|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn's mother use to check for breath in Lynn?
(a) A feather.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A mirror.
(d) Her hand.
2. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
(a) Alex and Andrew.
(b) Jimmy and Johnny.
(c) Rex and Ross.
(d) David and Daniel.
3. What nationality is the man who helps Sammy when he is injured?
4. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
(a) The meaning of her name.
(b) A song.
(c) A good memory.
(d) The theme of her life.
5. Who tells Katie that Lynn has died?
6. What does Katie's father do that gets him fired?
(a) Takes a chick home to Katie.
(b) Tries to start a union.
(c) Apologizes about the window.
(d) Lets Katie and Sammy come to work with him.
7. What do Katie and Sammy do for the workers at the hatchery?
(a) Take out the trash.
(b) Read to them.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Pour coffee.
8. Where will they put Katie and Lynn's desks in the new house?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the alcove.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In their rooms.
9. What do Katie and Lynn buy for their picnic?
(a) Crackers and orange soda.
(b) Peanut butter and bread.
(c) Cookies and cola.
(d) Doughnuts and rootbeer.
10. What makes Katie's father laugh?
(a) An old picture he finds of Lynn.
(b) Katie's mother's hair.
(c) Katie and Silly's dance.
(d) Sammy's new songs.
11. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
(a) How angry they are about the accident.
(b) What they need to do for their children.
(c) How kind Hank was to them.
(d) About how much money they owe the hospital.
12. Who stays with Lynn in the bigger hospital most of the time?
13. What happens that cuts the power at the hatchery?
(a) An overheated generator.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A blown fuse.
(d) A thunderstorm.
14. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
(a) Write him a thank you note.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Buy him a gift.
(d) Make him some food.
15. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
(a) Breaks the glasses with her hands.
(b) Spills them on the floor on purpose.
(c) Throws them at Katie.
(d) Spills them on her bed accidentally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie do some mornings to keep herself going?
2. What does Lynn's family think is healing her?
3. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
4. What has Lynn stopped doing since she got sick?
5. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)