|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Casanova unlike other mass killers?
(a) He does not believe in rules.
(b) He feels sorrow and remorse.
(c) He does not stick to one type of victim.
(d) The police cannot find him.
2. Which of the following is what Burns thinks a collector is in relation to Casanova?
(a) Someone who needs to complete many killings at one time.
(b) Someone who keeps a harem of girls nearby.
(c) Someone who takes souvenirs from his victims.
(d) Someone who keeps pictures of the women he kills.
3. What is Kate suffering from when Cross goes to see her in the hospital?
(a) Post-traumatic shock.
(b) Severe broken bones and lacerations.
4. What does Casanova tell Kate he feels?
(a) Her life slipping away.
(c) Her love.
5. What information does Cross keep from the local police and the FBI?
(a) Kate's drugged state.
(b) The information about Naomi.
(c) The amount of physical abuse Kate suffered.
(d) Cross's thoughts on who Casanova is.
6. In what year does this section of the novel about Dr. Cross take place?
7. What theory does Lieberman share with Cross about the Gentleman Caller and Casanova?
(a) She believes Casanova has killed the Gentleman Caller.
(b) She thinks they might be talking to each other.
(c) She believes the Gentleman Caller has followed Casanova.
(d) She thinks they are the same person.
8. Which of the following accurately describes Kate during the conference?
(a) Calm and confident.
(b) Shocked and traumatized.
(c) Reserved and shy.
(d) Nervous and upset.
9. By the end of Chapter 15, how many murders have been associated with Casanova in the Southeast region of the country?
10. What does Kate do to escape from Casanova?
(a) She hides in the woods.
(b) She jumps off a cliff.
(c) She screams and calls for help.
(d) She runs into a stream.
11. What happened to all of Kate's immediate family except for her sister, Carol Anne?
(a) They became drug addicts.
(b) They died from cancer.
(c) They became doctors.
(d) They abandoned her.
12. What does Casanova think Anna will help him with?
(a) Make him fall in love for real.
(b) Help him get over Kate.
(c) Contact the Gentleman Caller.
(d) Help him get the other girls to follow the rules.
13. Why did Marcus search out Dr. Cross?
(a) To set up a sting.
(b) Psychiatric help.
(c) To be a police informant.
(d) To arrest his parents.
14. What makes Casanova let out a scream?
(a) Thinking about the girl he left tied to the tree.
(b) Wondering who will be his next victim.
(c) That is how he changes back to his true self.
(d) Seeing the police down the street.
15. How does Cross think Casanova feels at stumping him and the other authorities?
(a) He is becoming frustrated that he is not getting recognition.
(b) He will step up a notch because of that.
(c) He enjoys the prospect of committing the perfect crime.
(d) He will decide to contact Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross try to talk to Kate about?
2. What profession does Kate think Casanova may have?
3. Approximately how many women does Casanova have at the house at one time?
4. What relationship did Naomi and Dean Lowell have?
5. Why does Cross believe he is a part of the investigation?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)