|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
(a) The food is too spicy.
(b) She is busy arranging her food.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is already full.
2. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
(a) Making snow angels.
(b) Throwing snowballs.
(c) Shoveling snow.
(d) Making snow men.
3. What do Tara and Donna go to purchase in Chapter 20?
4. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
5. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
(a) Therapy of reason.
(b) Emotional therapy.
(c) Exposure and response prevention therapy.
(d) Cause and effect therapy.
6. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
(a) Greta's cousin.
(b) David's father.
(c) Tara's father.
7. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
8. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Favorite activities.
(b) Places she would like to go.
(c) Rituals she wants to stop.
(d) Her friends.
9. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Her father.
(b) Susan Leopardi.
(c) Her OCD.
(d) Her mother.
10. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
11. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
(a) T. T. Rodriguez D.D.S. and Ph.D.
(b) A. J. Allen, M.D. and Ph.D.
(c) H. T. Murphy M.D.
(d) W. C. Roberts Ph.D.
12. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 1 minute.
(d) 5 minutes.
13. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
14. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If he can do anything to help her.
(b) If she is worried about something.
(c) If he's made her unhappy.
(d) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
15. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in adults?
2. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
3. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
4. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
5. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)