|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) A lawyer's office.
(b) A department store.
(c) City Hall.
(d) The electric company.
2. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the priest Tara goes to for confession in the novel?
(a) Father Matthews.
(b) Father DeLuca.
(c) Father Cartwright.
(d) Father O'Malley.
4. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
5. When Tara's father takes her to work with him, Tara is happy with the routine they get into of eating where in Chapter 8?
(a) Cavaccio's Beef Stand.
(b) Captain Smitty's Seafood Dock.
(c) Burrito Gigante.
(d) Popalopagus' Gyro Shack.
6. Where did Tara sleep the night after the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) In the family car.
(b) The floor by her parents' bed.
(c) The couch in the living room.
(d) The bathtub.
7. Tara tells her parents that the teacher told the class to call the police if they saw their parents doing what in Chapter 3?
(b) Stealing cable television.
(d) Using drugs.
8. Who does Tara call repeatedly at work to express her anxiety and fears in Chapter 8?
(a) Tara's father.
(b) Sara Rosenthal.
(c) Tara's mother.
9. What does Tara take from a store in Chapter 12?
(c) A hat.
10. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(b) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
(c) "Bipolar Disorder."
(d) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
11. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
12. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(c) Tara's mother.
13. What does the psychiatrist diagnose Tara with in Chapter 8?
(a) Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Attention Deficit Disorder and immaturity.
(d) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
14. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(c) Donna's house.
15. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
(a) St. Buonfiglio Monaldo.
(b) St. Michael, the Archangel.
(c) St. Ambrose.
(d) St. Francis of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, in fear of her sinful thoughts, Tara says that she begins to do what?
2. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
3. What is Donna's last name?
4. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
5. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)