|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
2. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
(a) Her brother.
3. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
(a) Have sex.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Use drugs.
4. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
(a) Her own thoughts.
(b) Freddy Kreuger.
5. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
6. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) City Hall.
(b) The electric company.
(c) A department store.
(d) A lawyer's office.
7. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
8. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
(c) Rising action.
9. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
10. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
(a) Ghost text.
(b) Mirror text.
11. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
(b) Catechism class.
(d) The pool.
12. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(b) Counting the cars driving by.
(c) Counting people with black shoes.
(d) Counting the birds flying by.
13. Who offers to beat up Tara's parents for her in Chapter 6?
(c) Sister Margaret.
14. Who believes that catechism is making Tara like this in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's uncle.
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's aunt.
15. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
(b) Father O'Malley.
(c) Tara's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
2. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
3. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
4. Who gets angry at Tara and even threatens to kill her in Chapter 6?
5. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)