|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara's mother gets a note from her teacher accusing Tara of not paying attention when she is comforting herself by doing what in Chapter 3?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Drawing pictures.
(c) Staring out the window.
2. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(a) Count Taracula.
(d) Tantrum Tara.
3. Tara thinks "Keesha is" what in Chapter 5?
(a) "A jerk."
(b) "A nun."
(c) "An a**hole."
(d) "A player."
4. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
5. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
2. Tara sees "the kindness and generosity underneath" Donna's what, in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 4, Tara says that "invisible ____ had snuck into my brain."
4. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
5. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
2. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
3. How has Greta's relationship with Tara shifted between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
4. How does Tara find security in religion, as illustrated in Chapter 6?
5. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
6. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
7. What does Tara reveal to Donna about herself in Chapter 12? What is Donna's reaction?
8. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
9. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
10. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)