|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the investigators use pickaxes to dig up the meadow near the killer's lair?
(a) They are still looking for other women.
(b) There are bodies buried in the meadow.
(c) They need to find other entrances to the lair.
(d) They need to unearth the rest of the rooms.
2. Which of the following is true about Casanova according to Cross?
(a) He is the split personality of Rudolph.
(b) He is very bright and very careful.
(c) He is continually playing mind games with Rudolph.
(d) He is not Sachs.
3. Where does Casanova know that everything can be traced back to?
(a) Roe Tierney and Tom Hutchinson murders.
(b) Duke Medical Center.
(c) Durham Elementary School.
(d) Duke University dorms.
4. Where do Kate and Cross go for a summer trip?
(a) Outer Banks of North Carolina.
(b) Beaches of Florida.
(c) New York City.
5. Why don't Kate and Cross have sex when Cross spends the night with Kate?
(a) The FBI is watching.
(b) Kate is still emotionally traumatized.
(c) They do not want to ruin their friendship.
(d) Cross is still injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls does Rudolph choose?
2. What news does Craig track down Cross to share?
3. What does the smell of bacon remind Rudolph of?
4. Who comes into Naomi's room at the end of this section?
5. What does Kate fantasize about in regard to Casanova?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
2. How does Cross describe the two killers?
3. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
4. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
5. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
6. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
7. What does Cross see as he examines Rudolph's apartment?
8. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
9. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
10. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)