|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who talks to Katie in the parking lot?
2. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
(a) Her journal.
(b) A book.
(c) Her stuffed horse.
(d) A sweater.
3. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
(a) Amanda's hair.
(b) A dead tree.
(c) Lynn's clothes.
(d) A sleeping bag.
4. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
(b) It is cooler in that room.
(c) They will be out of Father's way there.
(d) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
5. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an antebellum home?
2. Where does Lynn stay for the first week of summer?
3. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Lynn's best friend want to be when she grows up?
5. Who owns the place where Mother works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lynn dream about while she is sick?
2. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
3. Where does Lynn say she wants to live when she gets older?
4. How do the nurses act when Mother has another baby?
5. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
6. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
7. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
8. What does Katie hear the night after the picnic?
9. What happens when Katsu teaches Amber to shoot a bow and arrow?
10. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)