|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
2. How old does Katie turn when she invites Silly over for her birthday?
3. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
4. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
5. What is the name of the man who helps Sammy after he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
2. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
3. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
4. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
5. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
6. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
7. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
8. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
9. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
10. How does this book end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Katsu were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their families, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways that Lynn and Katie show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)