when her parents are home late in Chapter 8?
5. What refers to distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
2. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
3. What is Tara's response when confronted about her behavior by a friend in Chapter 4? How do her friends react?
4. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
5. How is the character of Greta depicted in Chapter 7?
6. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
7. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
8. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
9. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
10. How does Tara find security in religion, as illustrated in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that religious obsession plays in obsessive-compulsive disorder. What other symptoms are significant which are displayed by Tara in the narrative? Would you have diagnosed Tara as OCD based upon her behavior? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of language and style in literature and in the novel. How is language used in "Kissing Doorknobs"? How is it used thematically with Tara's character? How do the characters interact with one another? Does this differ from how Tara's internal mind thinks?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)