|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
2. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
(a) Rising action.
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(b) Tantrum Tara.
(d) Count Taracula.
5. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
(a) The pool.
(b) The library.
(c) The bank.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
2. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
3. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
4. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
5. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
2. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
3. How is Donna described in Chapter 11?
4. How does Tara describe the phrase that began her problems in Chapter 1?
5. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
6. What is Tara's response when confronted about her behavior by a friend in Chapter 4? How do her friends react?
7. How has Tara's erratic behavior evolved at the beginning of Chapter 4? What does Tara do about her condition?
8. How does Tara describe the summer between fifth and sixth grades in Chapter 7?
9. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
10. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)