|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kate's karate kick land on Casanova?
2. What does Casanova do just before he walks away from the girl?
3. What does Casanova have in the wicker basket?
4. Who found Kate?
5. Why does Cross spend the night with Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
2. Describe Casanova as he enters Kate's room for the first time now that she is awake.
3. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
4. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
5. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
6. What does Casanova wear as he takes the girl into the woods and what he does with her once they are in the woods?
7. What does Dr. Cross' family wonder in regards to the police investigation and what was Sampson told about this issue?
8. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
9. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
10. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 3
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)