|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
2. What does Mother find when she returns home from work with Katie and Sammy?
(a) They are out of milk.
(b) Father was hurt at work.
(c) Lynn is sick in bed.
(d) Their lights were turned off.
3. What do Lynn's parents do for a living?
(a) Own a grocery store.
(b) Work in a plant.
(c) Farm a sugar beat field.
(d) Run a restaurant.
4. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Aunt Fumi.
(b) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(c) Uncle Katsu.
(d) Amber's mother.
5. What is an antebellum home?
(a) A home for refugees.
(b) A home of important dignitaries.
(c) A home owned through inheritance.
(d) A home built during the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
2. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
3. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
4. Who is the narrator of this book?
5. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do with Sammy at night?
2. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
3. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
4. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
5. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
6. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
7. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
8. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
9. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
10. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)