|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
2. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
3. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
4. What is Katsu's full name?
5. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
2. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her, and how does she respond?
3. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
4. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
5. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
6. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
7. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
8. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
9. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
10. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the funeral, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways that Lynn and Katie show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how does the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)