|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the plant does Mother work in at the beginning of the summer?
(a) The dirty section.
(b) The hot section.
(c) The cold section.
(d) The clean section.
2. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
(b) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
(c) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(d) They take a train.
3. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
(a) Put in air conditioning.
(b) Give them bathroom breaks.
(c) Let them have a union.
(d) Play music for them.
4. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A car.
(c) Her knowledge.
5. Where does Katsu practice his chess moves?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) The bed.
(c) The cab of the truck.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
2. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
3. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
4. What is the name of the girl who talks to Katie in the parking lot?
5. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
2. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
3. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
4. What does Katie do with Sammy at night?
5. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
6. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt, and how does Katie feel about this?
7. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
8. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
9. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
10. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)