|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie do some mornings to keep herself going?
2. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
3. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
4. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
5. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
2. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
3. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
4. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
5. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
6. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
7. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
8. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
9. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
10. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how is the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how does the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)