|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school friend of Tara's is concerned with her weight?
2. What is Donna's last name?
3. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
2. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
4. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
5. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara deal with her parents' absence while they are at work in Chapter 8?
2. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
3. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
4. What do Tara and Donna spend Christmas doing in Chapter 14? What does Tara ask Donna?
5. What draws Tara to Donna as a person in Chapter 11?
6. In terms of character arc, where is Tara in Chapter 10? How is this chapter an imprint on her character?
7. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
8. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
9. How does Tara's mother feel after taking Tara to a doctor in Chapter 15? How has Tara's behavior progressed?
10. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)