|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
2. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
3. What petty wish does Katie wish for one night?
4. What is the man in the parking lot called?
5. What do Lynn's parents do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
2. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
3. What does Silly say that makes Katie feel guilty?
4. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
5. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
6. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
7. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her, and how does she respond?
8. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
9. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
10. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)