|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naomi do that caused some problems in the dorm according to Florence?
2. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
3. What is Anna doing as Casanova watches her through the window?
4. What was the first rule that is provided to Kate?
5. Who found Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
2. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
3. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
4. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
5. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
6. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
7. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
8. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
9. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
10. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For Cross this case was very personal. Do you believe policemen should be allowed to work on cases they have a personal connection to? Why or why not? Do you think Cross would have been just as effective and diligent had he not been personally involved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways were Cross' methods unique? What connections did Cross' methods help investigators make that perhaps more traditional methods might not have made? Do you think Cross' methods were special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could Cross be considered something of a cowboy? How does Cross justify breaking into Sachs' home and why doesn't the FBI stop him?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)