|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naomi do that caused some problems in the dorm according to Florence?
2. Approximately how many women does Casanova have at the house at one time?
3. What does Cross think may have happened to Bette Anne Ryerson?
4. What profession does Kate think Casanova may have?
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
2. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
3. What does Casanova think about the Gentleman Caller and why does he think this way?
4. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
5. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
6. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
7. Describe Casanova as he enters Kate's room for the first time now that she is awake.
8. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
9. What does Casanova wear as he takes the girl into the woods and what he does with her once they are in the woods?
10. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways were Cross' methods unique? What connections did Cross' methods help investigators make that perhaps more traditional methods might not have made? Do you think Cross' methods were special? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What causes Ruskin to change his opinion and attempt to work cooperatively with Cross? Why did Ruskin attempt to create misdirections?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Cross' relationship with his family. How does this relationship help him throughout the novel? How does it prove to be a hindrance?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)