|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
2. What do Father and Katsu do on the first day Katsu is there?
(a) Pack boxes.
(b) Talk about old times.
(c) Look for hired help.
(d) Tune up the old truck.
3. Who is the narrator of this book?
4. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
(b) They will be out of Father's way there.
(c) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
(d) It is cooler in that room.
5. What does Lynn do to save Katie when she is 5-years-old?
(a) Calls for her father.
(b) Hits the cougar with a stick.
(c) Pulls the dog's tail.
(d) Tells Katie to play dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katsu teach Amber to do?
2. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
3. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
4. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
5. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
2. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
3. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
4. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
5. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
6. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
7. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
8. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
9. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
10. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)