|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Tara greet Sam with when he arrives in Chapter 18?
(a) "Do you live with tyrants?"
(b) "What is it like for you?"
(c) "Can you feel my pain?"
(d) "Do you...kiss doorknobs?"
2. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
(d) Tapping her foot.
3. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 1 minute.
4. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Save the rest.
(b) Give him the rest.
(c) Make smores.
(d) Throw it away.
5. What is one factor of Sam's recovery, as explained in Chapter 18?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) Isolation therapy.
(d) Radiation therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
2. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
4. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
2. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
3. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
4. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
5. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
6. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
7. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
8. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
9. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
10. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)