|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lynn want more than anything in the world at the beginning of the book?
(b) An education.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
2. What does the little girl in the parking lot of the plant do in the plant?
(a) Cleans bathrooms.
(c) Counts chickens.
(d) Washes windows.
3. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
4. What is Katie unable to do without her favorite toy?
(b) Stay dry through the night.
5. Who does Amber almost kill at the camp?
6. What is wrong with the bathroom in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) The wallpaper is peeling.
(b) There are no windows and it is dark.
(c) It has moldy walls.
(d) The carpet is worn and faded.
7. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
(a) Amber's house.
(b) In the car at Mother's workplace.
(c) Mrs. Kanagawa's house.
(d) In bed.
8. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Singing for a crowd.
(b) Building a sand castle.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Soaring in the sky.
9. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Aunt Fumi.
(b) Amber's mother.
(c) Mrs. Kanagawa.
(d) Uncle Katsu.
10. What does Katie eat when Lynn leaves her at the camp?
(d) Squirrel stew.
11. What does Sammy do at the Muramoto's house?
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Play with blocks.
(d) Learn to read.
12. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They take a train.
(b) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(c) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
(d) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
13. Where does Katie's uncle live?
14. What is wrong with the kitchen in the new apartment in Georgia?
(a) There are no windows and it is dark.
(b) It has moldy walls.
(c) The carpet is worn and faded.
(d) The wallpaper is peeling.
15. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
(a) She cries and screams when taken to Kindergarten.
(b) The Kindergarten teacher doesn't like Asians.
(c) She is smarter than the other kids in Kindergarten.
(d) Katie is afraid of being without Lynn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
2. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
3. What do the adults tell the girls to do in the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
4. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
5. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)