|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(a) Walks away in a rage.
(b) Writes it down in his journal.
(c) Spits on a tree.
2. What does the girl in the parking lot give Sammy for the first time?
(a) Peanut butter.
3. What has Lynn done when Katie has been sick in bed?
(a) Sneak in to be with her.
(b) Make her cards to brighten her room.
(c) Play puppet shows for her.
(d) Save all her treats to share when she was better.
4. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
(a) A book.
(b) Her stuffed horse.
(c) A sweater.
(d) Her journal.
5. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
(b) It is cooler in that room.
(c) They will be out of Father's way there.
(d) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
6. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
7. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
8. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
9. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
(a) Stretch her muscles.
(b) Take a sponge bath.
(d) Take a nap.
10. What does Lynn do to save Katie when she is 5-years-old?
(a) Calls for her father.
(b) Pulls the dog's tail.
(c) Tells Katie to play dead.
(d) Hits the cougar with a stick.
11. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
12. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
(a) Ignorant woman.
(b) Rich woman.
(c) Bad woman.
(d) Blind woman.
13. What word does Father use to describe Lynn when she is sick in bed?
14. What do the adults tell the girls to do in the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) Hold onto Father's belt or Mother's purse.
(b) Hold hands.
(c) Don't look people in the eye.
(d) Stay in the car.
15. What volume of the Encyclopedia Brittanica does Lynn own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the little girl in the parking lot of the plant do in the plant?
2. What does Lynn tell Katie when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
3. What is the name of Katie's favorite toy?
4. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
5. Who is the narrator of this book?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)