|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate's status?
2. Which of the following is true about Casanova according to Cross?
3. What frustrates Kate?
4. What does the injured killer first do when he realizes that Cross is still following them?
5. Why does Rudolph tell Casanova that he is the one who should be there with Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rudolph tell the ladies of Casanova's harem and what does he instruct them to do?
2. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
3. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
4. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
5. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
6. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
7. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
8. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
9. What does Cross see as he examines Rudolph's apartment?
10. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author provided enough clues for the reader to decipher the true identity of Casanova? Why or why not? Do you believe a good mystery should be able to be solved by the reader? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)