|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the FBI starting to just now believe that Cross had previously told them about?
2. What does Cross think may be Casanova's hiding place?
3. Where does Casanova know that everything can be traced back to?
4. Which of the following characters is Casanova?
5. What does the injured killer first do when he realizes that Cross is still following them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
2. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
3. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
4. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
5. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
6. What does Cross see as he examines Rudolph's apartment?
7. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
8. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
9. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
10. What does Rudolph tell the ladies of Casanova's harem and what does he instruct them to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What events cause Cross and Sampson to be stopped by the local police? How do they react to this situation? In what way do the events of this even with the local police prove Cross and Sampson to be similar to Casanova and Rudolph?
Essay Topic 3
What clues are given within the novel about what created Rudolph's monstrous personality? In what way does his father directly relate to why he kills women?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)