|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the underground cellars called on the Underground Railroad?
2. What does Sampson tell Cross when he comes to the back door at the end of the novel?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) More girls are missing.
(c) There has been another murder.
(d) Kate is dead.
3. Which of the following reasons is not one that keeps Kate from sleeping when she returns home?
(a) She hears noises.
(b) She misses Cross.
(c) She feels unsafe.
(d) She sees Casanova.
4. What does Cross think about to help him hold on to the Range Rover?
(a) His children.
(d) His wife.
5. What was the content of the essay that Kate was reading to help her better understand Casanova?
(a) Bonding of college roommates.
(b) Recovering from trauma.
(c) Twinning in inmates.
(d) Sexual urges of the modern male.
6. How does Cross describe what Sachs is doing with the FBI?
(a) Unaware they are around.
(b) Cat and mouse game.
(c) Trying to confuse them with misinformation.
(d) Leading them to false clues.
7. What happens that causes Cross and the FBI agents to run toward the cabin?
(a) Kate runs toward the cabin first.
(b) They see the Gentleman Caller strangling the girl.
(c) They hear a gun shot.
(d) They hear the woman scream.
8. How does Cross describe Kate to Sampson?
9. What does Cross believe led to the downfall of Rudolph and Casanova?
(a) When they took Cross's niece.
(b) A competition when Rudolph left for California.
(c) Kate's escape.
(d) The FBI's investigation.
10. Where does Cross follow Sikes?
(a) To the lair.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To a sports bar.
(d) To an abandoned factory.
11. What does Cross think may be Casanova's hiding place?
(a) A condemned university building.
(b) An abandoned civil war farm house.
(c) An old railroad building.
(d) An underground railroad cellar.
12. What does Casanova think he and Rudolph should do next?
(a) Stop all of their captures and killings.
(b) Find new girls and release the ones they have.
(c) Move to a new area.
(d) Set up the police to take the fall.
13. Why don't Kate and Cross have sex when Cross spends the night with Kate?
(a) Cross is still injured.
(b) Kate is still emotionally traumatized.
(c) They do not want to ruin their friendship.
(d) The FBI is watching.
14. How does Cross know that Casanova must be at the beach house?
(a) He gets a call from the FBI.
(b) He finds the bodies of two FBI agents.
(c) He hears Kate scream.
(d) He sees a mask lying on the ground.
15. What does Ruskin offer to Cross and Sampson, but that Cross is still suspicious about?
(a) To work together more.
(b) To stake out Sachs more in-depthly.
(c) To remove himself from the investigation.
(d) To get them the case files from the 1981 murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross do to relax?
2. What does Cross do when he finds Naomi?
3. What decision do Cross and Kate come to about their relationship?
4. When was Sachs a murder suspect?
5. How does Naomi acknowledge that she understands and agrees with Kristen?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)