|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Kate go to a hotel as Cross suggests?
2. Which of the following reasons is not one that keeps Kate from sleeping when she returns home?
3. What does Kate fantasize about in regard to Casanova?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the Gentleman Caller?
5. What does Rudolph think about Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cross know that he has found the Jason Snyder farm and what can he see of the farm?
2. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
3. What do Cross and Kate do and what impresses Cross that Kate has done for the occasion?
4. What does Craig tell Cross after they have uncovered the twenty-third victim in the mass grave?
5. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
6. How does Cross describe the two killers?
7. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
8. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
9. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
10. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What causes Ruskin to change his opinion and attempt to work cooperatively with Cross? Why did Ruskin attempt to create misdirections?
Essay Topic 2
What leads Cross to realize that Sachs might be playing with the police? What events and clues lead Cross to conclude that Casanova is not Sachs?
Essay Topic 3
Answer in writing: Do you believe the title of this novel is appropriate considering the content? Why or why not? What might be another appropriate title?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)