|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
2. What does the killer in the Gentleman Caller summary pride himself on?
3. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
4. As Kate tries to get away from the powerful man, what information is she shocked to realize?
5. What name does Casanova have for his forbidden game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
2. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
3. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
4. What does Casanova do as Cross meets with Mary Ellen and what is he thinking during this time?
5. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
6. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
7. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
8. In what way does Casanova's method change?
9. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
10. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)