|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Phillips.
(c) Mrs. Scott.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
2. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
3. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(a) Rising action.
4. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Crosses herself.
(c) Calls for her mother.
(d) Throws up.
5. What is Donna's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
2. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
4. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 7, Tara says that the summer between fifth and sixth grades was almost normal, although she would not do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
2. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
3. How does Chapter 11 serve the plot of the narrative? How do the events in this chapter relate to those in Chapter 10?
4. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
5. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
6. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
7. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
8. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
9. How is the character of Greta depicted in Chapter 7?
10. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)