|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Cross think Kate is sending to Casanova?
(a) She wants him to know she beat him.
(b) She wants him to blame her, not the other girls.
(c) She wants him to be on guard.
(d) She wants him to know he will be caught.
2. Where was the last place that Naomi was seen?
(a) Local pizza place.
(b) University hospital.
(c) College library.
(d) Sarah Duke Gardens.
3. Why does Casanova tell Naomi he picked her?
(a) She enjoys pornographic acts.
(b) She is fearless.
(c) She has tenacity.
(d) She is smart enough to understand him.
4. Who comes out and blocks Casanova's view of his latest conquest as she leaves?
(a) A police man.
(b) His wife.
(c) The store clerk.
(d) The waiter.
5. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
(a) That Naomi saved her life.
(b) That she never heard of a girl named Naomi.
(c) That she is afraid to share any information with him.
(d) That she broke the rules by talking to a girl named Naomi.
6. What information does Cross keep from the local police and the FBI?
(a) The information about Naomi.
(b) Kate's drugged state.
(c) The amount of physical abuse Kate suffered.
(d) Cross's thoughts on who Casanova is.
7. Why did Marcus search out Dr. Cross?
(a) To set up a sting.
(b) Psychiatric help.
(c) To be a police informant.
(d) To arrest his parents.
8. Why is Kate McTiernan planning on returning to West Virginia?
(a) She has a job waiting for her there.
(b) She made a promise to her dying mother.
(c) She needs to do that to work off her college debt.
(d) She wants to pay back her local community.
9. Where does Casanova look for his prey?
(b) Duke campus.
(c) West Virginia.
10. What information does Kate want to help prove to herself that she is sane?
(a) What drug Casanova used on her.
(b) How she can escape.
(c) How many days she has been there.
(d) When Casanova will visit her again.
11. What things does Casanova prepare for Anna?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald book and a new robe.
(b) Music from the Rolling Stones and a book of poetry.
(c) Robe and mask.
(d) Warm milk, rubber tubing and a wicker basket.
12. Who does Cross meet with from the university?
(a) Dean of Women.
(b) A group of women who know those that have disappeared.
(c) The head of the college police department.
13. What was the special treat that Casanova told the girls about?
(a) Kate was recaptured.
(b) Naomi playing the violin for them.
(c) He lies and tells them that he will be releasing them.
(d) He was not going to bother any of them tonight.
14. What name does Casanova have for his forbidden game?
(a) Kiss the girls.
(b) Hide and seek.
(c) Romance and love.
(d) Love shack.
15. How old was the Gentleman Caller's latest victim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes the mask Casanova wears when he admonishes Kate?
2. What did Naomi do that caused some problems in the dorm according to Florence?
3. What does Casanova tell Kate he feels?
4. What makes Casanova let out a scream?
5. How does Kate wake up when Cross is sitting with her?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)