|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
2. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
3. Where does Lynn stay for the first week of summer?
4. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
5. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
2. What do Father and Uncle Katsu do the night before the big move to Georgia?
3. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
4. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
5. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
6. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt, and how does Katie feel about this?
7. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
8. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
9. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
10. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)