|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Kate?
(a) That Cross will not move in with her.
(b) That she does not know if the other girls are safe.
(c) Being close to Sachs and not being able to catch or beat him.
(d) That she is left out of parts of the investigation.
2. Where does Casanova know that everything can be traced back to?
(a) Duke Medical Center.
(b) Duke University dorms.
(c) Durham Elementary School.
(d) Roe Tierney and Tom Hutchinson murders.
3. What does the FBI use microphones to overhear Dr. Rudolph say after the blonde and her girlfriend drive away?
(a) He wants to chop them up and feed them to seagulls.
(b) He can't wait to have them for his own.
(c) He wishes she had been alone and not with a friend.
(d) He will kill her tonight.
4. How much time passed between when Cross and Sampson left Kate and when she was attacked?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 6 hours.
5. Which of the following is the main issue as Kate sees it preventing Kate and Cross from having a relationship?
(a) They have too many areas of difference.
(b) They are both afraid of commitment.
(c) They are both worried about Naomi.
(d) They are both too keyed up from the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross wonder about the two bi-coastal serial killers?
2. Which of the following does Cross believe Sachs is?
3. What does Nana Mama tell Cross that he needs?
4. Which of the following reasons is not one that keeps Kate from sleeping when she returns home?
5. What alerts Juliette to the fact that the Gentleman Caller is in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
2. What does the Gentleman Caller feel inside himself as he watches Juliette's husband leave for work?
3. What does Cross learn about Sachs and how does he learn this information?
4. Describe the character who is accused of being the killer, Sachs.
5. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
6. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
7. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
8. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
9. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
10. What does Cross find in the newspaper accounts of the Tierney/Hutchinson murders that makes him think he has information about Casanova?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)