|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross believe is wrong with the scene at Kate's house that leads him to believe this was not a Casanova scene?
2. Why does Agent Craig call Cross?
3. How does Casanova feel without Rudolph?
4. Which of the following terms describes how Sachs is known around the college campus?
5. What does Naomi feel like she is losing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
2. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
3. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
4. Describe the character who is accused of being the killer, Sachs.
5. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
6. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
7. How does Cross describe what he saw with he sneaked up and observed Rudolph in the cabin and what does Rudolph do when he comes out of the cabin?
8. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
9. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
10. How does Cross describe the two killers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What role do you believe racism plays in this novel as a theme? Do you feel it is appropriately represented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What events cause Cross and Sampson to be stopped by the local police? How do they react to this situation? In what way do the events of this even with the local police prove Cross and Sampson to be similar to Casanova and Rudolph?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)