|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross think may be Casanova's hiding place?
(a) An abandoned civil war farm house.
(b) An old railroad building.
(c) A condemned university building.
(d) An underground railroad cellar.
2. Where do Kate and Cross go for a summer trip?
(a) Beaches of Florida.
(b) Outer Banks of North Carolina.
(c) New York City.
3. What happened to Sampson?
(a) One of the killers stabbed him in the back.
(b) One of the killers shot him up with drugs.
(c) One of the killers broke his leg.
(d) One of the killers shot him in the arm.
4. Which of the following is true about Casanova according to Cross?
(a) He is the split personality of Rudolph.
(b) He is not Sachs.
(c) He is continually playing mind games with Rudolph.
(d) He is very bright and very careful.
5. How does Cross describe what Sachs is doing with the FBI?
(a) Leading them to false clues.
(b) Trying to confuse them with misinformation.
(c) Unaware they are around.
(d) Cat and mouse game.
6. What does the injured killer first do when he realizes that Cross is still following them?
(a) Runs toward the cliff.
(b) Shoots at him.
(c) Hides behind trees.
7. What frustrates Kate?
(a) That Cross will not move in with her.
(b) That she does not know if the other girls are safe.
(c) Being close to Sachs and not being able to catch or beat him.
(d) That she is left out of parts of the investigation.
8. Why won't Kate go to a hotel as Cross suggests?
(a) She has Cross with her so that makes it safer.
(b) She won't let Casanova chase her out of her house.
(c) She feels that she is being repressed and needs continuity.
(d) She feels safer in a known environment.
9. What does Naomi feel like she is losing?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her friendships.
(c) Her sanity.
(d) Her chance for escape.
10. What does Kate do to help her sleep?
(a) She calls Cross.
(b) She puts a weapon under her pillow.
(c) She goes to a hotel.
(d) She drinks a glass of wine.
11. What does Cross do to relax?
(a) Calls home to his family.
(b) Plays the piano.
(c) Walks around the college campus.
(d) Reads and drinks wine.
12. How does Casanova feel since Sachs has been arrested?
(d) At peace.
13. What does the smell of bacon remind Rudolph of?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His wife.
(c) His last victim.
(d) His first victim.
14. What does Cross do when he becomes frustrated because they cannot find the remnants of the farmhouse?
(a) Runs around until he cannot run anymore.
(b) Shoots an old tree stump.
(c) Screams as loud as he can into the woods.
(d) Punches the wood he found.
15. What does Cross believe is one factor that gave Casanova away when he shot at Cross?
(a) The mask was one he saw in a police car.
(b) He used a weapon that is commonly issued to the police.
(c) He saw a badge beneath his coat.
(d) Casanova went into a professional shooting crouch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Gentleman Caller stop after he flees Cross?
2. What does the Gentleman Caller shop for on Melrose Avenue?
3. Who is Casanova still obsessed with?
4. Who does Cross believe is Casanova?
5. Who comes into Naomi's room at the end of this section?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)