|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cross describe what Sachs is doing with the FBI?
2. Who is Sachs waiting for near the bulletin board full of notices?
3. What does Cross believe is wrong with the scene at Kate's house that leads him to believe this was not a Casanova scene?
4. What happens when Naomi tries to call out to Kristen?
5. Which of the following is true about Casanova according to Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
2. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
3. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
4. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
5. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
6. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
7. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
8. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
9. How does Cross describe the two killers?
10. How does Cross describe what he saw with he sneaked up and observed Rudolph in the cabin and what does Rudolph do when he comes out of the cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Answer in writing: Do you believe the title of this novel is appropriate considering the content? Why or why not? What might be another appropriate title?
Essay Topic 3
What leads Cross to realize that Sachs might be playing with the police? What events and clues lead Cross to conclude that Casanova is not Sachs?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)