|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a doctor prescribe for Lynn when she gets hit?
(a) Vitamin C tablets.
(c) Iron pills.
(d) Calcium supplements.
2. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
3. How does Katie feel about school?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is exciting.
(c) It is a privilege.
(d) It is torture.
4. What does Katie light on fire when she goes camping with Lynn and her best friend?
(a) Lynn's clothes.
(b) Amanda's hair.
(c) A dead tree.
(d) A sleeping bag.
5. What is Katsu's full name?
6. Why do Katie's parents decide to put Katie in school in first grade instead of Kindergarten?
(a) She is smarter than the other kids in Kindergarten.
(b) The Kindergarten teacher doesn't like Asians.
(c) She cries and screams when taken to Kindergarten.
(d) Katie is afraid of being without Lynn.
7. What petty wish does Katie wish for one night?
(a) 16 crayons.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A pet cat.
(d) White skin.
8. What is the name of Lynn's best friend?
9. What does Lynn say when Katie asks if she is a genius?
10. What does Kira-kira mean?
11. What is the first big city they stop in on their drive to Georgia?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
12. What does Lynn want to share with Katie when they go to college?
(a) A car.
(c) An apartment.
(d) Her knowledge.
13. What does Amber kill at the camp?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A lizard.
14. What happens to the male chicks at the poultry hatchery?
(a) They are separated from the females.
(b) They are neutered.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are tagged.
15. How does Katie's family move at the beginning of the book?
(a) They take a train.
(b) With Uncle Katsu's truck.
(c) They fly themselves there and mail their belongings.
(d) They load up their car with all they can and leave the rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
2. What is next to Brenda when Katie sees her?
3. How long does it take for Lynn to win a game of chess against Katsu?
4. What is the name of Katie's imaginary boyfriend?
5. What does Katie think Lynn is doing with the boys she goes with while camping?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)