|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
2. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
3. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
4. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
5. Who helps Katie with her homework?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
2. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
3. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
4. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
5. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
6. How does this book end?
7. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
8. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
9. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
10. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Katie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)