|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
(c) Tara's father.
(d) Tara's mother.
2. Tara's mother gets a note from her teacher accusing Tara of not paying attention when she is comforting herself by doing what in Chapter 3?
(a) Staring out the window.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Drawing pictures.
3. Donna says that she's heard that Tara's family outings are what, in Chapter 11?
(a) As bad as hers.
(b) Worse than hers.
(c) Not as bad as hers.
(d) Pretty normal.
4. Who says that she doesn't need to starve herself to feel special in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Tara go to speak to after leaving the store in Chapter 12?
(a) Tara's father.
(c) Father O'Malley.
(d) Tara's mother.
6. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
7. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
(a) "The car."
(d) "The news."
8. To whom does Tara pray to when she is frightened at home alone in Chapter 8?
(d) The Virgin Mary.
9. What diagnosis does the family internist give for Tara's condition in Chapter 6?
(a) "Depression with suicidal tendencies."
(b) "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder."
(c) "Insecurities and self-esteem problems."
(d) "Bipolar Disorder."
10. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
11. What does Tara do after stealing in Chapter 12?
(a) Sits down and cries.
(b) Returns and confesses.
(c) Runs as fast as she can.
(d) Calls the police.
12. Who has been hospitalized for anorexia in Chapter 9?
13. Tara says that she spent a lot of time with her mother until when, in Chapter 2?
(b) Third grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
14. Who gets sick of Tara's counting cracks and causes a rift between the two in Chapter 9?
15. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches Tara angry because they don't hang out anymore in Chapter 12?
2. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Tara says that she is afraid of what?
3. When was the American Legion founded?
4. When Tara and her friends share their fears in Chapter 3, Anna says that she is afraid of whom?
5. In Chapter 6, in fear of her sinful thoughts, Tara says that she begins to do what?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)