|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an antebellum home?
(a) A home built during the Civil War.
(b) A home of important dignitaries.
(c) A home owned through inheritance.
(d) A home for refugees.
2. What does Katsu do when he loses the last chess match against Lynn?
(b) Walks away in a rage.
(c) Writes it down in his journal.
(d) Spits on a tree.
3. What does Lynn dream about the night after seeing the doctor?
(a) Soaring in the sky.
(b) Singing for a crowd.
(c) Building a sand castle.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
4. Where does Katsu practice his chess moves?
(a) The cab of the truck.
(b) The hotel lobby.
(c) The bed.
(d) The bathroom.
5. What does Lynn's best friend want to be when she grows up?
(a) An actress.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A model.
6. What embarrasses Katie when she gets to Katsu's house?
(a) Her shirt is dirty.
(b) She wet her pants.
(c) She can't speak Japanese.
(d) Her hair is short.
7. How much money does Lynn find hidden under the refrigerator?
8. Who is the narrator of this book?
9. What do Lynn's parents do for a living?
(a) Work in a plant.
(b) Run a restaurant.
(c) Farm a sugar beat field.
(d) Own a grocery store.
10. Who stays with Lynn the second day she is in bed?
(a) Uncle Katsu.
(b) Aunt Fumi.
(c) Amber's mother.
(d) Mrs. Kanagawa.
11. How does Katie feel when she sees the addition to the camp when she wakes up after the rabbit hunt?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is confused.
12. What does Katie stand on to look into the plant?
(a) A garbage can.
(b) A stack of bricks.
(c) A crate.
(d) A car hood.
13. What does Katsu buy in a pawn shop in Nashville?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A chess set.
(d) A whiskey flask.
14. What is Katsu's full name?
15. What does Lynn once try to read?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The encyclopedia.
(c) The bible.
(d) A history book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls do during the beginning of their trip in the truck?
2. What does Mother find when she returns home from work with Katie and Sammy?
3. What petty wish does Katie wish for one night?
4. How old does Katie want to be when she meets her imaginary boyfriend?
5. Who owns the place where Mother works?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)