|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
(a) W. C. Roberts Ph.D.
(b) T. T. Rodriguez D.D.S. and Ph.D.
(c) A. J. Allen, M.D. and Ph.D.
(d) H. T. Murphy M.D.
2. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's Uncle Joe.
(b) Sam's grandfather.
(c) Sam's father.
(d) Sam's brother.
3. What is Kristin doing in Chapter 21?
(a) Working as a travel agent.
(c) Working in a laboratory.
4. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Favorite activities.
(b) Places she would like to go.
(c) Rituals she wants to stop.
(d) Her friends.
5. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "That's okay. It's not important."
(b) "Get it all out."
(c) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(d) "How dare you."
6. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in adults?
7. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Reciting bible verses.
(b) Counting sidewalk cracks.
(c) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
(d) Mumbling to herself.
8. Tara tells her new psychiatrist that she looks like what, in Chapter 19?
(a) "A cheerleader for crazy people."
(b) "A crazed vampire."
(c) "A basket case."
(d) "A scared little girl."
9. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
10. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss doorknobs.
(b) Have a tyrant in your head.
(c) Feel frustrated.
(d) Be misdiagnosed.
11. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead how many times a day in Chapter 20?
12. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
13. In Chapter 19, who asks Tara about her condition?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Father O'Malley.
(d) Susan Leopardi.
14. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
15. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
3. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
5. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)