|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katsu do when he loses the first game of chess to Lynn?
(a) Accuses her of cheating.
(b) Challenges a rematch.
(c) Asks her to teach him her moves.
2. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
(b) Her knowledge.
(c) A car.
(d) An apartment.
3. What do the adults tell the girls to do in the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) Don't look people in the eye.
(b) Hold onto Father's belt or Mother's purse.
(c) Hold hands.
(d) Stay in the car.
4. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
5. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) It has moldy walls.
(b) The carpet is worn and faded.
(c) The wallpaper is peeling.
(d) There are no windows and it is dark.
6. What does Amber kill at the camp?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rabbit.
7. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
8. Why does Mother tell Katie she cannot go into the plant with her?
(a) They can't pay her.
(b) She might steal a chicken.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) She is not sanitary.
9. What attacks Katie when she is 5-years-old?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
10. What is the name of Katie's favorite toy?
11. What kind of animal is Katie's favorite toy?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A mix of all of these.
12. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
13. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
(a) Joe-John Abondondalarama.
(b) Jim-Jake Absalomarada.
(c) Josh-Josh Ablamoraforada.
(d) John-Jim Abalonsaloma.
14. Who does Katie stay with during the day when they first move to Georgia?
(a) Mrs. Krakohatsu.
(b) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(c) Ms. Kinoshawa.
(d) Ms. Karnworhata.
15. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They take a train.
(b) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(c) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
(d) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father call the lady at the hotel?
2. What is an antebellum home?
3. Where does Lynn want her house to be when she grows up?
4. What does Lynn once try to read?
5. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)