|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
2. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
3. What is Lynn really sick with?
4. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
5. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)