|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the man who helps Sammy when he is injured?
2. Who goes with Katie to find what is left at the picnic site?
3. What is Lynn really sick with?
4. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
5. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
2. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
3. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
4. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
5. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
6. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
7. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
8. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
9. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
10. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Silly was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)