|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(b) Her OCD.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Give him the rest.
(b) Save the rest.
(c) Make smores.
(d) Throw it away.
3. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Mumbling to herself.
(b) Counting sidewalk cracks.
(c) Reciting bible verses.
(d) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
4. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
(a) If there will be a test next week.
(b) If the slaves might have preferred it before the Civil War.
(c) If there might be more planets in the solar sytem.
(d) How to find the area of a triangle.
5. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
2. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
3. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
4. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
5. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
3. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
4. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
5. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
6. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
7. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
8. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
9. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
10. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)