|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate fantasize about in regard to Casanova?
2. What were the underground cellars called on the Underground Railroad?
3. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
4. What does Rudolph think about Cross?
5. How long has it been since Naomi saw Casanova last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
2. How does Cross describe the two killers?
3. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
4. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
5. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
6. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
7. What do Cross and Kate do and what impresses Cross that Kate has done for the occasion?
8. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
9. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
10. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer in writing: Do you believe the title of this novel is appropriate considering the content? Why or why not? What might be another appropriate title?
Essay Topic 2
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)