|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
(a) Academy of St. Paul.
(b) St. Mark's Academy.
(c) St. Christopher Center for Learning.
(d) St. Francis School.
2. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) Her worst nightmare.
(b) A bad dream.
(c) A matter of time.
(d) A rare occurance.
3. Who believes that catechism is making Tara like this in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's uncle.
(b) Tara's mother.
(c) Tara's aunt.
(d) Tara's father.
4. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
(a) Using drugs.
(b) Stealing cable television.
5. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
(b) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
(c) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(d) "Bipolar Disorder."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
2. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
3. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
4. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
5. Tara's mother gets a note from her teacher accusing Tara of not paying attention when she is comforting herself by doing what in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
2. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
3. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
4. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
5. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
6. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
7. How does Chapter 11 serve the plot of the narrative? How do the events in this chapter relate to those in Chapter 10?
8. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
9. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
10. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)