|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie sleep on when Lynn gets back from the hospital?
(a) The floor.
(b) A cot.
(c) Lynn's bed.
(d) The couch.
2. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
3. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
(a) The new house.
(b) The good water.
(c) Her new friends.
(d) The broccoli.
4. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
(a) Frustrated and confused.
(b) More scared than ever before.
(c) Guilty about enjoying herself without Lynn.
(d) Happier than she has been in a long time.
5. What does Katie's mother feed Lynn every day when she gets out of the hospital?
6. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
(a) Spills them on the floor on purpose.
(b) Throws them at Katie.
(c) Spills them on her bed accidentally.
(d) Breaks the glasses with her hands.
7. What does Katie put around Lynn's neck?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A piece of lace.
(d) A shoelace.
8. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
9. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Talking about her future.
(c) Whispering kira-kira.
(d) Writing in her journal.
10. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(d) Newspaper scraps.
11. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
(a) The war ends.
(b) They get raises.
(c) Lynn gets better.
(d) Katie starts being nicer.
12. What does Katie do some mornings to keep herself going?
(a) Reads from the bible.
(b) Makes coffee.
(c) Reads Lynn's journal.
(d) Eats candy.
13. What game does Katie play while Lynn is in the hospital?
14. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
(a) David and Daniel.
(b) Alex and Andrew.
(c) Rex and Ross.
(d) Jimmy and Johnny.
15. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
(a) Takes the used tissues out of their garbage.
(b) Begs Katie to come to her house some day.
(c) Finds all the empty tin cans to recycle.
(d) Fills some water jugs to take home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the picnic take place?
2. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
3. Who takes care of Lynn during the day when her condition worsens?
4. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
5. How long does the helpful man stay with the family at the hospital?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)