|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Durham police find in Sachs's house?
(a) Pictures of Kate.
(b) Physical evidence of the crime.
(c) Body parts from the other women.
(d) Erotic literature and pictures.
2. How much time passed between when Cross and Sampson left Kate and when she was attacked?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
3. What does Casanova believe is Cross' weak point?
(c) His psychological training.
4. What dangerous game are Cross and the agents playing?
(a) Refusing to share information with the LAPD.
(b) Using a stakeout which he might recognize.
(c) Hoping to catch him in the act.
(d) Waiting and not protecting the blonde.
5. Why does Cross think the site of the old Jason Snyder farm would make the perfect hiding place for Casanova's lair?
(a) It is hidden within thick woods.
(b) It is near the river where Kate was found.
(c) It has several trapdoors.
(d) The cellar had 2 levels and was very large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross do when he finds Naomi?
2. How does Cross know that Casanova must be at the beach house?
3. Where does Cross follow Sikes?
4. Why does Agent Craig call Cross?
5. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
2. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
3. How does Cross describe the two killers?
4. How does Cross know that he has found the Jason Snyder farm and what can he see of the farm?
5. What does Cross see as he examines Rudolph's apartment?
6. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
7. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
8. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
9. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
10. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)