|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
2. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
3. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
4. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
5. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
2. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
3. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
4. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
5. What do Father and Uncle Katsu do the night before the big move to Georgia?
6. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
7. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
8. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
9. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
10. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Lynn and Katie change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)