|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
(a) They are giving her a headache.
(b) They are incredibly annoying.
(c) They are making her jealous.
(d) They are cuter than words.
2. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The new house.
(b) Her new friends.
(c) The good water.
(d) The broccoli.
3. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
4. How long do Buddhists say it takes for the spirit to leave the earth after the body dies?
(a) 49 days.
(b) 39 days.
(c) 59 days.
(d) 29 days.
5. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Slaps Lynn.
(c) Goes to her knees sobbing.
(d) Yells and tells Lynn that she hates her.
6. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
7. What scares Katie at the funeral?
(a) Giving the eulogy.
(b) Thinking about ghosts.
(c) Watching her mother faint.
(d) Seeing her father cry.
8. What are Katie's parents doing when she goes into Lynn's room just after her death?
(a) Holding each other.
9. What comes in the room on New Year's night when Katie opens the window for Lynn?
(a) A moth.
(b) A fly.
(c) A bird.
(d) A leaf.
10. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
(a) He wants attention.
(b) He is still hurt from the animal trap.
(c) He fell off his bed.
(d) He cut it.
11. What does Sammy injure while on the picnic?
(a) His arm.
(b) His back.
(c) His hand.
(d) His foot.
12. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(c) Newspaper scraps.
13. Who stays with Lynn in the bigger hospital most of the time?
14. What does Katie's father break when he is angry?
(a) The bathroom mirror.
(b) Mr. Lyndon's car.
(c) A tree at the picnic site.
(d) Lynn's bedroom door.
15. What do the inoculators at the hatchery do?
(a) Fertilize the eggs.
(b) Give injections to the female chicks.
(c) Sterilize the eggs.
(d) Kill the male chicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Sammy during the day when Lynn's condition worsens?
2. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
3. What does Katie do some mornings to keep herself going?
4. Who goes with Katie to find what is left at the picnic site?
5. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)