|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
(c) Her own thoughts.
(d) Freddy Kreuger.
2. What school friend of Tara's is concerned with her weight?
3. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(a) Count Taracula.
(d) Tantrum Tara.
4. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Tara says that she is afraid of what?
(b) Her own thoughts.
(c) Freddy Kreuger.
5. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
6. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
7. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Sister Gretchen.
(c) Sister Mary.
(d) Sister Sarah.
8. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
(a) "I'm rubber, you're glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
(b) "Mary, Mary, quite contrary."
(c) "Step on a crack, break your mother's back."
(d) "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me."
9. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Strangles Tara.
(b) Shakes Tara.
(c) Punches Tara's father.
(d) Slaps Tara's father.
10. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
(a) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(b) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Attention Deficit Disorder and immaturity.
11. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Calls for her mother.
(b) Throws up.
(c) Crosses herself.
12. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting people with black shoes.
(b) Counting the cars driving by.
(c) Counting the birds flying by.
(d) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
13. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
14. What does Tara take from a store in Chapter 12?
(c) A hat.
15. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) A rare occurance.
(b) A matter of time.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) Her worst nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
2. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
3. Who does Tara call repeatedly at work to express her anxiety and fears in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
5. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)