Short Answer Key
1. What catch phrase does Tara begin hearing over and over in her head as described in Chapter 1?
"Step on a crack, break your mother's back."
2. What does Emily interrupt Tara from doing compulsively in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Tara's neighbor who sees her fleeing from her friend in Chapter 1?
4. What classmates see Tara get reprimanded by her neighbor in Chapter 1?
Kevin and Richard.
5. What is Tara's last name in the novel?
6. In Chapter 2, Tara awakes from a nightmare in which what is coming through her neighborhood?
7. What is a form of dermatitis or inflammation of the epidermis (skin)?
8. What refers to an object, action, or idea that represents something other than itself?
9. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an...
This section contains 2,920 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)