|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
2. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
(a) New York.
3. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(b) Newspaper scraps.
4. Who stays with Lynn in the bigger hospital most of the time?
5. What is left at the picnic site?
(a) Lynn's journal.
(b) The bicycles.
(c) The basket.
(d) Katie's wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
2. What does Katie steal from a store for Lynn?
3. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
4. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
5. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
2. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
3. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
4. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
5. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
6. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
7. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
8. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
9. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
10. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)