|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a nickname for Naomi?
2. How does Kate wake up when Cross is sitting with her?
(a) She does not wake up.
(b) By yelling for help and calling to Naomi.
(c) Sobbing hysterically.
(d) With a scream.
3. In what year does this section of the novel about Dr. Cross take place?
4. As Kate tries to get away from the powerful man, what information is she shocked to realize?
(a) The killer knows her name.
(b) She knows the killer's name.
(c) This is the killer who has been on television.
(d) She is being drugged.
5. Which of the following accurately describes Kate during the conference?
(a) Calm and confident.
(b) Shocked and traumatized.
(c) Reserved and shy.
(d) Nervous and upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Cross think Kate is sending to Casanova?
2. What theory does Lieberman share with Cross about the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
3. What does Kate meditate to focus on?
4. What was the new twist in regard to Casanova's crimes?
5. Who found Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross begin to think about Casanova and his reasons for possibly taking Naomi?
2. Describe how Kate feels and what she goes through when she wakes up?
3. What is the surprise that Casanova has planned for the girls and what does he tell Naomi afterward?
4. What information does Detective Nick Ruskin call to share with Cross?
5. What does Dr. Cross' family wonder in regards to the police investigation and what was Sampson told about this issue?
6. How many suspects do the police currently have under surveillance and why were all of the local policemen checked out by the FBI?
7. What information does Mary Ellen share with Cross when he pays her a visit in his investigation into his missing niece?
8. Describe where Kate lives and what she does when she arrives home after her Saturday night karate class.
9. What does Casanova do as Cross meets with Mary Ellen and what is he thinking during this time?
10. What during the hypnosis causes Kate to cry and what does this cause her to ask Cross for?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)