|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
2. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's brother.
(b) Tara's sister.
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
3. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
(a) A whale.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A monster.
(d) An elephant.
4. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
5. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
2. Who approaches Tara angry because they don't hang out anymore in Chapter 12?
3. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
4. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
5. When Tara's father takes her to work with him, Tara is happy with the routine they get into of eating where in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
2. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
3. How does Christmas Day end for Tara in Chapter 14?
4. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
5. How is the obstacle of diagnosis growing to a climax in Chapter 16?
6. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
7. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
8. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
9. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
10. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)