|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross do when he finds Naomi?
(a) He cries.
(b) He leaves taking her to safety.
(c) He immediately leaves.
(d) He celebrates.
2. When was Sachs a murder suspect?
(a) When he was a graduate student.
(b) When he was a child.
(c) When he was an undergraduate.
(d) When he was first hired by the university.
3. Which of the following terms describes how Sachs is known around the college campus?
(a) Highly intelligent.
(d) Weight lifter.
4. Who is in the cabin with the Gentleman Caller?
(b) No one.
5. What is Kate's status?
(a) She has amnesia.
(b) She is awake but unable to communicate.
(c) She has died.
(d) She is in a coma.
6. What does Cross think may be Casanova's hiding place?
(a) An abandoned civil war farm house.
(b) A condemned university building.
(c) An old railroad building.
(d) An underground railroad cellar.
7. What does Cross believe is one factor that gave Casanova away when he shot at Cross?
(a) He used a weapon that is commonly issued to the police.
(b) He saw a badge beneath his coat.
(c) Casanova went into a professional shooting crouch.
(d) The mask was one he saw in a police car.
8. Why does Casanova believe Rudolph was so unstable in California?
(a) He used too many drugs.
(b) He was unable to blend into the society there.
(c) He could not find the right girl.
(d) He was too far away from Casanova.
9. Why does Cross think the site of the old Jason Snyder farm would make the perfect hiding place for Casanova's lair?
(a) It is near the river where Kate was found.
(b) It is hidden within thick woods.
(c) It has several trapdoors.
(d) The cellar had 2 levels and was very large.
10. What does the FBI use microphones to overhear Dr. Rudolph say after the blonde and her girlfriend drive away?
(a) He wishes she had been alone and not with a friend.
(b) He wants to chop them up and feed them to seagulls.
(c) He can't wait to have them for his own.
(d) He will kill her tonight.
11. Which of the following does Cross believe Sachs is?
(d) Gentlemen Caller.
12. What is the name of the psychological condition that Cross thinks of in regard to the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
(a) Multiple Personality Disorder.
(b) Sociopath Disorder.
13. What does Naomi see when she gets into the living room with the other girls?
(a) She sees Anna hanging from the ceiling beams.
(b) She sees her violin again and knows that she must perform another concert.
(c) She sees Casanova with no mask.
(d) She sees the Gentleman Caller along with Casanova.
14. How does Casanova feel without Rudolph?
15. What does Kate fantasize about in regard to Casanova?
(a) Killing him.
(b) Finding his disappearing house.
(c) Finding the other girls.
(d) Seeing him in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frustrates Kate?
2. Why do the investigators use pickaxes to dig up the meadow near the killer's lair?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the Gentleman Caller?
4. Which of the following characters is Casanova?
5. What happens that causes Cross and the FBI agents to run toward the cabin?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)