|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
2. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
(a) A sweater.
(b) Her journal.
(c) A book.
(d) Her stuffed horse.
3. How old does Katie want to be when she meets her imaginary boyfriend?
4. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
(a) Brandon's swamp.
(b) Britta's swamp.
(c) Braden's swamp.
(d) Brenda's swamp.
5. What does Katie think is the one thing that will never change about Lynn?
(a) Her humility.
(b) Her love of the sea.
(c) Her kindness to animals.
(d) Her genius.
6. What is the man in the parking lot called?
(a) A hopper.
(b) A thug.
(c) A splitter.
(d) A union force.
7. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the car at Mother's workplace.
(c) Mrs. Kanagawa's house.
(d) Amber's house.
8. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Take a sponge bath.
(d) Stretch her muscles.
9. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
(a) They are tagged.
(b) They are neutered.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are separated from the females.
10. What does Lynn do to save Katie when she is 5-years-old?
(a) Tells Katie to play dead.
(b) Calls for her father.
(c) Pulls the dog's tail.
(d) Hits the cougar with a stick.
11. What does Katsu do when he loses the first game of chess to Lynn?
(b) Asks her to teach him her moves.
(c) Challenges a rematch.
(d) Accuses her of cheating.
12. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
(a) Joe-John Abondondalarama.
(b) Jim-Jake Absalomarada.
(c) Josh-Josh Ablamoraforada.
(d) John-Jim Abalonsaloma.
13. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
(a) Give them bathroom breaks.
(b) Put in air conditioning.
(c) Play music for them.
(d) Let them have a union.
14. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
15. How long does Mother have to stay in bed when she is young and sick?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
2. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
3. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
4. How much money does Katie's father give them every day to buy treats with?
5. What part of the plant does Mother work in at the beginning of the summer?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)