|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Uncle Katsu.
(b) Aunt Fumi.
(c) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(d) Amber's mother.
2. How long does Mother have to stay in bed when she is young and sick?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
3. What is Katsu's full name?
4. What is Brenda wearing when Katie sees her?
(a) A white dress.
(c) A black robe.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
5. What does Katie think is the one thing that will never change about Lynn?
(a) Her kindness to animals.
(b) Her humility.
(c) Her genius.
(d) Her love of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Katie's father give them every day to buy treats with?
2. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
3. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
4. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
5. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
2. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
3. What do Father and Uncle Katsu do the night before the big move to Georgia?
4. What does Katie do for her mother just after Lynn dies?
5. How much money are Katie and Lynn able to save for their house, and what does their mother do when they show her?
6. Why does Katie not sleep well, and what does she do to help this?
7. What happens when Uncle Katsu gets the truck stuck on a cliff?
8. What does Katie steal from the hatchery, and what does she do with what she steals?
9. How does Katie find out what is really wrong with Lynn?
10. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)