|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the FBI suspect the Gentleman Caller has?
2. What does Cross believe is one factor that gave Casanova away when he shot at Cross?
3. Which of the following reasons is not one that keeps Kate from sleeping when she returns home?
4. Who comes into Naomi's room at the end of this section?
5. What does Cross wonder about the two bi-coastal serial killers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
2. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
3. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
4. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
5. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
6. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
7. What does Cross see as he examines Rudolph's apartment?
8. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
9. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
10. How does Cross describe the two killers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of twinning used in multiple ways in this novel? Describe at least three different ways that the concept was used throughout this novel.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are the Gentleman Caller and Casanova similar? In what ways are they different? Describe each of his own psychopathic natures in detail.
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)