|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie do to Amber when she doesn't want to be Lynn's friend anymore?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Spreads a rumor about her.
(c) Calls her parents.
(d) Pushes her.
2. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
(a) Takes a chick home to Katie.
(b) Tries to start a union.
(c) Apologizes about the window.
(d) Lets Katie and Sammy come to work with him.
3. What do Katie and Sammy do for the workers at the hatchery?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Pour coffee.
(c) Read to them.
(d) Take out the trash.
4. How much money is spent on food for the picnic?
5. What does Katie like about the hatchery her father works at?
(a) The baby chicks.
(b) The conversation.
(c) The freedom.
(d) The food.
6. What does Katie's mother feed Lynn every day when she gets out of the hospital?
7. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
(a) Some coffee grinds.
(b) A few eggs.
(c) A hat.
(d) Two male chicks.
8. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
(a) How kind Hank was to them.
(b) What they need to do for their children.
(c) About how much money they owe the hospital.
(d) How angry they are about the accident.
9. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
(a) In the alcove.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In their rooms.
10. What is left at the picnic site?
(a) Lynn's journal.
(b) Katie's wallet.
(c) The basket.
(d) The bicycles.
11. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
12. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
(a) They are cuter than words.
(b) They are making her jealous.
(c) They are giving her a headache.
(d) They are incredibly annoying.
13. What is Lynn really sick with?
(b) Lyme disease.
14. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
(a) Clips a lock of her hair.
(b) Washes her.
(c) Dresses her.
(d) Cuts her fingernails.
15. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
2. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
3. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
4. What makes Katie's father laugh?
5. Who takes care of Lynn during the day when her condition worsens?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)