|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Father and Katsu do on the first day Katsu is there?
(a) Tune up the old truck.
(b) Pack boxes.
(c) Look for hired help.
(d) Talk about old times.
2. How many children does Katie hope to have?
3. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A whiskey flask.
(c) A chess set.
(d) A trumpet.
4. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) The names of the two boys.
(c) Where Bera-Bera is.
(d) That she does not feel well.
5. What does Mother find when she returns home from work with Katie and Sammy?
(a) Father was hurt at work.
(b) They are out of milk.
(c) Lynn is sick in bed.
(d) Their lights were turned off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
2. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
3. What does Katie stand on to look into the plant?
4. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
5. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a dog attacks Katie and Lynn when they are young?
2. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
3. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
4. What does kira-kira mean, and why is it so important to Katie?
5. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
6. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
7. What do the girls misplace during the moving process?
8. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
9. What does Katsu do in Nashville, and why?
10. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)