|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cross' wife?
2. Why is Kate McTiernan planning on returning to West Virginia?
3. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
4. How does Kate wake up when Cross is sitting with her?
5. What kind of mask does Casanova describe himself as having?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
2. Who is Beth Lieberman and what part does she play in the Gentleman Caller saga?
3. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
4. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
5. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
6. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
7. What does Casanova wear as he takes the girl into the woods and what he does with her once they are in the woods?
8. What is Sampson's theory about the murders that he shares with Cross?
9. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
10. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casanova wears physical masks. Why do you believe he wears the masks? What figurative masks does Casanova wear as well? Do you believe he wears them well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could Cross be considered something of a cowboy? How does Cross justify breaking into Sachs' home and why doesn't the FBI stop him?
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)