|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn NOT do when Fall comes?
2. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
3. What does the helpful man get for Katie while she is waiting for her parents in the hospital?
4. Where does the picnic take place?
5. Who comes to watch Katie and Sammy while Lynn is at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
2. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
3. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
4. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
5. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
6. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
7. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
8. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
9. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
10. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how does the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)