|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(b) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
2. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
(a) A museum.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) A movie theatre.
(d) A racetrack.
3. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
(b) Mumbling to herself.
(c) Counting sidewalk cracks.
(d) Reciting bible verses.
4. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
5. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
(a) The cerebrum.
(b) The parietal lobe.
(c) The basal ganglia.
(d) The hippocampus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
2. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
3. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
4. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
5. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
2. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
3. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
4. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
5. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
6. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
7. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
8. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
9. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
10. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)