|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
2. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
(a) Lynn's puppy dog.
(b) A hungry mind.
(c) A lost soul.
(d) Lynn's toy.
3. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
(a) Stretch her muscles.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Take a sponge bath.
4. What does Lynn's best friend want to be when she grows up?
(a) An actress.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A model.
5. What volume of the Encyclopedia Brittanica does Lynn own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Katie's favorite toy?
2. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
3. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
4. What do Father and Katsu do on the first day Katsu is there?
5. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Katie's dream romance when she is at camp?
2. What does Katie do with Sammy at night?
3. What does Lynn write about in her journal?
4. What kind of discrimination is found in the plant where Mother works?
5. What happens when Mother comes home from work with Katie and Sammy?
6. What does the woman at the hotel say when Father tries to rent a room?
7. What does Katie say she would change about the plant if she owned it, and why?
8. How does the swamp near the plant that Mother works at get its name?
9. What does Uncle Katsu do to get the girls to stop crying during the drive?
10. What is the job of the man that Katie sees in the parking lot of her mother's plant?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)