|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) A department store.
(b) City Hall.
(c) A lawyer's office.
(d) The electric company.
3. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
(c) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
4. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Eat too much.
(d) Don't trust each other.
5. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Stay positive about the future.
(b) Get lost in her head.
(c) Remember numbers.
(d) Forget about the past.
6. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
7. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
(a) Missing a ball.
(b) Serving the ball.
(c) Walking off the court during play.
(d) Tearing the net down.
8. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
9. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
10. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
(a) Mirror text.
(c) Ghost text.
11. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
(a) Easter sin.
(b) Sin of the Rapture.
(c) Original sin.
(d) Diabolical sin.
12. What does Donna ask Tara if she has in Chapter 11?
(a) A snack.
(b) A math book.
(c) A match.
(d) Five dollars.
13. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
(a) "The car."
(c) "The news."
14. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
15. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's father.
(b) Tara's mother.
(c) Tara's brother.
(d) Tara's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
3. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
4. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
5. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)