|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
2. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
3. What color does Lynn turn while Sammy is injured?
4. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
5. What does Lynn think of Katie and Silly in their pretend band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
2. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
3. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
4. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
5. Why does Katie not sleep well, and what does she do to help this?
6. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
7. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
8. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
9. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
10. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how is the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)