|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
2. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's grandmother.
(c) Tara's mother.
3. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
4. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
(a) Easter Sunday.
5. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
(b) Eat too much.
(c) Don't trust each other.
6. What is the name of the priest Tara goes to for confession in the novel?
(a) Father DeLuca.
(b) Father Cartwright.
(c) Father Matthews.
(d) Father O'Malley.
7. When Tara and her friends are looking at magazines in Chapter 7, who exclaims how good the models look?
8. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
(a) Attention Deficit Disorder and immaturity.
(b) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(d) Bipolar Disorder.
9. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
(a) "I'm rubber, you're glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
(b) "Step on a crack, break your mother's back."
(c) "Mary, Mary, quite contrary."
(d) "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me."
10. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
11. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
(b) Rising action.
12. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Play catcher.
(b) Keep score.
(c) Play pitcher.
(d) Coach the team.
13. Who does Tara call repeatedly at work to express her anxiety and fears in Chapter 8?
(a) Sara Rosenthal.
(b) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
14. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Slaps Tara's father.
(b) Punches Tara's father.
(c) Strangles Tara.
(d) Shakes Tara.
15. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
2. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
3. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
4. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
5. What school friend of Tara's is described as a jock?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)