|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross believe led to the downfall of Rudolph and Casanova?
(a) Kate's escape.
(b) A competition when Rudolph left for California.
(c) When they took Cross's niece.
(d) The FBI's investigation.
2. Why don't Kate and Cross have sex when Cross spends the night with Kate?
(a) The FBI is watching.
(b) Kate is still emotionally traumatized.
(c) Cross is still injured.
(d) They do not want to ruin their friendship.
3. What does Sampson tell Cross when he comes to the back door at the end of the novel?
(a) Kate is dead.
(b) More girls are missing.
(c) There has been another murder.
(d) He has been shot.
4. What does Cross do when he finds Naomi?
(a) He leaves taking her to safety.
(b) He cries.
(c) He celebrates.
(d) He immediately leaves.
5. What does Cross believe is one factor that gave Casanova away when he shot at Cross?
(a) He saw a badge beneath his coat.
(b) The mask was one he saw in a police car.
(c) Casanova went into a professional shooting crouch.
(d) He used a weapon that is commonly issued to the police.
6. What does the injured killer first do when he realizes that Cross is still following them?
(a) Hides behind trees.
(b) Shoots at him.
(d) Runs toward the cliff.
7. How does Casanova feel without Rudolph?
8. Who comes into Naomi's room at the end of this section?
9. What happened to Sampson?
(a) One of the killers stabbed him in the back.
(b) One of the killers broke his leg.
(c) One of the killers shot him up with drugs.
(d) One of the killers shot him in the arm.
10. How many women does Casanova now have in his harem?
11. What does Cross think about to help him hold on to the Range Rover?
(a) His wife.
(d) His children.
12. How long did Kate go without seeing her father before she tracked him down?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. What is the FBI starting to just now believe that Cross had previously told them about?
(a) That there needs to be more information shared about the killers.
(b) The twinning theory of the two killers.
(c) That Kate is still not safe.
(d) That the killers are professionals.
14. Why won't Kate go to a hotel as Cross suggests?
(a) She won't let Casanova chase her out of her house.
(b) She feels safer in a known environment.
(c) She has Cross with her so that makes it safer.
(d) She feels that she is being repressed and needs continuity.
15. Who is Casanova still obsessed with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Naomi acknowledge that she understands and agrees with Kristen?
2. What dangerous game are Cross and the agents playing?
3. What does Ruskin offer to Cross and Sampson, but that Cross is still suspicious about?
4. What does Rudolph do as he approaches each of the girls individually?
5. Why does Cross think the site of the old Jason Snyder farm would make the perfect hiding place for Casanova's lair?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)