|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
(a) Easter Sunday.
2. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Scott.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
3. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(b) Rising action.
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
5. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
6. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
7. What does Tara take from a store in Chapter 12?
(c) A hat.
8. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
(a) Tara's mother.
(c) Father O'Malley.
9. What is the name of Tara's little sister?
10. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
(b) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
(c) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(d) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
11. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
(a) Original sin.
(b) Easter sin.
(c) Diabolical sin.
(d) Sin of the Rapture.
12. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
13. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Sister Gretchen.
(c) Sister Mary.
(d) Sister Sarah.
14. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the cars driving by.
(b) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(c) Counting the birds flying by.
(d) Counting people with black shoes.
15. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
2. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
3. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Tara's mother run to after a scene at the carnival in Chapter 10?
5. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)