|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lynn and Katie once throw from the roof of their house?
(a) Newspaper scraps.
2. How does Katie feel when she goes camping after Lynn gets sick?
(a) More scared than ever before.
(b) Frustrated and confused.
(c) Happier than she has been in a long time.
(d) Guilty about enjoying herself without Lynn.
3. What does the helpful man get for Katie while she is waiting for her parents in the hospital?
(c) A bear.
4. What kind of tree is outside the new house?
5. What color is the house Lynn picks out to buy?
(a) Lemon yellow.
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Bright white.
(d) Barn red.
6. Who does Katie invite to go camping with her after Lynn gets sick?
7. What does Silly do before she leaves Katie's house on her birthday?
(a) Begs Katie to come to her house some day.
(b) Takes the used tissues out of their garbage.
(c) Finds all the empty tin cans to recycle.
(d) Fills some water jugs to take home.
8. What do Katie's parents talk about at night after the picnic?
(a) How kind Hank was to them.
(b) What they need to do for their children.
(c) About how much money they owe the hospital.
(d) How angry they are about the accident.
9. Who builds the box for Lynn's altar?
10. What color does Lynn turn while Sammy is injured?
11. What does Katie say is the theme of Lynn's life at the end of her essay?
(a) She was always concerned with living in the present.
(b) She could take ordinary things and make them beautiful.
(c) She gave love to everyone she knew.
(d) She was going places.
12. What does Lynn do with the milk and water that Katie brings her one night?
(a) Breaks the glasses with her hands.
(b) Throws them at Katie.
(c) Spills them on the floor on purpose.
(d) Spills them on her bed accidentally.
13. What does Lynn think of Katie and Silly in their pretend band?
(a) They are incredibly annoying.
(b) They are giving her a headache.
(c) They are cuter than words.
(d) They are making her jealous.
14. Where does Katie's family go on vacation at the end of the book?
(b) New York.
15. What do Katie and Sammy do for the workers at the hatchery?
(a) Read to them.
(b) Pour coffee.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Take out the trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Katie and her father eat after Lynn dies?
2. What are the names of Katsu's twin boys?
3. What does Katie's mother tell her to do for the man who helped her?
4. What does Katie listen to at night after the picnic?
5. What does Katie do after the milk and water incident?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)