|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katie feel about school?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is a privilege.
(c) It is torture.
(d) It is exciting.
2. What does the girl in the parking lot give Sammy for the first time?
(c) Peanut butter.
3. What does Mother do in the car during her break?
(a) Stretch her muscles.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Take a sponge bath.
4. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
(d) New York.
5. What does Katie say she would change if she owned the plant her mother works at?
(a) Put in air conditioning.
(b) Play music for them.
(c) Give them bathroom breaks.
(d) Let them have a union.
6. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(a) Spits on a tree.
(b) Writes it down in his journal.
(d) Walks away in a rage.
7. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
8. How long does Mother have to stay in bed when she is young and sick?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 9 months.
9. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
10. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
(a) They are tagged.
(b) They are separated from the females.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are neutered.
11. What do Lynn's parents do for a living?
(a) Run a restaurant.
(b) Work in a plant.
(c) Own a grocery store.
(d) Farm a sugar beat field.
12. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
13. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
14. What are Katie and Lynn playing with the chess set when Katsu sees them?
15. Who is the narrator of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
2. What does Lynn say when Katie asks if she is a genius?
3. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
4. Which of the following is NOT a story told by Katsu at the camp?
5. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)