Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the special treat that Casanova told the girls about?
2. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
3. What is the Gentleman Caller's signature?
4. Which of the following characters shares the same profession as Dr. Cross?
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
2. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
3. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
4. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
5. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
6. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
7. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
8. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
9. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
10. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
Essay Topic 1
What events cause Cross and Sampson to be stopped by the local police? How do they react to this situation? In what way do the events of this even with the local police prove Cross and Sampson to be similar to Casanova and Rudolph?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)