|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross feel that the cabin in the woods might be?
2. What does Rudolph think about Cross?
3. Which of the following terms describes how Sachs is known around the college campus?
4. What does Kate believe might be the reason the Gentleman Caller has not been caught?
5. Why is Kate upset with Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
2. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
3. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
4. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
5. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
6. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
7. What does Craig tell Cross after they have uncovered the twenty-third victim in the mass grave?
8. How does Cross know that he has found the Jason Snyder farm and what can he see of the farm?
9. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
10. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 2
What leads Cross to realize that Sachs might be playing with the police? What events and clues lead Cross to conclude that Casanova is not Sachs?
Essay Topic 3
What role do you believe racism plays in this novel as a theme? Do you feel it is appropriately represented? Why or why not?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)