|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Donna and Tara go so that Donna can smoke in Chapter 14?
(a) Donna's house.
(b) An alley.
(c) A park.
(d) Tara's house.
2. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Have a tyrant in your head.
(b) Be misdiagnosed.
(c) Kiss doorknobs.
(d) Feel frustrated.
3. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
(a) A red dress.
(b) A white hat.
(c) Green shoes.
(d) A blue coat.
4. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
5. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
6. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
7. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
8. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
(a) A trophy presentation.
(b) An amateur night.
(c) A play.
(d) A rock concert.
9. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
10. Where does Tara's family go to eat in Chapter 16?
(a) A museum.
(b) A movie theatre.
(c) A racetrack.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
11. Mr. Jacobson knows someone with a similar problem as Tara's from where?
(a) A television interview.
(b) A magazine article.
(c) A doctor he visits.
(d) His students.
12. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) Mop the floors.
(c) Stack the dishes.
(d) Turn lights on and off.
13. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
14. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "That's okay. It's not important."
(b) "How dare you."
(c) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(d) "Get it all out."
15. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tara take her friends on the way home from school in Chapter 21?
2. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
3. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
4. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
5. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)