|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's status?
(a) She is awake but unable to communicate.
(b) She is in a coma.
(c) She has amnesia.
(d) She has died.
2. What does the Gentleman Caller shop for on Melrose Avenue?
(b) Clothes for his victim to wear.
(c) Another woman.
(d) Disguises for himself.
3. What does Casanova believe is Cross' weak point?
(b) His psychological training.
4. Where does Cross follow Sikes?
(a) To an abandoned factory.
(b) To the lair.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To a sports bar.
5. What does the FBI use microphones to overhear Dr. Rudolph say after the blonde and her girlfriend drive away?
(a) He wants to chop them up and feed them to seagulls.
(b) He can't wait to have them for his own.
(c) He will kill her tonight.
(d) He wishes she had been alone and not with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cross believe is Casanova?
2. What happens when Naomi tries to call out to Kristen?
3. What does Kate do to help her sleep?
4. Where do Kate and Cross go for a summer trip?
5. Which of the following reasons is not one that keeps Kate from sleeping when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
2. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
3. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
4. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
5. How does Cross describe the two killers?
6. What do Cross and Kate do and what impresses Cross that Kate has done for the occasion?
7. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
8. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
9. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
10. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)