|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
(b) New York.
2. What does Tara do during the play she performs in in Chapter 13?
(a) Runs onstage screaming.
(b) Starts counting the lights.
(c) Begins praying.
(d) Forgets her lines.
3. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "That's okay. It's not important."
(b) "Get it all out."
(c) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(d) "How dare you."
4. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
5. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
(a) Radation treatments.
(d) Shock treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara tells her new psychiatrist that she looks like what, in Chapter 19?
2. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
3. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
4. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
5. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
2. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
3. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
4. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
5. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
6. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
7. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
8. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
9. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
10. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)