|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara tells her new psychiatrist that she looks like what, in Chapter 19?
(a) "A crazed vampire."
(b) "A scared little girl."
(c) "A cheerleader for crazy people."
(d) "A basket case."
2. When Tara describes the scene from the restaurant to a doctor in Chapter 16, what diagnosis does the doctor give for Tara?
(b) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(c) "Full blown Bipolar Disorder."
(d) "Borderline anorexia...anger issues."
3. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
(a) She is already full.
(b) The food is too spicy.
(c) She is busy arranging her food.
(d) She has the flu.
4. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
(a) Shock treatments.
(b) Radation treatments.
5. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
(a) He bought a puppy.
(b) He stopped answering his phone.
(c) His parakeet died.
(d) He got sick.
6. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Eventually go away.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Liberate her.
(d) Get bigger and bigger.
7. When Tara sees Donna, Donna says that she's has sex with a boy named what in Chapter 20?
8. In Chapter 19, who asks Tara about her condition?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Sister Margaret.
(c) Susan Leopardi.
9. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
(a) If she plans to graduate.
(b) If she is a virgin.
(c) If she believes in God.
(d) If she is a Republican.
10. What has Tara been given for Christmas that she's proud of in Chapter 14?
(a) Green shoes.
(b) A blue coat.
(c) A red dress.
(d) A white hat.
11. Who has become pregnant in Chapter 22?
12. Where is Kristin in Chapter 21?
(d) New York.
13. How many times does Greta say she's been suspended for protecting Tara in Chapter 14?
14. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
(a) Emotional therapy.
(b) Exposure and response prevention therapy.
(c) Cause and effect therapy.
(d) Therapy of reason.
15. What is one factor of Sam's recovery, as explained in Chapter 18?
(a) Radiation therapy.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) Isolation therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is Tara in Chapter 13?
2. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
3. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead for how long during each time in Chapter 20?
4. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Tara say she still has for therapy and support in Chapter 23?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)