|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Tara's mother.
2. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) As bad as hers.
(b) Not as bad as hers.
(c) Worse than hers.
(d) Pretty normal.
3. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
(a) Rising action.
4. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) First grade.
(c) Third grade.
5. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
2. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
3. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
4. When Tara's father takes her to work with him, Tara is happy with the routine they get into of eating where in Chapter 8?
5. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tara's erratic behavior evolved at the beginning of Chapter 4? What does Tara do about her condition?
2. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
3. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
4. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
5. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
6. How does Tara describe her best friends in Chapter 3? What grade is Tara in at this point?
7. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
8. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
9. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
10. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)