|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) St Louis, Missouri.
(c) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(d) Knoxville, Tennessee.
2. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
3. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(a) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
4. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
5. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Strangles Tara.
(b) Slaps Tara's father.
(c) Shakes Tara.
(d) Punches Tara's father.
6. In Chapter 7, Tara says that the summer between fifth and sixth grades was almost normal, although she would not do what?
(a) Swim at the pool.
(b) Read at the library.
(c) Go places with her friends.
(d) Go to the movies.
7. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
8. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(d) Rising action.
9. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(b) Father O'Malley.
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
10. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) The electric company.
(b) City Hall.
(c) A department store.
(d) A lawyer's office.
11. What school friend of Tara's is concerned with her weight?
12. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
(a) Missing a ball.
(b) Tearing the net down.
(c) Serving the ball.
(d) Walking off the court during play.
13. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
14. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Remember numbers.
(b) Forget about the past.
(c) Stay positive about the future.
(d) Get lost in her head.
15. Tara's mother gets a note from her teacher accusing Tara of not paying attention when she is comforting herself by doing what in Chapter 3?
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Staring out the window.
(d) Drawing pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
2. Tara thinks "Keesha is" what in Chapter 5?
3. Why has Donna taken to wearing sunglasses all the time in Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
5. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)