|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
2. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
3. What are Katie and Lynn playing with the chess set when Katsu sees them?
4. What is Katsu's full name?
5. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
2. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
3. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
4. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
5. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
6. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
7. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
8. Why does Katie feel so out of place on her first day of school?
9. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt, and how does Katie feel about this?
10. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways that Lynn and Katie show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)