Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the special treat that Casanova told the girls about?
2. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
3. What is the Gentleman Caller's signature?
4. Which of the following characters shares the same profession as Dr. Cross?
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
2. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
3. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
4. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
5. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
6. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
7. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
8. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
9. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
10. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
Essay Topic 1
How is the idea of staking out used by both the police and the killers within this novel? Which group do you believe does it more effectively? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of twinning used in multiple ways in this novel? Describe at least three different ways that the concept was used throughout this novel.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are the Gentleman Caller and Casanova similar? In what ways are they different? Describe each of his own psychopathic natures in detail.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)