|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities?
2. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
3. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
(a) The bank.
(b) The library.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The pool.
4. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder and immaturity.
(b) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
5. Tara's mother tells Tara that she did what when she was young in Chapter 3?
(a) Ran away from home.
(b) Beat up a bully.
(c) Smoked pot.
(d) Joined the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
2. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
3. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
4. What does Tara take from a store in Chapter 12?
5. What word means to repeat, duplicate, or reproduce, especially for experimental purposes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tara's erratic behavior evolved at the beginning of Chapter 4? What does Tara do about her condition?
2. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
3. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
4. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
5. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
6. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
7. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
8. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
9. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
10. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)