|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Casanova?
2. What does Casanova tell Kate he feels?
3. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
4. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
5. What does Kate find inside the closet when she looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
2. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
3. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
4. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
5. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
6. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
7. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
8. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
9. What is Sampson's theory about the murders that he shares with Cross?
10. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What causes Ruskin to change his opinion and attempt to work cooperatively with Cross? Why did Ruskin attempt to create misdirections?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author provided enough clues for the reader to decipher the true identity of Casanova? Why or why not? Do you believe a good mystery should be able to be solved by the reader? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of twinning used in multiple ways in this novel? Describe at least three different ways that the concept was used throughout this novel.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)