|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the psychological condition that Cross thinks of in regard to the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
(a) Sociopath Disorder.
(d) Multiple Personality Disorder.
2. What does Cross believe led to the downfall of Rudolph and Casanova?
(a) Kate's escape.
(b) A competition when Rudolph left for California.
(c) When they took Cross's niece.
(d) The FBI's investigation.
3. What does Cross feel that the cabin in the woods might be?
(a) Where Casanova and Cross met.
(b) The base command center for both killers.
(c) The place where Kate was held.
(d) A trap.
4. Why won't Kate go to a hotel as Cross suggests?
(a) She feels safer in a known environment.
(b) She won't let Casanova chase her out of her house.
(c) She feels that she is being repressed and needs continuity.
(d) She has Cross with her so that makes it safer.
5. What does Casanova believe is Cross' weak point?
(b) His psychological training.
6. Which of the girls does Rudolph choose?
7. What does Cross do to relax?
(a) Calls home to his family.
(b) Plays the piano.
(c) Reads and drinks wine.
(d) Walks around the college campus.
8. What frustrates Kate?
(a) That she is left out of parts of the investigation.
(b) That Cross will not move in with her.
(c) That she does not know if the other girls are safe.
(d) Being close to Sachs and not being able to catch or beat him.
9. What happens when Naomi tries to call out to Kristen?
(a) She hears Casanova approach.
(b) No words come out of her mouth.
(c) Rudolph gags her.
(d) She hears a gunshot.
10. What do they find in Rudolph's secret compartment?
(b) A picture of Rudolph with each victim.
(c) Refrigerator with body parts from his victims.
(d) His diary with all of the details of his crimes.
11. What is the Gentleman Caller's specialty?
(a) Plastic surgery.
12. What does Sampson tell Cross when he comes to the back door at the end of the novel?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) More girls are missing.
(c) There has been another murder.
(d) Kate is dead.
13. What does the Gentleman Caller shop for on Melrose Avenue?
(b) Clothes for his victim to wear.
(c) Disguises for himself.
(d) Another woman.
14. What does Naomi see when she gets into the living room with the other girls?
(a) She sees Anna hanging from the ceiling beams.
(b) She sees Casanova with no mask.
(c) She sees the Gentleman Caller along with Casanova.
(d) She sees her violin again and knows that she must perform another concert.
15. Which of the following characters is Casanova?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kate and Cross go for a summer trip?
2. Why don't Kate and Cross have sex when Cross spends the night with Kate?
3. Who is Casanova still obsessed with?
4. What does Cross do when he becomes frustrated because they cannot find the remnants of the farmhouse?
5. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)