|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
(a) Let them have a union.
(b) Put in air conditioning.
(c) Play music for them.
(d) Give them bathroom breaks.
2. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
(a) She hits her brother when he is naughty.
(b) She complains about sleeping on the floor.
(c) She does not clean the ring in the bath tub after her bath.
(d) She yells at Lynn for ruining her life.
3. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) They will be out of Father's way there.
(b) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
(c) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
(d) It is cooler in that room.
4. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Building a sand castle.
(b) Swimming in the ocean.
(c) Singing for a crowd.
(d) Soaring in the sky.
5. How many chess matches does Katsu lose to Lynn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
2. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
3. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
4. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
5. How long does Mother have to stay in bed when she is young and sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
2. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
3. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
4. What does Lynn write about in her journal?
5. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
6. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
7. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
8. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
9. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
10. What does Silly say that makes Katie feel guilty?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)