|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
2. How many votes does the union pass by?
3. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
(a) Finds all the empty tin cans to recycle.
(b) Begs Katie to come to her house some day.
(c) Takes the used tissues out of their garbage.
(d) Fills some water jugs to take home.
4. What game does Katie play while Lynn is in the hospital?
5. What does Sammy injure while on the picnic?
(a) His back.
(b) His arm.
(c) His foot.
(d) His hand.
6. Who takes care of Sammy during the day when Lynn's condition worsens?
(b) Mrs. Kanagawa.
7. What does Katie steal from a store for Lynn?
(a) Pink nail polish.
(b) A pink ribbon.
(c) A pink headband.
(d) Pink lipstick.
8. What do Katie and Lynn buy for their picnic?
(a) Doughnuts and rootbeer.
(b) Crackers and orange soda.
(c) Cookies and cola.
(d) Peanut butter and bread.
9. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A feather.
(c) A leaf.
(d) Her hand.
10. How much money is spent on food for the picnic?
11. Where does Katie put Lynn's altar?
(a) Lynn's desk.
(b) The window.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) Lynn's bed.
12. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
(a) A blown fuse.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) An overheated generator.
(d) A car accident.
13. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
14. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A rock.
(c) A two-by-four.
(d) His fists.
15. What comes in the room on New Year's night when Katie opens the window for Lynn?
(a) A fly.
(b) A bird.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A moth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's father break when he is angry?
2. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
3. Where does the picnic take place?
4. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
5. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)