|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's brother.
(b) Sam's Uncle Joe.
(c) Sam's father.
(d) Sam's grandfather.
2. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
(a) A white hat.
(b) A red dress.
(c) A blue coat.
(d) Green shoes.
3. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
(a) A play.
(b) An amateur night.
(c) A rock concert.
(d) A trophy presentation.
4. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
5. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Uncle Joe.
(c) Father O'Malley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
3. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
4. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
2. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
3. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
4. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
5. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
6. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
7. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
8. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
9. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
10. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)