|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
2. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
3. What does Donna ask Tara if she has in Chapter 11?
(a) A snack.
(b) A math book.
(c) A match.
(d) Five dollars.
4. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
(b) Compulsive behavior.
(c) Depressive behavior.
5. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
6. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
(a) Serving the ball.
(b) Walking off the court during play.
(c) Tearing the net down.
(d) Missing a ball.
7. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
(a) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) St Louis, Missouri.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
8. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
9. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
(a) Kevin and Richard.
(b) Chuck and Kevin.
(c) Richard and Sam.
(d) Sam and Chuck.
10. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Punches Tara's father.
(b) Shakes Tara.
(c) Slaps Tara's father.
(d) Strangles Tara.
11. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
12. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
13. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
14. Tara fears that her parents will do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Move to Reno.
(c) Send her to boarding school.
(d) Have her committed.
15. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
(a) St. Christopher Center for Learning.
(b) Academy of St. Paul.
(c) St. Mark's Academy.
(d) St. Francis School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
2. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
3. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
4. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
5. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)