|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amber kill at the camp?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A squirrel.
2. What game does Lynn's father teach her?
3. What is the name of the swamp Mother passes on her way to work?
(a) Braden's swamp.
(b) Brandon's swamp.
(c) Britta's swamp.
(d) Brenda's swamp.
4. What does Lynn do when she wakes up from her dream the night after seeing the doctor?
5. What does Lynn misplace in the move?
(a) A book.
(b) A sweater.
(c) Her journal.
(d) Her stuffed horse.
6. How many Japanese families dine with Katie's family on the first night they reach Georgia?
7. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
(b) They take a train.
(c) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(d) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
8. What is an antebellum home?
(a) A home for refugees.
(b) A home owned through inheritance.
(c) A home built during the Civil War.
(d) A home of important dignitaries.
9. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
10. What does Mother find when she returns home from work with Katie and Sammy?
(a) They are out of milk.
(b) Lynn is sick in bed.
(c) Father was hurt at work.
(d) Their lights were turned off.
11. Who is the narrator of this book?
12. Where does Katie stay for the first week of summer?
(a) Mrs. Kanagawa's house.
(b) Amber's house.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the car at Mother's workplace.
13. What is Katie unable to do without her favorite toy?
(a) Stay dry through the night.
14. How many children does Katie hope to have?
15. What is Katsu's full name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's mother say would happen if a union were formed at work?
2. What does the woman who watches Katie during the day call her?
3. Which of the following is NOT a story told by Katsu at the camp?
4. What does Lynn get hit in the chest with that sends her to bed?
5. Where does Lynn stay for the first week of summer?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)