|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
2. How does Katie save Lynn's life the same night Lynn saved hers?
3. What kind of animal is Katie's favorite toy?
4. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
5. How much money does Katie's father give them every day to buy treats with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
2. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
3. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
4. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
5. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her, and how does she respond?
6. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
7. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
8. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
9. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
10. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)