|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(b) Count Taracula.
(d) Tantrum Tara.
2. What nun does Tara have negative thoughts about in Chapter 5?
(a) Sister Gretchen.
(b) Sister Sarah.
(c) Sister Mary.
(d) Sister Margaret.
3. In Chapter 4, Tara says that "invisible ____ had snuck into my brain."
4. Who does Tara's mother run to after a scene at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Philips.
(b) Tara's father.
(c) Dr. Rosenbaum.
5. What school friend of Tara's is concerned with her weight?
6. Who is on a volleyball team in Chapter 9?
7. Tara thinks "Keesha is" what in Chapter 5?
(a) "A player."
(b) "A jerk."
(c) "An a**hole."
(d) "A nun."
8. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
9. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
10. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
(a) Her own thoughts.
(c) Freddy Kreuger.
11. In Chapter 4, Tara invents excuses why she cannot walk with people, while she devotes all her attention to doing what?
(a) Counting the cars driving by.
(b) Counting the birds flying by.
(c) Counting the cracks in the sidewalk.
(d) Counting people with black shoes.
12. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
(a) Tara's grandfather.
(b) Tara's mother.
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's uncle.
13. Tara's mother tells Tara that she did what when she was young in Chapter 3?
(a) Ran away from home.
(b) Joined the army.
(c) Smoked pot.
(d) Beat up a bully.
14. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
(a) Walking off the court during play.
(b) Serving the ball.
(c) Missing a ball.
(d) Tearing the net down.
15. In Christianity, what is for the majority the rite of admission into the Christian Church generally and also membership of a particular church tradition?
(b) Easter Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune?
2. What is the name of the priest Tara goes to for confession in the novel?
3. What is Tara's least favorite class in Chapter 3?
4. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
5. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)