|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate agree to do while accompanied by Detective Ruskin and Sikes?
2. What was slipped under Cross' door while he was sleeping?
3. What message does Cross think Kate is sending to Casanova?
4. As Kate tries to get away from the powerful man, what information is she shocked to realize?
5. What was the new twist in regard to Casanova's crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
2. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
3. What does Casanova do as Cross meets with Mary Ellen and what is he thinking during this time?
4. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
5. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
6. What does Dr. Cross' family wonder in regards to the police investigation and what was Sampson told about this issue?
7. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
8. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
9. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
10. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of Naomi and Kate. Compare them in regards to intelligence, character, perseverance, and strength.
Essay Topic 2
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)