|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
2. What comes in the room on New Year's night when Katie opens the window for Lynn?
3. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
4. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
5. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
2. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
3. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
4. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
5. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
6. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
7. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
8. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
9. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
10. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Lynn and Katie change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)