|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katsu teach Amber to do?
(a) Build a fire.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(c) Shoot a bow and arrow.
(d) Use a rock sling.
2. What has Lynn done when Katie has been sick in bed?
(a) Play puppet shows for her.
(b) Make her cards to brighten her room.
(c) Sneak in to be with her.
(d) Save all her treats to share when she was better.
3. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
4. What kind of animal is Katie's favorite toy?
(a) A mix of all of these.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
5. What does Kira-kira mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the kids in the apartment complex?
2. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
3. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
4. What is an antebellum home?
5. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie's mother tell her she must do when they get home from the hospital?
2. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
3. What does Katie realize that means, to her, she is now a big girl?
4. What do Katie and Lynn do while waiting in the car in St. Louis?
5. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
6. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
7. What is Father's job at the hatchery?
8. What happens when Uncle Katsu challenges Lynn to a game of chess?
9. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
10. What does Katsu talk about while Lynn is off with Amber and some boys?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)