Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the special treat that Casanova told the girls about?
2. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
3. What is the Gentleman Caller's signature?
4. Which of the following characters shares the same profession as Dr. Cross?
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
2. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
3. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
4. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
5. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
6. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
7. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
8. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
9. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
10. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways were Cross' methods unique? What connections did Cross' methods help investigators make that perhaps more traditional methods might not have made? Do you think Cross' methods were special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What causes Ruskin to change his opinion and attempt to work cooperatively with Cross? Why did Ruskin attempt to create misdirections?
Essay Topic 3
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)