|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam suffers from what condition in the novel?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(b) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
2. Tara tells her new psychiatrist that she looks like what, in Chapter 19?
(a) "A scared little girl."
(b) "A cheerleader for crazy people."
(c) "A basket case."
(d) "A crazed vampire."
3. Mr. Jacobson knows someone with a similar problem as Tara's from where?
(a) A doctor he visits.
(b) A television interview.
(c) A magazine article.
(d) His students.
4. Tara's new psychiatrist tells her to think about her parents being dead how many times a day in Chapter 20?
5. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
(b) Mumbling to herself.
(c) Reciting bible verses.
(d) Counting sidewalk cracks.
6. What does Tara ask Donna which at first offends Donna in Chapter 14?
(a) If she is a Republican.
(b) If she is a virgin.
(c) If she plans to graduate.
(d) If she believes in God.
7. Who has the fortune, "Good things are coming to you soon" in Chapter 16?
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
8. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Places she would like to go.
(c) Favorite activities.
(d) Rituals she wants to stop.
9. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Eventually go away.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Liberate her.
(d) Get bigger and bigger.
10. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Fortune cookies.
(b) Sports scores.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Their horoscopes.
11. What does Tara's new psychiatrist say when Tara tells her she hates her in Chapter 20?
(a) "I'm not too fond of you either."
(b) "How dare you."
(c) "Get it all out."
(d) "That's okay. It's not important."
12. In Chapter 17, one night, on her way out the front door to meet Donna, Tara does her doorknob thing, and her father asks her what?
(a) If she is worried about something.
(b) Why she must kiss doorknobs.
(c) If he's made her unhappy.
(d) If he can do anything to help her.
13. What does Tara make a point to do while walking home from school with friends in Chapter 21?
(a) To smile the whole way.
(b) To be completely silent.
(c) Step on every crack.
(d) To not look down.
14. Where do Tara and Donna go shopping in Chapter 20?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A farmers market.
(c) A department store.
(d) A drugstore.
15. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
(a) Sam's grandfather.
(b) Sam's Uncle Joe.
(c) Sam's father.
(d) Sam's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity would Sam compulsively do, according to his story in Chapter 18?
2. What does Tara ask her teacher in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 15, after Christmas, Tara doesn't feel she can open any door until she has repeated a routine in which she places her fingers on the door how?
4. In Chapter 21, Tara says that she's studying what in school?
5. Sam tells Tara and her family that he knows what it feels like to what, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)