|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
2. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
3. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
4. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
5. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
Essay Topic 1
How does King Lear portray service? Who serves? What sort of authority and relationships are related to service in the play? Does service, as used in the play, belong to family or to the state? Why? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, how does King Lear move toward a greater knowledge of the world and himself through his actions and experiences? Please use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the text, how are Goneril and Regan alike and different in their actions, characteristic, motivations, and reaction to their father?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)