|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The good water.
(b) The broccoli.
(c) Her new friends.
(d) The new house.
2. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
(a) Takes a chick home to Katie.
(b) Tries to start a union.
(c) Apologizes about the window.
(d) Lets Katie and Sammy come to work with him.
3. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Write him a thank you note.
(b) Buy him a gift.
(c) Make him some food.
(d) Pray for him.
4. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
5. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
(a) Breaks the glasses with her hands.
(b) Spills them on the floor on purpose.
(c) Spills them on her bed accidentally.
(d) Throws them at Katie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
2. What scares Katie at the funeral?
3. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
4. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
5. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
2. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
3. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
4. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
5. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
6. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
7. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
8. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
9. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
10. What is the first thing that Lynn and Amber disagree about?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)