|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to beat up Tara's parents for her in Chapter 6?
(b) Sister Margaret.
2. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
3. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
(a) "Step on a crack, break your mother's back."
(b) "Mary, Mary, quite contrary."
(c) "I'm rubber, you're glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
(d) "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me."
4. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
(b) Her brother.
5. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) Worse than hers.
(b) Pretty normal.
(c) As bad as hers.
(d) Not as bad as hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
2. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
3. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
5. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
2. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
5. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
6. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
7. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
8. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
9. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
10. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)