|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sammy limping when Lynn dies?
(a) He is still hurt from the animal trap.
(b) He cut it.
(c) He wants attention.
(d) He fell off his bed.
2. What does Katie do after Lynn's body is taken away?
3. What comes in the room on New Year's night when Katie opens the window for Lynn?
(a) A fly.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A bird.
(d) A moth.
4. What scares Katie at the funeral?
(a) Giving the eulogy.
(b) Seeing her father cry.
(c) Thinking about ghosts.
(d) Watching her mother faint.
5. What do Katie and Sammy do for the workers at the hatchery?
(a) Read to them.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Pour coffee.
(d) Take out the trash.
6. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
(a) Cars driving by.
(b) Her parents talking.
(c) Sammy's moaning.
(d) Lynn's heavy breathing.
7. What does Katie do some mornings to keep herself going?
(a) Reads from the bible.
(b) Makes coffee.
(c) Eats candy.
(d) Reads Lynn's journal.
8. What color does Sammy turn while he is injured?
9. What does Katie's father use to break something when he is angry?
(a) A rock.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A two-by-four.
(d) His fists.
10. Who comes to watch Katie and Sammy while Lynn is at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Kilgore.
(b) Fumi and Katsu.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Mortori.
(d) Mrs. Kanagawa.
11. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
(a) They are making her jealous.
(b) They are giving her a headache.
(c) They are incredibly annoying.
(d) They are cuter than words.
12. Where does Katie put Lynn's altar?
(a) The kitchen table.
(b) Lynn's desk.
(c) The window.
(d) Lynn's bed.
13. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Buy him a gift.
(c) Make him some food.
(d) Write him a thank you note.
14. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
(a) An overheated generator.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A blown fuse.
(d) A thunderstorm.
15. What is left at the picnic site?
(a) The basket.
(b) Katie's wallet.
(c) Lynn's journal.
(d) The bicycles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
2. Why is Katie unable to sleep very well when Lynn's condition worsens?
3. Who takes care of Sammy during the day when Lynn's condition worsens?
4. What happens that makes Lynn's parents relax a little?
5. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)