Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the special treat that Casanova told the girls about?
2. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
3. What is the Gentleman Caller's signature?
4. Which of the following characters shares the same profession as Dr. Cross?
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
2. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
3. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
4. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
5. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
6. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
7. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
8. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
9. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
10. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
In what ways are the Gentleman Caller and Casanova similar? In what ways are they different? Describe each of his own psychopathic natures in detail.
What leads Cross to realize that Sachs might be playing with the police? What events and clues lead Cross to conclude that Casanova is not Sachs?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)