|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Tara says of her mother, "I wanted to run to her and stroke her hair and tell her it was only" what?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) A matter of time.
(c) A rare occurance.
(d) Her worst nightmare.
2. Where does Tara go after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(d) Donna's house.
3. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
(c) Rising action.
4. What is Donna's last name?
5. Tara begins to pray for people who do what in Chapter 6?
(b) Eat too much.
(d) Don't trust each other.
6. How old is Tara when she meets Donna in Chapter 11?
7. Tara's father says that Tara's mother has PMS, "which he defined as" what in Chapter 10?
(a) "Periodically Mean Syndrome."
(b) "Pretty Menace Syndrome."
(c) "Particularly Mundane Syndrome."
(d) "Perfectly Meticulous Syndrome."
8. Why has Donna taken to wearing sunglasses all the time in Chapter 11?
(a) She had eye surgery.
(b) She is suffering from migraines.
(c) She thinks it looks cool.
(d) She wants to sleep in class.
9. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Coach the team.
(b) Play catcher.
(c) Keep score.
(d) Play pitcher.
10. What school does Donna attend in Chapter 11?
(a) St. Mark's Academy.
(b) St. Francis School.
(c) Academy of St. Paul.
(d) St. Christopher Center for Learning.
11. Who says that she doesn't need to starve herself to feel special in Chapter 7?
12. Who believes that catechism is making Tara like this in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's mother.
(b) Tara's aunt.
(c) Tara's uncle.
(d) Tara's father.
13. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
(a) Runs as fast as she can.
(b) Sits down and cries.
(c) Returns and confesses.
(d) Calls the police.
14. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
(a) Mrs. Scott.
(b) Mr. Jacobson.
(c) Father O'Malley.
(d) Sister Margaret.
15. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Tara's father spends more and more time and energy transforming the American Legion into "a community center filled with life, laughter and piles of" what?
2. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
3. Tara's parents send her to a psychiatrist who is very what, in Chapter 8?
4. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
5. Who confronts Tara about her eccentric behavior in Chapter 4?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)