|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casanova think he and Rudolph should do next?
2. How many more women have been kidnapped in North Carolina?
3. Which of the girls does Rudolph choose?
4. Where does Cross think there might be clues about the Gentleman Caller when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
5. How does Naomi acknowledge that she understands and agrees with Kristen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
2. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
3. What does Rudolph tell the ladies of Casanova's harem and what does he instruct them to do?
4. How does Cross know that he has found the Jason Snyder farm and what can he see of the farm?
5. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
6. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
7. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
8. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
9. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
10. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events cause Cross and Sampson to be stopped by the local police? How do they react to this situation? In what way do the events of this even with the local police prove Cross and Sampson to be similar to Casanova and Rudolph?
Essay Topic 2
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)