|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the plant does Mother work in at the beginning of the summer?
2. Where does Katsu practice his chess moves?
3. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
4. What does the girl in the parking lot give Sammy for the first time?
5. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
2. Why does Katie feel so out of place on her first day of school?
3. How does this book end?
4. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
5. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
6. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
7. What does Lynn write about in her journal?
8. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
9. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
10. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)