|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What particular place impresses Cross about the place where Naomi was last seen?
(b) Bright lights.
2. How is Casanova unlike other mass killers?
(a) The police cannot find him.
(b) He does not stick to one type of victim.
(c) He feels sorrow and remorse.
(d) He does not believe in rules.
3. Why can't Casanova sleep?
(a) He doesn't like sleeping with his wife.
(b) He realizes he made his first mistake.
(c) He needs to talk to his friend.
(d) He is so excited about his new capture.
4. Which of the following is what Burns thinks a collector is in relation to Casanova?
(a) Someone who takes souvenirs from his victims.
(b) Someone who keeps pictures of the women he kills.
(c) Someone who keeps a harem of girls nearby.
(d) Someone who needs to complete many killings at one time.
5. Why does Cross spend the night with Kate?
(a) He wants to be the first one to speak with her.
(b) He thinks she will die soon.
(c) He feels that he has to be there for emotional support.
(d) He is afraid that Casanova is a doctor and may return.
6. Approximately how many women does Casanova have at the house at one time?
(a) Always at least nine.
(b) Between six and eight.
(c) No more than five.
(d) More than ten.
7. What was the new twist in regard to Casanova's crimes?
(a) He murdered the fiancé.
(b) He left a clue behind.
(c) He took a woman who he had not researched.
(d) He used a gun not just a stun gun.
8. What does the Casanova killer do just before he kills his victims?
(a) Makes love to them.
(b) Kisses them.
(c) Sings to them.
(d) Reads them poetry.
9. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
(a) The possibility that he will be totally shut out of the investigation.
(b) The possibility that Naomi is dead.
(c) The possibility that he will not solve the case.
(d) The possibility that Casanova will come after him.
10. By the end of Chapter 15, how many murders have been associated with Casanova in the Southeast region of the country?
11. What happened to Cross' wife?
(a) Killed in a drive-by shooting.
(b) Died from cancer.
(c) Was killed by a serial killer.
(d) Committed suicide.
12. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
(a) That she is afraid to share any information with him.
(b) That she never heard of a girl named Naomi.
(c) That Naomi saved her life.
(d) That she broke the rules by talking to a girl named Naomi.
13. Who does Cross feel continues to shut him out of the investigation?
14. What rule prevents the girls from joining together to overtake Casanova?
(a) Rule against touching.
(b) Rule against communication.
(c) Rule against harming him.
(d) Rule against violence.
15. Which of the following describes how Casanova feels as he watches Anna?
(a) A little out of control.
(b) Calm and relaxed.
(c) Energized and aroused.
(d) Relieved and rejuvenated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casanova insist on when he has sex with Kate?
2. Who does Cross meet with from the university?
3. Where does Casanova sit tracking his latest conquest?
4. What does Kate meditate to focus on?
5. What does the killer in the Gentleman Caller summary pride himself on?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)