|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
2. What does Katie ask Lynn while she is sick?
(a) What is wrong with her.
(b) Why she can't get better.
(c) If she is faking.
(d) If she will ever get better.
3. What is the name of the girl who talks to Katie in the parking lot?
4. What has Lynn done when Katie has been sick in bed?
(a) Save all her treats to share when she was better.
(b) Play puppet shows for her.
(c) Sneak in to be with her.
(d) Make her cards to brighten her room.
5. What is an antebellum home?
(a) A home built during the Civil War.
(b) A home of important dignitaries.
(c) A home owned through inheritance.
(d) A home for refugees.
6. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(b) Mrs. Krakohatsu.
(c) Ms. Karnworhata.
(d) Ms. Kinoshawa.
7. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
(a) A sweater.
(b) Her journal.
(c) A book.
(d) Her stuffed horse.
8. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
9. What does Lynn get hit in the chest with that sends her to bed?
(a) A book.
(b) A brick.
(c) A ball.
(d) A bat.
10. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) The wallpaper is peeling.
(b) There are no windows and it is dark.
(c) The carpet is worn and faded.
(d) It has moldy walls.
11. What is Katsu's full name?
12. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
(b) They will be out of Father's way there.
(c) It is cooler in that room.
(d) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
13. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(a) Spits on a tree.
(c) Writes it down in his journal.
(d) Walks away in a rage.
14. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
(a) Playing hide and seek.
(c) French kissing.
15. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Soaring in the sky.
(c) Building a sand castle.
(d) Singing for a crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
2. What does Lynn's best friend want to be when she grows up?
3. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
4. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Katie unable to do without her favorite toy?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)