|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marcus search out Dr. Cross?
2. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
3. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
4. What does Casanova insist on when he has sex with Kate?
5. What kind of mask does Casanova describe himself as having?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rudolph tell the ladies of Casanova's harem and what does he instruct them to do?
2. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
3. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
4. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
5. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
6. What does Casanova wear as he takes the girl into the woods and what he does with her once they are in the woods?
7. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
8. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
9. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
10. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the majority of the events and details in this novel were realistic? Why or why not? Identify one event within the novel which seemed highly unrealistic or at least a stretch within the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)