|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
2. What does Lynn's mother want to keep after her death?
3. What nationality is the man who helps Sammy when he is injured?
4. Who helps Katie with her homework?
5. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
2. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
3. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
4. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
5. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
6. How does this book end?
7. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
8. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
9. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
10. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the funeral, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)