|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's grandfather.
(b) Sam's father.
(c) Sam's Uncle Joe.
(d) Sam's brother.
2. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
(a) Skipping school.
(b) Starting fires.
(c) Using drugs.
(d) Having sex.
3. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
4. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
5. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(b) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
(c) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
(d) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
2. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in adults?
3. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
4. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
5. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
2. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
3. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
4. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
5. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
6. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
7. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
8. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
9. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
10. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)