|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the picnic take place?
(a) Mr. Lyndon's property.
(b) A school.
(c) A grassy meadow.
(d) A park.
2. Who goes with Katie to find what is left at the picnic site?
(a) Katie's father.
(b) Katie's mother.
3. What is Lynn really sick with?
(d) Lyme disease.
4. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Being nice to Sammy.
(b) Cleaning up after herself.
(c) Choosing good friends.
(d) Doing better in school.
5. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
(a) They are giving her a headache.
(b) They are cuter than words.
(c) They are making her jealous.
(d) They are incredibly annoying.
6. Who gives the eulogy for Lynn?
7. What makes Katie's father laugh?
(a) Sammy's new songs.
(b) Katie and Silly's dance.
(c) An old picture he finds of Lynn.
(d) Katie's mother's hair.
8. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The new house.
(b) Her new friends.
(c) The broccoli.
(d) The good water.
9. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
(a) 39 days.
(b) 29 days.
(c) 59 days.
(d) 49 days.
10. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) His fists.
(c) A two-by-four.
(d) A rock.
11. What month is Lynn put into the bigger hospital?
12. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
(a) Some coffee grinds.
(b) A hat.
(c) A few eggs.
(d) Two male chicks.
13. What scares Katie at the funeral?
(a) Thinking about ghosts.
(b) Seeing her father cry.
(c) Watching her mother faint.
(d) Giving the eulogy.
14. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
(d) Holding each other.
15. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
(a) He wants attention.
(b) He is still hurt from the animal trap.
(c) He cut it.
(d) He fell off his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Katie and Lynn buy for their picnic?
2. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
3. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
4. What does Katie steal from a store for Lynn?
5. Who helps Katie with her homework?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)