|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
2. Who builds the box for Lynn's altar?
3. What do Katie and Lynn buy for their picnic?
4. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
5. What does Lynn's mother want to keep after her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
2. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
3. Why does Katie not sleep well, and what does she do to help this?
4. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
5. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
6. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
7. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
8. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
9. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
10. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Katie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)