|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Casanova feel since Sachs has been arrested?
2. How long have Casanova and Rudolph been on their murder spree?
3. Why is Cross worried about Casanova hunting him down?
4. How does Cross describe Kate to Sampson?
5. Who does Cross pick up at the airport to help with the investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
2. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
3. How does Cross describe what he saw with he sneaked up and observed Rudolph in the cabin and what does Rudolph do when he comes out of the cabin?
4. What does Naomi tell Kristen is the plan to help the girls get away from Casanova?
5. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
6. What do Cross and Kate do and what impresses Cross that Kate has done for the occasion?
7. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
8. What does Cross see as he examines Rudolph's apartment?
9. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
10. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer in writing: Do you believe the title of this novel is appropriate considering the content? Why or why not? What might be another appropriate title?
Essay Topic 2
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)