|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the FBI starting to just now believe that Cross had previously told them about?
(a) The twinning theory of the two killers.
(b) That there needs to be more information shared about the killers.
(c) That the killers are professionals.
(d) That Kate is still not safe.
2. What was the content of the essay that Kate was reading to help her better understand Casanova?
(a) Recovering from trauma.
(b) Sexual urges of the modern male.
(c) Twinning in inmates.
(d) Bonding of college roommates.
3. What does Naomi feel like she is losing?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her chance for escape.
(c) Her friendships.
(d) Her sanity.
4. What does Nana Mama tell Cross that he needs?
(a) A good wife and mother for his children.
(b) A new place to live that is safer.
(c) A new partner to work with.
(d) A new job.
5. What does Casanova believe is Cross' weak point?
(a) His psychological training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rudolph tell Casanova that he is the one who should be there with Kate?
2. What do the Durham police find in Sachs's house?
3. How many more women have been kidnapped in North Carolina?
4. Which of the girls does Rudolph choose?
5. What mystery can't Cross and Kate seem to unravel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Kate knocks Ruskin to the ground?
2. Describe Kate's recovery at this point in the novel.
3. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
4. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
5. When Cross finds Naomi what does she tell him and what does he realize about himself?
6. What does Cross do that he is a bit apprehensive about and how does he justify his actions?
7. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
8. What does Sampson ask Cross about Kate and what is Cross's response?
9. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
10. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)