|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn get hit in the chest with that sends her to bed?
(a) A brick.
(b) A book.
(c) A ball.
(d) A bat.
2. What is Brenda wearing when Katie sees her?
(b) A white dress.
(c) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A black robe.
3. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
(b) They take a train.
(c) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
(d) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
4. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A cougar.
5. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
(d) Squirrel stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
2. How much money does Katie's father give them every day to buy treats with?
3. What is the man in the parking lot called?
4. What part of the plant does Mother work in at the beginning of the summer?
5. Who is the narrator of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katie and Sammy do at the hatchery?
2. What color is the house Lynn picks out, and why does she choose this house?
3. What does Katie do when she hears that Amber is not friends with Lynn anymore?
4. What does Aunt Fumi say when Katie asks why Katsu is not a land surveyor anymore?
5. How does Sammy get hurt while on the picnic?
6. What happens when Katie's mother calls from the hospital while Fumi and Katsu are watching Katie and Sammy?
7. What happens when Katie goes hunting with Uncle Katsu?
8. What does Katie write in her essay about Lynn?
9. What does Katie realize while she washes dishes after Lynn's body is taken away?
10. What gets Katie's father fired, and what does he say to Katie about it?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)