|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
2. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
3. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
4. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
5. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
Essay Topic 1
How does the role of the Fool emphasize and/or relieve the tragedy of the play? Support your reasoning with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Would Edgar would make a good King of England? Why or why not? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Blindness is a theme throughout King Lear. Where is this theme in evidence in the play, what different kinds of blindness are present in the play, and how does blindness effect the play? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)