|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Eventually go away.
(b) Get bigger and bigger.
(c) Destroy her.
(d) Liberate her.
2. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
(a) A play.
(b) An amateur night.
(c) A rock concert.
(d) A trophy presentation.
3. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
(a) Wave goodbye.
(b) Put both their hands on the screen.
(c) Agree to call each other.
(d) Kiss each other.
4. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
5. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
(a) If the slaves might have preferred it before the Civil War.
(b) How to find the area of a triangle.
(c) If there might be more planets in the solar sytem.
(d) If there will be a test next week.
6. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
(a) Exposure and response prevention therapy.
(b) Cause and effect therapy.
(c) Therapy of reason.
(d) Emotional therapy.
7. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
(c) New York.
8. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A department store.
(d) A farmers market.
9. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Make smores.
(b) Give him the rest.
(c) Save the rest.
(d) Throw it away.
10. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) To not look down.
(b) To smile the whole way.
(c) Step on every crack.
(d) To be completely silent.
11. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Counting sidewalk cracks.
(b) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
(c) Reciting bible verses.
(d) Mumbling to herself.
12. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
13. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Favorite activities.
(b) Rituals she wants to stop.
(c) Places she would like to go.
(d) Her friends.
14. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
(a) Starting fires.
(b) Having sex.
(c) Using drugs.
(d) Skipping school.
15. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
(a) Winks at her.
(b) Reprimands her.
(d) Says the Lord's Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead how many times a day in Chapter 20?
2. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
3. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
4. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
5. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)