|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens, according to Kate, after she escapes?
2. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
3. How long did the Gentleman Caller killer watch the Azalea Queen before he killed her?
4. How does Casanova appear as he is chasing Kate?
5. How old was the Gentleman Caller's latest victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
2. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
3. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
4. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
5. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
6. What happens to Kate after she escapes and runs through the woods trying to get away from Casanova?
7. What does Casanova do as Cross meets with Mary Ellen and what is he thinking during this time?
8. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
9. What is Sampson's theory about the murders that he shares with Cross?
10. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What clues are given within the novel about what created Rudolph's monstrous personality? In what way does his father directly relate to why he kills women?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of twinning used in multiple ways in this novel? Describe at least three different ways that the concept was used throughout this novel.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)