|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a doctor prescribe for Lynn when she gets hit?
2. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
3. What are Katie and Lynn playing with the chess set when Katsu sees them?
4. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
5. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
2. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
3. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
4. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
5. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
6. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
7. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
8. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
9. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
10. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot, and why?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)