|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(c) Attention Deficit Disorder.
2. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 minute.
3. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(d) Sister Margaret.
4. Mr. Jacobson knows someone with a similar problem as Tara's from where?
(a) A doctor he visits.
(b) A television interview.
(c) His students.
(d) A magazine article.
5. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
4. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
5. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
2. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
3. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
4. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
5. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
6. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
7. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
8. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
9. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
10. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)