|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A rock.
(c) A two-by-four.
(d) His fists.
2. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
(a) They get raises.
(b) Katie starts being nicer.
(c) Lynn gets better.
(d) The war ends.
3. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
4. What does Katie sleep on when Lynn gets back from the hospital?
(a) Lynn's bed.
(b) The couch.
(c) A cot.
(d) The floor.
5. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The new house.
(b) The broccoli.
(c) Her new friends.
(d) The good water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
2. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
3. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
4. Who builds the box for Lynn's altar?
5. How old does Katie turn when she invites Silly over for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
2. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
3. How do Sammy and Lynn look as Hank drives them to the hospital?
4. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
5. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
6. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
7. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
8. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
9. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
10. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)