|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Lynn turn while Sammy is injured?
2. Why is Katie unable to sleep very well when Lynn's condition worsens?
(a) She is worried Lynn will die without saying goodbye.
(b) Lynn moans in her sleep.
(c) She has to help Lynn whenever she needs something.
(d) Her head hurts too much.
3. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
(a) How angry they are about the accident.
(b) About how much money they owe the hospital.
(c) What they need to do for their children.
(d) How kind Hank was to them.
4. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The broccoli.
(b) Her new friends.
(c) The new house.
(d) The good water.
5. What does Katie put around Lynn's neck?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A shoelace.
6. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
(a) Takes a chick home to Katie.
(b) Apologizes about the window.
(c) Lets Katie and Sammy come to work with him.
(d) Tries to start a union.
7. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
8. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
(a) David and Daniel.
(b) Rex and Ross.
(c) Jimmy and Johnny.
(d) Alex and Andrew.
9. What do the inoculators at the hatchery do?
(a) Kill the male chicks.
(b) Sterilize the eggs.
(c) Give injections to the female chicks.
(d) Fertilize the eggs.
10. How old does Katie turn when she invites Silly over for her birthday?
11. What is left at the picnic site?
(a) Lynn's journal.
(b) Katie's wallet.
(c) The basket.
(d) The bicycles.
12. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
(a) He fell off his bed.
(b) He wants attention.
(c) He is still hurt from the animal trap.
(d) He cut it.
13. What does Katie see in a trash can at the hatchery that she hides from Sammy?
(a) Broken eggs.
(c) Dead chicks.
14. What makes Katie's father laugh?
(a) Katie and Silly's dance.
(b) Katie's mother's hair.
(c) Sammy's new songs.
(d) An old picture he finds of Lynn.
15. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
2. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
3. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
4. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
5. What does Lynn NOT do when Fall comes?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)