|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Feel frustrated.
(b) Kiss doorknobs.
(c) Be misdiagnosed.
(d) Have a tyrant in your head.
2. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(a) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(b) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
(c) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
3. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
(a) Reprimands her.
(b) Winks at her.
(c) Says the Lord's Prayer.
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A crystal doorknob.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A note.
(d) A golden key.
5. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Make smores.
(b) Save the rest.
(c) Give him the rest.
(d) Throw it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
2. What does Tara do after her routing of putting her fingers on the doorknob in Chapter 15?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
5. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
2. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
3. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
4. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
5. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
6. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
7. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
8. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
9. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
10. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)