|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tara and Donna go to purchase in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
3. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Their horoscopes.
(b) Fortune cookies.
(c) Sports scores.
(d) The Bible.
4. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
(a) Tara's mother.
(b) Tara's father.
5. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Susan Leopardi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
2. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
3. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
4. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
5. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
3. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
4. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
6. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
7. What treatment has Sam received for his condition? How does Tara relate to his discussion about OCD in Chapter 18?
8. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
9. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
10. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)