|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
(a) Tearing the net down.
(b) Serving the ball.
(c) Walking off the court during play.
(d) Missing a ball.
2. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) Her worst nightmare.
(b) A bad dream.
(c) A matter of time.
(d) A rare occurance.
3. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Play catcher.
(b) Keep score.
(c) Coach the team.
(d) Play pitcher.
4. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Bipolar Disorder."
(b) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(c) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
(d) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
(c) Freddy Kreuger.
(d) Her own thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
2. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
3. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
4. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
5. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
2. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
3. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
4. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
5. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
6. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
7. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
8. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
9. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
10. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)