|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
(b) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
(c) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(d) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
2. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
(a) Her own thoughts.
(c) Freddy Kreuger.
3. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
(a) Her brother.
4. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
5. What word means to repeat, duplicate, or reproduce, especially for experimental purposes?
6. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
(b) "Bipolar Disorder."
(c) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
(d) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
7. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) Her worst nightmare.
(b) A matter of time.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) A rare occurance.
8. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
9. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Slaps Tara's father.
(b) Strangles Tara.
(c) Shakes Tara.
(d) Punches Tara's father.
10. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's grandmother.
(c) Tara's mother.
11. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Tara's mother.
12. Tara asks Donna how she can do what after going to Communion in Chapter 11?
(a) Use drugs.
(b) Watch television.
(d) Have sex.
13. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
14. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
15. Tara sees "the kindness and generosity underneath" Donna's what, in Chapter 11?
(a) "Evil thinking."
(b) "Gothic makeup."
(c) "Tough-girl act."
(d) "Poor me attitude."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Tara says that the summer between fifth and sixth grades was almost normal, although she would not do what?
2. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
3. When Tara's father takes her to work with him, Tara is happy with the routine they get into of eating where in Chapter 8?
4. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
5. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)