|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Lakelander war lasted?
2. What Silver House has ruled Norta for hundreds of years?
3. What tattoo does Iris have?
4. What was Queen Elara's throne made out of?
5. Who is Morritan?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mare and Maven are talking about the war, what does he refer to the war as?
2. What are the nicknames of Mare’s four guards and what is their power?
3. Why did Elara start influencing Maven’s mind?
4. How does Mare discover that there was a Scarlet Guard attack on Corvium?
5. Why does Cal finally agree to strike Corvium?
6. What does Maven make Mare say about the Scarlet Guard?
7. What does Mare do instead of getting dressed in the red gown?
8. After the assassination attempt, what is learned about the faction? Who do they want on the throne?
9. Why did Maven have a new throne instead of using his father’s?
10. Who is the newblood Halley? What happens when she uses her power at court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the first three chapters of King’s Cage to any other novel you have read, either in class or for fun. Discuss the authors’ choices of character development, dialog, action, and pacing.
Essay Topic 2
Explore why Victoria Aveyard changes narrators. Do you think this helps or hurts the story? Would it have been logical without changing narrators? How could she have done that?
Essay Topic 3
Are the roles of men and women portrayed differently in King’s Cage? Why or why not? Are there any characters that break the rule?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)