|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
(a) Guilty about enjoying herself without Lynn.
(b) Frustrated and confused.
(c) More scared than ever before.
(d) Happier than she has been in a long time.
2. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
(c) New York.
3. What is the name of the music group that Katie and Silly pretend to be in on Katie's birthday?
(a) The Shimmerys.
(b) The Shiromisas.
(c) The Shindigs.
(d) The Shirondas.
4. What scares Katie at the funeral?
(a) Seeing her father cry.
(b) Thinking about ghosts.
(c) Giving the eulogy.
(d) Watching her mother faint.
5. What does Lynn think of Katie and Silly in their pretend band?
(a) They are incredibly annoying.
(b) They are cuter than words.
(c) They are making her jealous.
(d) They are giving her a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katie put Lynn's altar?
2. What color is the house Lynn picks out to buy?
3. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
4. Who takes care of Sammy during the day when Lynn's condition worsens?
5. What is Lynn too tired to do the day after Katie's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the funeral that makes Katie fearful?
2. What does Katie do on her eleventh birthday?
3. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
4. What does Katie see when she goes into Lynn's room just after she dies?
5. What does Katie do before they take Lynn's body away?
6. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
7. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
8. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
9. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
10. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)