|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is spent on food for the picnic?
2. Who does Katie invite to go camping with her after Lynn gets sick?
3. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
4. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
5. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
2. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
3. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
4. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
5. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
6. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
7. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
8. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
9. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
10. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how does the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Lynn and Katie change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)