|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross do when he becomes frustrated because they cannot find the remnants of the farmhouse?
(a) Screams as loud as he can into the woods.
(b) Punches the wood he found.
(c) Shoots an old tree stump.
(d) Runs around until he cannot run anymore.
2. Which of the following does Cross believe Sachs is?
(a) Gentlemen Caller.
3. Where does the Gentleman Caller stop after he flees Cross?
(a) New York.
(b) New Mexico.
4. How does Cross know that Casanova must be at the beach house?
(a) He finds the bodies of two FBI agents.
(b) He sees a mask lying on the ground.
(c) He gets a call from the FBI.
(d) He hears Kate scream.
5. Why does Casanova believe Rudolph was so unstable in California?
(a) He was too far away from Casanova.
(b) He could not find the right girl.
(c) He used too many drugs.
(d) He was unable to blend into the society there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cross to lie paralyzed on the floor?
2. How much time passed between when Cross and Sampson left Kate and when she was attacked?
3. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
4. What does Naomi see when she gets into the living room with the other girls?
5. What happened to Sampson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
2. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
3. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
4. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
5. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
6. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
7. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
8. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
9. What does Craig tell Cross after they have uncovered the twenty-third victim in the mass grave?
10. Describe the character who is accused of being the killer, Sachs.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)