|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that catechism is making Tara like this in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's mother.
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Tara's uncle.
(d) Tara's aunt.
2. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
(a) Runs as fast as she can.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Returns and confesses.
(d) Sits down and cries.
3. What refers to distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune?
4. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's grandmother.
(b) Tara's mother.
5. Tara's mother gets a note from her teacher accusing Tara of not paying attention when she is comforting herself by doing what in Chapter 3?
(a) Staring out the window.
(c) Drawing pictures.
(d) Writing poetry.
6. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
7. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
8. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
9. In Chapter 6, in fear of her sinful thoughts, Tara says that she begins to do what?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Bake cookies.
(c) Study religion.
(d) Watch religious shows on television.
10. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
11. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
12. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A monster.
(d) A whale.
13. What does Donna ask Tara if she has in Chapter 11?
(a) A math book.
(b) A snack.
(c) A match.
(d) Five dollars.
14. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
(a) The pool.
(d) Catechism class.
15. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
(a) Watch television.
(b) Use drugs.
(c) Have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
2. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
3. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
4. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
5. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)