|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the cars driving by.
(b) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(c) Counting the birds flying by.
(d) Counting people with black shoes.
2. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pretty normal.
(b) As bad as hers.
(c) Not as bad as hers.
(d) Worse than hers.
3. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
4. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
5. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
2. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
3. What is Donna's last name?
4. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
5. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. How have Tara's relationships with her friends changed by seventh grade?
3. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
4. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
5. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
6. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
7. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
8. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
9. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
10. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)