|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam visits Tara's family in Chapter 18, he explains that he was afraid of what?
2. Sam calls Tara in Chapter 19, and tells her that if she doesn't get over her fears, they will what?
(a) Get bigger and bigger.
(b) Liberate her.
(c) Eventually go away.
(d) Destroy her.
3. What does Tara's family read after dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Sports scores.
(c) Fortune cookies.
(d) Their horoscopes.
4. Looking out at the audience, Tara recalls a story about her grandmother and mother freezing onstage at what in Chapter 13?
(a) A trophy presentation.
(b) A play.
(c) An amateur night.
(d) A rock concert.
5. What is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and physical well-being?
6. In Chapter 20, Tara makes a list of what?
(a) Places she would like to go.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Favorite activities.
(d) Rituals she wants to stop.
7. In Chapter 22, Tara is how far into her therapy?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
8. What does Mr. Jacobson tell Tara and her parents he believes she has in Chapter 17?
(b) Attention Deficit Disorder.
(c) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
9. When was Kissing Doorknobs published?
10. What does Tara do during the play she performs in in Chapter 13?
(a) Begins praying.
(b) Starts counting the lights.
(c) Runs onstage screaming.
(d) Forgets her lines.
11. What does Tara begin doing on the way home from dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) Zipping and unzipping her coat.
(b) Counting sidewalk cracks.
(c) Mumbling to herself.
(d) Reciting bible verses.
12. What question does Tara greet Sam with when he arrives in Chapter 18?
(a) "Do you...kiss doorknobs?"
(b) "Do you live with tyrants?"
(c) "Can you feel my pain?"
(d) "What is it like for you?"
13. Mr. Jaccobson is a friend of whose?
(a) David's father.
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Greta's cousin.
14. Why does Tara not eat at dinner with her family in Chapter 16?
(a) The food is too spicy.
(b) She is busy arranging her food.
(c) She has the flu.
(d) She is already full.
15. How old was Tara when she first heard "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara do when Keesha says "Damn!" in Chapter 21?
2. When Tara leaves Sam in Chapter 23, he slams the door in her face and then reopens it and they do what?
3. Who does the pharmacist from the drug store turn out to be in Chapter 22?
4. According to the Afterword, Sam's explanation of the chemical causes of OCD in the novel is accurate: it is an imbalance in what?
5. What happened a few days after Sam kissed Tara, according to Chapter 23?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)