|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the helpful man stay with the family at the hospital?
2. How old does Katie turn when she invites Silly over for her birthday?
3. Who takes care of Lynn during the day when her condition worsens?
4. What does Lynn's mother want to keep after her death?
5. Who goes with Katie to find what is left at the picnic site?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
2. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
3. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
4. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
5. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
6. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
7. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
8. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
9. How does this book end?
10. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)