|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the police to search Sachs's house?
(a) Anonymous tip.
(b) Information from Kate.
(c) What Cross saw when he was there.
(d) Confession from Sachs.
2. Which of the following characters is Casanova?
3. What does Kate fantasize about in regard to Casanova?
(a) Seeing him in jail.
(b) Finding the other girls.
(c) Killing him.
(d) Finding his disappearing house.
4. How does Cross describe what Sachs is doing with the FBI?
(a) Leading them to false clues.
(b) Cat and mouse game.
(c) Unaware they are around.
(d) Trying to confuse them with misinformation.
5. What frustrates Kate?
(a) That she is left out of parts of the investigation.
(b) Being close to Sachs and not being able to catch or beat him.
(c) That she does not know if the other girls are safe.
(d) That Cross will not move in with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the investigators use pickaxes to dig up the meadow near the killer's lair?
2. What were the underground cellars called on the Underground Railroad?
3. What is the Gentleman Caller's specialty?
4. What does Cross believe is wrong with the scene at Kate's house that leads him to believe this was not a Casanova scene?
5. Where does the Gentleman Caller stop after he flees Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character who is accused of being the killer, Sachs.
2. How does Kate handle the situation when Casanova comes back for her in her own house?
3. What wakes Naomi up and what does she think this indicates?
4. What brazen act does Casanova do in Chapter 102 which allows him to marvel at his perfect mask that allows him to fit in anywhere?
5. What are the basic points of the investigation according to Cross at this point in the novel?
6. What is one of the Caller's most private secrets about the women that he chooses?
7. What plan does Casanova believe will allow him and Rudolph to beat Cross?
8. When Kate watches the suspect go into the hospital what conclusions does she come to about him being Casanova?
9. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
10. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)