Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
2. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
3. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
5. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
Essay Topic 1
How does King Lear portray service? Who serves? What sort of authority and relationships are related to service in the play? Does service, as used in the play, belong to family or to the state? Why? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the tone of the play's ending? Is the ending hopeful, dramatic, pessimistic, mysterious or something else? Why might Shakespeare have chosen to end the play in this manner? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Would Edgar would make a good King of England? Why or why not? Please support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)