|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
2. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A note.
(c) A crystal doorknob.
(d) A golden key.
3. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
4. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
(c) Valentine's Day.
5. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Eventually go away.
(b) Liberate her.
(c) Get bigger and bigger.
(d) Destroy her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
2. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
3. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
4. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
2. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
3. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
4. What is the purpose of the book's Afterword? Who is it written by and what does it contain?
5. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
6. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
7. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
8. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
9. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
10. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)