|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
(a) Easter Sunday.
2. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Bipolar Disorder."
(b) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
(c) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(d) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
3. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
4. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's grandmother.
(d) Tara's mother.
5. Tara fears that her parents will do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Move to Reno.
(b) Have her committed.
(d) Send her to boarding school.
6. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
(b) Don't trust each other.
(d) Eat too much.
7. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(a) Tantrum Tara.
(b) Count Taracula.
8. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Crosses herself.
(b) Calls for her mother.
(d) Throws up.
9. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
(b) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
(c) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(d) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
10. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
11. What is Tara's least favorite class in Chapter 3?
12. Who does Tara go and sleep with when her parents are home late in Chapter 8?
13. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
14. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
(a) Diabolical sin.
(b) Sin of the Rapture.
(c) Easter sin.
(d) Original sin.
15. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
(d) Rising action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
2. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
4. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
5. What word refers to a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)