|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
(a) Anna and Donna.
(b) Chuck and Greta.
(c) Chuck and Donna.
(d) Keesha and Anna.
2. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
(a) W. C. Roberts Ph.D.
(b) A. J. Allen, M.D. and Ph.D.
(c) H. T. Murphy M.D.
(d) T. T. Rodriguez D.D.S. and Ph.D.
3. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If he's made her unhappy.
(b) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(c) If he can do anything to help her.
(d) If she is worried about something.
5. What does Tara do after her routing of putting her fingers on the doorknob in Chapter 15?
(a) Closes her eyes.
(b) Puts her fingers to her lips.
(c) Touches her ear.
(d) Takes a deep breath.
6. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
(a) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Attention Deficit Disorder.
7. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Get bigger and bigger.
(b) Eventually go away.
(c) Liberate her.
(d) Destroy her.
8. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
(a) All at the same time.
(b) With the same pressure on each finger.
(c) One at a time.
(d) From left to right.
9. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
(a) If she believes in God.
(b) If she is a virgin.
(c) If she plans to graduate.
(d) If she is a Republican.
10. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
11. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Susan Leopardi.
(d) Her OCD.
12. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
(a) Shoveling snow.
(b) Throwing snowballs.
(c) Making snow men.
(d) Making snow angels.
13. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
(a) The bakery.
(b) The hardware store.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) The library.
14. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
(b) Valentine's Day.
15. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
(a) Winks at her.
(b) Says the Lord's Prayer.
(c) Reprimands her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
2. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
3. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
5. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)