|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Stretch her muscles.
(d) Take a sponge bath.
2. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
3. What does Kira-kira mean?
4. Who is the leader of the kids in the apartment complex?
5. What does Amber kill at the camp?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
2. Who is the narrator of this book?
3. Who owns the place where Mother works?
4. What is the name of Katie's favorite toy?
5. What does Lynn once try to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
2. Why does Katie feel so out of place on her first day of school?
3. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
4. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
5. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
6. What do Father and Uncle Katsu do the night before the big move to Georgia?
7. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
8. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
9. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
10. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)