|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(a) Count Taracula.
(c) Tantrum Tara.
2. What is the name of the priest Tara goes to for confession in the novel?
(a) Father DeLuca.
(b) Father O'Malley.
(c) Father Matthews.
(d) Father Cartwright.
3. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
(a) Sin of the Rapture.
(b) Easter sin.
(c) Original sin.
(d) Diabolical sin.
4. What did Donna call Tara because she looked spongy and blond in Chapter 11?
(a) A pound cake.
(b) A ding dong.
(c) A sea cucumber.
(d) A Twinkie.
5. Who does Tara call repeatedly at work to express her anxiety and fears in Chapter 8?
(a) Sara Rosenthal.
(c) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's father.
6. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Father O'Malley.
(d) Mr. Jacobson.
7. When was the American Legion founded?
8. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
9. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Sits down and cries.
(c) Returns and confesses.
(d) Runs as fast as she can.
10. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
11. Tara thinks "Keesha is" what in Chapter 5?
(a) "A player."
(b) "A nun."
(c) "An a**hole."
(d) "A jerk."
12. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
13. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
14. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
(b) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(c) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
(d) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
15. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
(b) Third grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) First grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
2. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
3. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. What refers to distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)