|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cross spend the night with Kate?
(a) He feels that he has to be there for emotional support.
(b) He wants to be the first one to speak with her.
(c) He is afraid that Casanova is a doctor and may return.
(d) He thinks she will die soon.
2. What is the Gentleman Caller's signature?
(a) A sprinkling of powder across the body.
(b) A business card in the pocket of the victim.
(c) Newspaper article on the victim's chest.
(d) Fresh flowers with the body.
3. When did FBI agent Kyle Craig and Cross meet?
(a) When it was announced that Naomi was missing.
(b) When Cross taught a course for the FBI.
(c) When they were looking for a serial kidnapper.
(d) When Cross was accused of committing a crime.
4. What message does Cross think Kate is sending to Casanova?
(a) She wants him to know she beat him.
(b) She wants him to know he will be caught.
(c) She wants him to be on guard.
(d) She wants him to blame her, not the other girls.
5. Which of the following accurately describes Kate during the conference?
(a) Nervous and upset.
(b) Reserved and shy.
(c) Calm and confident.
(d) Shocked and traumatized.
6. What relationship did Naomi and Dean Lowell have?
7. What does the Casanova killer do just before he kills his victims?
(a) Reads them poetry.
(b) Sings to them.
(c) Makes love to them.
(d) Kisses them.
8. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
(a) To look where others are not looking.
(b) To be a liaison between the FBI and local authorities.
(c) To provide a personal insight.
(d) To keep an eye on him so he doesn't go off on his own.
9. What happened to all of Kate's immediate family except for her sister, Carol Anne?
(a) They abandoned her.
(b) They became doctors.
(c) They became drug addicts.
(d) They died from cancer.
10. Which of the following characters shares the same profession as Dr. Cross?
(c) John Sampson.
11. Approximately how many women does Casanova have at the house at one time?
(a) Always at least nine.
(b) More than ten.
(c) No more than five.
(d) Between six and eight.
12. Who does Cross meet with from the university?
(b) The head of the college police department.
(c) Dean of Women.
(d) A group of women who know those that have disappeared.
13. What was slipped under Cross' door while he was sleeping?
(a) Painting by Edvard Munch.
(b) Picture of Naomi.
(c) 1900s postcard.
(d) FBI case file.
14. Why is Kate McTiernan planning on returning to West Virginia?
(a) She has a job waiting for her there.
(b) She made a promise to her dying mother.
(c) She needs to do that to work off her college debt.
(d) She wants to pay back her local community.
15. What makes Casanova let out a scream?
(a) Seeing the police down the street.
(b) Thinking about the girl he left tied to the tree.
(c) That is how he changes back to his true self.
(d) Wondering who will be his next victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Casanova describe the idea of Cross capturing him?
2. What theory does Lieberman share with Cross about the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
3. What kind of mask does Casanova describe himself as having?
4. What happened to Kate McTiernan?
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)