|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(a) Walks away in a rage.
(b) Writes it down in his journal.
(c) Spits on a tree.
2. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
3. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
4. What is Brenda wearing when Katie sees her?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) A black robe.
(d) A white dress.
5. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) Auntie Fuma.
(b) Two boys.
(c) Mother and Father.
(d) Cousin David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
2. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
3. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
4. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
2. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
3. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
4. What does Silly say that makes Katie feel guilty?
5. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
6. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
7. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
8. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
9. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
10. What does Silly do in order to spend more time with Katie?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)