|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Casanova and Rudolph been on their murder spree?
2. What frustrates Kate?
3. What is the Gentleman Caller's specialty?
4. What does Cross believe is one factor that gave Casanova away when he shot at Cross?
5. What does Cross wonder about the two bi-coastal serial killers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
2. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
3. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
4. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
5. How does Cross describe the two killers?
6. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
7. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
8. How does Cross describe what he saw with he sneaked up and observed Rudolph in the cabin and what does Rudolph do when he comes out of the cabin?
9. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
10. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Cross and Sampson are very close friends and both police detectives, they too very different paths to arrive at this same place. Describe their different paths. Why do you think such different paths lead to the same career? Why do you believe they are so close?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 3
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)