|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school friend of Tara's is described as a jock?
2. Who approaches Tara angry because they don't hang out anymore in Chapter 12?
3. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
4. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(a) Donna's house.
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Tara says that she is afraid of what?
(b) Freddy Kreuger.
(d) Her own thoughts.
6. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
7. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
(a) Using drugs.
(c) Stealing cable television.
8. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
9. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
(c) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
10. When Tara's father takes her to work with him, Tara is happy with the routine they get into of eating where in Chapter 8?
(a) Cavaccio's Beef Stand.
(b) Popalopagus' Gyro Shack.
(c) Burrito Gigante.
(d) Captain Smitty's Seafood Dock.
11. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
(b) Catechism class.
(d) The pool.
12. Who does Tara ask if they think she is crazy in Chapter 6?
13. In Chapter 4, Tara says that "invisible ____ had snuck into my brain."
14. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
15. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(d) Rising action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
2. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
3. When Tara and her friends are looking at magazines in Chapter 7, who exclaims how good the models look?
4. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)