|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(c) Tantrum Tara.
(d) Count Taracula.
2. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
3. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
(a) Depressive behavior.
(c) Compulsive behavior.
4. Tara's mother tells Tara that she did what when she was young in Chapter 3?
(a) Joined the army.
(b) Beat up a bully.
(c) Ran away from home.
(d) Smoked pot.
5. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(b) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
(c) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
(d) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
2. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
3. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
4. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
5. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
2. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
3. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
4. What is Tara's response when confronted about her behavior by a friend in Chapter 4? How do her friends react?
5. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
6. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
7. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
8. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
9. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
10. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)