|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) To smile the whole way.
(b) Step on every crack.
(c) To not look down.
(d) To be completely silent.
2. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Uncle Joe.
(d) Sister Margaret.
3. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
(a) One at a time.
(b) From left to right.
(c) With the same pressure on each finger.
(d) All at the same time.
4. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Make smores.
(b) Give him the rest.
(c) Save the rest.
(d) Throw it away.
5. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
(a) Using drugs.
(b) Starting fires.
(c) Having sex.
(d) Skipping school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
2. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
3. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
4. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
5. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
2. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
3. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
4. What treatment has Sam received for his condition? How does Tara relate to his discussion about OCD in Chapter 18?
5. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
6. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
7. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
8. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
9. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
10. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)