|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
2. What is Kate suffering from when Cross goes to see her in the hospital?
3. What makes Anna turn around while she and her fiancé are making love?
4. What relationship did Naomi and Dean Lowell have?
5. Which of the following words best describes the mask Casanova wears when he admonishes Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
2. What does Dr. Cross' family wonder in regards to the police investigation and what was Sampson told about this issue?
3. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
4. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
5. What does Casanova wear as he takes the girl into the woods and what he does with her once they are in the woods?
6. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
7. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
8. What happens to Kate after she escapes and runs through the woods trying to get away from Casanova?
9. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
10. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
Essay Topic 2
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What clues are given within the novel about what created Rudolph's monstrous personality? In what way does his father directly relate to why he kills women?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)