Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tara describe the phrase that began her problems in Chapter 1?
2. What exchange does Tara describe with Mrs. Scott in Chapter 1? What causes Tara's humiliation?
3. What does Tara do after feeling humiliated in front of her schoolmates in Chapter 1? How does she feel?
4. What awakens Tara in Chapter 2? Who does she turn to for reassurance?
5. How does Tara describe her relationship with her mother in Chapter 2? How does she describe her friends?
6. How does Tara describe her relationship to religion in Chapter 2?
7. How does Tara describe her best friends in Chapter 3? What grade is Tara in at this point?
8. What is tragic about the image that Tara projects about herself versus the reality in Chapter 3?
9. How do Tara and their friends describe their personal fears in Chapter 3?
10. What is Tara's response to being kicked off the volleyball team in Chapter 3?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)