|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
2. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Tara says that she is afraid of what?
(b) Her own thoughts.
(d) Freddy Kreuger.
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
5. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
2. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
3. What does Emily interrupt Tara from doing compulsively in Chapter 1?
4. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara find security in religion, as illustrated in Chapter 6?
2. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
3. How are the relationships between Tara and her friends described in Chapter 7?
4. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
5. How has Greta's relationship with Tara shifted between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
6. What does Tara relate about her family and her relationship with her father in Chapter 8?
7. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
8. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
9. How does Tara defend her friendship with Donna to Keesha in Chapter 12?
10. What takes place at the carnival in Chapter 10?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)