|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(b) "That's okay. It's not important."
(c) "Get it all out."
(d) "How dare you."
2. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
(a) A movie theatre.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) A racetrack.
(d) A museum.
3. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A note.
(c) A golden key.
(d) A crystal doorknob.
4. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
(a) Shock treatments.
(c) Radation treatments.
5. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 minute.
6. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
(a) Using drugs.
(b) Skipping school.
(c) Starting fires.
(d) Having sex.
8. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Susan Leopardi.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her OCD.
9. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
(b) A plate of food.
(c) The laundry.
(d) The mail.
10. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
(a) If she is a virgin.
(b) If she is a Republican.
(c) If she believes in God.
(d) If she plans to graduate.
11. What is one factor of Sam's recovery, as explained in Chapter 18?
(a) Isolation therapy.
(b) Radiation therapy.
(c) Shock therapy.
12. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
(a) With the same pressure on each finger.
(b) All at the same time.
(c) From left to right.
(d) One at a time.
13. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
(b) Uncle Joe.
(c) Sister Margaret.
(d) Father O'Malley.
14. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If he can do anything to help her.
(b) If she is worried about something.
(c) If he's made her unhappy.
(d) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
15. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
(a) The basal ganglia.
(b) The parietal lobe.
(c) The cerebrum.
(d) The hippocampus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
2. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
3. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
4. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
5. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)