|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cross think the site of the old Jason Snyder farm would make the perfect hiding place for Casanova's lair?
(a) It is hidden within thick woods.
(b) The cellar had 2 levels and was very large.
(c) It is near the river where Kate was found.
(d) It has several trapdoors.
2. How does Cross describe Kate to Sampson?
3. Which of the following does Cross believe Sachs is?
(a) Gentlemen Caller.
4. What does Cross do to relax?
(a) Reads and drinks wine.
(b) Calls home to his family.
(c) Walks around the college campus.
(d) Plays the piano.
5. What does Kate believe might be the reason the Gentleman Caller has not been caught?
(a) Because the women pick him.
(b) Because he is smarter than the police.
(c) Because he is handsome.
(d) Because he is a doctor.
6. What does Cross do when he becomes frustrated because they cannot find the remnants of the farmhouse?
(a) Screams as loud as he can into the woods.
(b) Punches the wood he found.
(c) Runs around until he cannot run anymore.
(d) Shoots an old tree stump.
7. How long has it been since Naomi saw Casanova last?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 month.
8. What does Cross believe led to the downfall of Rudolph and Casanova?
(a) Kate's escape.
(b) The FBI's investigation.
(c) When they took Cross's niece.
(d) A competition when Rudolph left for California.
9. Why is Kate upset with Cross?
(a) Because he was seriously injured.
(b) Because Rudolph escaped.
(c) Because he didn't save the girl.
(d) Because he would not stay in the hospital.
10. Where does Casanova know that everything can be traced back to?
(a) Duke Medical Center.
(b) Durham Elementary School.
(c) Duke University dorms.
(d) Roe Tierney and Tom Hutchinson murders.
11. What does Naomi see when she gets into the living room with the other girls?
(a) She sees her violin again and knows that she must perform another concert.
(b) She sees Anna hanging from the ceiling beams.
(c) She sees Casanova with no mask.
(d) She sees the Gentleman Caller along with Casanova.
12. What profession does the FBI suspect the Gentleman Caller has?
13. What happened to Sampson?
(a) One of the killers broke his leg.
(b) One of the killers stabbed him in the back.
(c) One of the killers shot him in the arm.
(d) One of the killers shot him up with drugs.
14. What does Casanova believe is Cross' weak point?
(b) His psychological training.
15. What frustrates Kate?
(a) That she does not know if the other girls are safe.
(b) That she is left out of parts of the investigation.
(c) Being close to Sachs and not being able to catch or beat him.
(d) That Cross will not move in with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that causes Cross and the FBI agents to run toward the cabin?
2. What does Casanova think he and Rudolph should do next?
3. Who comes into Naomi's room at the end of this section?
4. What alerts Juliette to the fact that the Gentleman Caller is in her house?
5. What does Cross feel that the cabin in the woods might be?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)