|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna doing as Casanova watches her through the window?
2. What particular place impresses Cross about the place where Naomi was last seen?
3. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
4. How does Cross think Casanova feels at stumping him and the other authorities?
5. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
2. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
3. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
4. What information did Casanova learn about Kate McTiernan as he studied her?
5. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
6. What happens to Kate after she escapes and runs through the woods trying to get away from Casanova?
7. What impresses Naomi about Kate and what does she finally answer Kate's pleas for information?
8. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
9. Who is Beth Lieberman and what part does she play in the Gentleman Caller saga?
10. What secret does Cross share with Kate and how does Kate respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe the majority of the events and details in this novel were realistic? Why or why not? Identify one event within the novel which seemed highly unrealistic or at least a stretch within the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Answer in writing: Do you believe the title of this novel is appropriate considering the content? Why or why not? What might be another appropriate title?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the method of the killers to plant the strategic photo of Dr. Sachs within Rudolph's secret room. Why was Cross the only one to consider that this was odd?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)