|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
2. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
(a) The basal ganglia.
(b) The cerebrum.
(c) The parietal lobe.
(d) The hippocampus.
3. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
4. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Destroy her.
(b) Liberate her.
(c) Eventually go away.
(d) Get bigger and bigger.
5. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
(a) All at the same time.
(b) From left to right.
(c) With the same pressure on each finger.
(d) One at a time.
6. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
7. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A farmers market.
(c) A department store.
(d) A drugstore.
8. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If he's made her unhappy.
(b) If she is worried about something.
(c) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(d) If he can do anything to help her.
9. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places how many fingers on the doorknob?
10. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Starts to cry.
11. Who wrote the Afterword to the novel?
(a) W. C. Roberts Ph.D.
(b) H. T. Murphy M.D.
(c) A. J. Allen, M.D. and Ph.D.
(d) T. T. Rodriguez D.D.S. and Ph.D.
12. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
(a) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
13. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
14. Tara blames her friend's pregnancy on whom in Chapter 23?
(b) Uncle Joe.
(c) Sister Margaret.
(d) Father O'Malley.
15. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
2. When Tara breaks down and tells everyone where to sit during the Christmas meal, her parents grab what and head out of the dining room?
3. Donna begins doing what in Chapter 13?
4. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
5. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)