|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
(a) Ghost text.
(d) Mirror text.
2. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(a) Tara's father.
(b) Tara's mother.
(d) Father O'Malley.
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
(c) Freddy Kreuger.
(d) Her own thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
2. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
3. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
4. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
5. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. How does Tara describe her experience in the Christmas play in Chapter 13?
5. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
6. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
7. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
8. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
9. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
10. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)