|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
(a) Academy of St. Paul.
(b) St. Christopher Center for Learning.
(c) St. Francis School.
(d) St. Mark's Academy.
2. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(c) Rising action.
3. Who has been hospitalized for anorexia in Chapter 9?
4. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
(b) Ghost text.
(d) Mirror text.
5. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
2. When was the American Legion founded?
3. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
4. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
5. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
2. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
3. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
4. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
5. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
6. How has Tara's erratic behavior evolved at the beginning of Chapter 4? What does Tara do about her condition?
7. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
8. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
9. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
10. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)