|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casanova do just before he walks away from the girl?
2. Where does Kate's karate kick land on Casanova?
3. What does the Casanova killer do just before he kills his victims?
4. Why does Casanova tell Kate that she is there?
5. What information does Kate want to help prove to herself that she is sane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
2. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
3. What does Dr. Cross' family wonder in regards to the police investigation and what was Sampson told about this issue?
4. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
5. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
6. In what way does Casanova's method change?
7. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
8. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
9. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
10. Who is Beth Lieberman and what part does she play in the Gentleman Caller saga?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are the Gentleman Caller and Casanova similar? In what ways are they different? Describe each of his own psychopathic natures in detail.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)