|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
(a) The library.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The hardware store.
(d) A bookstore.
2. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A note.
(b) A golden key.
(c) A crystal doorknob.
(d) A bracelet.
3. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
(b) David's father.
(c) Greta's cousin.
(d) Tara's father.
4. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
(a) A drugstore.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A farmers market.
(d) A department store.
5. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
6. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
(b) Reprimands her.
(c) Says the Lord's Prayer.
(d) Winks at her.
7. What is one factor of Sam's recovery, as explained in Chapter 18?
(a) Shock therapy.
(c) Radiation therapy.
(d) Isolation therapy.
8. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
(c) Working in a laboratory.
(d) Working as a travel agent.
9. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "That's okay. It's not important."
(b) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(c) "How dare you."
(d) "Get it all out."
10. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Be misdiagnosed.
(b) Have a tyrant in your head.
(c) Feel frustrated.
(d) Kiss doorknobs.
11. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
(c) A physical illness.
(d) A personality disorder.
12. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
(a) Shoveling snow.
(b) Making snow angels.
(c) Throwing snowballs.
(d) Making snow men.
13. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
(a) Move to Alaska.
(b) Divorce Tara's father.
(c) Have another baby.
(d) Have her committed.
14. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
(a) Agree to call each other.
(b) Kiss each other.
(c) Put both their hands on the screen.
(d) Wave goodbye.
15. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If she is worried about something.
(b) If he's made her unhappy.
(c) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(d) If he can do anything to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
2. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
3. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
4. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)