|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
(b) Ghost text.
(c) Mirror text.
2. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A whale.
(c) A monster.
(d) An elephant.
3. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
(a) Compulsive behavior.
(b) Depressive behavior.
4. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
5. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
(a) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(b) Attention Deficit Disorder and immaturity.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
2. What did Donna call Tara because she looked spongy and blond in Chapter 11?
3. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Tara's mother run to after a scene at the carnival in Chapter 10?
5. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
3. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
4. How has Greta's relationship with Tara shifted between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
5. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
6. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
7. What is Tara's response when confronted about her behavior by a friend in Chapter 4? How do her friends react?
8. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
9. How does Tara describe the summer between fifth and sixth grades in Chapter 7?
10. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)