|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tara's mother asks her what happened to whom in Chapter 4, causing Tara to lie in response?
(a) Sister Margaret.
(b) Father O'Malley.
(c) Mr. Jacobson.
(d) Mrs. Scott.
2. What does Tara repeatedly do on a ride at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Throws up.
(b) Calls for her mother.
(d) Crosses herself.
3. Who says that she doesn't need to starve herself to feel special in Chapter 7?
4. Who asks Tara whether she has ever stolen anything in Chapter 12?
(a) Father O'Malley.
(b) Tara's mother.
5. What is Donna's last name?
6. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pretty normal.
(b) Not as bad as hers.
(c) As bad as hers.
(d) Worse than hers.
7. What does Tara take from a store in Chapter 12?
(a) A hat.
8. What did Donna call Tara because she looked spongy and blond in Chapter 11?
(a) A Twinkie.
(b) A ding dong.
(c) A sea cucumber.
(d) A pound cake.
9. What does Tara do when her mother curses, causing Tara's mother anger in Chapter 10?
10. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
11. What refers to the act of holding back, controlling, or checking?
12. The captain of the volleyball team screams at Tara for what in Chapter 3?
(a) Missing a ball.
(b) Serving the ball.
(c) Tearing the net down.
(d) Walking off the court during play.
13. How old is Donna when Tara meets her in Chapter 11?
14. Who does Tara call repeatedly at work to express her anxiety and fears in Chapter 8?
(a) Tara's mother.
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Sara Rosenthal.
15. What school friend of Tara's is described as black and dramatic in personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the American Legion headquartered?
2. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
3. When Tara asks Donna why she hangs out with her, Donna says that she admires the way Tara can do what, in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 7, Tara says that the summer between fifth and sixth grades was almost normal, although she would not do what?
5. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)