|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has joined the camp when Katie wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) Mother and Father.
(b) Two boys.
(c) Auntie Fuma.
(d) Cousin David.
2. What does Kira-kira mean?
3. How does Katie save Lynn's life the same night Lynn saved hers?
(a) Squirts the bear with a hose.
(b) Calls the police from the house.
(c) Throws her shoes at the wolf.
(d) Throws a bottle of milk at the dog.
4. What does Katie stand on to look into the plant?
(a) A stack of bricks.
(b) A garbage can.
(c) A car hood.
(d) A crate.
5. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
6. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
7. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
(a) Blind woman.
(b) Rich woman.
(c) Ignorant woman.
(d) Bad woman.
8. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
9. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
(a) A dead tree.
(b) Lynn's clothes.
(c) Amanda's hair.
(d) A sleeping bag.
10. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
(a) She is smarter than the other kids in Kindergarten.
(b) She cries and screams when taken to Kindergarten.
(c) The Kindergarten teacher doesn't like Asians.
(d) Katie is afraid of being without Lynn.
11. What does Katsu teach Amber to do?
(a) Build a fire.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(c) Use a rock sling.
(d) Shoot a bow and arrow.
12. What does Sammy do at the Muramoto's house?
(a) Play with blocks.
(c) Learn to read.
(d) Watch TV.
13. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A book.
(c) Her stuffed horse.
(d) Her journal.
14. How much money does Katie's father give them every day to buy treats with?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A dime.
(d) A penny.
15. What does Amber kill at the camp?
(a) A bird.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the adults tell the girls to do in the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
2. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
3. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
4. What is the man in the parking lot called?
5. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)