|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lynn too tired to do the day after Katie's birthday?
(d) Use the restroom.
2. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
(a) A good memory.
(b) The meaning of her name.
(c) A song.
(d) The theme of her life.
3. Who helps Katie with her homework?
4. What is the name of the man who helps Sammy after he is injured?
5. Why is Katie unable to sleep very well when Lynn's condition worsens?
(a) Her head hurts too much.
(b) She is worried Lynn will die without saying goodbye.
(c) She has to help Lynn whenever she needs something.
(d) Lynn moans in her sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
2. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
3. What is left at the picnic site?
4. How many votes does the union pass by?
5. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
2. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
3. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
4. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
5. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
6. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
7. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
8. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
9. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
10. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)