|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
(a) If the slaves might have preferred it before the Civil War.
(b) How to find the area of a triangle.
(c) If there will be a test next week.
(d) If there might be more planets in the solar sytem.
2. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
3. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
4. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
(a) The mail.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) The laundry.
5. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
(a) Have her committed.
(b) Move to Alaska.
(c) Divorce Tara's father.
(d) Have another baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
2. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
3. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
4. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
5. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
2. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
3. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
4. What treatment has Sam received for his condition? How does Tara relate to his discussion about OCD in Chapter 18?
5. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
6. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
7. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
8. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
9. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
10. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)