|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the kids in the apartment complex?
2. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Baton Rouge.
3. What petty wish does Katie wish for one night?
(a) A pet cat.
(b) 16 crayons.
(c) A new dress.
(d) White skin.
4. What are Katie and Lynn playing with the chess set when Katsu sees them?
5. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(b) Ms. Kinoshawa.
(c) Mrs. Krakohatsu.
(d) Ms. Karnworhata.
Short Answer Questions
1. What volume of the Encyclopedia Brittanica does Lynn own?
2. What is next to Brenda when Katie sees her?
3. What is wrong with the bathroom in the new apartment in Georgia?
4. What does Lynn get hit in the chest with that sends her to bed?
5. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
2. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
3. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
4. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
5. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday, and why?
6. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
7. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
8. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
9. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
10. What does Hank do when they get to the hospital?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)