|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lynn really sick with?
2. What does Katie do to Amber when she doesn't want to be Lynn's friend anymore?
3. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
4. Who is called when the power goes out at the hatchery?
5. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
2. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
3. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
4. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
5. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
6. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
7. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
8. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
9. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
10. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the Takeshima siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how does their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways that Lynn and Katie show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)