|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
(a) He fell off his bed.
(b) He cut it.
(c) He wants attention.
(d) He is still hurt from the animal trap.
2. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
3. What is Lynn really sick with?
(b) Lyme disease.
4. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
(d) New York.
5. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
6. Who takes care of Sammy during the day when Lynn's condition worsens?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa.
7. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
8. What does the helpful man get for Katie while she is waiting for her parents in the hospital?
(c) A bear.
9. What does Katie see in a trash can at the hatchery that she hides from Sammy?
(b) Broken eggs.
(c) Dead chicks.
10. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
(a) Jimmy and Johnny.
(b) Rex and Ross.
(c) Alex and Andrew.
(d) David and Daniel.
11. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
(a) Lynn gets better.
(b) Katie starts being nicer.
(c) They get raises.
(d) The war ends.
12. Who does Katie invite to go camping with her after Lynn gets sick?
13. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Buy him a gift.
(c) Make him some food.
(d) Write him a thank you note.
14. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
(a) Takes the used tissues out of their garbage.
(b) Finds all the empty tin cans to recycle.
(c) Fills some water jugs to take home.
(d) Begs Katie to come to her house some day.
15. How old does Katie turn when she invites Silly over for her birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
2. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
3. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
4. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
5. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)