|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is left at the picnic site?
(a) The basket.
(b) The bicycles.
(c) Lynn's journal.
(d) Katie's wallet.
2. Who is called when the power goes out at the hatchery?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The power company.
(c) Mr. Lyndon.
(d) Katie's father.
3. Who comes to watch Katie and Sammy while Lynn is at the hospital?
(a) Fumi and Katsu.
(b) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(c) Mrs. Kilgore.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Mortori.
4. What is the name of the music group that Katie and Silly pretend to be in on Katie's birthday?
(a) The Shindigs.
(b) The Shiromisas.
(c) The Shimmerys.
(d) The Shirondas.
5. Where does the picnic take place?
(a) Mr. Lyndon's property.
(b) A school.
(c) A grassy meadow.
(d) A park.
6. What does Katie put around Lynn's neck?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A shoelace.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A necklace.
7. What does Katie dig through for relics of Lynn?
(a) The car.
(b) The trash can.
(c) The garage.
(d) The yard.
8. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Doing better in school.
(b) Choosing good friends.
(c) Being nice to Sammy.
(d) Cleaning up after herself.
9. What does Lynn think of Katie and Silly in their pretend band?
(a) They are giving her a headache.
(b) They are cuter than words.
(c) They are making her jealous.
(d) They are incredibly annoying.
10. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
(a) A leaf.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A feather.
11. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
(a) A blown fuse.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) An overheated generator.
(d) A car accident.
12. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
(a) They are making her jealous.
(b) They are incredibly annoying.
(c) They are cuter than words.
(d) They are giving her a headache.
13. How much money is spent on food for the picnic?
14. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Buy him a gift.
(b) Write him a thank you note.
(c) Make him some food.
(d) Pray for him.
15. What does Lynn NOT do when Fall comes?
(a) Eat with the family.
(b) Speak to anyone.
(c) Write in her journal.
(d) Go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
2. What does Katie's mother feed Lynn every day when she gets out of the hospital?
3. What game does Katie play while Lynn is in the hospital?
4. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
5. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)