|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
(b) Don't trust each other.
(d) Eat too much.
2. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
3. What is Donna's last name?
4. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(c) Donna's house.
5. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A whale.
(d) A monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
2. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
3. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
4. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
5. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara view language in Chapter 5? Why?
2. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
3. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
4. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
5. How does Tara feel about her inward thoughts in Chapter 5?
6. How is the character of Greta depicted in Chapter 7?
7. How does Chapter 11 serve the plot of the narrative? How do the events in this chapter relate to those in Chapter 10?
8. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
9. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
10. How have Tara's relationships with her friends changed by seventh grade?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)