|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that she doesn't need to starve herself to feel special in Chapter 7?
2. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
3. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
(a) Her own thoughts.
(b) Freddy Kreuger.
4. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Coach the team.
(b) Play pitcher.
(c) Keep score.
(d) Play catcher.
5. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
2. Who has been hospitalized for anorexia in Chapter 9?
3. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
4. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
5. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
2. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
3. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
4. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
5. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
6. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
7. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
8. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
9. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
10. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)