|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) Not as bad as hers.
(b) As bad as hers.
(c) Worse than hers.
(d) Pretty normal.
2. Who does Tara go and sleep with when her parents are home late in Chapter 8?
3. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
(c) Rising action.
5. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War II.
6. When Tara and her friends are looking at magazines in Chapter 7, who exclaims how good the models look?
7. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
(a) Returns and confesses.
(b) Runs as fast as she can.
(c) Sits down and cries.
(d) Calls the police.
8. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
(a) Fifth grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) First grade.
9. How many times does Tara repeat her prayers before leaving the house when she's afraid in Chapter 8?
10. Chapter 3 starts in what grade, which Tara says that is the best year of her life?
11. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
(a) Stay positive about the future.
(b) Forget about the past.
(c) Get lost in her head.
(d) Remember numbers.
12. Who believes that catechism is making Tara like this in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's mother.
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Tara's uncle.
(d) Tara's aunt.
13. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
14. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
15. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
(a) Easter Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tara's least favorite class in Chapter 3?
2. Tara fears that her parents will do what in Chapter 6?
3. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
4. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
5. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)