|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira-kira mean?
2. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
3. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
4. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
5. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katie feel so out of place on her first day of school?
2. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
3. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt, and how does Katie feel about this?
4. What does Silly do in order to spend more time with Katie?
5. What does Katie do with Sammy at night?
6. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
7. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
8. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
9. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her, and how does she respond?
10. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)