|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Naomi feel like she is losing?
2. How many more women have been kidnapped in North Carolina?
3. What does the smell of bacon remind Rudolph of?
4. What were the underground cellars called on the Underground Railroad?
5. What does Casanova believe is Cross' weak point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
2. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
3. What does Craig tell Cross after they have uncovered the twenty-third victim in the mass grave?
4. How does Cross describe the two killers?
5. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
6. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
7. How does Cross describe what he saw with he sneaked up and observed Rudolph in the cabin and what does Rudolph do when he comes out of the cabin?
8. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
9. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
10. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Cross and Sampson are very close friends and both police detectives, they too very different paths to arrive at this same place. Describe their different paths. Why do you think such different paths lead to the same career? Why do you believe they are so close?
Essay Topic 2
What clues are given within the novel about what created Rudolph's monstrous personality? In what way does his father directly relate to why he kills women?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways were Cross' methods unique? What connections did Cross' methods help investigators make that perhaps more traditional methods might not have made? Do you think Cross' methods were special? Why or why not?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)