|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the scene among the faces of the crowd as Cross arrives at Kate's house after the attack?
2. What happens that causes Cross and the FBI agents to run toward the cabin?
(a) They see the Gentleman Caller strangling the girl.
(b) Kate runs toward the cabin first.
(c) They hear the woman scream.
(d) They hear a gun shot.
3. How does Casanova feel without Rudolph?
4. Where do Kate and Cross go for a summer trip?
(a) Beaches of Florida.
(b) Outer Banks of North Carolina.
(d) New York City.
5. What does Rudolph do as he approaches each of the girls individually?
(a) Touches them.
(b) Asks them questions.
(c) Harms them.
(d) Smells them.
6. How long have Casanova and Rudolph been on their murder spree?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 2 years.
7. What causes Cross to lie paralyzed on the floor?
(a) He is shot in the arm.
(b) He has a broken back from being hit with a board.
(c) He feels drugs being injected into his skin.
(d) He is hit with a dart from a stun gun.
8. What happens when Naomi tries to call out to Kristen?
(a) She hears Casanova approach.
(b) She hears a gunshot.
(c) No words come out of her mouth.
(d) Rudolph gags her.
9. What is Kate's status?
(a) She is in a coma.
(b) She has amnesia.
(c) She has died.
(d) She is awake but unable to communicate.
10. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
11. How long did Kate go without seeing her father before she tracked him down?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. What alerts Juliette to the fact that the Gentleman Caller is in her house?
(a) The sound of him clearing his throat.
(b) The sound of the door shutting behind him.
(c) The sound of him pulling the knife out of the knife block.
(d) The smell from his cologne.
13. Which of the following characters is Casanova?
14. How does Cross describe Kate to Sampson?
15. What does Kate fantasize about in regard to Casanova?
(a) Seeing him in jail.
(b) Finding his disappearing house.
(c) Killing him.
(d) Finding the other girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls does Rudolph choose?
2. Where does Cross follow Sikes?
3. What does Sampson tell Cross when he comes to the back door at the end of the novel?
4. What mystery can't Cross and Kate seem to unravel?
5. Which of the following is true about Casanova according to Cross?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)