|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
(a) A blown fuse.
(b) A car accident.
(c) An overheated generator.
(d) A thunderstorm.
2. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(c) Newspaper scraps.
3. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
(a) A good memory.
(b) The meaning of her name.
(c) The theme of her life.
(d) A song.
4. Who stays with Lynn in the bigger hospital most of the time?
5. What makes Katie's father laugh?
(a) Katie's mother's hair.
(b) Sammy's new songs.
(c) An old picture he finds of Lynn.
(d) Katie and Silly's dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Katie to find what is left at the picnic site?
2. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
3. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
4. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
5. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
2. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
3. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
4. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
5. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
6. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
7. How does this book end?
8. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
9. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
10. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)