|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casanova tell Kate that she is there?
(a) To show him her strength and quickness.
(b) To train her.
(c) To perform for him.
(d) So he can fall in love with her for awhile.
2. Why is Kate McTiernan planning on returning to West Virginia?
(a) She wants to pay back her local community.
(b) She needs to do that to work off her college debt.
(c) She made a promise to her dying mother.
(d) She has a job waiting for her there.
3. What information does Cross keep from the local police and the FBI?
(a) Kate's drugged state.
(b) The information about Naomi.
(c) Cross's thoughts on who Casanova is.
(d) The amount of physical abuse Kate suffered.
4. Who found Kate?
(a) No one.
(d) Two young boys.
5. How long did the Gentleman Caller killer watch the Azalea Queen before he killed her?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 week.
6. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
(a) She is all right.
(b) How did she escape.
(c) Communicating without words.
(d) Where is Naomi.
7. How is Casanova unlike other mass killers?
(a) The police cannot find him.
(b) He does not stick to one type of victim.
(c) He does not believe in rules.
(d) He feels sorrow and remorse.
8. What is Kate suffering from when Cross goes to see her in the hospital?
(a) Severe broken bones and lacerations.
(c) Post-traumatic shock.
9. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
(a) That she is afraid to share any information with him.
(b) That she broke the rules by talking to a girl named Naomi.
(c) That she never heard of a girl named Naomi.
(d) That Naomi saved her life.
10. What particular place impresses Cross about the place where Naomi was last seen?
(d) Bright lights.
11. How does Cross refer to serial killers?
(b) Suppressed people.
12. What does Cross think may have happened to Bette Anne Ryerson?
(a) She may have had physical complications.
(b) She was a strong willed woman who escaped.
(c) She may have been rejected.
(d) She may have had a breakdown.
13. What was the first rule that is provided to Kate?
(a) She must never try to escape.
(b) She must never call for help.
(c) She must never speak to him.
(d) She must never use her karate skills.
14. Which of the following characters shares the same profession as Dr. Cross?
(b) John Sampson.
15. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
(a) The possibility that he will not solve the case.
(b) The possibility that Casanova will come after him.
(c) The possibility that Naomi is dead.
(d) The possibility that he will be totally shut out of the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Kate think Casanova may have?
2. What relationship did Naomi and Dean Lowell have?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Dean Lowell?
4. What does the killer in the Gentleman Caller summary pride himself on?
5. How does Kate wake up when Cross is sitting with her?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)