|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara's mother do because of Tara's behavior at the carnival in Chapter 10?
(a) Punches Tara's father.
(b) Strangles Tara.
(c) Shakes Tara.
(d) Slaps Tara's father.
2. Who believes that Tara's condition is just a passing stage in Chapter 6?
(a) Tara's mother.
(b) Tara's father.
3. Tara says that she doesn't tell her mother that she worries all the time, but by what month does school begin getting harder for her in Chapter 3?
4. Tara fears that her parents will do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Send her to boarding school.
(b) Have her committed.
(c) Move to Reno.
5. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or some intangible quality or idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Tara pray to when she is frightened at home alone in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 4, Tara says that "invisible ____ had snuck into my brain."
3. What kind of therapy involves exposing yourself to the thing you are most afraid of, and realizing that it is irrational?
4. Where did Tara sleep the night after the carnival in Chapter 10?
5. What does Tara say she is frightened of and wants to begin therapy without it in Chapter 19?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)