|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the inoculators at the hatchery do?
(a) Give injections to the female chicks.
(b) Fertilize the eggs.
(c) Kill the male chicks.
(d) Sterilize the eggs.
2. What does Katie's father see that makes him angry?
(a) Lynn's prescriptions.
(b) Lynn's coffin.
(c) Katie's tear-stained cheeks.
(d) Sammy limping.
3. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
4. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
(a) Rex and Ross.
(b) David and Daniel.
(c) Jimmy and Johnny.
(d) Alex and Andrew.
5. Where does the picnic take place?
(a) A school.
(b) A grassy meadow.
(c) A park.
(d) Mr. Lyndon's property.
6. What does Katie put around Lynn's neck?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A shoelace.
(d) A lock of her hair.
7. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
(a) Happier than she has been in a long time.
(b) Frustrated and confused.
(c) Guilty about enjoying herself without Lynn.
(d) More scared than ever before.
8. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) His fists.
(c) A two-by-four.
(d) A rock.
9. What does Katie do to Lynn for her mother after Lynn is dead?
(a) Clips a lock of her hair.
(b) Washes her.
(c) Cuts her fingernails.
(d) Dresses her.
10. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the alcove.
(d) In their rooms.
11. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
(a) The war ends.
(b) They get raises.
(c) Katie starts being nicer.
(d) Lynn gets better.
12. What makes Katie's father laugh?
(a) An old picture he finds of Lynn.
(b) Sammy's new songs.
(c) Katie's mother's hair.
(d) Katie and Silly's dance.
13. What color does Lynn turn while Sammy is injured?
14. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
(a) Sammy's moaning.
(b) Cars driving by.
(c) Lynn's heavy breathing.
(d) Her parents talking.
15. What is Lynn too tired to do the day after Katie's birthday?
(a) Use the restroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie like about the hatchery her father works at?
2. What does Katie's father break when he is angry?
3. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
4. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
5. Who takes care of Lynn during the day when her condition worsens?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)