|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Cross to lie paralyzed on the floor?
(a) He is shot in the arm.
(b) He is hit with a dart from a stun gun.
(c) He feels drugs being injected into his skin.
(d) He has a broken back from being hit with a board.
2. Why do the investigators use pickaxes to dig up the meadow near the killer's lair?
(a) They need to find other entrances to the lair.
(b) They are still looking for other women.
(c) There are bodies buried in the meadow.
(d) They need to unearth the rest of the rooms.
3. What does Cross do when he becomes frustrated because they cannot find the remnants of the farmhouse?
(a) Shoots an old tree stump.
(b) Screams as loud as he can into the woods.
(c) Punches the wood he found.
(d) Runs around until he cannot run anymore.
4. What does Cross do to relax?
(a) Walks around the college campus.
(b) Plays the piano.
(c) Calls home to his family.
(d) Reads and drinks wine.
5. Who does Casanova blame for what happened in the living room?
(a) He blamed Anna herself.
(b) He blamed Kate.
(c) He blamed all of the girls.
(d) He blamed the Gentleman Caller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following reasons is not one that keeps Kate from sleeping when she returns home?
2. What mystery can't Cross and Kate seem to unravel?
3. What does Cross do when he finds Naomi?
4. What caused the police to search Sachs's house?
5. Who is in the cabin with the Gentleman Caller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rudolph tell the ladies of Casanova's harem and what does he instruct them to do?
2. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
3. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
4. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
5. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
6. What does Craig tell Cross after they have uncovered the twenty-third victim in the mass grave?
7. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
8. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
9. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
10. What does Naomi tell Kristen is the plan to help the girls get away from Casanova?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)