|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "That's okay. It's not important."
(b) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(c) "Get it all out."
(d) "How dare you."
2. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
(d) New York.
3. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss doorknobs.
(b) Have a tyrant in your head.
(c) Be misdiagnosed.
(d) Feel frustrated.
4. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
(a) If the slaves might have preferred it before the Civil War.
(b) How to find the area of a triangle.
(c) If there might be more planets in the solar sytem.
(d) If there will be a test next week.
5. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) Step on every crack.
(b) To smile the whole way.
(c) To not look down.
(d) To be completely silent.
6. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A note.
(b) A crystal doorknob.
(c) A golden key.
(d) A bracelet.
7. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Liberate her.
(b) Eventually go away.
(c) Destroy her.
(d) Get bigger and bigger.
8. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
(a) Greta's cousin.
(b) Tara's father.
(d) David's father.
9. What does Tara do during the play she performs in in Chapter 13?
(a) Runs onstage screaming.
(b) Forgets her lines.
(c) Begins praying.
(d) Starts counting the lights.
10. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Father O'Malley.
(d) Uncle Joe.
11. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
12. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
(a) Keesha and Anna.
(b) Chuck and Donna.
(c) Anna and Donna.
(d) Chuck and Greta.
13. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Walks away.
14. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Turn lights on and off.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Stack the dishes.
(d) Mop the floors.
15. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
2. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
3. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
4. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
5. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)