|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Lynn turn while Sammy is injured?
2. What nationality is the man who helps Sammy when he is injured?
3. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
4. What is left at the picnic site?
5. What is the name of the man who helps Sammy after he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
2. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
3. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
4. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
5. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
6. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
7. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
8. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
9. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
10. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Katie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)