|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Play catcher.
(b) Play pitcher.
(c) Coach the team.
(d) Keep score.
2. Who does Tara's mother run to after a scene at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(b) Dr. Rosenbaum.
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Mr. Philips.
3. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
(a) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(b) St Louis, Missouri.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
4. What does Donna ask Tara if she has in Chapter 11?
(a) A snack.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) A match.
(d) A math book.
5. When Tara and her friends are looking at magazines in Chapter 7, who exclaims how good the models look?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
2. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
4. Who approaches Tara angry because they don't hang out anymore in Chapter 12?
5. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tara reveal to Donna about herself in Chapter 12? What is Donna's reaction?
2. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. What is Tara's response when confronted about her behavior by a friend in Chapter 4? How do her friends react?
5. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
6. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
7. How does Chapter 11 serve the plot of the narrative? How do the events in this chapter relate to those in Chapter 10?
8. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
9. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
10. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)