Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(c) Rising action.
2. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
(a) Use drugs.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Watch television.
3. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(c) Count Taracula.
(d) Tantrum Tara.
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
5. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Slaps Tara's father.
(b) Strangles Tara.
(c) Punches Tara's father.
(d) Shakes Tara.
6. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
(b) Depressive behavior.
(c) Compulsive behavior.
7. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) City Hall.
(b) The electric company.
(c) A lawyer's office.
(d) A department store.
8. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) A rare occurance.
(b) A matter of time.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) Her worst nightmare.
9. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the cars driving by.
(b) Counting people with black shoes.
(c) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(d) Counting the birds flying by.
10. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
11. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
(a) Compulsive behavior.
(b) Depressive behavior.
12. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
13. What is the name of Tara's little sister?
14. Tara's mother tells Tara that she did what when she was young in Chapter 3?
(a) Ran away from home.
(b) Joined the army.
(c) Beat up a bully.
(d) Smoked pot.
15. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
(a) Academy of St. Paul.
(b) St. Francis School.
(c) St. Mark's Academy.
(d) St. Christopher Center for Learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
2. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
3. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
4. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
5. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)