|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
(a) She complains about sleeping on the floor.
(b) She hits her brother when he is naughty.
(c) She does not clean the ring in the bath tub after her bath.
(d) She yells at Lynn for ruining her life.
2. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
3. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
4. What does Katie ask Lynn while she is sick?
(a) What is wrong with her.
(b) If she is faking.
(c) Why she can't get better.
(d) If she will ever get better.
5. How does Katie save Lynn's life the same night Lynn saved hers?
(a) Throws her shoes at the wolf.
(b) Squirts the bear with a hose.
(c) Calls the police from the house.
(d) Throws a bottle of milk at the dog.
6. What does Katsu teach Amber to do?
(a) Build a fire.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(c) Use a rock sling.
(d) Shoot a bow and arrow.
7. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(a) Walks away in a rage.
(c) Spits on a tree.
(d) Writes it down in his journal.
8. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) The wallpaper is peeling.
(b) The carpet is worn and faded.
(c) It has moldy walls.
(d) There are no windows and it is dark.
9. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(b) Aunt Fumi.
(c) Uncle Katsu.
(d) Amber's mother.
10. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 90 minutes.
11. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
12. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
(a) It would cause trouble for the workers.
(b) It would improve the conditions in the plant.
(c) It would cause massive layoffs.
(d) It would raise her income a lot.
13. What does Lynn once try to read?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) A history book.
(c) The dictionary.
(d) The bible.
14. What does Mother find when she returns home from work with Katie and Sammy?
(a) Their lights were turned off.
(b) Father was hurt at work.
(c) Lynn is sick in bed.
(d) They are out of milk.
15. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
(a) A hungry mind.
(b) Lynn's toy.
(c) Lynn's puppy dog.
(d) A lost soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many chess matches does Katsu lose to Lynn?
2. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
3. What does Lynn do to save Katie when she is 5-years-old?
4. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
5. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)