|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Who does Tara go and sleep with when her parents are home late in Chapter 8?
3. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
4. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
(c) Her own thoughts.
(d) Freddy Kreuger.
5. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
(a) Compulsive behavior.
(c) Depressive behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
2. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
3. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
4. Tara's mother tells Tara that she did what when she was young in Chapter 3?
5. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new behavior has Tara adopted in the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with Sam in Chapter 23? How has Tara grown by the novel's end?
3. How does Tara describe her family in Chapter 23?
4. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
5. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
6. How have Tara's relationships with her friends changed by seventh grade?
7. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
8. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
9. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
10. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)