Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
2. What has Lynn done when Katie has been sick in bed?
3. What does Lynn once try to read?
4. What does Lynn want more than anything in the world at the beginning of the book?
5. How old does Katie want to be when she meets her imaginary boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
2. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
3. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
4. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
5. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
6. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
7. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
8. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
9. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
10. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
There were many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Father and Katsu were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their families, and their roles in the plot?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)