|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A whiskey flask.
(d) A chess set.
2. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
(a) Brandon's swamp.
(b) Braden's swamp.
(c) Britta's swamp.
(d) Brenda's swamp.
3. What part of the plant does Mother work in at the beginning of the summer?
(a) The dirty section.
(b) The clean section.
(c) The hot section.
(d) The cold section.
4. What do the adults tell the girls to do in the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) Hold onto Father's belt or Mother's purse.
(b) Hold hands.
(c) Don't look people in the eye.
(d) Stay in the car.
5. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
(a) A lost soul.
(b) Lynn's puppy dog.
(c) A hungry mind.
(d) Lynn's toy.
6. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
(a) She is smarter than the other kids in Kindergarten.
(b) She cries and screams when taken to Kindergarten.
(c) Katie is afraid of being without Lynn.
(d) The Kindergarten teacher doesn't like Asians.
7. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
8. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
9. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
(a) An apartment.
(b) Her knowledge.
(d) A car.
10. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
(a) Amber's house.
(b) Mrs. Kanagawa's house.
(c) In the car at Mother's workplace.
(d) In bed.
11. What does Lynn write in her journal in addition to the happenings?
(a) Wish lists.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) Short stories.
12. What does a doctor prescribe for Lynn when she gets hit?
(b) Iron pills.
(c) Vitamin C tablets.
(d) Calcium supplements.
13. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
(a) It would cause trouble for the workers.
(b) It would cause massive layoffs.
(c) It would improve the conditions in the plant.
(d) It would raise her income a lot.
14. How old does Katie want to be when she meets her imaginary boyfriend?
15. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What volume of the Encyclopedia Brittanica does Lynn own?
2. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
3. Where does Katsu practice his chess moves?
4. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
5. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)