|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
(a) New Year's.
2. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
(a) She could take ordinary things and make them beautiful.
(b) She gave love to everyone she knew.
(c) She was going places.
(d) She was always concerned with living in the present.
3. How much money is spent on food for the picnic?
4. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Doing better in school.
(b) Choosing good friends.
(c) Cleaning up after herself.
(d) Being nice to Sammy.
5. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
(a) Lynn's heavy breathing.
(b) Cars driving by.
(c) Sammy's moaning.
(d) Her parents talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
2. What makes Katie's father laugh?
3. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
4. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
5. Who helps Katie with her homework?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
2. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
3. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
4. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
5. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
6. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
7. How does this book end?
8. Why does Katie not sleep well, and what does she do to help this?
9. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
10. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)