|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn want to save her daily allowance for?
2. What does a doctor prescribe for Lynn when she gets hit?
3. What does Lynn once try to read?
4. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
5. What is Katie's favorite book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
2. What does Silly do in order to spend more time with Katie?
3. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
4. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
5. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
6. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
7. What does Katie do with Sammy at night?
8. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
9. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
10. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the funeral, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)