|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tara go and sleep with when her parents are home late in Chapter 8?
2. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
(b) Her brother.
3. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
4. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
(b) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(c) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
(d) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
5. In Chapter 6, in fear of her sinful thoughts, Tara says that she begins to do what?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Study religion.
(c) Watch religious shows on television.
(d) Bake cookies.
6. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
7. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
8. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(b) Donna's house.
9. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
(a) "The news."
(d) "The car."
10. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Play pitcher.
(b) Play catcher.
(c) Coach the team.
(d) Keep score.
11. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
12. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
13. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
14. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Get lost in her head.
(b) Stay positive about the future.
(c) Forget about the past.
(d) Remember numbers.
15. What school friend of Tara's is described as a jock?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
2. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
3. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
5. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)