|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
2. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
(b) Her own thoughts.
(d) Freddy Kreuger.
3. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
4. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
5. What did Donna call Tara because she looked spongy and blond in Chapter 11?
(a) A pound cake.
(b) A ding dong.
(c) A Twinkie.
(d) A sea cucumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
2. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
3. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
4. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
5. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
2. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
3. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
4. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
5. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
6. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
7. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
8. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
9. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
10. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)