|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Kate tries to get away from the powerful man, what information is she shocked to realize?
2. When did FBI agent Kyle Craig and Cross meet?
3. What does Cross do in the hopes of jogging her memory further?
4. What was the special treat that Casanova told the girls about?
5. What kind of mask does Casanova describe himself as having?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
2. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
3. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
4. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
5. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
6. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
7. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
8. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
9. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
10. Describe Casanova as he enters Kate's room for the first time now that she is awake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What causes Ruskin to change his opinion and attempt to work cooperatively with Cross? Why did Ruskin attempt to create misdirections?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are the Gentleman Caller and Casanova similar? In what ways are they different? Describe each of his own psychopathic natures in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Within the plot of murder, there is a subplot of a mini romance between Cross and Kate. Do you believe this was a believable sub context? Why or why not? Do you think this should have been increased within the novel?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)