|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rudolph tell Casanova that he is the one who should be there with Kate?
2. What news does Craig track down Cross to share?
3. What causes Cross to lie paralyzed on the floor?
4. What happens when Naomi tries to call out to Kristen?
5. Why does Agent Craig call Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
2. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
3. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
4. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
5. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
6. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
7. How does Cross describe the two killers?
8. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
9. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
10. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
Essay Topic 2
What events cause Cross and Sampson to be stopped by the local police? How do they react to this situation? In what way do the events of this even with the local police prove Cross and Sampson to be similar to Casanova and Rudolph?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of twinning used in multiple ways in this novel? Describe at least three different ways that the concept was used throughout this novel.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)