|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 1 minute.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A note.
(b) A crystal doorknob.
(c) A golden key.
(d) A bracelet.
3. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
4. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Have a tyrant in your head.
(b) Kiss doorknobs.
(c) Feel frustrated.
(d) Be misdiagnosed.
5. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's father.
(b) Sam's grandfather.
(c) Sam's brother.
(d) Sam's Uncle Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who asks Tara about her condition?
2. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
3. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
5. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
2. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
3. How does Tara describe her analysis of her dream from the beginning of the novel in Chapter 23?
4. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
5. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
6. What conflict takes place between Tara and her father in Chapter 17?
7. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
8. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
9. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
10. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)