|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the inoculators at the hatchery do?
(a) Sterilize the eggs.
(b) Fertilize the eggs.
(c) Kill the male chicks.
(d) Give injections to the female chicks.
2. What color is the house Lynn picks out to buy?
(a) Sky blue.
(b) Lemon yellow.
(c) Barn red.
(d) Bright white.
3. What do Katie and Lynn buy for their picnic?
(a) Peanut butter and bread.
(b) Doughnuts and rootbeer.
(c) Cookies and cola.
(d) Crackers and orange soda.
4. Who is called when the power goes out at the hatchery?
(a) The power company.
(b) Katie's father.
(c) Mr. Lyndon.
(d) The sheriff.
5. What does Katie see in a trash can at the hatchery that she hides from Sammy?
(a) Broken eggs.
(b) Dead chicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
2. Who tells Katie that Lynn has died?
3. Why is Katie unable to sleep very well when Lynn's condition worsens?
4. How long does the helpful man stay with the family at the hospital?
5. What is Lynn really sick with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do after she finds out what is really wrong with Lynn?
2. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
3. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
4. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
5. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
6. How does this book end?
7. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
8. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
9. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
10. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)