|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
2. How much money does Katie's father give them every day to buy treats with?
(a) A penny.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
3. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
(a) They are neutered.
(b) They are separated from the females.
(c) They are tagged.
(d) They are killed.
4. What is wrong with the bathroom in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) There are no windows and it is dark.
(b) It has moldy walls.
(c) The wallpaper is peeling.
(d) The carpet is worn and faded.
5. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
(a) Squirrel stew.
6. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
7. Who owns the place where Mother works?
(a) Mr. Lydon.
(b) Mr. Lyndon.
(c) Mr. London.
(d) Mr. Lordon.
8. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Aunt Fumi.
(b) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(c) Amber's mother.
(d) Uncle Katsu.
9. What is next to Brenda when Katie sees her?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A harp.
(d) A suitcase.
10. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa's house.
(b) In the car at Mother's workplace.
(c) Amber's house.
(d) In bed.
11. What does Lynn want more than anything in the world at the beginning of the book?
(b) An education.
(c) A house.
(d) A car.
12. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
(a) She is smarter than the other kids in Kindergarten.
(b) The Kindergarten teacher doesn't like Asians.
(c) She cries and screams when taken to Kindergarten.
(d) Katie is afraid of being without Lynn.
13. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
14. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) Amanda's hair.
(c) A dead tree.
(d) Lynn's clothes.
15. What is an antebellum home?
(a) A home owned through inheritance.
(b) A home of important dignitaries.
(c) A home built during the Civil War.
(d) A home for refugees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl in the parking lot give Sammy for the first time?
2. What is Katie unable to do without her favorite toy?
3. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
4. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
5. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)