|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
(a) The possibility that he will be totally shut out of the investigation.
(b) The possibility that he will not solve the case.
(c) The possibility that Casanova will come after him.
(d) The possibility that Naomi is dead.
2. Why is Kate McTiernan planning on returning to West Virginia?
(a) She needs to do that to work off her college debt.
(b) She wants to pay back her local community.
(c) She made a promise to her dying mother.
(d) She has a job waiting for her there.
3. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
(a) She is all right.
(b) How did she escape.
(c) Where is Naomi.
(d) Communicating without words.
4. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
(a) To look where others are not looking.
(b) To be a liaison between the FBI and local authorities.
(c) To keep an eye on him so he doesn't go off on his own.
(d) To provide a personal insight.
5. What was slipped under Cross' door while he was sleeping?
(a) 1900s postcard.
(b) FBI case file.
(c) Picture of Naomi.
(d) Painting by Edvard Munch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Casanova look for his prey?
2. What is Kate suffering from when Cross goes to see her in the hospital?
3. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
4. Why does Casanova tell Kate he chose her?
5. Which of the following accurately describes Kate during the conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
2. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
3. In what way does Casanova's method change?
4. What writer does Casanova think about and how does this relate to the things he does with the women he holds captive?
5. What secret does Cross share with Kate and how does Kate respond?
6. How does Casanova feel as he watches Anna Miller and what is unique about these feelings?
7. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
8. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
9. What does Dr. Cross' family wonder in regards to the police investigation and what was Sampson told about this issue?
10. When Dr. Cross arrives at the emergency room, what state is Marcus in and what does Dr. Cross reveal about his condition?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)