|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Starts to cry.
2. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
(b) Shock treatments.
(c) Radation treatments.
3. What do Tara and Donna go to purchase in Chapter 20?
4. Who does Tara ask to walk home with her after class in Chapter 21?
(a) Chuck and Donna.
(b) Chuck and Greta.
(c) Anna and Donna.
(d) Keesha and Anna.
5. Tara's new psychiatrist explains that the condition is a disease of the brain, not what, in Chapter 19?
(a) A physical illness.
(d) A personality disorder.
6. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
7. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
8. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Be misdiagnosed.
(b) Kiss doorknobs.
(c) Have a tyrant in your head.
(d) Feel frustrated.
9. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A note.
(b) A golden key.
(c) A crystal doorknob.
(d) A bracelet.
10. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(b) If he can do anything to help her.
(c) If he's made her unhappy.
(d) If she is worried about something.
11. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) To smile the whole way.
(b) To be completely silent.
(c) To not look down.
(d) Step on every crack.
12. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Make smores.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Give him the rest.
(d) Save the rest.
13. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
14. In Chapter 17, when Tara does her doorknob thing in front of her father, he gets angry when she won't stop what?
(c) Tapping her foot.
15. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Susan Leopardi.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her OCD.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
2. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
3. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
4. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
5. What is one factor of Sam's recovery, as explained in Chapter 18?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)