|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does this section of the novel about Dr. Cross take place?
2. What does the Casanova killer do just before he kills his victims?
3. What does Casanova insist on when he has sex with Kate?
4. What is Kate suffering from when Cross goes to see her in the hospital?
5. Which of the following is a nickname for Naomi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
2. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
3. What is Dr. Cross doing with his family when he is interrupted and what causes the interruption?
4. What is Sampson's theory about the murders that he shares with Cross?
5. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
6. What does Cross discover in Kate's system and what does this make Cross think about Casanova?
7. Who is Beth Lieberman and what part does she play in the Gentleman Caller saga?
8. When Kate wakes up after the drug, what does she notice about the room she is now located in?
9. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
10. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events cause Cross and Sampson to be stopped by the local police? How do they react to this situation? In what way do the events of this even with the local police prove Cross and Sampson to be similar to Casanova and Rudolph?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the majority of the events and details in this novel were realistic? Why or why not? Identify one event within the novel which seemed highly unrealistic or at least a stretch within the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What leads Cross to realize that Sachs might be playing with the police? What events and clues lead Cross to conclude that Casanova is not Sachs?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)