|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casanova tell the Gentleman Caller when he calls him?
(a) That he feels that the Gentleman Caller is losing it.
(b) That he feels a little crazy and picked up a new beauty.
(c) That he wants to visit him.
(d) That he is very upset that he wrote about his girls in his diary.
2. Which of the following is a nickname for Naomi?
3. What happened to all of Kate's immediate family except for her sister, Carol Anne?
(a) They died from cancer.
(b) They abandoned her.
(c) They became drug addicts.
(d) They became doctors.
4. Why does Cross spend the night with Kate?
(a) He feels that he has to be there for emotional support.
(b) He wants to be the first one to speak with her.
(c) He thinks she will die soon.
(d) He is afraid that Casanova is a doctor and may return.
5. Why did Marcus search out Dr. Cross?
(a) To arrest his parents.
(b) To set up a sting.
(c) To be a police informant.
(d) Psychiatric help.
6. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Casanova?
7. What does Cross do in the hopes of jogging her memory further?
(a) Hypnotizes her.
(b) Uses drugs to help her relax.
(c) Has her walk through the events of the day she disappeared.
(d) Provides therapy for her.
8. How do Ruskin and Cross describe Kate's survival and escape?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A breakthrough.
(c) A hopeful step.
(d) A surprise.
9. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
(a) To keep an eye on him so he doesn't go off on his own.
(b) To be a liaison between the FBI and local authorities.
(c) To provide a personal insight.
(d) To look where others are not looking.
10. Why does Casanova tell Naomi he picked her?
(a) She is smart enough to understand him.
(b) She has tenacity.
(c) She enjoys pornographic acts.
(d) She is fearless.
11. What profession does Kate think Casanova may have?
12. Who does Cross meet with from the university?
(a) A group of women who know those that have disappeared.
(b) Dean of Women.
(d) The head of the college police department.
13. Where does Casanova look for his prey?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) Duke campus.
14. Who does Cross feel continues to shut him out of the investigation?
15. What is Anna doing as Casanova watches her through the window?
(a) Reading a book alone.
(b) Drinking wine with her fiancé.
(c) Looking through her earlier purchases.
(d) Making love with her fiancé.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
2. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
3. What is Casanova holding when all of the women meet him in the living room?
4. What does Kate agree to do while accompanied by Detective Ruskin and Sikes?
5. What information does Kate want to help prove to herself that she is sane?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)