|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Building a sand castle.
(b) Swimming in the ocean.
(c) Singing for a crowd.
(d) Soaring in the sky.
2. What is Katsu's full name?
3. What do Father and Katsu do on the first day Katsu is there?
(a) Tune up the old truck.
(b) Talk about old times.
(c) Look for hired help.
(d) Pack boxes.
4. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
(a) Give them bathroom breaks.
(b) Play music for them.
(c) Let them have a union.
(d) Put in air conditioning.
5. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
(a) Josh-Josh Ablamoraforada.
(b) Joe-John Abondondalarama.
(c) John-Jim Abalonsaloma.
(d) Jim-Jake Absalomarada.
6. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
(a) A hungry mind.
(b) Lynn's puppy dog.
(c) Lynn's toy.
(d) A lost soul.
7. Where does Lynn stay for the first week of summer?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa's house.
(b) In bed.
(c) Amber's house.
(d) In the car at Mother's workplace.
8. What kind of animal is Katie's favorite toy?
(a) A mix of all of these.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
9. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
10. Who is the leader of the kids in the apartment complex?
11. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(b) Ms. Kinoshawa.
(c) Mrs. Krakohatsu.
(d) Ms. Karnworhata.
12. What does Lynn once try to read?
(a) A history book.
(b) The encyclopedia.
(c) The bible.
(d) The dictionary.
13. What volume of the Encyclopedia Brittanica does Lynn own?
14. What does Kira-kira mean?
15. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
(a) Brenda's swamp.
(b) Brandon's swamp.
(c) Britta's swamp.
(d) Braden's swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
3. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
4. What does a doctor prescribe for Lynn when she gets hit?
5. How long does Mother have to stay in bed when she is young and sick?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)