|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
2. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
3. What does Lynn say when Katie asks if she is a genius?
4. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
5. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her, and how does she respond?
2. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
3. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
4. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
5. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
6. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
7. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
8. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
9. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
10. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Katsu were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their families, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)