|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of prey does Casanova look for?
2. What things does Casanova prepare for Anna?
3. Which of the following is a nickname for Naomi?
4. By the end of Chapter 15, how many murders have been associated with Casanova in the Southeast region of the country?
5. How old was the Gentleman Caller's latest victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
2. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
3. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
4. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
5. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
6. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
7. In what way does Casanova's method change?
8. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
9. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
10. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What clues are given within the novel about what created Rudolph's monstrous personality? In what way does his father directly relate to why he kills women?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 3
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)