|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
2. What does Amber kill at the camp?
3. What is Katie's favorite book?
4. What does Lynn get hit in the chest with that sends her to bed?
5. What does Katie stand on to look into the plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
2. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
3. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
4. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
5. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
6. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
7. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
8. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
9. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
10. Why does Katie feel so out of place on her first day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways that Lynn and Katie show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Katie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)