|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie sleep on when Lynn gets back from the hospital?
2. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
3. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
4. What is the name of the man who helps Sammy after he is injured?
5. What does Katie do to Amber when she doesn't want to be Lynn's friend anymore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Silly was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)