|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the music group that Katie and Silly pretend to be in on Katie's birthday?
(a) The Shindigs.
(b) The Shirondas.
(c) The Shimmerys.
(d) The Shiromisas.
2. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
(a) Lynn's heavy breathing.
(b) Cars driving by.
(c) Her parents talking.
(d) Sammy's moaning.
3. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(b) Newspaper scraps.
4. What does Katie's father break when he is angry?
(a) The bathroom mirror.
(b) A tree at the picnic site.
(c) Lynn's bedroom door.
(d) Mr. Lyndon's car.
5. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
(a) A feather.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie see in a trash can at the hatchery that she hides from Sammy?
2. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
3. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
4. What does Lynn NOT do when Fall comes?
5. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
2. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
3. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
4. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
5. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
6. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
7. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
8. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
9. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
10. How does this book end?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)