|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the carnival in celebration of that Tara's family attends in Chapter 10?
(a) St. Ambrose.
(b) St. Michael, the Archangel.
(c) St. Buonfiglio Monaldo.
(d) St. Francis of Rome.
2. Who wonders if Tara's condition is their fault in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's grandmother.
(b) Tara's mother.
3. Where did Tara sleep the night after the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) In the family car.
(b) The couch in the living room.
(c) The floor by her parents' bed.
(d) The bathtub.
4. In Chapter 8, Tara says that her parents "release their anxiety by fighting about money, movies, friends" and what?
(a) "The news."
(d) "The car."
5. What means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a loss of contact with reality?
(b) Compulsive behavior.
(c) Depressive behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tara's least favorite class in Chapter 3?
2. Tara says that she is sent to what classes starting in first grade in Chapter 2?
3. What refers to the part of narrative where the main part happens or the most dramatic part?
4. When a girl makes fun of her after the school year starts, who knocks the girl down in Chapter 7?
5. At the beginning of a narrative, what is the author's providing of some background information to the reader about the plot, characters' histories, setting, and theme?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)