|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
2. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 minute.
3. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
4. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
(a) Shock treatments.
(c) Radation treatments.
5. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
(a) If there might be more planets in the solar sytem.
(b) If there will be a test next week.
(c) How to find the area of a triangle.
(d) If the slaves might have preferred it before the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
2. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
5. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
2. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
3. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
4. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
5. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
6. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
7. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
8. What treatment has Sam received for his condition? How does Tara relate to his discussion about OCD in Chapter 18?
9. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
10. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)