|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) Not as bad as hers.
(b) Worse than hers.
(c) Pretty normal.
(d) As bad as hers.
2. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(a) Rising action.
3. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Calls for her mother.
(b) Throws up.
(d) Crosses herself.
4. In Chapter 4, Tara says that "invisible ____ had snuck into my brain."
5. When Tara and her friends are looking at magazines in Chapter 7, who exclaims how good the models look?
6. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) A rare occurance.
(b) Her worst nightmare.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) A matter of time.
7. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(c) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
8. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's grandmother.
9. In Chapter 7, Tara says that the summer between fifth and sixth grades was almost normal, although she would not do what?
(a) Swim at the pool.
(b) Go places with her friends.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Read at the library.
10. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(b) Rising action.
11. What is the name of the priest Tara goes to for confession in the novel?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Father DeLuca.
(c) Father Matthews.
(d) Father Cartwright.
12. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting people with black shoes.
(b) Counting the birds flying by.
(c) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(d) Counting the cars driving by.
13. Why has Donna taken to wearing sunglasses all the time in Chapter 11?
(a) She thinks it looks cool.
(b) She had eye surgery.
(c) She wants to sleep in class.
(d) She is suffering from migraines.
14. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
(a) Sam and Chuck.
(b) Kevin and Richard.
(c) Richard and Sam.
(d) Chuck and Kevin.
15. Tara sees "the kindness and generosity underneath" Donna's what, in Chapter 11?
(a) "Evil thinking."
(b) "Poor me attitude."
(c) "Gothic makeup."
(d) "Tough-girl act."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
2. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
3. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
4. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
5. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)