|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
(a) They are tagged.
(b) They are separated from the females.
(c) They are neutered.
(d) They are killed.
2. How many children does Katie hope to have?
3. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
(b) It is cooler in that room.
(c) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
(d) They will be out of Father's way there.
4. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
5. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is annoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Katie want to be when she meets her imaginary boyfriend?
2. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
3. How does Katie feel about school?
4. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
5. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
2. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
3. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
4. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
5. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
6. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
7. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
8. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
9. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
10. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)