|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the picnic take place?
(a) Mr. Lyndon's property.
(b) A park.
(c) A grassy meadow.
(d) A school.
2. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Cleaning up after herself.
(b) Doing better in school.
(c) Being nice to Sammy.
(d) Choosing good friends.
3. What game does Katie play while Lynn is in the hospital?
4. How many votes does the union pass by?
5. Who comes to watch Katie and Sammy while Lynn is at the hospital?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Mortori.
(b) Fumi and Katsu.
(c) Mrs. Kilgore.
(d) Mrs. Kanagawa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
2. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
3. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
4. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
5. What does Katie see in a trash can at the hatchery that she hides from Sammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
2. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
3. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
4. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
5. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
6. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
7. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
8. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
9. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
10. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)