|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate tell Cross about Naomi?
(a) That she never heard of a girl named Naomi.
(b) That she is afraid to share any information with him.
(c) That she broke the rules by talking to a girl named Naomi.
(d) That Naomi saved her life.
2. Who comes out and blocks Casanova's view of his latest conquest as she leaves?
(a) A police man.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) The waiter.
(d) His wife.
3. Who does Cross meet with from the university?
(a) A group of women who know those that have disappeared.
(b) Dean of Women.
(c) The head of the college police department.
4. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
(a) To be a liaison between the FBI and local authorities.
(b) To look where others are not looking.
(c) To keep an eye on him so he doesn't go off on his own.
(d) To provide a personal insight.
5. What does the Gentleman Caller killer do to the quarterback?
(a) Lets him go.
(b) Hangs him.
(c) Slashes his throat.
(d) Drowns him.
6. As Kate tries to get away from the powerful man, what information is she shocked to realize?
(a) This is the killer who has been on television.
(b) She knows the killer's name.
(c) She is being drugged.
(d) The killer knows her name.
7. What is Anna doing as Casanova watches her through the window?
(a) Reading a book alone.
(b) Making love with her fiancé.
(c) Drinking wine with her fiancé.
(d) Looking through her earlier purchases.
8. Who does Cross feel continues to shut him out of the investigation?
9. What profession does Kate think Casanova may have?
10. What does Casanova do just before he walks away from the girl?
(a) Abuses her.
(b) Gives her drugs.
(c) Has sex with her.
(d) Kisses her.
11. What particular place impresses Cross about the place where Naomi was last seen?
(d) Bright lights.
12. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
(a) Communicating without words.
(b) How did she escape.
(c) Where is Naomi.
(d) She is all right.
13. What does Cross indicate to Sampson he will not consider at all?
(a) The possibility that he will not solve the case.
(b) The possibility that Naomi is dead.
(c) The possibility that Casanova will come after him.
(d) The possibility that he will be totally shut out of the investigation.
14. What was the new twist in regard to Casanova's crimes?
(a) He took a woman who he had not researched.
(b) He left a clue behind.
(c) He used a gun not just a stun gun.
(d) He murdered the fiancé.
15. What does the Casanova killer do just before he kills his victims?
(a) Sings to them.
(b) Kisses them.
(c) Reads them poetry.
(d) Makes love to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Casanova sleep?
2. Which of the following words best describes the mask Casanova wears when he admonishes Kate?
3. In what year does this section of the novel about Dr. Cross take place?
4. What does Kate agree to do while accompanied by Detective Ruskin and Sikes?
5. What was slipped under Cross' door while he was sleeping?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)