|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn want to save her daily allowance for?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A cat.
(c) A two-wheeled bike.
(d) A new house.
2. What does Sammy do at the Muramoto's house?
(a) Play with blocks.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Learn to read.
3. What does Katie stand on to look into the plant?
(a) A crate.
(b) A stack of bricks.
(c) A car hood.
(d) A garbage can.
4. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
(a) Ms. Kinoshawa.
(b) Mrs. Krakohatsu.
(c) Ms. Karnworhata.
(d) Mrs. Kanagawa.
5. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
(b) Playing hide and seek.
(c) French kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
2. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
3. How many children does Katie hope to have?
4. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
5. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
2. What does Lynn hope to do to make money when she is older?
3. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
4. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
5. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
6. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
7. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
8. What happens to Lynn when Katie is 10-and-a-half-years old?
9. What is Katie's mother worried about when they prepare to move to Georgia, and what is Katie's father's response to this?
10. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)