|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
2. Where do Donna and Tara go so that Donna can smoke in Chapter 14?
(a) An alley.
(b) Donna's house.
(c) Tara's house.
(d) A park.
3. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) English poetry.
4. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
(a) A blue coat.
(b) Green shoes.
(c) A white hat.
(d) A red dress.
5. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Walks away.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Starts to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
2. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
3. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
4. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
5. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
3. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
4. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
5. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
6. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
7. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
8. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
9. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
10. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)