|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a nickname for Naomi?
2. What information does Kate want to help prove to herself that she is sane?
3. What was the first rule that is provided to Kate?
4. Which of the following is what Burns thinks a collector is in relation to Casanova?
5. What does Kate agree to do while accompanied by Detective Ruskin and Sikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
2. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
3. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
4. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
5. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
6. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
7. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
8. Who is Beth Lieberman and what part does she play in the Gentleman Caller saga?
9. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
10. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are the Gentleman Caller and Casanova similar? In what ways are they different? Describe each of his own psychopathic natures in detail.
Essay Topic 2
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Cross be considered something of a cowboy? How does Cross justify breaking into Sachs' home and why doesn't the FBI stop him?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)