|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Farley’s baby?
2. Who has the idea of "Defend, not destroy" (416)?
3. Why is Piedmont allied with Montfort and the Scarlet Guard?
(a) The Montfort generals and the Scarlet Guard are holding Prince Bracken's children prisoner.
(b) Piedmont is just as tired of Maven as the Scarlet Guard.
(c) Prince Bracken is actually Red.
(d) Piedmont is not allied with Montfort.
4. Why does Evangeline walk away from the treaty signing?
(a) Because Maven has Mare sit at his side instead of Evangeline.
(b) Because she needs to sneeze.
(c) Because Maven proposes to Iris.
(d) Because she does not want to sign the treaty.
5. Who is Lord Jerald?
(a) Morrey's father and the head of House Farley.
(b) Cal's grandfather and the head of House Lerolan.
(c) Evangeline's father and the head of House Samos.
(d) Elane's father and the ambassador of House Haven.
6. What does Mare say when asked if Maven loves her?
(a) His version of love is fire.
(b) No, he only loves himself.
(c) What Maven considers love is not love at all.
(d) Love is a promise delivered already broken.
7. What House is Evangeline's maid from?
(a) House Iral.
(b) House Arven.
(c) House Samos.
(d) She does not have a maid.
8. Why does Maven's convoy travel through the Choke?
(a) To parade Mare in front of the Reds.
(b) To get to the white pavilion.
(c) To show the soldiers their King.
(d) To run over as many Red soldiers as they can.
9. What House is Evangeline's mother from?
10. How does Evangeline compare her father to Maven?
(a) Evangeline thinks of her father as listening to all advisors, unlike Maven.
(b) Evangeline thinks her father is more harsh than Maven.
(c) Evangeline thinks they are both good rulers.
(d) Evangeline thinks Maven is more understanding than her father.
11. What town does Maven's tour avoid?
12. What does Iris do to protect Maven?
(a) She pushes him into the Treasury.
(b) She creates a shield of water.
(c) She uses Mare to block the lightning.
(d) She lets him protect her.
13. What Silver family existed before Norta?
14. What does the Lakelander king call Mare?
(a) A smart woman.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) A queen.
(d) A mighty trophy.
15. Who is one individual who carries Iris’ train down the aisle?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harrick’s power?
2. What type of power is not allowed in the Lakelander capital?
3. What title does Volo Samos assume?
4. Why did Shade stop being a spy?
5. Why is Mare afraid to visit The Choke?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)