|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
2. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(b) "How dare you."
(c) "That's okay. It's not important."
(d) "Get it all out."
3. According to the Afterword, OCD affects about what percentage of the population in children?
4. In Chapter 23, Tara says that she has figured out the dream she had at the beginning of the novel: The monster she was afraid of was what?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Susan Leopardi.
(c) Her OCD.
(d) Her father.
5. In Chapter 22, Sam asks her to take a bite of one of the chocolate kisses, and then do what?
(a) Make smores.
(b) Save the rest.
(c) Give him the rest.
(d) Throw it away.
6. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
(a) A rock concert.
(b) An amateur night.
(c) A play.
(d) A trophy presentation.
7. In Chapter 13, Tara's parents even see the positive influence that who has on Tara?
8. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
(b) Sister Margaret.
(d) Susan Leopardi.
9. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
10. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
(a) Feel frustrated.
(b) Kiss doorknobs.
(c) Have a tyrant in your head.
(d) Be misdiagnosed.
11. What does Tara's mother do at first to discourage her from doing "the doorknob thing" in Chapter 15?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Walks away.
12. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Liberate her.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Eventually go away.
(d) Get bigger and bigger.
13. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
(a) Cause and effect therapy.
(b) Exposure and response prevention therapy.
(c) Emotional therapy.
(d) Therapy of reason.
14. Sam visits Tara and brings her what inside a box of chocolates in Chapter 22?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A note.
(c) A golden key.
(d) A crystal doorknob.
15. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
(a) Stack the dishes.
(b) Mop the floors.
(c) Wash his hands.
(d) Turn lights on and off.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who asks Tara about her condition?
2. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
3. Tara has a small part in a play for what in Chapter 13?
4. What does Tara's mother threaten to do due to Tara's behavior in Chapter 15?
5. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)