|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Liberate her.
(b) Get bigger and bigger.
(c) Destroy her.
(d) Eventually go away.
2. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Favorite activities.
(b) Places she would like to go.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Rituals she wants to stop.
3. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
(a) Tapping her foot.
4. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) English poetry.
5. Where do Donna and Tara go so that Donna can smoke in Chapter 14?
(a) Donna's house.
(b) An alley.
(c) A park.
(d) Tara's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
2. What do Tara and Donna go to purchase in Chapter 20?
3. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
4. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
5. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
2. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
3. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
4. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
6. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
7. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
8. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
9. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
10. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)