|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) To be completely silent.
(b) To not look down.
(c) Step on every crack.
(d) To smile the whole way.
2. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
(a) H. T. Murphy M.D.
(b) W. C. Roberts Ph.D.
(c) A. J. Allen, M.D. and Ph.D.
(d) T. T. Rodriguez D.D.S. and Ph.D.
3. What does Tara do during the play she performs in in Chapter 13?
(a) Begins praying.
(b) Runs onstage screaming.
(c) Forgets her lines.
(d) Starts counting the lights.
4. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
(c) New York.
5. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's brother.
(b) Sam's Uncle Joe.
(c) Sam's grandfather.
(d) Sam's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
2. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
3. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
4. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
5. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fortunes are read by Tara's family at the Chinese restaurant in Chapter 16?
2. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
3. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
4. What treatment does Dr. Leopardi suggest in Chapter 19? How difficult does she tell Tara it will be?
5. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
6. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
7. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
8. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
9. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
10. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)