* In Chapter 1, Tara Sullivan starts to hear the catch phrase, "Step on a crack, break your mother's back", all the time.
* At school, at dinner, during homework. She describes herself as someone who was normal until it started, but now she cannot get it to stop.
* Tara sees Kevin and Richard, her classmates, watching her get reprimanded by her neighbor, and they laugh at her.
* In Chapter 2, Tara Sullivan wakes up from a nightmare in which a monster has come from a block away to menace the neighborhood.
* Tara is about to be killed when she wakes up, but when she goes to her parents - who do not like her sleeping in their bed - her mother's kindness only fuels her fears.
* Tara's eczema follows her worries, manifesting on her skin in red itchy patches.
* Tara says that she spent a lot of time with...
This section contains 2,414 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)