|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
2. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
3. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
5. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
Essay Topic 1
How do the characters of Regan and Goneril change from the moment that they are first introduced until their deaths? Are their deaths just? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, how does King Lear move toward a greater knowledge of the world and himself through his actions and experiences? Please use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Act 4, Scene 6 we are told that there is reason in madness. Using examples from the play, discuss the truth or falsehood of this statement.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)