|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
2. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
(a) Sister Gretchen.
(b) Sister Margaret.
(c) Sister Sarah.
(d) Sister Mary.
3. To whom does Tara pray to when she is frightened at home alone in Chapter 8?
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
(a) St Louis, Missouri.
(b) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(c) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
5. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
(b) "The news."
(c) "The car."
6. Tara thinks "Keesha is" what in Chapter 5?
(a) "A nun."
(b) "A jerk."
(c) "An a**hole."
(d) "A player."
7. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Tara says that she is afraid of what?
(b) Her own thoughts.
(d) Freddy Kreuger.
8. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
(a) Freddy Kreuger.
(d) Her own thoughts.
9. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
10. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
11. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the birds flying by.
(b) Counting the cars driving by.
(c) Counting people with black shoes.
(d) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
12. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(b) "Bipolar Disorder."
(c) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
(d) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
13. Who does Tara's mother run to after a scene at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Tara's father.
(b) Mr. Philips.
(d) Dr. Rosenbaum.
14. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's father.
(b) Tara's sister.
(c) Tara's brother.
(d) Tara's mother.
15. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 4, Tara says that "invisible ____ had snuck into my brain."
3. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
4. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
5. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)