|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) Step on every crack.
(b) To be completely silent.
(c) To not look down.
(d) To smile the whole way.
2. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's brother.
(b) Sam's father.
(c) Sam's Uncle Joe.
(d) Sam's grandfather.
3. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
(b) A physical illness.
(c) A personality disorder.
4. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If he's made her unhappy.
(b) If he can do anything to help her.
(c) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(d) If she is worried about something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
2. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
3. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
4. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
5. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
2. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
3. How does Tara feel about Sam's impending visit in Chapter 18? How does she greet him?
4. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
5. How does Tara's treatment with Susan Leopardi begin in Chapter 20?
6. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
7. What does Mr. Jacobson make of Tara in Chapter 17? What questions does he ask her?
8. What does Sam bring Tara in Chapter 22? Why?
9. What treatment has Sam received for his condition? How does Tara relate to his discussion about OCD in Chapter 18?
10. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)