|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
2. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
3. What does Katie do some mornings to keep herself going?
4. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
5. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
2. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
3. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
4. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
5. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
6. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
7. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
8. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
9. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
10. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how is the plot altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)