|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie's mother feed Lynn every day when she gets out of the hospital?
2. What does Katie sleep on when Lynn gets back from the hospital?
(a) The couch.
(b) The floor.
(c) Lynn's bed.
(d) A cot.
3. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
(b) Holding each other.
4. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Buy him a gift.
(b) Make him some food.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Write him a thank you note.
5. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The good water.
(b) The new house.
(c) Her new friends.
(d) The broccoli.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
2. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
3. What does Katie's father see that makes him angry?
4. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
5. Why is Katie unable to sleep very well when Lynn's condition worsens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
2. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
3. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
4. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
5. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
6. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
7. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
8. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
9. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
10. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)