|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
2. What does the helpful man get for Katie while she is waiting for her parents in the hospital?
3. What does Katie dig through for relics of Lynn?
4. What does Katie's father break when he is angry?
5. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
2. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
3. How does this book end?
4. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
5. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
6. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
7. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
8. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
9. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
10. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)