Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
2. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
3. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
5. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
Using examples from the text, what are the connections between the main plot and the subplot in the play?
Animals are used in the play to describe various characters. Why does Shakespeare use animals to describe the characters instead of something else? What theme does this connect to? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
How does King Lear portray service? Who serves? What sort of authority and relationships are related to service in the play? Does service, as used in the play, belong to family or to the state? Why? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)