|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Volo Samos decide to escape Maven's court?
2. Why is Piedmont allied with Montfort and the Scarlet Guard?
3. What does Iris do to protect Maven?
4. What does Iris ask Evangline to help her with?
5. Why did Shade stop being a spy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mare’s lightning power come back?
2. How does Anabel Lerolan react when Volo Samos tells her that he is King of the Rift and will not give that up?
3. Why does Nanny commit suicide?
4. Why does Mare panic when she sees Cameron?
5. Mare tells Kilorn that she does not know what to do with herself. What does Kilorn suggest? How does Mare react?
6. How are Evangeline, Ptolemus, and Wren able to escape the palace?
7. What is the protocol for newbloods when they are training and become injured?
8. How does Maven escape the Scarlet Guard attack after the wedding?
9. What was the purpose of the Scarlet Guard attack at Maven’s wedding?
10. How do Anabel and Volo plan to cement the alliance between Calore/Lerolan and Samos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about one important event in this book. Why is this event important? How would the story have changed if the event went a different way?
Essay Topic 2
Could any of the characters in King’s Cage be described as a victim of circumstances? If so, who? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short essay comparing and contrasting the attempted coup in King’s Cage to at least one of the coups and/or passive resistance (such as that of Ghandi and MLK) that the class has researched. Why do you think the coup in King’s Cage failed?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)