|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Juliette to the fact that the Gentleman Caller is in her house?
(a) The sound of him pulling the knife out of the knife block.
(b) The sound of him clearing his throat.
(c) The smell from his cologne.
(d) The sound of the door shutting behind him.
2. What mystery can't Cross and Kate seem to unravel?
(a) Where Casanova got the masks.
(b) Why Casanova chose Kate.
(c) The disappearing house.
(d) Which woods she escaped from.
3. What is the name of the psychological condition that Cross thinks of in regard to the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
(b) Multiple Personality Disorder.
(c) Sociopath Disorder.
4. What does Casanova think he and Rudolph should do next?
(a) Find new girls and release the ones they have.
(b) Set up the police to take the fall.
(c) Stop all of their captures and killings.
(d) Move to a new area.
5. Who is Casanova still obsessed with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruskin offer to Cross and Sampson, but that Cross is still suspicious about?
2. How does Casanova feel since Sachs has been arrested?
3. Where does Casanova know that everything can be traced back to?
4. Why is Kate upset with Cross?
5. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
2. What does Rudolph tell the ladies of Casanova's harem and what does he instruct them to do?
3. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
4. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
5. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
6. What does Craig tell Cross he believes is the reason that Lieberman was killed?
7. Who is Dr. Freed and what is his purpose within the plot of the story?
8. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
9. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
10. Describe the character who is accused of being the killer, Sachs.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)