|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Gentleman Caller's signature?
2. What does Cross think may have happened to Bette Anne Ryerson?
3. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
4. What makes Anna turn around while she and her fiancé are making love?
5. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
2. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
3. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
4. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
5. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
6. What happens to Kate after she escapes and runs through the woods trying to get away from Casanova?
7. What does Casanova do as Cross meets with Mary Ellen and what is he thinking during this time?
8. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
9. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
10. In what way does Casanova's method change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways were Cross' methods unique? What connections did Cross' methods help investigators make that perhaps more traditional methods might not have made? Do you think Cross' methods were special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What clues are given within the novel about what created Rudolph's monstrous personality? In what way does his father directly relate to why he kills women?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)