|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many women does Casanova have at the house at one time?
2. What does Casanova have in the wicker basket?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Casanova?
4. What message does Cross think Kate is sending to Casanova?
5. In what year does this section of the novel about Dr. Cross take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kate after she escapes and runs through the woods trying to get away from Casanova?
2. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
3. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
4. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
5. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
6. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
7. What does Casanova do as Cross meets with Mary Ellen and what is he thinking during this time?
8. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
9. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
10. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of twinning used in multiple ways in this novel? Describe at least three different ways that the concept was used throughout this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)