|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the helpful man stay with the family at the hospital?
(a) Until the parents arrive.
(b) Until they are able to go home.
(c) Until they get an update on Sammy's condition.
(d) Until Katie stops crying.
2. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
(a) She was always concerned with living in the present.
(b) She was going places.
(c) She gave love to everyone she knew.
(d) She could take ordinary things and make them beautiful.
3. What is Lynn's eulogy supposed to end with?
(a) The meaning of her name.
(b) The theme of her life.
(c) A good memory.
(d) A song.
4. What does Katie's mother say is wrong with Lynn when they come home from the hospital?
5. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
(a) Cars driving by.
(b) Lynn's heavy breathing.
(c) Sammy's moaning.
(d) Her parents talking.
6. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
(a) Slaps Lynn.
(b) Goes to her knees sobbing.
(c) Walks away.
(d) Yells and tells Lynn that she hates her.
7. What does Katie see in a trash can at the hatchery that she hides from Sammy?
(a) Dead chicks.
(d) Broken eggs.
8. What does Katie's mother feed Lynn every day when she gets out of the hospital?
9. What nationality is the man who helps Sammy when he is injured?
10. What is left at the picnic site?
(a) The bicycles.
(b) Lynn's journal.
(c) The basket.
(d) Katie's wallet.
11. What scares Katie at the funeral?
(a) Watching her mother faint.
(b) Giving the eulogy.
(c) Thinking about ghosts.
(d) Seeing her father cry.
12. How much money do Lynn and Katie save up to help buy a house?
13. What game does Katie play while Lynn is in the hospital?
14. What does Lynn's mother want to keep after her death?
(b) Everything in Lynn's room.
(c) Everything Lynn touched.
(d) Everything that made Lynn smile.
15. What does Katie's mother lecture her about on her birthday?
(a) Doing better in school.
(b) Being nice to Sammy.
(c) Cleaning up after herself.
(d) Choosing good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
2. What does Amber think of Katie and Silly's pretend band?
3. What makes Katie's father laugh?
4. What does Katie sleep on when Lynn gets back from the hospital?
5. What does Katie steal from the hatchery?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)