|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
2. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
3. What does Katie think is the one thing that will never change about Lynn?
4. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
5. Where does Katie's uncle live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Silly say that makes Katie feel guilty?
2. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
3. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
4. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
5. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
6. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
7. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
8. What does Silly do in order to spend more time with Katie?
9. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
10. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Cynthia Kadohata have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the Takeshima siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how does their individuality affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)