|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
2. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
3. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
4. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
5. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
2. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
3. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
4. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
5. How does this book end?
6. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
7. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
8. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
9. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
10. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how is the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Lynn and Katie change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)