|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
(a) Chuck and Kevin.
(b) Sam and Chuck.
(c) Richard and Sam.
(d) Kevin and Richard.
2. When Tara's father takes her to work with him, Tara is happy with the routine they get into of eating where in Chapter 8?
(a) Burrito Gigante.
(b) Popalopagus' Gyro Shack.
(c) Cavaccio's Beef Stand.
(d) Captain Smitty's Seafood Dock.
3. What word refers to a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities?
4. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
(a) St. Buonfiglio Monaldo.
(b) St. Francis of Rome.
(c) St. Michael, the Archangel.
(d) St. Ambrose.
5. Tara thinks "Keesha is" what in Chapter 5?
(a) "A player."
(b) "A nun."
(c) "A jerk."
(d) "An a**hole."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara's mother run to after a scene at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
3. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
4. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara feel after the incident at the carnival in Chapter 10? What new fear has arisen?
2. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
3. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
4. How does Tara describe the phrase that began her problems in Chapter 1?
5. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
6. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
7. What leads up to Tara's stealing in Chapter 12? What does she do after stealing?
8. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
9. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
10. What does Tara overhear her parents saying about her in Chapter 6? How does Tara feel about the situation?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)