|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Jacobson knows someone with a similar problem as Tara's from where?
(a) A magazine article.
(b) A doctor he visits.
(c) His students.
(d) A television interview.
2. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
3. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Eventually go away.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Liberate her.
(d) Get bigger and bigger.
4. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If she is worried about something.
(b) If he's made her unhappy.
(c) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(d) If he can do anything to help her.
6. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
(a) How to find the area of a triangle.
(b) If there might be more planets in the solar sytem.
(c) If there will be a test next week.
(d) If the slaves might have preferred it before the Civil War.
7. Where do Donna and Tara go so that Donna can smoke in Chapter 14?
(a) Tara's house.
(b) An alley.
(c) A park.
(d) Donna's house.
8. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(a) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
(b) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
(c) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
9. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
10. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
11. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(d) Sister Margaret.
12. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
13. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
(a) Greta's cousin.
(c) David's father.
(d) Tara's father.
14. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
15. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Mop the floors.
(b) Turn lights on and off.
(c) Stack the dishes.
(d) Wash his hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
2. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
3. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
4. What does Tara do after her routing of putting her fingers on the doorknob in Chapter 15?
5. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)