|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
(a) A physical illness.
(b) A personality disorder.
2. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
(c) Susan Leopardi.
(d) Sister Margaret.
3. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
(a) Working in a laboratory.
(c) Working as a travel agent.
4. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Sports scores.
(b) Fortune cookies.
(c) Their horoscopes.
(d) The Bible.
5. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
(b) Father O'Malley.
(c) Uncle Joe.
(d) Sister Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
2. Mr. Jacobson knows someone with a similar problem as Tara's from where?
3. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
4. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
5. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
2. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
3. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
4. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
5. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
6. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
7. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
8. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
9. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
10. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)