Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to content underneath the spoken dialogue?
(a) Ghost text.
(d) Mirror text.
2. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(a) Tara's father.
(b) Tara's mother.
(d) Father O'Malley.
5. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Keesha says that she is afraid of whom?
(c) Freddy Kreuger.
(d) Her own thoughts.
6. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) The electric company.
(b) A department store.
(c) A lawyer's office.
(d) City Hall.
7. What verb means to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble?
8. What name does Keesha call Tara in Chapter 5?
(a) Tantrum Tara.
(d) Count Taracula.
9. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
10. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
11. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
(a) "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me."
(b) "Step on a crack, break your mother's back."
(c) "Mary, Mary, quite contrary."
(d) "I'm rubber, you're glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you."
12. What did Donna call Tara because she looked spongy and blond in Chapter 11?
(a) A ding dong.
(b) A sea cucumber.
(c) A Twinkie.
(d) A pound cake.
13. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's grandmother.
(d) Tara's mother.
14. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
15. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Phillips.
(b) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tara fears that her parents will do what in Chapter 6?
2. Who has been hospitalized for anorexia in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
4. Where did Tara sleep the night after the carnival in Chapter 10?
5. Why has Donna taken to wearing sunglasses all the time in Chapter 11?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)