|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marcus search out Dr. Cross?
(a) Psychiatric help.
(b) To set up a sting.
(c) To arrest his parents.
(d) To be a police informant.
2. How do Ruskin and Cross describe Kate's survival and escape?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A hopeful step.
(c) A breakthrough.
(d) A surprise.
3. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
(a) To keep an eye on him so he doesn't go off on his own.
(b) To look where others are not looking.
(c) To provide a personal insight.
(d) To be a liaison between the FBI and local authorities.
4. Where does Kate believe the mask Casanova wears might be from?
5. Which of the following words best describes the mask Casanova wears when he admonishes Kate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was slipped under Cross' door while he was sleeping?
2. What does Casanova tell the Gentleman Caller when he calls him?
3. How is Casanova unlike other mass killers?
4. What happened to Cross' wife?
5. Who does Cross meet with from the university?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
2. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
3. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
4. What happens to Kate after she escapes and runs through the woods trying to get away from Casanova?
5. What happens when Casanova tries to go to sleep and what does this make him realize?
6. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
7. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
8. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
9. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
10. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)