|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does Lieberman share with Cross about the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
(a) She thinks they might be talking to each other.
(b) She believes Casanova has killed the Gentleman Caller.
(c) She believes the Gentleman Caller has followed Casanova.
(d) She thinks they are the same person.
2. Why does Cross spend the night with Kate?
(a) He feels that he has to be there for emotional support.
(b) He wants to be the first one to speak with her.
(c) He thinks she will die soon.
(d) He is afraid that Casanova is a doctor and may return.
3. What does Casanova tell the Gentleman Caller when he calls him?
(a) That he wants to visit him.
(b) That he feels a little crazy and picked up a new beauty.
(c) That he is very upset that he wrote about his girls in his diary.
(d) That he feels that the Gentleman Caller is losing it.
4. What happened to all of Kate's immediate family except for her sister, Carol Anne?
(a) They became drug addicts.
(b) They died from cancer.
(c) They became doctors.
(d) They abandoned her.
5. Who found Kate?
(c) No one.
(d) Two young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mask does Casanova describe himself as having?
2. What rule prevents the girls from joining together to overtake Casanova?
3. Where does Kate believe the mask Casanova wears might be from?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Dean Lowell?
5. What name does Casanova have for his forbidden game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
2. Why does Rudolph go after Kate?
3. What do Cross and Kate do and what impresses Cross that Kate has done for the occasion?
4. What does Casanova ask Kate, how does she respond, and what does he do when she gives her response?
5. When Cross and Kate go to the Outer Banks for a summer trip, what decisions do they come to in regards to their relationship?
6. How does Cross know that he has found the Jason Snyder farm and what can he see of the farm?
7. What does Cross notice about Kate and why does he believe they both fear their budding relationship?
8. What does Sampson offer to do for Marcus and what does the reader learn about Marcus' family?
9. Describe the details that Kate shares with Cross to help him with the psychological profile.
10. What is Kate's condition and how does Cross describe his relationship to Kate to his friend Sampson?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)