|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
(a) Some coffee grinds.
(b) A hat.
(c) A few eggs.
(d) Two male chicks.
2. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
3. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
(a) She could take ordinary things and make them beautiful.
(b) She was going places.
(c) She was always concerned with living in the present.
(d) She gave love to everyone she knew.
4. What does the helpful man get for Katie while she is waiting for her parents in the hospital?
(a) A bear.
5. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
(d) New Year's.
6. What does Sammy injure while on the picnic?
(a) His arm.
(b) His back.
(c) His hand.
(d) His foot.
7. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
(a) Takes a chick home to Katie.
(b) Apologizes about the window.
(c) Tries to start a union.
(d) Lets Katie and Sammy come to work with him.
8. What game does Katie play while Lynn is in the hospital?
9. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
(a) Happier than she has been in a long time.
(b) More scared than ever before.
(c) Guilty about enjoying herself without Lynn.
(d) Frustrated and confused.
10. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
(a) Finds all the empty tin cans to recycle.
(b) Fills some water jugs to take home.
(c) Takes the used tissues out of their garbage.
(d) Begs Katie to come to her house some day.
11. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
(a) They are giving her a headache.
(b) They are cuter than words.
(c) They are making her jealous.
(d) They are incredibly annoying.
12. Who stays with Lynn in the bigger hospital most of the time?
13. What does Lynn's mother want to keep after her death?
(a) Everything in Lynn's room.
(c) Everything that made Lynn smile.
(d) Everything Lynn touched.
14. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Talking about her future.
(c) Whispering kira-kira.
(d) Writing in her journal.
15. Who does Katie invite to go camping with her after Lynn gets sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the inoculators at the hatchery do?
2. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
3. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
4. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
5. What does Lynn think of Katie and Silly in their pretend band?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)