|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
(c) Working as a travel agent.
(d) Working in a laboratory.
2. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Reciting bible verses.
(b) Mumbling to herself.
(c) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
(d) Counting sidewalk cracks.
3. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
4. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(a) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(b) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
(d) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
5. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) An amateur night.
(c) A trophy presentation.
(d) A play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
2. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
3. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
4. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
5. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
4. How does Tara relate her school studies to her own life in Chapter 21?
5. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
6. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
7. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
8. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
9. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
10. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)