|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Katie's favorite toy?
2. What does Katie ask Lynn while she is sick?
(a) If she will ever get better.
(b) If she is faking.
(c) What is wrong with her.
(d) Why she can't get better.
3. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
4. What has Lynn done when Katie has been sick in bed?
(a) Play puppet shows for her.
(b) Sneak in to be with her.
(c) Save all her treats to share when she was better.
(d) Make her cards to brighten her room.
5. What do the adults tell the girls to do in the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) Hold hands.
(b) Hold onto Father's belt or Mother's purse.
(c) Stay in the car.
(d) Don't look people in the eye.
6. How long is the drive to Mother's workplace?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
7. What does the little girl in the parking lot of the plant do in the plant?
(a) Counts chickens.
(b) Cleans bathrooms.
(d) Washes windows.
8. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
(a) Britta's swamp.
(b) Brandon's swamp.
(c) Braden's swamp.
(d) Brenda's swamp.
9. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A whiskey flask.
(d) A diamond ring.
10. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
11. What kind of animal is Katie's favorite toy?
(a) A bear.
(b) A mix of all of these.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A dog.
12. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
(a) They are tagged.
(b) They are separated from the females.
(c) They are neutered.
(d) They are killed.
13. What are Katie and Lynn playing with the chess set when Katsu sees them?
14. What is wrong with the bathroom in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) The wallpaper is peeling.
(b) The carpet is worn and faded.
(c) There are no windows and it is dark.
(d) It has moldy walls.
15. What does Katsu do when he loses the first game of chess to Lynn?
(a) Asks her to teach him her moves.
(b) Accuses her of cheating.
(c) Challenges a rematch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
2. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
3. What is an antebellum home?
4. Where does Katie's uncle live?
5. What does the girl in the parking lot give Sammy for the first time?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)