|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the helpful man stay with the family at the hospital?
(a) Until they get an update on Sammy's condition.
(b) Until the parents arrive.
(c) Until Katie stops crying.
(d) Until they are able to go home.
2. What does Lynn NOT do when Fall comes?
(a) Eat with the family.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Write in her journal.
(d) Speak to anyone.
3. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
(a) A good memory.
(b) The meaning of her name.
(c) A song.
(d) The theme of her life.
4. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Choosing good friends.
(b) Being nice to Sammy.
(c) Doing better in school.
(d) Cleaning up after herself.
5. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
6. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Buy him a gift.
(b) Write him a thank you note.
(c) Pray for him.
(d) Make him some food.
7. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
8. What nationality is the man who helps Sammy when he is injured?
9. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
(a) Frustrated and confused.
(b) More scared than ever before.
(c) Happier than she has been in a long time.
(d) Guilty about enjoying herself without Lynn.
10. What does Katie do to Amber when she doesn't want to be Lynn's friend anymore?
(a) Calls her parents.
(b) Spreads a rumor about her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Pushes her.
11. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
12. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
(a) New Year's.
13. Who takes care of Sammy during the day when Lynn's condition worsens?
(c) Mrs. Kanagawa.
14. Why is Katie unable to sleep very well when Lynn's condition worsens?
(a) Lynn moans in her sleep.
(b) Her head hurts too much.
(c) She is worried Lynn will die without saying goodbye.
(d) She has to help Lynn whenever she needs something.
15. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
(a) He cut it.
(b) He fell off his bed.
(c) He is still hurt from the animal trap.
(d) He wants attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
2. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
3. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
4. What comes in the room on New Year's night when Katie opens the window for Lynn?
5. Who builds the box for Lynn's altar?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)