|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
(d) Holding each other.
2. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
3. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
(a) A leaf.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A feather.
(d) Her hand.
4. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
5. What does Katie's father break when he is angry?
(a) A tree at the picnic site.
(b) Lynn's bedroom door.
(c) The bathroom mirror.
(d) Mr. Lyndon's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
2. What does Lynn's mother want to keep after her death?
3. What does Katie do to Amber when she doesn't want to be Lynn's friend anymore?
4. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
5. Who tells Katie that Lynn has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
2. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
3. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
4. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
5. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
6. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
7. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
8. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
9. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
10. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)