Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
2. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
5. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
6. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
7. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
8. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
9. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
10. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the climax of the narrative and the character of Mr. Jacobson in the novel. How does Tara's father know Mr. Jacobson? What questions does Mr. Jacobson ask Tara?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss intrusive thoughts as symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder. How are intrusive thoughts defined? How are these symptomatic of OCD? How do intrusive thoughts differ from things like a passing crush or worry about a test? What are examples of intrusive thoughts in Tara's character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the family of Donna to Tara's family. How are Donna's parents similar to Tara's? How do they differ? How does Donna feel about her mother versus her father? Do these feelings correspond to Tara's? Why or why not?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)