|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Choosing good friends.
(b) Cleaning up after herself.
(c) Being nice to Sammy.
(d) Doing better in school.
2. What does Lynn NOT do when Fall comes?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Eat with the family.
(c) Write in her journal.
(d) Speak to anyone.
3. Who is called when the power goes out at the hatchery?
(a) Katie's father.
(b) The power company.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Mr. Lyndon.
4. Who stays with Lynn in the bigger hospital most of the time?
5. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
6. What do Katie and Sammy do for the workers at the hatchery?
(a) Read to them.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Pour coffee.
(d) Take out the trash.
7. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(d) Newspaper scraps.
8. When does Katie go camping with Katsu after Lynn gets sick?
(d) New Year's.
9. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
(a) What they need to do for their children.
(b) How kind Hank was to them.
(c) How angry they are about the accident.
(d) About how much money they owe the hospital.
10. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
(d) New York.
11. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A rock.
(c) His fists.
(d) A two-by-four.
12. What does Katie sleep on when Lynn gets back from the hospital?
(a) A cot.
(b) Lynn's bed.
(c) The floor.
(d) The couch.
13. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
(a) Katie starts being nicer.
(b) The war ends.
(c) They get raises.
(d) Lynn gets better.
14. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
(a) Writing in her journal.
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Talking about her future.
(d) Whispering kira-kira.
15. What do the inoculators at the hatchery do?
(a) Fertilize the eggs.
(b) Kill the male chicks.
(c) Give injections to the female chicks.
(d) Sterilize the eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
2. How many votes does the union pass by?
3. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
4. Who goes with Katie to find what is left at the picnic site?
5. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)