|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Durham police find in Sachs's house?
2. Where does Cross think there might be clues about the Gentleman Caller when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
3. What does Cross believe is one factor that gave Casanova away when he shot at Cross?
4. Why does Agent Craig call Cross?
5. What does Cross feel that the cabin in the woods might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Cross and Kate do and what impresses Cross that Kate has done for the occasion?
2. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
3. How does Cross describe the two killers?
4. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
5. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
6. What does Naomi tell Kristen is the plan to help the girls get away from Casanova?
7. How does Cross know that he has found the Jason Snyder farm and what can he see of the farm?
8. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
9. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
10. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways were Cross' methods unique? What connections did Cross' methods help investigators make that perhaps more traditional methods might not have made? Do you think Cross' methods were special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)