|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
2. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A whiskey flask.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A chess set.
4. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They take a train.
(b) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
(c) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(d) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
5. What is Katsu's full name?
6. What does Katie do that makes her parents angry with her?
(a) She hits her brother when he is naughty.
(b) She complains about sleeping on the floor.
(c) She yells at Lynn for ruining her life.
(d) She does not clean the ring in the bath tub after her bath.
7. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Singing for a crowd.
(b) Swimming in the ocean.
(c) Building a sand castle.
(d) Soaring in the sky.
8. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
9. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
(a) Ms. Karnworhata.
(b) Mrs. Krakohatsu.
(c) Ms. Kinoshawa.
(d) Mrs. Kanagawa.
10. What does Lynn write in her journal in addition to the happenings?
(a) Short stories.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) Wish lists.
11. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) Lynn's clothes.
(c) A dead tree.
(d) Amanda's hair.
12. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
(a) She is not sanitary.
(b) They can't pay her.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) She might steal a chicken.
13. What does Mother find when she returns home from work with Katie and Sammy?
(a) Their lights were turned off.
(b) They are out of milk.
(c) Lynn is sick in bed.
(d) Father was hurt at work.
14. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) Two boys.
(b) Auntie Fuma.
(c) Cousin David.
(d) Mother and Father.
15. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
(a) A car.
(c) An apartment.
(d) Her knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
2. What does Kira-kira mean?
3. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
4. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
5. What does Katie think is the one thing that will never change about Lynn?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)