|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naomi do that caused some problems in the dorm according to Florence?
2. What relationship did Naomi and Dean Lowell have?
3. What things does Casanova prepare for Anna?
4. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
5. Approximately how many women does Casanova have at the house at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
2. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
3. What is Sampson's theory about the murders that he shares with Cross?
4. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
5. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
6. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
7. Describe Casanova as he enters Kate's room for the first time now that she is awake.
8. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
9. What does Casanova wear as he takes the girl into the woods and what he does with her once they are in the woods?
10. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What role do you believe racism plays in this novel as a theme? Do you feel it is appropriately represented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)