|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate find inside the closet when she looks?
2. What particular place impresses Cross about the place where Naomi was last seen?
3. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
4. What happened to all of Kate's immediate family except for her sister, Carol Anne?
5. What is Kate suffering from when Cross goes to see her in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
2. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
3. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
4. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
5. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
6. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
7. In what way does Casanova's method change?
8. What secret does Cross share with Kate and how does Kate respond?
9. What is Sampson's theory about the murders that he shares with Cross?
10. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
Essay Topic 3
Answer in writing: Do you believe the title of this novel is appropriate considering the content? Why or why not? What might be another appropriate title?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)