|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities?
2. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
3. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
(a) St. Francis of Rome.
(b) St. Ambrose.
(c) St. Michael, the Archangel.
(d) St. Buonfiglio Monaldo.
4. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Crosses herself.
(c) Calls for her mother.
(d) Throws up.
5. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Stay positive about the future.
(b) Remember numbers.
(c) Forget about the past.
(d) Get lost in her head.
6. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
(a) "Step on a crack, break your mother's back."
(b) "Mary, Mary, quite contrary."
(c) "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me."
(d) "I'm rubber, you're glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
7. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's mother.
(d) Tara's grandmother.
8. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
9. Who says that she doesn't need to starve herself to feel special in Chapter 7?
10. Tara is afraid of the germs where in Chapter 3?
(a) The bank.
(b) The pool.
(c) The library.
(d) The grocery store.
11. What did Donna call Tara because she looked spongy and blond in Chapter 11?
(a) A pound cake.
(b) A ding dong.
(c) A Twinkie.
(d) A sea cucumber.
12. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
(c) Don't trust each other.
(d) Eat too much.
13. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mrs. Scott.
(d) Mrs. Phillips.
14. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
15. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(d) Donna's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily interrupt Tara from doing compulsively in Chapter 1?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
4. Keesha does not allow Tara to walk where alone in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the captain of the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)