|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
2. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
3. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
4. What is Brenda wearing when Katie sees her?
5. Who is the narrator of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katie feel so out of place on her first day of school?
2. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
3. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
4. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
5. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
6. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
7. What does Silly say that makes Katie feel guilty?
8. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
9. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
10. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt, and how does Katie feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the Takeshima siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how does their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the funeral, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how significant are they to the plot?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)