|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
2. What is Donna's last name?
3. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
4. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
(a) Academy of St. Paul.
(b) St. Christopher Center for Learning.
(c) St. Francis School.
(d) St. Mark's Academy.
5. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(b) Counting the cars driving by.
(c) Counting people with black shoes.
(d) Counting the birds flying by.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
2. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
3. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
4. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
5. Tara's mother gets a note from her teacher accusing Tara of not paying attention when she is comforting herself by doing what in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
2. How does Tara describe her best friends in Chapter 3? What grade is Tara in at this point?
3. How does Tara find security in religion, as illustrated in Chapter 6?
4. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
5. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
6. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
7. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
8. How does Tara describe the summer between fifth and sixth grades in Chapter 7?
9. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
10. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)