|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
(a) Have her committed.
(b) Have another baby.
(c) Move to Alaska.
(d) Divorce Tara's father.
2. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) Stack the dishes.
(c) Mop the floors.
(d) Turn lights on and off.
3. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
4. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
(a) Winks at her.
(c) Reprimands her.
(d) Says the Lord's Prayer.
5. What does Tara do during the play she performs in in Chapter 13?
(a) Runs onstage screaming.
(b) Forgets her lines.
(c) Begins praying.
(d) Starts counting the lights.
6. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
(b) Greta's cousin.
(c) Tara's father.
(d) David's father.
7. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
8. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
9. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Favorite activities.
(b) Places she would like to go.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Rituals she wants to stop.
10. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
11. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(b) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
(c) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(d) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
12. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Save the rest.
(b) Give him the rest.
(c) Make smores.
(d) Throw it away.
13. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 1 minute.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
14. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
(a) Cause and effect therapy.
(b) Emotional therapy.
(c) Therapy of reason.
(d) Exposure and response prevention therapy.
15. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
(a) One at a time.
(b) All at the same time.
(c) From left to right.
(d) With the same pressure on each finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
2. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
3. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
4. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)