|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mare do to her books after Nanny's suicide?
(a) Soaks them in water.
(b) Throws them out the window.
(c) Throws them at her guards.
(d) Tears them apart.
2. Who does Nanny make her face look like before she swallows a suicide pill?
(a) Queen Elara.
(b) The former King.
(c) Prince Cal.
3. What happens to Prince Alexandret?
(a) He returns to Piedmont.
(b) He is executed in the Bowl of Bones.
(c) He is shot during the assassination attempt.
(d) He joins the Scarlet Guard.
4. What is a newblood?
(a) A person with silver blood who does not have an ability.
(b) A person with red blood with a special power usually only those with silver blood have.
(c) A baby.
(d) A person with type O blood.
5. What does Mare compare Volo Samos to?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mare do to her guards when she tries to escape?
2. What makes Cal anxious about the attack on Corvium?
3. What is NOT one of Mare’s guards’ nicknames?
4. What is the recently abandoned Scarlet Guard base?
5. Who killed the former King?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mare discover that there was a Scarlet Guard attack on Corvium?
2. Why does Evangeline bring Mare to face Maven's court during the party?
3. How long is Mare a prisoner before she faces Maven again? Who brings her to talk to Maven?
4. Why does Evangeline tell Maven to release Mare? Why does Maven not release Mare?
5. Why did Maven have a new throne instead of using his father’s?
6. Why does Mare feel pity for Maven when he makes her face the court?
7. Why did Elara start influencing Maven’s mind?
8. Why does Maven always refer to the Scarlet Guard as “terrorists”?
9. Why does Mare feel hopeful when Maven lets it slip that Norta is fighting two wars?
10. After the assassination attempt, what is learned about the faction? Who do they want on the throne?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)