|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
(a) Some coffee grinds.
(b) Two male chicks.
(c) A few eggs.
(d) A hat.
2. Where does Katie put Lynn's altar?
(a) The window.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) Lynn's desk.
(d) Lynn's bed.
3. What does Katie's mother feed Lynn every day when she gets out of the hospital?
4. Who tells Katie that Lynn has died?
5. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Whispering kira-kira.
(c) Talking about her future.
(d) Writing in her journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
2. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
3. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
4. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
5. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
2. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
3. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
4. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
5. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
6. Why does Katie not sleep well, and what does she do to help this?
7. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
8. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
9. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
10. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)