|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(b) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
(c) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
(d) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
2. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 6, in fear of her sinful thoughts, Tara says that she begins to do what?
(a) Bake cookies.
(b) Watch religious shows on television.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Study religion.
4. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
(b) Depressive behavior.
(c) Compulsive behavior.
5. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's brother.
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Tara's sister.
(d) Tara's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
2. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
3. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
4. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
5. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
2. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
3. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
4. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
5. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
6. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
7. What does Tara reveal to Donna about herself in Chapter 12? What is Donna's reaction?
8. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
9. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
10. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)