|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the birds flying by.
(b) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(c) Counting the cars driving by.
(d) Counting people with black shoes.
2. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
3. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
5. Who does Tara go and sleep with when her parents are home late in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donna's last name?
2. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
3. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tara's erratic behavior evolved at the beginning of Chapter 4? What does Tara do about her condition?
2. What leads Tara to study religion in Chapter 6? How is this perceived by her family?
3. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
4. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
5. What is Tara's response when confronted about her behavior by a friend in Chapter 4? How do her friends react?
6. How does Tara describe her best friends in Chapter 3? What grade is Tara in at this point?
7. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
8. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
9. How is the character of Greta depicted in Chapter 7?
10. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)