|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the plant does Mother work in at the beginning of the summer?
(a) The hot section.
(b) The clean section.
(c) The dirty section.
(d) The cold section.
2. What is next to Brenda when Katie sees her?
(a) A harp.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A suitcase.
3. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
(a) She complains about sleeping on the floor.
(b) She does not clean the ring in the bath tub after her bath.
(c) She yells at Lynn for ruining her life.
(d) She hits her brother when he is naughty.
4. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(b) Aunt Fumi.
(c) Amber's mother.
(d) Uncle Katsu.
5. What petty wish does Katie wish for one night?
(a) A pet cat.
(b) White skin.
(c) A new dress.
(d) 16 crayons.
6. What is Brenda wearing when Katie sees her?
(a) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(b) A white dress.
(d) A black robe.
7. What has Lynn done when Katie has been sick in bed?
(a) Sneak in to be with her.
(b) Save all her treats to share when she was better.
(c) Play puppet shows for her.
(d) Make her cards to brighten her room.
8. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) Cousin David.
(b) Auntie Fuma.
(c) Two boys.
(d) Mother and Father.
9. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(b) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
(c) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
(d) They take a train.
10. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
11. What do Father and Katsu do on the first day Katsu is there?
(a) Tune up the old truck.
(b) Pack boxes.
(c) Look for hired help.
(d) Talk about old times.
12. What does Lynn get hit in the chest with that sends her to bed?
(a) A ball.
(b) A brick.
(c) A bat.
(d) A book.
13. What does Sammy do at the Muramoto's house?
(a) Play with blocks.
(b) Watch TV.
(d) Learn to read.
14. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
(a) A whiskey flask.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A diamond ring.
15. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
(a) Play music for them.
(b) Put in air conditioning.
(c) Give them bathroom breaks.
(d) Let them have a union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
2. Who owns the place where Mother works?
3. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
4. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
5. What is the name of Katie's favorite toy?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)