|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
2. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
3. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
4. What does Katie like about the hatchery her father works at?
5. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
2. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
3. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
4. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
5. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
6. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
7. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
8. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
9. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
10. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways that Lynn and Katie show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)