|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, in fear of her sinful thoughts, Tara says that she begins to do what?
(a) Watch religious shows on television.
(b) Bake cookies.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Study religion.
2. What is, according to a Christian theological doctrine, humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man?
(a) Original sin.
(b) Sin of the Rapture.
(c) Easter sin.
(d) Diabolical sin.
3. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
4. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(c) Rising action.
5. What does Donna ask Tara if she has in Chapter 11?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A snack.
(c) A math book.
(d) A match.
6. Who has been hospitalized for anorexia in Chapter 9?
7. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
(a) St Louis, Missouri.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Knoxville, Tennessee.
(d) Indianapolis, Indiana.
8. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
9. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
(a) The pool.
(b) The bank.
(c) The library.
(d) The grocery store.
10. Tara fears that her parents will do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Send her to boarding school.
(b) Move to Reno.
(c) Have her committed.
11. Who does Tara call repeatedly at work to express her anxiety and fears in Chapter 8?
(a) Sara Rosenthal.
(b) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
12. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
(a) Mrs. Scott.
(b) Mr. Jacobson.
(c) Sister Margaret.
(d) Father O'Malley.
13. Who says that she doesn't need to starve herself to feel special in Chapter 7?
14. Who approaches Tara angry because they don't hang out anymore in Chapter 12?
15. What word refers to a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tara sleep the night after the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
3. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
4. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
5. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)