|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
2. What do Katie and Lynn buy for their picnic?
3. Who is called when the power goes out at the hatchery?
4. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
5. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)