|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
2. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(a) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(b) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
(d) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
3. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
(a) The library.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) The hardware store.
(d) The bakery.
4. Tara tells her new psychiatrist that she looks like what, in Chapter 19?
(a) "A scared little girl."
(b) "A crazed vampire."
(c) "A cheerleader for crazy people."
(d) "A basket case."
5. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her OCD.
6. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Destroy her.
(b) Liberate her.
(c) Get bigger and bigger.
(d) Eventually go away.
7. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
(a) Radation treatments.
(b) Shock treatments.
8. In Chapter 14, Donna and Tara spend Christmas day doing what?
(a) Making snow angels.
(b) Throwing snowballs.
(c) Making snow men.
(d) Shoveling snow.
9. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She is already full.
(c) She is busy arranging her food.
(d) The food is too spicy.
10. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A note.
(b) A golden key.
(c) A crystal doorknob.
(d) A bracelet.
11. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
(a) Keesha and Anna.
(b) Chuck and Donna.
(c) Anna and Donna.
(d) Chuck and Greta.
12. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Stack the dishes.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Turn lights on and off.
(d) Mop the floors.
13. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
(a) His parakeet died.
(b) He bought a puppy.
(c) He got sick.
(d) He stopped answering his phone.
14. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
(a) Using drugs.
(b) Having sex.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Starting fires.
15. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
2. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
3. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
4. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
5. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)