|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
(a) 29 days.
(b) 59 days.
(c) 39 days.
(d) 49 days.
2. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
(a) A good memory.
(b) A song.
(c) The theme of her life.
(d) The meaning of her name.
3. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
4. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
(a) She gave love to everyone she knew.
(b) She was always concerned with living in the present.
(c) She was going places.
(d) She could take ordinary things and make them beautiful.
5. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
(a) Katie starts being nicer.
(b) The war ends.
(c) Lynn gets better.
(d) They get raises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Katie at the funeral?
2. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
3. Where does Katie put Lynn's altar?
4. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
5. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
2. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
3. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
4. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
5. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
6. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
7. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
8. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
9. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
10. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)