|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
2. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
3. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
4. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
5. Where does the picnic take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how does the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)