|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Mop the floors.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Stack the dishes.
(d) Turn lights on and off.
2. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) English poetry.
3. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 1 minute.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
(b) Susan Leopardi.
(c) Sister Margaret.
5. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(b) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
(c) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
(d) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
6. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Counting sidewalk cracks.
(b) Mumbling to herself.
(c) Reciting bible verses.
(d) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
7. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The library.
(d) The hardware store.
8. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(b) Her OCD.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
9. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
(a) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
(c) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
10. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
(a) A farmers market.
(b) A department store.
(c) A drugstore.
(d) A grocery store.
11. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
(a) Keesha and Anna.
(b) Anna and Donna.
(c) Chuck and Greta.
(d) Chuck and Donna.
12. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
13. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. Mr. Jacobson knows someone with a similar problem as Tara's from where?
(a) A television interview.
(b) His students.
(c) A magazine article.
(d) A doctor he visits.
15. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
2. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead how many times a day in Chapter 20?
3. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
4. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
5. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)