|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
(a) Josh-Josh Ablamoraforada.
(b) Jim-Jake Absalomarada.
(c) Joe-John Abondondalarama.
(d) John-Jim Abalonsaloma.
2. What does Lynn say when Katie asks if she is a genius?
3. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
4. What does the little girl in the parking lot of the plant do in the plant?
(a) Cleans bathrooms.
(b) Washes windows.
(c) Counts chickens.
5. How long does Mother have to stay in bed when she is young and sick?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
6. What does Kira-kira mean?
7. Why does Mother make Katie and Sammy sleep in the living room the night after they spend the day in the car?
(a) There is light from a street lamp outside that window.
(b) They will be out of Father's way there.
(c) She is worried Lynn could be contagious.
(d) It is cooler in that room.
8. Which of the following does the lady at the hotel NOT call Katie?
9. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(a) Spits on a tree.
(c) Walks away in a rage.
(d) Writes it down in his journal.
10. Which of the following is NOT a story told by Katsu at the camp?
(a) Hunting bears.
(b) Returning money with a friend.
(c) Shooting cans.
(d) A tornado.
11. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
(d) New York.
12. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
(a) A hungry mind.
(b) Lynn's puppy dog.
(c) Lynn's toy.
(d) A lost soul.
13. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 90 minutes.
14. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is confused.
15. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Singing for a crowd.
(c) Soaring in the sky.
(d) Building a sand castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Katie hope to have?
2. How long is the drive to Mother's workplace?
3. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
4. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
5. What does Lynn want more than anything in the world at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)