|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
2. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
3. What does Lynn write in her journal in addition to the happenings?
4. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
5. What is wrong with the bathroom in the new apartment in Georgia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silly do in order to spend more time with Katie?
2. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
3. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
4. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt, and how does Katie feel about this?
5. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
6. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
7. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
8. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
9. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
10. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the funeral, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)