|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
(c) "The news."
(d) "The car."
2. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
3. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(b) Tara's grandmother.
(d) Tara's mother.
4. What part of the narrative of literature or drama takes place when the basic internal conflict is complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts?
(b) Rising action.
5. What school friend of Tara's is described as a jock?
6. What do Tara's friends invite her to do for their Little League games in Chapter 4?
(a) Keep score.
(b) Coach the team.
(c) Play pitcher.
(d) Play catcher.
7. What refers to behavior in which a person acts in a certain way not because they want to, but because they feel they have to do so?
(c) Compulsive behavior.
(d) Depressive behavior.
8. Tara says that she has to warn Donna against what in Chapter 12?
(a) Her brother.
9. When Tara and her friends are looking at magazines in Chapter 7, who exclaims how good the models look?
10. What is the name of Tara's little sister?
11. Where does Tara's mother get a job in Chapter 8?
(a) The electric company.
(b) A department store.
(c) City Hall.
(d) A lawyer's office.
12. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
13. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
14. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
(a) Mrs. Scott.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Phillips.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
15. The American Legion was founded by veterans returning from what war?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
2. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
3. Who has a heart attack in Chapter 10?
4. Who believes that catechism is making Tara like this in Chapter 6?
5. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)