|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
2. To whom does Tara pray to when she is frightened at home alone in Chapter 8?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
3. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
4. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
5. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(c) St Louis, Missouri.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
2. What school friend of Tara's is concerned with her weight?
3. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
4. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe the phrase that began her problems in Chapter 1?
2. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
3. How does Tara describe the summer between fifth and sixth grades in Chapter 7?
4. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
5. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
6. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
7. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
8. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
9. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
10. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)