|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) To be completely silent.
(b) To not look down.
(c) To smile the whole way.
(d) Step on every crack.
2. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Attention Deficit Disorder.
3. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 1 minute.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
5. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
(a) A racetrack.
(b) A museum.
(c) A movie theatre.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
6. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Tara's mother.
7. What does Tara do during the play she performs in in Chapter 13?
(a) Begins praying.
(b) Starts counting the lights.
(c) Forgets her lines.
(d) Runs onstage screaming.
8. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Rituals she wants to stop.
(b) Places she would like to go.
(c) Favorite activities.
(d) Her friends.
9. In Chapter 19, who asks Tara about her condition?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(b) Father O'Malley.
(c) Sister Margaret.
10. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Turn lights on and off.
(b) Stack the dishes.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Wash his hands.
11. What question does Tara greet Sam with when he arrives in Chapter 18?
(a) "Do you...kiss doorknobs?"
(b) "What is it like for you?"
(c) "Do you live with tyrants?"
(d) "Can you feel my pain?"
12. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
(a) Making snow angels.
(b) Throwing snowballs.
(c) Making snow men.
(d) Shoveling snow.
13. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
14. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
15. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss doorknobs.
(b) Be misdiagnosed.
(c) Have a tyrant in your head.
(d) Feel frustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
2. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
3. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
4. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
5. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)