|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(c) Rising action.
2. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
(b) Catechism class.
(d) The pool.
3. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder and immaturity.
(b) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
4. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
(a) A whale.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
2. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
3. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
4. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
5. What word means to repeat, duplicate, or reproduce, especially for experimental purposes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21? Who in the class understands Tara's question?
2. How has Tara evolved as a character from the beginning of the novel to Chapter 22?
3. Discuss the emotion in Chapter 9 between Tara and Keesha. How does Tara react to pushing her friend?
4. What does Tara go with Donna to purchase in Chapter 20? Why?
5. What is Tara's first meeting with Dr. Susan Leopardi like in Chapter 19?
6. What causes unexpected trauma in Tara's life in Chapter 10?
7. How has Tara's emotional life evolved in Chapter 13?
8. How does Tara come to feel about Keesha in Chapter 5? Why? What does this evolve into?
9. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
10. How is the character of Greta depicted in Chapter 7?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)