|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(d) Attention Deficit Disorder.
2. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
(b) A personality disorder.
(c) A physical illness.
3. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
(a) Shoveling snow.
(b) Making snow angels.
(c) Making snow men.
(d) Throwing snowballs.
4. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
(a) Agree to call each other.
(b) Kiss each other.
(c) Put both their hands on the screen.
(d) Wave goodbye.
5. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in adults?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
2. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead how many times a day in Chapter 20?
3. What is one factor of Sam's recovery, as explained in Chapter 18?
4. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
5. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
2. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
3. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
4. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
5. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
6. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
7. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
8. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
9. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
10. What treatment has Sam received for his condition? How does Tara relate to his discussion about OCD in Chapter 18?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)