|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
2. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
3. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
4. What is the man in the parking lot called?
5. What does Katie ask Lynn while she is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
2. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
3. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
4. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
5. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her, and how does she respond?
6. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
7. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
8. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
9. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
10. What does Silly say that makes Katie feel guilty?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,410 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)